Page 120 of 186 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Looking for an outsiders opinion I showed the castle to my friend. He had all the stuff when he was a kid and loved it but never got into classics....though he likes admiring my collection. The first thing he said is cool sculpt but that's too small for those guys. Then he asked the price. I told him $300 and he said "dude are you nuts?! For $300 we can build one that we can fit in!" Castle is beautiful.....but for the price it needs a few inches added.

BTW...love that cottage...lol. Great Pics!

Quote Originally Posted by batz75 View Post
    Cheaper alternative to "not so Classic Castle Grayskull". Mrs. Goodbee's cottage, perfectly in scale with MOTUC(as far as mattel is concerned
    nice pics!
    Actually the overall size and the inside looks a lot like the CG that was shown...looks very similar to me.

Quote Originally Posted by batz75 View Post
    Cheaper alternative to "not so Classic Castle Grayskull". Mrs. Goodbee's cottage, perfectly in scale with MOTUC(as far as mattel is concerned)
    Thanks for the morning-smiles.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Gama View Post
    I wonder the same thing

My enthusiasm for the castle is diminishing by the day, it was our best shot at the "perfect" CG and it came out with so many flaws, and so many questions why?, at least for me.

I just can't wrap around this specific design choice: What was the point of elevating the door entrance and the whole first level on the interior? Does anybody know? Was it for aesthetics reasons? If both of them were flush to the floor it would be a WORLD of difference making much needed room for the outside (door entrance) and inside (EVERY level).
    This is pretty much how I feel. When CG was first put up for pre-order with the B-Sheet and the accompanying videos I was very excited and my enthusiasm for MOTUC, which had been waning at that point, was revived. Since the actual reveal however, I've gone from disappointed, to mad, to outright not caring anymore. We were told time and time again that we'd get nothing less than what was on the specs for $250. Now, not only are we not getting that, its significantly smaller and we might not even get the accessories that have already been shown.

Figures can't fit through the door. The drawbridge is another broken piece waiting to happen the way its elevated. The elevated first floors make it so the figures are almost hitting their head on the ceiling. The Wind Raider floor piece is worthless. The interior walls are going to be the reverse side of the exterior, which they even said on a RGD that they wouldn't do that.

Basically, its a great outside sculpt, but nothing more. Certainly not worth $300 after taxes and shipping. Once again they pull the 'ole bait and switch. How anyone can look at what was presented and compare that to what we were promised and not be upset, or in the least be underwhelmed, is mind boggling.

I'll wait until SDCC to make my final judgement, but if there aren't major improvements, I'll cancel my orders - and won't sub for 2014 either.

Well, I think the size is okay. Not great, but okay. What really gets me is the totally asymmetrical skull. From an angle it looks fine, but when looking directly at it, I think its horrible.. I hop this is something that can/will be fixed...

cgs1.jpg
    Justice, Truth, Honor and Loyalty!

Visit my website for handmade Scenery, Statues & More! CUSTOMSCENERY.NL

Quote Originally Posted by ThunDerian View Post
    Well, I think the size is okay. Not great, but okay. What really gets me is the totally asymmetrical skull. From an angle it looks fine, but when looking directly at it, I think its horrible.. I hop this is something that can/will be fixed...

cgs1.jpg
    That's a homage to the original castle which had very uneven features.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    That's a homage to the original castle which had very uneven features.
    To make it pop, right? Well, it's a homage I could live without cause it looks aweful IMHO...

To make it pop, right? Well, it's a homage I could live without cause it looks aweful IMHO...

Something tells me you never took a good look at the classic castle before.

Something tells me you never took a good look at the classic castle before.
    Well, than you'd be wrong If the new castle was a 1:1 recreation of the vintage castle I could understand/appreciate it, but it's not. This is just ugly.

The blueprint looked better, no?

cgs2.jpg
    Last edited by ThunDerian; February 18, 2013 at 04:18am.

Well, than you'd be wrong If the new castle was a 1:1 recreation of the vintage castle I could understand/appreciate it, but it's not. This is just ugly.

The blueprint looked better, no?

cgs2.jpg
    It's not an exact recreation of any one representation obviously. It's very much it's own unique sculpt. Ain't exactly supposed to be pretty, but what are you going to do? Nobody else is going to do this castle with the kind of distribution MOTUC offers.

And no, the blueprint skull doesn't look as good as the proto imo.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Looking for an outsiders opinion I showed the castle to my friend. He had all the stuff when he was a kid and loved it but never got into classics....though he likes admiring my collection. The first thing he said is cool sculpt but that's too small for those guys. Then he asked the price. I told him $300 and he said "dude are you nuts?! For $300 we can build one that we can fit in!" Castle is beautiful.....but for the price it needs a few inches added.

