Page 132 of 186 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I said this earlier in the thread I believe, but imagine dropping figures down onto the sculpted and painted grate only to have parts chip off and the paint scratched. People would be none too happy.
    This is why I laugh when people complain about where the trap door is located. Will anyone really be dropping there now almost $40 figures onto there $300 Castle interior?! These really aren't children's toys that are meant to be played with...

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Looks like the final model might have the drawbridge be completely removable so that should help alleviate some headroom in the doorway. Not ideal, but a way to work around this issue.

The only way something is going to change though is if enough people cancel their preorders - otherwise the castle is done and getting ready for production.

Personally, I'm going to keep my preorder. This toyline has been amazing and a few problems aren't going to stop my support. Would I have designed it differently? Of course. Did Mattel hire me? No.

I'll support the people and thank them for creating a toyline that is truly not like any other we have ever seen.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Hmmmm, this video didnt help things any I'm starting to see why people are not happy with the size now. I may need to rethink cancelling my order now too--Motuc Grayskull is not much bigger than the Vintage With all of the goodness coming out this year other than Grayskull (Metroplex--Masterpiece Soundwave) --I can use the money I saved on this to get those figures instead.
    Last edited by He-Kal; February 26, 2013 at 03:24pm.

Quote Originally Posted by swind15 View Post
    This is why I laugh when people complain about where the trap door is located. Will anyone really be dropping there now almost $40 figures onto there $300 Castle interior?! These really aren't children's toys that are meant to be played with...
    Then, why did they even put a trap door in at all? It's all about principle and common sense. As a display piece, you would like everything to make sense. That is why the windraider stand inside the castle is under scrutiny.

A "trap" door is supposed to trap whomever it is supposed to be used against. Why wouldn't they be "trapped" in a dungeon rather than dropped off at the entrance so they can escape? And no, it's not meant to be played with.....so if anyone does drop their figure on a painted sculpt and chip off paint, then that's their own fault. Most people should be responsible enough to handle a $300 object with care.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Quote Originally Posted by Scud View Post
    Your mom also bought something marginally the same size for $30 as opposed to $250 + shipping. Even inflation isn't going to cover that distance in price. This castle is gorgeous looking but is not in any way worth $250, take $100 off and it is. We already do give Mattel money every year blindly to send us figures we are locked into, one castle that is roughly half the price of your entire year of figures. Fans are making a sizable investment in this thing and should be kept in the loop, not just shipped something blindly.

Saying it's on us is absurd, we already blindly bought into something that for $250 they could have easily kept those couple of inches that would have given the figures headspace. It's not on us that they decided, like always, that they could eek out some more savings by cutting things like size. At least they kind of recognized it and let people opt-out. But I never wanted to opt-out, I just wanted the castle they showed originally.
    My point isn't the money. My point is that most of us have bought vehicles, playsets, and figures blindly. I use the word blindly as in both we haven't had it "in hand" and sight unseen. We just throw down the money in hopes that what we get is going to be awesome. My real point is that these things are toys. Given to us by a company who sells toys for a profit. Why people are shocked that they are trying to save money is beyond naive. Like I said before... Mattel's biggest mistake is giving us too much information. If they never showed that stupid mock-up and just showed us a final product this whole size arguement wouldn't have been blown so out of control.

You wanted a Castle Grayskull. And this is what they gave you. Be happy they don't cancel all Pre-Orders and say we are scrapping the project. As bad as that sounds it is not aimed as a negative comment.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jobber View Post
    My point isn't the money. My point is that most of us have bought vehicles, playsets, and figures blindly. I use the word blindly as in both we haven't had it "in hand" and sight unseen. We just throw down the money in hopes that what we get is going to be awesome. My real point is that these things are toys. Given to us by a company who sells toys for a profit. Why people are shocked that they are trying to save money is beyond naive. Like I said before... Mattel's biggest mistake is giving us too much information. If they never showed that stupid mock-up and just showed us a final product this whole size arguement wouldn't have been blown so out of control.

You wanted a Castle Grayskull. And this is what they gave you. Be happy they don't cancel all Pre-Orders and say we are scrapping the project. As bad as that sounds it is not aimed as a negative comment.
    what you said is not exact
    even without any pics or toyguru promess we still would have been disapointed but the fact we cannot have a he-man riding his battlecat entering into the castle.
    If you are ok to pay $300 for a dispointing item, it is your right, but that s not what the most of us are thinking.

