Page 106 of 186 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Hi Folks

I am seriously stoked in that I will actually get to own a Castle Grayskull. I never had one when I was a kid since my parents could never afford in buying one for us. So this is somewhat a dream come true for me. After seeing the foam core mock up from Scott, I basically decided then I will preorder it. I am looking forward to Toy Fair in February since I am sure we will see something more fleshed out from Mattel and the 4H next year. I already have an area picked out for it right above my desk (IF it will fit).

I also feel that with the preorder still being left open for people to buy, that there is a possibility that Scott and the 4H MAY give us more value for our money. I really cannot see them deducting anything from the project.

So hats off to everyone who preordered to make this happen. We all deserve a nice pat on the back.

I would like to see random diorama pieces included with figures. Like the mirror from Secret of the Sword and more little gadgets from the shows. This playset is going to get so much use lol!

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    ...you were saying?
    What I was saying - and what I continue to say - is that there are many, many of us who are not preordering - even with Grayskull now in production - because the castle does not integrate the Filmation art style into its design. Congratulations to those of you who wanted the castle, but I'm still not preordering until I see some of that art style incorporated into the playset, just as it was incorporated into Bow, She-Ra, Adora, Swift Wind, He-Man, the Sorceress, Orko, the Shadow Beast, and a plethora of other toys in this line. I fail to see why you're trying to rehash this same point with me just because PrototypeOnly!Castle Grayskull is now in production. I felt I made my feelings clear on this matter, and I really don't think there's a point in bringing them up again, since it will just stir up more complaints about complaining.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    What I was saying - and what I continue to say - is that there are many, many of us who are not preordering - even with Grayskull now in production - because the castle does not integrate the Filmation art style into its design. Congratulations to those of you who wanted the castle, but I'm still not preordering until I see some of that art style incorporated into the playset, just as it was incorporated into Bow, She-Ra, Adora, Swift Wind, He-Man, the Sorceress, Orko, the Shadow Beast, and a plethora of other toys in this line. I fail to see why you're trying to rehash this same point with me just because PrototypeOnly!Castle Grayskull is now in production. I felt I made my feelings clear on this matter, and I really don't think there's a point in bringing them up again, since it will just stir up more complaints about complaining.
    I'm just amazed that you see Filmation influence in Bow but not in the Grayskull mock up? You can complain all you want because that's what boards like this exist for, but I must admit that I'm quite baffled by your perception. THAT'S what made you hold off on buying a Grayskull??
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

THANK YOU TOYGURU!!!
    THANK YOU ALL WHO PRE-ORDERED!!!

Went to sleep like a baby last night knowing this is really happening. WE OWN IT!!!
    Just imagine what the Horsemen are gonna do with this!
    Just imagine what all our Classics figures are gonna look like on this!
    What the Vintage Characters will look like with this!!! Seriously really excited that the vintage guys now have a true scale castle!!!
    Imagine all the details that will be in the dungeon, on the computers, on the gun. A new floor level, added bonuses like the secret doors.
    Added details on the walls in weapons, shields, tapestries, even candles and a treasure chest! Look at those blueprints!!!
    A whole base that finishes this playset nicely so you can play with it on the carpet or wherever!
    And in my opinion, will have the look that Grayskull is always to have!
    Mark Taylor and Ted Mayer finally getting the Castle they wanted us to have!

Truly this will be the most Powerful Playset in the Universe!

Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Thank you!!!

Grayskull Experiment? = SUCCESS!!!
    Last edited by Baena; November 14, 2012 at 01:45pm.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Widget
    All of this bickering over MYP, filmation, influences is really getting old and annoying! This is "MOTUC"! From my understanding this is a "update" of the classic "toy" line. This is not motu filmation nor is it motu MYP, it has been wonderful that all of these other lines are being included to fit in with the classic toy line update. I for one can see what this line is meant to be and I feel that the over all designs have been great updates and I'm very happy to have them. I assume most of us are in our 30's, it would be nice if we could all start acting like it. At the end of the day, these are toys! As I child I don't remember being so critical of these toys. I just loved them and I can remember enjoying the hell out of these things. I'd like to continue that! I don't post on these boards very often, but I can tell you reading all this high school drama is ruining my experience.

I'm not ordering one til I see some Golden Books influence.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I'm not ordering one til I see some Golden Books influence.
    It's right there, that one brick, in that one tower, it's the green one... See it?
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    It's right there, that one brick, in that one tower, it's the green one... See it?
    Haha how true....

