Page 101 of 186 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Heroic Warrior
    I'm going to laugh when it doesn't happen and they scrap the idea OR it'll be just a few people short of meeting minimum and they'll say they can do it, but they'll have to bump it up to $300.
    "A Race 2 What And Where We Going?
    We In The Same Boat
    But Eye'M The Only One Rowin
    Last Time Eye Checked U Were Sleepin'
    …but U Can Call Me A Dreamer 2"

Quote Originally Posted by Horde08 View Post
    I'm going to laugh when it doesn't happen and they scrap the idea OR it'll be just a few people short of meeting minimum and they'll say they can do it, but they'll have to bump it up to $300.
    to get my two... I would pay $400 each... [after shipping]

...but ppl say I am "Slightly" obsessive over getting my MOTUC Castle Grayskull

I was at TRU today and, after listening to Roast Gooble Dinner #102, I just had to stop by the Barbie section to look at the Dream House. If Castle Grayskull is planned to be bigger than that, it will be AMAZING! Anyone remember how it felt to get CG and seeing that big vintage box? I got mine on Christmas and I can still remember the awe and excitement I felt when I ripped apart the gift wrap and saw that beautiful Rudy Obrero artwork staring back at me. I ran to grab my figures and rushed back to tear open that box and start putting the castle together. Other playsets came and went but Castle Grayskull will always stand out in my mind!

I sincerely hope that the pre-order minimum is met and we get to relive some of that awesomeness once again...And, for those who have kids, maybe even introduce a new generation to CG and create some cool new memories. That's what MOTU is all about!

Snappy Threader
    Whoa that wouldn't be a bit funny. If it doesn't happen it will lead to depression and anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post

No way Rep. You are passionate about it as I am. Keep up the good faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    I was at TRU today and, after listening to Roast Gooble Dinner #102, I just had to stop by the Barbie section to look at the Dream House. If Castle Grayskull is planned to be bigger than that, it will be AMAZING! Anyone remember how it felt to get CG and seeing that big vintage box? I got mine on Christmas and I can still remember the awe and excitement I felt when I ripped apart the gift wrap and saw that beautiful Rudy Obrero artwork staring back at me. I ran to grab my figures and rushed back to tear open that box and start putting the castle together. Other playsets came and went but Castle Grayskull will always stand out in my mind!

I sincerely hope that the pre-order minimum is met and we get to relive some of that awesomeness once again...And, for those who have kids, maybe even introduce a new generation to CG and create some cool new memories. That's what MOTU is all about!
    I remember getting it for my bday in 1983-84 ish.......I don't remember the date but I sure can remember ripping it open and playing with it for days. Bigger than the dream house? This thing will rock no doubt hopefully we find out soon it hit the goal.

Thanks for the countdown, Replikor. I actually thought the time was up, missed it by a day

So, we have to wait till tomorrow to find out? Boo! Hope the extra time helps though.

well you are just a ray of sunshine
    the ignore list is my new best friend

I can't imagine it being this close and it being cancelled. If they left it open until January they would EASILY meet the goal by far

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    I can't imagine it being this close and it being cancelled. If they left it open until January they would EASILY meet the goal by far
    I can't imagine that either, but I don't think we will need to worry about it not making it. Weekend and today orders surely will give it the boost it needs.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    I fully believe that we were to close at the last update for this to not go through... it will go through reguardless. If there are any problems at all at this point I believe that all that will happen is the interior extras will be cut back.
    Last edited by He-Dude; November 12, 2012 at 03:17pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post

I would call that extremely obsessive. There is no way I would pay that much for a plastic playset.

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Whoa that wouldn't be a bit funny. If it doesn't happen it will lead to depression and anxiety.
    I think that's being a bit dramatic. If somebody fell into a depression or something similar because a toy isn't getting made, that's just stupid. Castle Grayskull is not THAT important.

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    well you are just a ray of sunshine
    Indeed I am
    "A Race 2 What And Where We Going?
    We In The Same Boat
    But Eye'M The Only One Rowin
    Last Time Eye Checked U Were Sleepin'
    …but U Can Call Me A Dreamer 2"

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    I can't imagine that either, but I don't think we will need to worry about it not making it. Weekend and today orders surely will give it the boost it needs.
    I hope so--I think ALOT hinges on this going through (not just CG itself).

Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    Anyone remember how it felt to get CG and seeing that big vintage box? I got mine on Christmas and I can still remember the awe and excitement I felt when I ripped apart the gift wrap and saw that beautiful Rudy Obrero artwork staring back at me. I ran to grab my figures and rushed back to tear open that box and start putting the castle together.
    Getting Castle Grayskull is my all time favorite Christmas memory. But, my parents had it put together and sitting out by the tree so I didn't get to see the box. I never missed it though. Once I get this new CG (crosses fingers) The box will quickly go in the bin as well since I don't hold on to those.

