Page 135 of 186 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,375 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    The rest doesn't fill me with any joy.
    I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlaird View Post
    Nobody cares that the trap door doesn't drop into the dungeon?!?!
    That seems like the biggest craziness of the entire situation
    I figured that would be their answer. :/
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Decideing factor for me would be the the jawbridge. fix that issue and im good as for being bait and switched im still angry over that. I have stoped actively collecting this line, saddly it seems they are only addressing our major concern, and not much else.what could have been Awesome, is now lackluster and not giveing us Awesome will allways be remembered.

Personaly I will not trust Matell with another playset. it seems to me that the mentality on this is that its only a toy made for kids, over grown kids. give them second rate, they wont mind. we do is CASTLE GRAYSKULL a toy depends on who you ask. I would say no because one day A real one will be made perhaps a real HE man will be born as well, of a sort.

who knows, but the thought im trying to convey is He man and MOTU concept is fantastic. and all of us as big fans don't like to see it wattered down. in fact I will be dissapointed if they don't acknowlege it was a misstake. short changeing us and not giveing us what was originaly promissed. im sure the new Grayskull, would have sold very healthy and made up for any out of pocket costs.

the old ways of doing bizzness, are gone try thinking outside the box. or keep makeing misstakes, what difference dose it make.I think the problem is they have no competition. is every one afraid of copyright laws. whats to stop someone from makeing a skull faced Castle thats awesome with just a few changes on it like horns or something would be up my alley would there be copyright infringement for something made only similar.

it seem like they are allmost beggin us to do that. some of the videos showing us the castle being sculpted, and thats how you make a castle statements.let me tell you if I had the money I would make something similar as to not violate any copyrights that would blow what they have shown us thus far out of the watter.

even if by law I would have to keep it as a unique piece of art and of course not produce more then one.because surely Matell would be upset.all of that being said I supose if enuff inprovements are made to the final product we get all will be forgiven.I hold my breath as I reluctently hold on to my one club Eternia sub.

but since stoped collecting them on ebay.
    Last edited by braxsis364; February 27, 2013 at 10:43am. Reason: mispelled

I am very happy that scott went through all the issues even though I do not like all the answers.

If they can change the door way to give more heardroom and stop the jaw bridge looking like a diving baord i will be happy.

the castle will not be my dream castle without any interior wall modeling but i can manage with this. i have to say i expected this to be an obviously costed in thing to have.

it is far from perfect and i do not like the idea or the windraider garage floor and stand but never mind. i will be happy enough but defo not worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    But isnt' the Nickelodeon Sewer Playset in Retail?
    It's a whole different ball-game to compare toys sold in retail than through an online-store via pre-order...
    That's definitely a big component. It's not accurate to compare the MOTUC Castle Grayskull to the TMNT Secret Sewer Lair. TMNT is selling VERY strong at retail. Meanwhile, MOTUC is a niche line sold online with very little outside entertainment support.

That is in no way a pass for any criticisms you all have. I too would like the jawbridge to lower more and give some more entrance way clearance. But MOTUC's price points cannot compare with an IP that is currently more popular like TMNT or with an IP that is consistently more popular like Star Wars.

This line is self-sustaining. Scott works on MOTUC a lot in his spare time, believe it or not, in order to help keep the line going. The 4H constantly put a lot of extra love and man/woman-hours into the line to make it look the best it can. And our passion and continued financial support as dedicated fans and collectors of MOTU and POP, despite frustrations with DR, QC, etc, continues to keep this line going in an age where many toy lines would have died off by now.

I think it's also a bit telling that no film company or studio has been chomping at the bit to do MOTU or invest the time and money into it. Transformers raked in the dough in 2007 and has had three films. But, no one has rolled out the red carpet for a MOTU film in almost six years since. Still, I have hope! It can still happen given the right timing with the right set of circumstances. *crosses fingers*

My biggest issue is the jawbridge height. If this can be fixed (and I don't see why this can't be solved easily), I'll be more than happy. Everything else, to me, is a minor niggle.

To summarize the Q&A: NOPE!

lol
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Thanks to Scott and Val for doing this Q&A. Honest answers always appreciated. I look forward how the finished Castle will look like.
    Lowering the jawbridge into the base might be a good idea. But this also means that they would have to resculpt the jawbridge because it has to reach the bottom of the skull, right? I am not sure they have the budget to go back to sculpting.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    Scott is not God you know. Unfortunately, he doesn't have any power on the rising price of plastic or the salaries of chinese workers.