I how they use glow in the dark paint on some parts of the castle

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Nice. Now I have over a year to get my wife to cave and let me keep the castle on our coffee table. It's really the only place I would be able to see both the inside and outside, and be able to fiddle with it.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    Nice. Now I have over a year to get my wife to cave and let me keep the castle on our coffee table. It's really the only place I would be able to see both the inside and outside, and be able to fiddle with it.
    If you are successful in convincing your wife, please post detailed instructions here on the Org for the rest of us married men.
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    If you are successful in convincing your wife, please post detailed instructions here on the Org for the rest of us married men.
    Well, she said I can keep it there for a day. Baby steps, my friend. Baby steps.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

I figure the Horsemen will do the main stuff on the exterior, hopefully the entire facade. I'm hoping Matty's design team will be confined to the interior.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    I figure the Horsemen will do the main stuff on the exterior, hopefully the entire facade. I'm hoping Matty's design team will be confined to the interior.
    The 4H would sculpt ALL of it. When they say design team I figured they mean the 4H, Scott, people from engineering, etc. They don't mean just sculpters
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    The 4H would sculpt ALL of it. When they say design team I figured they mean the 4H, Scott, people from engineering, etc. They don't mean just sculpters
    Hope you're right!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    Well, she said I can keep it there for a day. Baby steps, my friend. Baby steps.
    My wife is already yelling at me to put away my Wind Raider off my dresser. I have no idea where I'll put this castle!! But you know what, it's like a "rich person's problem." I'm so stoked to actually be able to have this castle, that I am HAPPY I will fight with my wife over where to put it. I would rather fight with my wife over it than not have it at all.

No, I don't like to fight with her, I love her. But, this is freaking CASTLE GRAYSKULL!!!!!
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Imagine the Photo Thread when all of the Grayskull's start shipping!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, imagine Matthew Ks pics from the fwoosh, now They will be astounding

Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    Yeah, imagine Matthew Ks pics from the fwoosh, now They will be astounding
    OMG!!! I didnt even think about that! lol. Those pics will be OUTSTANDINGLY COOL!!!

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Haha no doubt that thread would get quite a few reads. At least a couple dozen from me alone. Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    Yeah The Four Horsemen are sculpting everything for the castle, Then Ruben and the Design dept turn the Horsemens sculpt into a working toy same as they do the figures. Don't forget Doors will open, a wall will move to be a secret passage etc. So yeah its a combined Effort The Four Horsemen, Scott And The MOTU Mattel design team.

AMEN to SCB and to xxxrich78xxx.

I'm so excited for this. Doubly excited that I don't have to convince anyone. My GF wants to give me this for Christmas '13. I love her.

One non complainin' MOFO
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    THANK YOU TOYGURU!!!
    THANK YOU ALL WHO PRE-ORDERED!!!

Went to sleep like a baby last night knowing this is really happening. WE OWN IT!!!
    Just imagine what the Horsemen are gonna do with this!
    Just imagine what all our Classics figures are gonna look like on this!
    What the Vintage Characters will look like with this!!! Seriously really excited that the vintage guys now have a true scale castle!!!
    Imagine all the details that will be in the dungeon, on the computers, on the gun. A new floor level, added bonuses like the secret doors.
    Added details on the walls in weapons, shields, tapestries, even candles and a treasure chest! Look at those blueprints!!!
    A whole base that finishes this playset nicely so you can play with it on the carpet or wherever!
    And in my opinion, will have the look that Grayskull is always to have!
    Mark Taylor and Ted Mayer finally getting the Castle they woanted us to have!

Truly this will be the most Powerful Playset in the Universe!

Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Thank you!!!

Grayskull Experiment? = SUCCESS!!!
    AMEN!! I hope they put a negative spot where we can put castle Grayskullman! That would be awesome. I'm also looking forward to the Windraider "arm" to make it look like its flying around Grayskull. Come on December '13!! Hahaha.
    Last edited by ruinnatn; November 15, 2012 at 11:10am. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by ruinnatn View Post
    AMEN!! I hope they put a negative spot where we can put castle Grayskullman! That would be awesome. I'm also looking forward to the Windraider "arm" to make it look like its flying around Grayskull. Come on December '13!! Hahaha.

It sounds like the Wind Raider will have a spot to "park" inside the castle, not hovering around it. Although you are correct that such a thing would be amazing. I think it would be nice to have some spots for future, potential vehicles like flights stands for the Sky Sled. Or, how about flight stands for the flying characters like Stratos or just Zoar?

I think that Scott had something like that for Buzz Off with a flight stand over the foam mock-up of Castle Grayskull. Maybe he was hinting at it?
    "Everything comes to he who waits."