On the thread in Motuc polls done by Joeycruel about the entrance of the castle grayskull, there are 75% of us not happy by the size of this entrance.
    So if you are in the 25% you cannot speak for the others way more than the ones like you satisfied with that
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

>>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If you don't care about things like the doorway being large enough for the figures, why not just buy the vintage castle? It'll run you less than $250.

Quote Originally Posted by Jobber View Post

Its simply a matter of percieved value, I'm not shocked Mattel is trying to save money in the least. They've been doing it since forever. I personally did not believe the castle was worth $250 even at the original size but at least it had some headroom for the figures. It doesn't anymore so that's one more factor in determining if I cancel.

And no I didn't actual want a Castle, they offered one and I said, "eh its pricey but would be cool for the collection." No problem if they decide to scrap it. I'm all good either way.
    Preternia - Cy-Chop Central!

Quote Originally Posted by Heli88 View Post
    If you don't care about things like the doorway being large enough for the figures, why not just buy the vintage castle? It'll run you less than $250.
    B/c the sculpt isn't as detailed, it has cardboard cutouts rather than sculpted pieces, poorly detailed and blandly painted accessories, tiny weapons, two floors, less accessories, no dungeon walls, no secret entrance, no ledge, and it's much smaller (despite what people claim...).
    NOT a knock on the vintage castle btw, it's one of the most iconic toys ever made. But I'm truly baffled as to how anyone thinks the size of this jawbridge is so important that this castle somehow becomes not much better than the vintage castle.

As for perceived value, yes I would easily spend $250 for a Castle Grayskull. I love MOTU and MOTUC. The last comment was directed at pretty much everyone, not one person. But come on... who didn't want a Castle Grayskull?

I understand people had high expectations for this project, but the reality is... this is the hand we were dealt. Either fold or play it out.

I think you are missing my point Boba Fett Ox. I realize people are upset over size and price. But Mattel has to make their money somehow.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

Why does Scott refer to MOTUC as 6" scale?? They are not. And while this castle may work for 6" scale, it isn't big enough for 7" MOTUC. Scott even measures the front door as 7"!!

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by I, Harbinger View Post
    Why does Scott refer to MOTUC as 6" scale?? They are not. And while this castle may work for 6" scale, it isn't big enough for 7" MOTUC. Scott even measures the front door as 7"!!
    That bugs me as well, Most of the figures dwarf other 6 inch scale figures.. They are way closer to 7 inch.

Toy Guru should be getting better at these Matty collector videos or have a really hot babe (man or female babe) do them excitedly.
    We need some excitement! Its the gawd darn castle Grayskull and he is powering through the video way too quickly. Also he should own up to it being smaller than he boosted its not a problem that the foam model was off by a couple inches. He just needs to clear it up. Tell us that He-man will have to crouch to get in. Its not the end of MOTU if the figures cannot get in through the door.
    That Castle of Power looks awesome too though. I am sure that conflicting allot of second thoughts. So far I am still in. I trust that Mattel and Scott will deliver us a awesome toy for christmas.
    What I should be doing is saving this years MOTUC figures in lou of the Castle so I can open them all together.

Any clue as to when I can cancel my preorder? Not sure if this has been answered yet.
    Sell me your Unnamed One, keep Son of He-Man going I need a Dare/Hero II now.

I don't think they should have ever taken orders on the blueprints
    They should have waited till they had the (Toy Fair) prototype and just showed it with the figures
    Saturday Morning ToyZ at Facebook, Flickr and Blogspot!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlaird View Post
    They should have waited till they had the (Toy Fair) prototype and just showed it with the figures
    This is exactly why I want to cancel. Had high hopes and personally it hasn't panned out for me. Glad for all those that can still be excited about this at this point.
    Sell me your Unnamed One, keep Son of He-Man going I need a Dare/Hero II now.

I still haven't ordered it as I am so on the fence. For the money is costs (especially with shipping to the UK) it just doesn't seem that much bigger than the previous two. I also seem to be in the minority of people who really like the 200X castle. I liked that it was different inside and not just a slightly larger version of the one I already had.
    It really bothers me how small the entrance is. The height of the rest of the castle I can deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlaird View Post
    Well, In hindsight, I'm glad that it happened the way that it did (orders based on blueprints). BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN GREENLIT FOR PRODUCTION! Anyone too disappointed can cancel their orders so there should be no hard feelings for them regarding commitment to pay. And of course, people have every right to be bummed about it being smaller than they were hoping and not getting the castle of their dreams.