BTW...love that cottage...lol. Great Pics!
    The problem with Mattel is, that they always see their adult collector products from a toy perspective, not from a adult collector point of view.

How many customers still use the play features on the Wind Raider? There are some for sure, but how many of all the thousands of adult collectors? Same with this castle. I think most of us simply display their stuff.

Instead of giving us something big to display, they make a whole playset, which is too small, instead of creating a big castle which looks in scale with the figures and being a true statement from Mattel.

It's not an exact recreation of any one representation obviously. It's very much it's own unique sculpt. Ain't exactly supposed to be pretty, but what are you going to do? Nobody else is going to do this castle with the kind of distribution MOTUC offers.
    Well, I'd rather have no castle than an ugly one...

And no, the blueprint skull doesn't look as good as the proto imo.
    I didnt mean the design, I meant the symmetry.. But hey, lets just agree to disagree

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    The problem with Mattel is, that they always see their adult collector products from a toy perspective, not from a adult collector point of view.

How many customers still use the play features on the Wind Raider? There are some for sure, but how many of all the thousands of adult collectors? Same with this castle. I think most of us simply display their stuff.

Instead of giving us something big to display, they make a whole playset, which is too small, instead of creating a big castle which looks in scale with the figures and being a true statement from Mattel.
    Well said....I'd rather get a big, in scale with figures, and well sculpted collector Castle to display over a playset.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gama View Post
    I just can't wrap around this specific design choice: What was the point of elevating the door entrance and the whole first level on the interior? Does anybody know? Was it for aesthetics reasons? If both of them were flush to the floor it would be a WORLD of difference making much needed room for the outside (door entrance) and inside (EVERY level).
    It was to make it POP!
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Everyone, please keep the topic on the toys and don't make it personal.

As a reminder, from the rules you agree to abide by when you join the forum:
    Respect and do not harass other forums, companies, creators, and especially your fellow Org members.
    This includes, but is not limited to, insults, character attacks, derogatory and defamatory comments, and unwanted or unwarranted ridicule. We want to keep He-Man.org a community where people can come and be free from the harassment and trolling that is found elsewhere.
    Thank you.

cgs1.jpg
    See, for me, I'm so glad it's asymmetrical! That's part of what is awesome about the old castle and the proto. It's a rough-hewn place of mystery, not an architecture project.

I'm so happy they didn't go with the sharply defined look of the Icon Heroes statue. I like that piece and will still be getting it, but this is more Grayskull to me.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    It makes sense that it's assymetrical... over 5000 years old, has been attacked countless times and the types of stone in its make-up aren't symmetrical, themselves. With Procrustus holding the planet together, there has to be some Eterniaquakes happening to shift things around, too.

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post

I totally agree with you. I pose them once, then display them like statues. I would love a massive diorama to display with.

Heroic Warrior
    You could get this one ( see signature ),
    Shameless plug over, " I thank you !

I really like this version of Castle Grayskull. Everything I wanted from the original, except the lack of Weapon's Rack (which we already have), but it got rid of some of the features I didn't like from the 200X line (like the non-removable sword). Then all of the extra stuff: extra entrances, updated graphics, 3D suit, and then an EXTRA freaking level for displaying figs.

I freaking love this playset.
    Back, even if it's just for a short while.

Heroic Warrior
    I love the sculpt and glad were getting it. I do agree with some of the complaints about it being a tad smaller. Personally i can do without the trap door, elevator, wind raider base, even the robot! I'd rather have seen them focus on scale and interior details one the walls, a stone stair case that goes from the where the throne is and curves down to the main floor.

that wind raider base has to have been an idea from upper management, i can't see the 4HM and TG thinking that adult collectors would love this idea, i mean this is an adult collectors line right? sure some of us buy for our kids, but that base is wasted resources in my opinion. I wish TG would've set a poll for things that we as fans wanted to see and didn't want to see.

is this a deal breaker for me, no, i'll just toss that piece out!!!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Its asymmetrical cause its a skull from an ugly giant, and its old, realllyyyyyyyyy old!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    You could get this one ( see signature ),
    Shameless plug over, " I thank you !
    That thing is epic!
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    Cheers mate

I think in going to cancel my pre order for sure at this point and get zombihamma's. it's what I've always wanted, not a playset.

I like the idea of paying $300 for this less and less everyday.

Ok, the castle ist smaller than what was promised to us trough scotts video. Now we should all cancel it, maybe they will change sth.
    Guys, its THE CASTLE! They should do it right from the inside, outside and size. No hollow out stuff
    action features for action figures!