We can't blame that one guy for every hurdle. It's not really fair.
    He does have the power over what he promises, and that's the big problem I have here. There were a lot of hemming an hawing and saying we can't guarantee everything this way or that way, but when folks originally pre-ordered based on the b-sheet, we were told flat out that what was there would be in the castle in some form, that and no less. If things that are on the b-sheet are removed, then they are going back on their word. This, I believe, is the only reason that they are offering the chance to cancel the order, because otherwise they would be facing a legal problem. If they promised something in writing, got paid for it, and then did not deliver what they promised without any recourse for the customer, they would be breaking the law.

If they do indeed go back on their written guarantees concerning the castle, they will be doing not just immense harm to this line and to whatever tatters are left of TG's credibility, but to whatever future Mattycollector may have left. This will likely be the last time anyone will pre-order a high ticket item sight unseen. They've already been raked over the coals for the hoverboard, and now we may have a second case where a pricey pre-order winds up falling short of their promises. Mattel needs to learn someday that credibility is not just a nice concept, it is something that has a direct effect on your business and your bottom line. Mattel is the company that cries wolf and then gets caught time after time not honoring their agreements with their customers, be it this, combined shipping, or any of the other numerous instances where promises were made in writing and not kept. And I believe that is a significant part of the decline in the line's sales (along with the problems with DR they've been "working on" since the site opened). you can't keep telling folks one thing and then doing another without driving a lot of them off.

If you make a promise, you keep it. If you aren't 100% sure you can keep it, don't make it. That's not just the right thing to do, it's good business.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

If Mattel wants to bring MotU back into the limelight...here is a roadmap to success.

1. New cartoon based on "childish/cartoony" versions of the characters. 200x's anime style was too "serious" for younger kids that you want to "plant the seed" into. Look towards the "Teen Titans" style. Not necessarily "kid-versions" of the characters, but more "fun/cartoony" versions.

2. New toyline based on that style. Remember, younger kids have smaller hands. Make them short and bulky so little hands can manipulate them. Each toy should have its own action feature. Release a main playset "Castle Grayskull" that comes with an exclusive figure. This playset should allow for add-ons. (Maybe places to hold vehicles). Also sell certain figures with vehicles only. (Man-At-Arms comes with the Attak Trak only). Individual figures should come with a digital code to unlock online features (maybe a digital comic of that figure's backstory)..and maybe allow the figures to interact with the computer virtually.

3. Movie...huge blockbuster movie. Just like Transformers. Make it big. Whether you love or hate the Michael Bay movies, you can't deny that they really put Transformers on a level that they haven't seen since the 80's.

4. Movie-line. By this time, the younger kids you've grabbed with the "cartoony versions" will be ready for the "big boy toys" and then you can release all over again.

5. Epic video game. Open world, multiple character storylines, and a create your own character to go on these quests. Online play could be great with this line.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    If Mattel wants to bring MotU back into the limelight...here is a roadmap to success.

1. New cartoon based on "childish/cartoony" versions of the characters. 200x's anime style was too "serious" for younger kids that you want to "plant the seed" into. Look towards the "Teen Titans" style. Not necessarily "kid-versions" of the characters, but more "fun/cartoony" versions.

2. New toyline based on that style. Remember, younger kids have smaller hands. Make them short and bulky so little hands can manipulate them. Each toy should have its own action feature. Release a main playset "Castle Grayskull" that comes with an exclusive figure. This playset should allow for add-ons. (Maybe places to hold vehicles). Also sell certain figures with vehicles only. (Man-At-Arms comes with the Attak Trak only). Individual figures should come with a digital code to unlock online features (maybe a digital comic of that figure's backstory)..and maybe allow the figures to interact with the computer virtually.

3. Movie...huge blockbuster movie. Just like Transformers. Make it big. Whether you love or hate the Michael Bay movies, you can't deny that they really put Transformers on a level that they haven't seen since the 80's.

4. Movie-line. By this time, the younger kids you've grabbed with the "cartoony versions" will be ready for the "big boy toys" and then you can release all over again.