That being said, I have always LOVED Rudy's art on the toys and just made a purchase of three of the original artwork prints from him yesterday. Can't wait to get those, frame 'em and have them hanging over the new CG.

I'm not going to be depressed just disappointed, but why would you laugh at fellow fans missing out on something they want? that stance never made sense to me.

Anyway, I got the original for my birthday the year it came out, man seeing the wrapped box under the tree (my bday is in december) I KNEW it was CG but there is ALWAYS that doubt, ripping open the paper and seeing that boxart!! MAN what a day! I went NUTS!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I will be unable to pre-order CG today sadly, but if minimun is met today, I will have until january 3rd 2013? If it's not met today, only people whom thus far has placed a pre-order will get one?
    It's just to clear it up for myself. Been out of the loop on this one...
    WTB:
    SDCC Battle Armor Faker

If the minimum is met, they will leave the ordering open UNTIL January. But why can't you order today? No money is needed to order, just the time to go to the site and order it.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

I'm waiting to pre-order because I actually want to see something before committing the $400+ it will cost me as an international fan.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ADPriceless View Post
    I'm waiting to pre-order because I actually want to see something before committing the $400+ it will cost me as an international fan.
    If you don't pre-order today, you might not have a chance to see anything because they won't make one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by centurn View Post
    I will be unable to pre-order CG today sadly, but if minimun is met today, I will have until january 3rd 2013? If it's not met today, only people whom thus far has placed a pre-order will get one?
    It's just to clear it up for myself. Been out of the loop on this one...
    Nope. If its not met, NOBODY will get one. We need you order today if possible in order to get it into production. They made it to 70 or 75% with the YJ pre-order and cancelled it...I think we need to clear the 100% benchmark before they will make any.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

I just broke down and pre-orderd. These pieces of art from Joe Amato and Stuart Cameron pushed me over the edge. As a UK fan this is going to be a big committment...gulp.

Both by Joe Amato

By Stuart Cameron
    Last edited by Angel-T; November 13, 2012 at 06:48pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

I'm convinced this is getting made and the target will be if not already met. As such, I'm not going to be pressured into a panic buy of something that, because I live in the UK is right on the cusp of what I think it is worth.

Replikor made a comment above about being willing to spend $400 on each of his castles ordered - well, that is the reality for all fans in the UK.

I'll decide whether to pre-order in the next few months once I see a sculpt inside and out.

I'm convinced this is getting made and the target will be if not already met. As such, I'm not going to be pressured into a panic buy of something that, because I live in the UK is right on the cusp of what I think it is worth.

Replikor made a comment above about being willing to spend $400 on each of his castles ordered - well, that is the reality for all fans in the UK.

I'll decide whether to pre-order in the next few months once I see a sculpt inside and out.
    Not trying to pressure....just pointing out if you want one you should order one....because there is the possibility that we all might not get one. And who knows, they may not even have a proto to look at until Toyfair in Feb, in which case the pre-order period would be over with anyway. And trust me, after this thing is produced the after market will at least be a 30% mark-up...because I promise that Mattel's crummy marketing has not reached and will not reach all of the folks who are going to want one of these in time, and they will be scarce on the secondary market.

Well you are not going to see anything till Toy Fair in Feb and pre-orders, if min is met today, will end Jan 3rd.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Fair enough - a sculpt may not be ready but by ordering on the 2nd Jan I'll have all availalble info out there to make my decision upon.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Wow! Even Granamyr is small in comparison to CG!! I CANNOT wait for these!!

Hmmmmmmmmm, now if they could make a size-accurate Dark Smoke......
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Gotta dig Nutnog's style. audman's Avatar
    Just think about it this way . If you are on the fence by the time they actually get to full matty retail they are probably going to be 25 bucks more minimum I would expect. Build onto that the after market value. If this goes Voltron black lion it could be double the price. Worst case you preorder now for 0 bucks. There will be many people with castle envy that will want to take it off your hands shipping built into the price (europe included) and maybe even profit. Everyone seems to act like they are going to be stuck with a lemon here. This is freakin Castle Grayskull. Sign up and there is your exit strategy. I don't like scalping any more than others here but worst case you have a year to prepare and get some exits set up lol.
    Highly Recommended for Fantastic Trades/sales: cayman shen, ElkThunder, Geek-man,

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Wow! Even Granamyr is small in comparison to CG!! I CANNOT wait for these!!

Hmmmmmmmmm, now if they could make a size-accurate Dark Smoke......
    Gray mixing bowl from Target. There's a plastic one they sell in home and garden that looks a lot like the outside dome of Darksmoke and I think will be in scale with Granny. I will send pic next time I go to target.