Page 149 of 183 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 4573

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    I understand what you are saying but I think that this is a different situation than with the other items and companies you mention.

I totally agree that MATTEL could definately "do better" if they wanted for sure. If Mattel wanted to throw more resource at this project and the line in general then yes, I am sure the final product we see at SDCC could be bigger, badder and better. They are the biggest toy company in the world, but they are a business and as we have been told several times the resource put into this line would make them far more profit if they used it on their other lines such as Barbie and Hot Wheels. Like it or not, there are not as many of us MOTU customers (not just fans, but customers willing to buy product) as we think there are and as sad as it makes me I accept that Mattel can make far more money seeling toys to kids instead of pandering to us 30 something collectors.

Mattel has given a certain amount of resource to the MOTUC line and it has been driven by a particularly divisive but passionate brand manager, a very dedicated team and amazing and enthusiastic work by the sculpters. I think that it is fine to say MATTEL could do better, but I think Scott's team and "Mattel's Staff" do the best they can and go over and above for fans with the limited resource they have available to them. Mattel do not see this line as a cash cow, they see it as putting the fan base "on hold" and keep us ticking over in the hope that a movie comes along and as a vehicle to kick start a Matty Collector site.

As a result the Castle Grayskull we are seeing has the same limitations - yes I would like it to be bigger and have more stuff and be cheaper, but it is produced in far smaller quantities, it is made by a smaller team, it has less resource and it is less important to the top brass at Mattel. Hard for us to hear, but in my opinion that is just the way it is. To compare it to a product like the TMNT play set that is mass produced for retail and has a far, far greater quantity is a bit meaningless to my mind no offence. Collectors stuff costs more because there is less of a market for it and lower runs cost companies more money.
    You make a lot of good points here, points that bear repeating. In a world where Hasbro charges $10 or more for one 3 3/4" figure (a figure which not long ago would have gone for $6), I'm not surprised to be paying this much for such a large playset - really, the G.I. Joe Defiant went for $130 twenty five years ago - especially, as Jeevesosisris points out, for somewhat of a special interest line. Also, I am not at all surprised to hear that the number one concern about the Castle, sinking the Jawbridge further into the base of the Castle, has been addressed. (It is, of course, still nice to hear )

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Holy cow! I just saw ZOMBIHAMMA-AI's custom Castle Grayskulls & I'm amazed! Might get one before he gets a "Cease & Desist" order from corporate Mattel...
    Considering that project has been around for over three years, people are probably okay.
    Not that Mattel couldn't exercise that right at any time, I suppose.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Considering that project has been around for over three years, people are probably okay.
    Not that Mattel couldn't exercise that right at any time, I suppose.
    Unless ZOMBIHAMMA-AI's castle starts making a profit, right? (Bratz vs Barbie).

I suppose if he were making enough money to be a serious threat to Mattel's own Grayskull, yeah. I don't think he's even able to pump out enough for that to happen.

So when do we think we will get to see the 'final product' before shipping? And I'm really interested in the final box art.....I'm hoping to recreate my Christmas memories from 83 for my son this year

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure Oz View Post
    So when do we think we will get to see the 'final product' before shipping? And I'm really interested in the final box art.....I'm hoping to recreate my Christmas memories from 83 for my son this year
    I think we'll see the final box art at SDCC. Not sure if we will see the final version of the castle at SDCC, but it should be close to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure Oz View Post
    Yes please make it the 80s original one! Or close to it!

I'm really looking forward to seeing Castle Grayskull in just 12 more days along with the MattyPalooza panel Reveals
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 line

Are they going to reopen preorders?

Thanks, Mimikrakra!!!! Can you see the jaw bridge?

Looks like Roboto might not have to crawl into the computer room from the elevator anymore. That's a good sign. Plus we can see inside the jail cell too.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Awesome, I want it. I wonder how the tweaked Jaw Bridge looks like.

Awesome pic. It looks great! The floor area is no longer just some flat piece with a hole in it; that's nice to see. Can't say I didn't wish there was a plug or something for the hole...

I can't find any more pics on toynewsi.com, did they not get a pic of the front? Is this a spy shot?

Thanks for the pic, sir!
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Thanks for the pic, sir!
    Yes! Thank you so much for the pic!

Is it just me…or does the floor section where the Wind Raider peg goes look a bit more substantial??? It's looking fantastic! I can't wait to see more of it!

Edit: I just pooped myself thanks to Replikor's pic!
    Last edited by chuc98; July 17, 2013 at 07:38pm.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Wow, CG's looking sweet! I see the Sorceress is sitting in the throne, good touch.
    Hey Matty, finish my Battle Ram, please!

Well, they have managed to lower the drawbridge. Webster easily clears underneath. Good stuff!
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

Kickin' It Old Skool! Alex The Kid's Avatar
    That paint job is looking a bit average, I hope its just this particular photo.

Aside from that it's looking good!

The jawbridge looks fantastic! The clearance there looks great. I also even like the floor piece now! It looks like it belongs there, for one thing. An I like the thickness of it. Who would have thought.

Cool! It begins!
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    Hey man if you're going to lift my pic at least have the courtesy to attribute it to me. Follow @CoolToyReview on twitter to see the Grayskull shots I snapped. It looks fantastic with the improvements!

Quote Originally Posted by richalot View Post
    Hey man if you're going to lift my pic at least have the courtesy to attribute it to me. Follow @CoolToyReview on twitter to see the Grayskull shots I snapped. It looks fantastic with the improvements!
    I was just forwarding it from a friend on facebook who had sent it to me.

Pardon the heck outta me... gezz.

Feeling better about Grayskull seeing these pics. Thanks for sharing....love SDCC reveals.

Interesting sign "Movie Masters Epic Creations". Wouldn't really consider this a movie master. Unless that is a sign for something else.
    My blog: huckthedog.com

My trade feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=174899

Is it just me, or the front door not go all the way down to the ground?

[Edit]

ARG!!!! The door is still not fixed, it floats above the ground when opened. It's more of a gangplank than a door. Very disappointed.
    Last edited by BadVermin; July 17, 2013 at 08:10pm.
    Contact BadVermin for all your customs and repaints.