5. Epic video game. Open world, multiple character storylines, and a create your own character to go on these quests. Online play could be great with this line.

1. cartoon yes, but not the way you described it.

2. no

3. yes

4. no

5. no

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    He does have the power over what he promises, and that's the big problem I have here. There were a lot of hemming an hawing and saying we can't guarantee everything this way or that way, but when folks originally pre-ordered based on the b-sheet, we were told flat out that what was there would be in the castle in some form, that and no less. If things that are on the b-sheet are removed, then they are going back on their word. This, I believe, is the only reason that they are offering the chance to cancel the order, because otherwise they would be facing a legal problem. If they promised something in writing, got paid for it, and then did not deliver what they promised without any recourse for the customer, they would be breaking the law.

If they do indeed go back on their written guarantees concerning the castle, they will be doing not just immense harm to this line and to whatever tatters are left of TG's credibility, but to whatever future Mattycollector may have left. This will likely be the last time anyone will pre-order a high ticket item sight unseen. They've already been raked over the coals for the hoverboard, and now we may have a second case where a pricey pre-order winds up falling short of their promises. Mattel needs to learn someday that credibility is not just a nice concept, it is something that has a direct effect on your business and your bottom line. Mattel is the company that cries wolf and then gets caught time after time not honoring their agreements with their customers, be it this, combined shipping, or any of the other numerous instances where promises were made in writing and not kept. And I believe that is a significant part of the decline in the line's sales (along with the problems with DR they've been "working on" since the site opened). you can't keep telling folks one thing and then doing another without driving a lot of them off.

If you make a promise, you keep it. If you aren't 100% sure you can keep it, don't make it. That's not just the right thing to do, it's good business.

true!

I can't say I am disappointed in getting CG, quite the opposite, but I would be mad if the start to cut stuff.

As people said before, the price mark was raised from 200 $ to 250 $ to prevent stuff (acc.), paint apps, etc. from getting cut, now this. AWESOME TG!

The FH probably did their best within the time frame. TG said it took them 2 weeks to model it. If they would have worked on it for four weeks might have helped it! I am concerned how Mattel design is going to mess this one up. I am not very confident in their professionalism and capability of executing stuff the right way...look at poor Stinkor or the drums of the Sorceress.

Getting the negative of the outside facade as inside walls will hopefully look better than it sounds. Hopefully they do not do it with this skull or if they do it, which they probably will, they hopefully cover it up with something. 1st floor is really too low in the prototype. Not too happy with it for 250 + shipping.

The small entrance height was the deal-breaker for me, which is why I cancelled my order. I am glad that Scott said they are looking into cutting into the base to lower the jawbridge hinge thus increasing the height. That would be awesome, but I would not regret cancelling my order. If I ever make big money I'll try to buy one on the 2nd hand market, so no biggie.

I love the sculpt. I love that there will be wall-hangings like shields and banners. I love the dungeon. I would have preferred a throne that looked more like the original toy version, but no biggie. I could care less about the Sorceress sitting there, though. All in all, I am happy with the castle. And I am grateful for Scott to do his best to make the fans happy.

BTW: I wonder if turning the throne will still activate the trapdoor. I forgot to ask that.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by Xetheus View Post
    1. cartoon yes, but not the way you described it.

2. no

3. yes

4. no

5. no
    Please don't be close-minded. Push the nostalgia aside...times are changing as well as children.
    To relaunch an entire franchise, you need to start young. Beast Man, Trap Jaw, and Skeletor are too scary for the little ones. Look at what is selling these days. The Funko and Vinyl things are all "bubbly" and "cute." McFarlane toys with their detail and scary figures aren't what kids are wanting. A cartoon based on a "lighter, more fun" style...almost "Disney-fied" would be needed.

With any movie, the marketing machine will want to pump out merchandise. A new retail line based on the looks of the characters in the movie are inevitable and are what "new" fans will flock to because that's what they will be introduced to. Taking the older crowd out of the equation, if the kids had to choose between Movie Optimus Prime or G1 Optimus Prime, I would bet that most kids would go for the movie version because that's what they were introduced to the line with.

Why no video game? What in the world would that hurt?

