Page 147 of 186 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MLHumble View Post
    This one will hold us off until December...
    With the way things are going, this castle will be better than the Matty one. You should open preorders

Seriously, if the trap door doesn't work, it will be a joke.

true all around. I am just torn between continuing on and letting it go. My thoughts were to hold off till SDCC. As to why now. Not sure. It just seems to be losing steam for me. Not as fun as it was.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Agreed. You can still cancel after it is shown at SDCC, so might as well wait to see what changes have been made.
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by lemure77 View Post
    true all around. I am just torn between continuing on and letting it go. My thoughts were to hold off till SDCC. As to why now. Not sure. It just seems to be losing steam for me. Not as fun as it was.
    I understand. I'm also on & off again about the castle. Waiting for the reveal at SDCC, but anticipating cancelling. I can't shell out $300.00 around Christmastime for a trimmed-down, chopped-up version of the original design. (And that ultra-thick gigantic base dwarfs the castle from the ground up! How did that make it past design!?) Anyway, enough of that. Waiting for the reveal. (See what I mean about on & off?)

I'm STILL all in on it! A Four Horsemen designed and sculpted Castle Grayskull…an easy purchase decision for me.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlaird View Post
    No, Then we just wont get anything

Like when we were scolded that Wind Raider didn't sell out fast enough and now when we ask about Battle Ram were told about Wind Raiders "poor sales"
    And so Matty can justify poor CG sales bc lack of interest/price point instead of the more substantial ......"size issues"
    And not produce more big ticket items
    Then so be it. If Mattel cannot do it right, I would rather have nothing at all then a subpar result like Grayskull. I wish we still had our "what if the 4H made Graskull". Now that we know, only some of us still like it.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by lemure77 View Post
    Same here... I was on the fence of ordering it, but the size issues ruined for me. I look at the pics since NYTF and I recognise that I don't really care anymore about it, it lost steam for me, too... I'm interested in the Battle Ram and the last figures. I really would want a Grayskull, which blowed us all away. The final result is far away from being the best MOTUC item to date.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I think it's best to hold out until SDCC before cancelling. You're not being charged and you can STILL cancel after SDCC if you don't like it. The benefit is, you get to see the final product. There will be changes to the final castle (like more room in the doorway, for one). I'm REALLY hoping Mattel listened to all the concerns people had with the castle and addressed them the best they could. I think, come SDCC, more people will get excited for it again.

ALSO, if anyone does decide they would like to cancel, it would be great if you ask if anyone wants to buy your Castle Grayskull pre-order off of you. I saw a few people posting about wanting to buy one. It would be a nice way to help people out who missed the pre-order window.

EDIT: WOO! Post 14, 000!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I'm REALLY hoping Mattel listened to all the concerns people had with the castle and addressed them the best they could.
    I really hope the same but the problem is that TG stated many times, whether answering fan questions or making official statements, that they will probably only be working on fixing the jawbridge height and nothing else. They will not work on fixing overall castle size, reverse walls, head clearance...etc.
    The only people's concern they probably listened to was the jawbridge height.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBad View Post
    I really hope the same but the problem is that TG stated many times, whether answering fan questions or making official statements, that they will probably only be working on fixing the jawbridge height and nothing else. They will not work on fixing overall castle size, reverse walls, head clearance...etc.
    The only people's concern they probably listened to was the jawbridge height.

The shorter castle is fine with me. Not ideal, but fine. Cost cuts, etc... I get it. The thing that drops the bomb on this castle is that unusual base. It's nearly two inches of --platform--. What's its purpose? Shrinkage in overall size is understandable. Jacking up the whole castle from the ground up with a completely useless base is just bizarre. It looks weird. It reduces headroom. It makes the open drawbridge into a diving board. It's a completely separate mold that the rest of the castle attaches to. Anyway, enough whining for now. Recessing the drawbridge into the base a bit will definitely make it look better. Hopefully we'll see significant improvements at SDCC.

Heroic Warrior
    I wish it was that easy for me, but a "4H sculpted castle" just isn't going to cut it for me anymore. I want the Castle for my few figs but if the finished product doesn't tickle my value bone I'm pulling out.

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I'm STILL all in on it! A Four Horsemen designed and sculpted Castle Grayskull…an easy purchase decision for me.
    Right there with ya.

I admit, I'll be lightly amused in the not to distant future when we have threads of people happy they could get a castle for only $400 on the secondary market. Especially after we see MatthewK's photo shoot of the thing.
    (I fully recognize I don't have a crystal ball, but it'll be interesting to see how "right on" or "far off" I am, I'll graciously accept defeat if I'm proven wrong.)
    Last edited by Baena; April 29, 2013 at 10:58am.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I called DR/Matty tried to cancel my pre-order and was told that this item is not able to be cancelled. So frustrating! How can I cancel this thing?!?
    SUPERHEMANMIKE

"It tasted good..." - Gwildor

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERHEMANMIKE View Post
    I called DR/Matty tried to cancel my pre-order and was told that this item is not able to be cancelled. So frustrating! How can I cancel this thing?!?
    Call back and get a manager. If necessary, a manager's manager.

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    Call back and get a manager. If necessary, a manager's manager.
    Thanks. That did the trick.

About 45 minutes on the phone and getting a manager finally got it cancelled.
    SUPERHEMANMIKE

"It tasted good..." - Gwildor

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar

Wow, that's pretty unacceptable.

Has everyone who canceled had this same experience?

Heroic Warrior
    The least that I can say is that this MOTUC Castle Grayskull is not a priority for me :

- It's VERY expensive, and we don't even know the price that European resellers will demand

- Mattel cheapened out on it

- It's too small

- It's still possible that some of its accessories will be cut

- It's not worth the pricetag Mattel put on it

I honestly don't think I'll make the effort to buy it.

Heroic Warrior

Really? That worked?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    The least that I can say is that this MOTUC Castle Grayskull is not a priority for me :

- It's VERY expensive, and we don't even know the price that European resellers will demand

- Mattel cheapened out on it

- It's too small

- It's still possible that some of its accessories will be cut

- It's not worth the pricetag Mattel put on it

Agreed. Awesome sculpt, but the way Mattel deal with this is not the way I want to have it in my hobby room...

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    You don't say.
    I for one am shocked at this development!

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Agreed. Awesome sculpt, but the way Mattel deal with this is not the way I want to have it in my hobby room...
    Yeah, you've stated this ad nauseum. Your lack of support has been duly noted.

Both my credit cards recently got hacked, so the numbers on my account for MattyCollector are now both invalid. Not even going to waste my time trying to update my card as this thing has all but lost my attention at this point. We wil see if Matty somehow sends me a free one. Wouldn't be my fault.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Is castle greyskull still for sale? Or has this sold out?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mac&cheesier View Post
    Is castle greyskull still for sale? Or has this sold out?
    Neither. The pre-sale is over, but there will be some for sale when it's finished for a higher price.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    Neither. The pre-sale is over, but there will be some for sale when it's finished for a higher price.
    Thanks for the info

yeah, the castle itself isn't bad and at a lower price would be worth considering but even though I don't collect the classics line, I'm annoyed that they basically said "We're making this. Give us money." and then after they get our money, turn around and say "We're doing this instead." And at $300, I'd be better off just sticking with my 200x castle.
    Mind you, this castle would look amazing with the vintage figures

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    This is my moneybox for the castle, every month I add somethin'...
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

LOL I love it. In fact, they should mass produce this. A Castle Grayskull bank. I would SO buy that