Hopefully they do fix some things by SDCC. Even if that latest video by Toyguru dashes some hope.

I'll be keeping my order regardless. I like it overall.

Looks like there won't be any changes to the entrance way .Also looks like they are committed to the final paint on the castle.This is our castle take it or leave it apparently.I guess us fans have to come to the realization whether It's the figures or castle,they get the final say.On a side note I hope the box art turns out incredible.This might be the deciding factor for me personally.The digital motuc Wind Raider art was a disappointment.

It was said before from one of my friends, they never should've posted the actual inches.
    The foam core mockup, as fun as it was, I think was just too misleading because of the way it was put together.

I don't think that would've cured everyone that wants it bigger, but it would've been a safer delivery of the information.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. *shrugs*
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    On a side note I hope the box art turns out incredible.This might be the deciding factor for me personally.The digital motuc Wind Raider art was a disappointment.
    I do believe that Rudy Obrero only does digital art nowadays so you may be disappointed. I bought some prints from him of his early MOTU artwork (Battle Ram, Battle Cat, Wind Raider) and I LOVE them. I also didn't get the same satisfaction from the latest digital Wind Raider work. It was good, but nothing beats paint and brush for me.

Derek Riggs (famous for Iron Maiden covers) is the same way. I could stare at his old works for hours, but his latest digital stuff leaves me cold.

Oh well. Technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    It was said before from one of my friends, they never should've posted the actual inches.
    The foam core mockup, as fun as it was, I think was just too misleading because of the way it was put together.

I don't think that would've cured everyone that wants it bigger, but it would've been a safer delivery of the information.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. *shrugs*
    Second that!

~ Me ~

I respect the naysayers, but see no reason to cancel my order even given the latest updates. So much was bound to change from the initial introduction of the concept at PowerCon, to the proposal B sheets, and even to the eventual finished off the assembly line product, and my expectations were always in line with this vetting process. It's perhaps redundant to say what is already evident by reading through this thread, but sometimes fans expectations are outrageously out of alignment with reality.

It still serves the purpose for which I intend to use it- as a great display piece. Any fan who clings to the idea that they plan to do anything more than, 1) pull it from the box to admire it, 2) pose a few figures around it to ensure all of the moving parts function, 3) quietly stash it in a corner of the room with a few figures placed strategically around it... is most likely being too ambitious. It was never intended for full-on play and that certainly isn't how I plan to use it- much too expensive for that. So if I don't plan to play with it/on it, then worries about it not being a proper scale (close enough IMHO) quickly dissipate. But as with all things... your mileage may vary.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Excellent point of view there Stygian360.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    I respect the naysayers, but see no reason to cancel my order even given the latest updates. So much was bound to change from the initial introduction of the concept at PowerCon, to the proposal B sheets, and even to the eventual finished off the assembly line product, and my expectations were always in line with this vetting process. It's perhaps redundant to say what is already evident by reading through this thread, but sometimes fans expectations are outrageously out of alignment with reality.

It still serves the purpose for which I intend to use it- as a great display piece. Any fan who clings to the idea that they plan to do anything more than, 1) pull it from the box to admire it, 2) pose a few figures around it to ensure all of the moving parts function, 3) quietly stash it in a corner of the room with a few figures placed strategically around it... is most likely being too ambitious. It was never intended for full-on play and that certainly isn't how I plan to use it- much too expensive for that. So if I don't plan to play with it/on it, then worries about it not being a proper scale (close enough IMHO) quickly dissipate. But as with all things... your mileage may vary.
    That's the thing for me, though. All it would be is a display piece for me. The inside part of the castle would probably never get messed with or even be displayed to be able to see it. So, I could care less what they add to the interior. What would be displayed, however, is the front of the castle with He-Man standing in front of the castle door that is almost the same height as him. It's like he's knocking on the front door of your own home. I don't think anybody wants anything massive, but what people are clamoring for is for an entrance door that the He-Man figure would have to glance up a bit to see the top of the door. It's a castle......They are meant to be enormous.

With the front being my reason for display, the small door is the difference between $300 and $0 for Mattel. I'm sorry, if it's not done right for the money that I'm spending, then I don't want it at all. I've shown non-collectors the pictures and they all thought the entrance should be bigger, and that was without me giving them any of my input, beforehand.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210