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by karg182 View Post
    The conspiracy theorist in me is saying that they want people to cancel pre-orders at the $250 price point, show the final piece at SDCC with some fan demanded changes and with a slew of accessories and make those who cancelled buy the castle at the higher price point.
    I don't know about conspiracy theories, but if there have already been handful of cancelations based on the worry alone that things won't get better, then what will the final reveal that things DIDN'T get better do to cancelations?

Things could get ugly . . .

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    I don't know about conspiracy theories, but if there have already been handful of cancelations based on the worry alone that things won't get better, then what will the final reveal that things DIDN'T get better do to cancelations?

I doubt it. People were screaming bloody murder about the Hoverboard, and it did just fine.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

What other toyline has released a playset of this magnitude outside of retail that you can compare this price too? Yes, $300 is a lot for a chunk of plastic, but the demand for this playset is among an adult collector audience compared to a retail setting. To turn a profit for making this playset the few people who are going to buy it have to pay a hefty fee for it.

Mattel is a company - their job is to turn the most profit and make their shareholders happy. With a small fan base that buys these items we end up paying more to make these profits happen.

To compare this to a retail price - a nice plastic doll house runs about $150 in the retail market. Castle Grayskull is about $100 more than that. A standard action figure that is in scale to MOTUC is about $15 or more retail. MOTUC runs about $30. Based on the size of the market buying MOTUC items the Castle Grayskull mark up seems about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    Just look around you and see how many high end toys and/or tech products you can get for $300? We're getting a plastic shell shaped like a castle with a skull in the middle of it's facade, with some added accessories! Don't make it sound like we're that lucky to get it! If Mattel isn't making a decent profit from it, it won't make it, period... They aren't doing it as a favor you know!
    I could understand their logic if it was scheduled under $100, but for $300, people have the right to complain if it doesn't meet their expectations.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Heroic Warrior
    Just look around you and see how many high end toys and/or tech products you can get for $300? We're getting a plastic shell shaped like a castle with a skull in the middle of it's facade, with some added accessories! Don't make it sound like we're that lucky to get it! If Mattel isn't making a decent profit from it, it won't make it, period... They aren't doing it as a favor you know!
    I could understand their logic if it was scheduled under $100, but for $300, people have the right to complain if it doesn't meet their expectations.
    By that same token, people need to stop acting like Mattel owes THEM anything. I've yet to meet someone who bought something they didn't want as a personal favor to Mattel. If someone doesn't like the final Castle we see at SDCC, by all means, cancel your preorder. There's nothing to get mad about though (I'm not directing this at you).
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by braxsis364 View Post
    Decideing factor for me would be the the jawbridge. fix that issue and im good as for being bait and switched im still angry over that. I have stoped actively collecting this line, saddly it seems they are only addressing our major concern, and not much else.what could have been Awesome, is now lackluster and not giveing us Awesome will allways be remembered.

Personaly I will not trust Matell with another playset. it seems to me that the mentality on this is that its only a toy made for kids, over grown kids. give them second rate, they wont mind. we do is CASTLE GRAYSKULL a toy depends on who you ask. I would say no because one day A real one will be made perhaps a real HE man will be born as well, of a sort.

who knows, but the thought im trying to convey is He man and MOTU concept is fantastic. and all of us as big fans don't like to see it wattered down. in fact I will be dissapointed if they don't acknowlege it was a misstake. short changeing us and not giveing us what was originaly promissed. im sure the new Grayskull, would have sold very healthy and made up for any out of pocket costs.

the old ways of doing bizzness, are gone try thinking outside the box. or keep makeing misstakes, what difference dose it make.I think the problem is they have no competition. is every one afraid of copyright laws. whats to stop someone from makeing a skull faced Castle thats awesome with just a few changes on it like horns or something would be up my alley would there be copyright infringement for something made only similar.

it seem like they are allmost beggin us to do that. some of the videos showing us the castle being sculpted, and thats how you make a castle statements.let me tell you if I had the money I would make something similar as to not violate any copyrights that would blow what they have shown us thus far out of the watter.

even if by law I would have to keep it as a unique piece of art and of course not produce more then one.because surely Matell would be upset.all of that being said I supose if enuff inprovements are made to the final product we get all will be forgiven.I hold my breath as I reluctently hold on to my one club Eternia sub.

but since stoped collecting them on ebay.
    Check out my signature

Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
    What other toyline has released a playset of this magnitude outside of retail that you can compare this price too? Yes, $300 is a lot for a chunk of plastic, but the demand for this playset is among an adult collector audience compared to a retail setting. To turn a profit for making this playset the few people who are going to buy it have to pay a hefty fee for it.

Mattel is a company - their job is to turn the most profit and make their shareholders happy. With a small fan base that buys these items we end up paying more to make these profits happen.

To compare this to a retail price - a nice plastic doll house runs about $150 in the retail market. Castle Grayskull is about $100 more than that. A standard action figure that is in scale to MOTUC is about $15 or more retail. MOTUC runs about $30. Based on the size of the market buying MOTUC items the Castle Grayskull mark up seems about right.

People always love to compare the price and value to retail as if Mattel is off the hook because it's not a retail item, but what about other high-end adult collectibles?

For example, Hot Toys produces adult collectibles that don't show up at retail. I paid $300 for their DX11 Batman, which is obviously a premium in the toy world compared to "retail" items.

But when I plunked down my $300 for that pre-order, they didn't make Batman a few inches shorter and they didn't start cutting accessories from the figure or threaten/warn about doing so. And if they had, you can bet the loyal Hot Toys community would've exploded.

I'm not trying to be crass here, I just don't really see why Matty should get a free pass in this situation as if not competing at retail is something exclusive to Mattel.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post

I think most fans will keep their pre-order regardless of their disappointment. It's still an awesome sculpt, if not the best three dimensionial rendition of the Castle Grayskull ever.

On the other hand, a lot of people ordered more than one castle (to display both sides at once, to resell and make a profit, etc...), and I wouldn't be surprised if those people started canceling their extras since the interior is hardly display worthy now and it's rather doubtful that CG is going to be highly sought after on the secondary market.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

I honestly don't think they'll cut any accessories.Lets also hope they address entrance size.Atleast we will get a grayskull robot.Headroom in castle doesn't bother me too much.Let's start to think more positive here.Let's be honest,we all want the perfect castle but that is unrealistic.

@ Balthus

Agreed.

I think most people, who better understand the costing issues of limited production & retail understand the difference in the pricing.

However, when you look at other online limited collector lines you see a VAST difference in the quality of the product. Or when you look at 3A...again people pay that preminum for a reasson. Not "just because it's limited". They pay it for the QUALITY and production of the item.

When the organization starts asking it's customers for their ideas & input...they are only shooting themselves in the foot. This is obviously going to lead to a feeling of resentment when the product shown does not meet the customer base expectations. In theroy the idea is....nobel...not very realistic.

I also agree with the statement..."if your not sure you can deliver on something...you don't say a word about it". One of the main functions of a Brand Manager is to manage customer expectations...not build it up and then say "oopps"...
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I think most fans will keep their pre-order regardless of their disappointment. It's still an awesome sculpt, if not the best three dimensionial rendition of the Castle Grayskull ever.

On the other hand, a lot of people ordered more than one castle (to display both sides at once, to resell and make a profit, etc...), and I wouldn't be surprised if those people started canceling their extras since the interior is hardly display worthy now and it's rather doubtful that CG is going to be highly sought after on the secondary market.
    Would be hard to do since you can't cancel part of an order. Cancel and re-order, and you end up paying more for the castles you keep.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    People always love to compare the price and value to retail as if Mattel is off the hook because it's not a retail item, but what about other high-end adult collectibles?

For example, Hot Toys produces adult collectibles that don't show up at retail. I paid $300 for their DX11 Batman, which is obviously a premium in the toy world compared to "retail" items.

But when I plunked down my $300 for that pre-order, they didn't make Batman a few inches shorter and they didn't start cutting accessories from the figure or threaten/warn about doing so. And if they had, you can bet the loyal Hot Toys community would've exploded.

I'm not trying to be crass here, I just don't really see why Matty should get a free pass in this situation as if not competing at retail is something exclusive to Mattel.
    I'm sure 1 figure is easier to do than an entire castle.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

I undersand your viewpoint, and trust me I'm not trying to say Mattel should get a free ride on making good products for the price.

Altough I don't really think these two items compare. Batman has a fanbase waaaaaaaaay larger than MOTU so it will sell more units regardless. The Batman is only about 12 inches tall also, but all the other cool features probably make him more expensive to create than Castle Grayskull.

Regardless Mattel is a very different company than Hot Toys. Mattel has shareholders to satisfy and other brands that bring in a ton more money than MOTUC. Hot Toys is a privately held company that would be more comparable if 4H sold the toys directly. Mattel has to make a larger profit off of their line to make it worth their time and energy otherwise they would just take the investment and put it towards a line that makes them way more profit like Monster High or Barbie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post

In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    I'm sure 1 figure is easier to do than an entire castle.
    lol wut?? Have you seen the company I'm talking about here? They make it look as though you shrunk the respective source material and put it on your own shelf. The fans are rabid for getting every last little detail correct on the product. I don't really think you can accurately say the Castle is "harder" because it's a bigger item...

Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
    I undersand your viewpoint, and trust me I'm not trying to say Mattel should get a free ride on making good products for the price.

Altough I don't really think these two items compare. Batman has a fanbase waaaaaaaaay larger than MOTU so it will sell more units regardless. The Batman is only about 12 inches tall also, but all the other cool features probably make him more expensive to create than Castle Grayskull.

Regardless Mattel is a very different company than Hot Toys. Mattel has shareholders to satisfy and other brands that bring in a ton more money than MOTUC. Hot Toys is a privately held company that would be more comparable if 4H sold the toys directly. Mattel has to make a larger profit off of their line to make it worth their time and energy otherwise they would just take the investment and put it towards a line that makes them way more profit like Monster High or Barbie.
    Batman might have a larger fanbase, but the fact is it's still a premium item. No matter how many Batman fans there are, how many are going to spend $300 on a toy? I don't really think the size of franchise comes into play here: they are both high-end collectibles marketed at a "small but vocal" community. They're not trying to sell Hot Toys at Toys R Us or anything, just like Mattel isn't trying to do so with Castle Grayskull.

My point is that I think that the argument that Castle Grayskull isn't a retail item and therefore should be exempt from certain criticisms is outrageous. I'm not aiming that at you specifically, either; I just think it's an unfair defense. No matter how you slice it, the MOTUC Castle Grayskull costs the same amount as a Hot Toys figure, and I'm saying I don't think you'd see a single collector jumping to Hot Toys's defense if they started cutting things or reducing scale on their pre-ordered items, even if they offered the opportunity to cancel. Because "CANCEL" isn't really the most desirable option for collectors, is it? The point is: we don't WANT to cancel. We want the product to be awesome and well worth the investment. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, personally.

And in regards to the Mattel being a "company" line, I understand that. Every company needs to make money. That doesn't mean it isn't stupid that Toy Guru came out of the gate saying how incredible it would be and how nothing would be cut and blah blah, and now many find it undersized in certain aspects and he's still talking about cutting additional accessories. That's just crap business practice if you ask me, or extremely poor planning.

I'm not saying I feel that CG was unfairly priced, just that I don't think it's worthy of the high price it demands especially when compared to other high-price collector oriented items that are out there. That's just my personal opinion.
    Last edited by Balthus Dire; February 27, 2013 at 01:19pm.

I liked the Q and A on this.
    Most answers were pretty much predicted, not a horrible thing. But I was surprised to hear that the shields and swords you hang are at your leisure! I think that's super cool!
    So instead of the Snake Warrior shield, I could put the Carnivus shield up! (Which seems more appropriate anyway with the central tower motif on it. )
    Regarding the cored out walls. I like 'em thicker like the proto, but I guess it's understandable why they'll thin 'em down. It may not look too bad in the end, as it will give a sort of rock texture... I'll judge it when I see it. It will feel more nostalgic in there with the interior walls that way.

Curious what they'll do with the jaw bridge... This does have great potential to bring back some of the "lost sales", and it's cool that they're addressing it. This also provides a possible opportunity to give that front base rock piece some more interesting rock formation/variation, which I think could be a good thing! As well as of course address the main issue for the adjustment. I have faith in the 4H, and in the design team that they'll do some good things there.

I'm also impressed he even answered some of the questions I felt were a little... Ummm... Daft? I'll refrain from pointing them out, but some of those questions? C'mon guys?!!

REALLY Stoked to hear the RGD on this one!!!
    Last edited by Baena; February 27, 2013 at 01:44pm.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog