Page 152 of 186 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162 ... LastLast
Results 3,776 to 3,800 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

I'm happy more people are finally getting to see it in person and see how big it really is.
    Photos only capture a little bit of reality.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Definitely an improvement from the earlier pics. I'm still not disappointed that I cancelled my preorder (I just can't justify $300 for something I have no room for anyways), but it looks really nice!
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Quote Originally Posted by FutureRetro View Post
    Good question - this is what I found:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/f...hp?f=5&t=25670
    Hmmmm...thats interesting...
    That could tie in with "big name in pop culture"...
    As far as prop replicas...hover board...unmmm
    I think we'll be seeing movie MOTUC...
    They will probably incorporate GB & BTTF...
    Cosplay though...??
    Master Creations by Movie Masters they have to have SOMETHING from MOTU in there aside from name!
    Last edited by Stratos*Major; July 18, 2013 at 02:28pm.

Heroic Warrior
    There are more stickers aside from the dungeon grate...

Wow! WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT!
    Like others have said, so many of the things I had gripes about have been fixed! I guess it really does pay to respectfully voice one's opinion about design and stuff here on the boards...
    I do hope they aren't afraid to experiment with the paints a bit on the finished product... bring in some of those blacks and yellow-greens used on the old playset and Point Dread... my worst fear now is it coming out looking like the awful 2002 playset paint job. So glad He-Man can fit through the door- I'm not exactly sure what they did here, but the thing looks so much taller in general now! Love that the Wind Raider base has been done in such a way as to look like an organic part of the playset. I still want something to plug that hole, but seeing how they've handled it thus far, I'm happy it's there now (I mean, I will NEVER actually park the Wind Raider inside, but it's nice to have the extra floor space!). The dungeon looks cool- I guess I never noticed it was going to be an enclosed room before. Pretty cool!
    My one question for anyone who is there reading this: Can you ask ToyGuru how that bat-pack accessory is going to work? We haven't seen the other side of it, and I don't think he's told us much about it aside from the fact it was something cut from the '80s playset. More info on that would be great
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I have a few minor nitpicks witht he castle but it's not final so one of them can't be a bother yet (the paint details on the exterior i think it needs more black) the floor in front of the throne too short and the dungeon and mat not lining up and the flag sticker thing doesn't look good the sticker design is nice but it's too small for the flag sculpt imo...other than those (which are mainly minor) I love it!! the floor texture is FANTASTIC!!!
    Gotta say, the stickers feel like a cheat, and I won't be afixing them to my castle. I'll hold out hope that the Castle and the sub do well enough that Scott can sneak out the rest of the accessories in the next two years. I want that sculpted dungeon piece more than I want 90% of what's in the Castle now. The Bat jetpack without the torture rack, the Wind Raider plug without any point at all... there's been a lot of missteps made with this toy,a nd I'm going to forgive them all because this is the one thing we all said we wanted and now we'll have to accept it the way it is or go without.

But it really rubs me the wrong way that we're getting walls that never existed in the Castle lore, that creates a room that is *not* where a figure ends up if he falls thru the trap door. Why does anyone think that makes sense??? Why are we still getting those two pieces, and not something that is essential, and *makes sense* for an update of the vintage castle?
    My 2016 Wishlist:

2.0s: HE-MAN, Teela
    Filmation: KITTRINA, Vultak, Dylamug
    200x: VEENA, Prahvus
    NA: CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead
    Concept: RED BEAST, Tony Guerrero He-Man

love it, just wish it was a darker green. I know they are going for the old playset style colors, but it was always a lot darker green in the show and comics than the old playset was. Ideally i'd love it to match the box-art colors, after all I thought that was supposed to be grayskull bricks all over the packages .... = \
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    They used the same silver paint for all "metall" parts. Hope the final castle will get the nice iron look the prototype had on the dungeon door, secret door and most important on the Front of the Jawbridge! That silver from the spacesuit does not look good on those parts( but its cheaper i know).Its supposed to be a fairly old castle, the metall has to look corroded not shiny.
    Its not final so hopefully they´ll improve that.

Nothing to complaint about the size. I don´t know where to put it.

Could anyone measure that table/stand that CG is standing on?
    I have to start making my own
    Evil Heroic Norwegian

Quote Originally Posted by nuno View Post
    There are more stickers aside from the dungeon grate...
    I don't know if they'll be stickers? Or if they'll be tampo's done at the factory?

But here's the list of 'em:

Flag, both sides.
    tapestry 1 - like the vintage
    tapestry 2 - new design
    Trap Door rug
    Space scene on computer monitor
    and lastly Dungeon grate with Monsters.

How do I know? You guys know I work with the 4HM from time to time right?

I think the stickers look fine. Had the flag been a fabric piece, something like the sticker would've been screen printed on.
    A sculpted rug for the trap door would've been awesome, as would've been the tapestries, but I don't think there was time or more importantly budget for it.
    The computer monitor? Makes sense there.
    And the Dungeon? Well, we all know what happened there unfortunately... But there is hope to cover the sticker or tampo with the intended sculpted piece to come in an expansion or furniture pack of sorts. I'll still remain hopeful for that because it's freakin' sweet!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Good stuff! My only real gripe before was the height of the jawbridge door, and that seems to be fixed. Looks amazing!

Wow! Can't wait for this thing. Is there any pictures close up of the Robot by the throne? Is that like a figure or just a hollow prop?
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

I have to admit that here recently I was starting to consider cancelling my pre-order, but I told myself to atleast wait till the SDCC reveal.. I'm so happy I did.. I am very pleased with the improvements!! Looking forward to recieving this!!! I just hope it ships on time..

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    I don't know if they'll be stickers? Or if they'll be tampo's done at the factory?

But here's the list of 'em:

Flag, both sides.
    tapestry 1 - like the vintage
    tapestry 2 - new design
    Trap Door rug
    Space scene on computer monitor
    and lastly Dungeon grate with Monsters.

How do I know? You guys know I work with the 4HM from time to time right?

I think the stickers look fine. Had the flag been a fabric piece, something like the sticker would've been screen printed on.
    A sculpted rug for the trap door would've been awesome, as would've been the tapestries, but I don't think there was time or more importantly budget for it.
    The computer monitor? Makes sense there.
    And the Dungeon? Well, we all know what happened there unfortunately... But there is hope to cover the sticker or tampo with the intended sculpted piece to come in an expansion or furniture pack of sorts. I'll still remain hopeful for that because it's freakin' sweet!
    Personally, I love stickers, the more the merrier.

Quite frankly, the more paint and such on something like that.... the more chances for quality control mistakes. I looked at about 6 x-factor figure sets yesterday, and there wasn't a straight line amongst them...

give me a sticker sheet... let me put it on myself!

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    They used the same silver paint for all "metall" parts. Hope the final castle will get the nice iron look the prototype had on the dungeon door, secret door and most important on the Front of the Jawbridge! That silver from the spacesuit does not look good on those parts( but its cheaper i know).Its supposed to be a fairly old castle, the metall has to look corroded not shiny.
    Its not final so hopefully they´ll improve that.
    http://he-man.org/assets/images/home...mn100_full.jpg
    Nothing to complaint about the size. I don´t know where to put it.
    That's taken with an extreme flash. I hope it's not quite as silver as that looks, because the iron look was great.

I would like a little more black spray around the eye sockets. That would look so much better imo
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Looks even better than I hoped for, and I was happy the first time. Because I see the parts that I am happy to see first. The other stuff comes later.

And that stuff is gone now. The biggest deal for me, after the door, (and this new bridge set into the floor is exactly what most of us wanted) was the interior floor. The new version looks appropriate to the toy, and is very very cool. I am sure there's a plug to go into that hole if you are not (of course) using it to "park" the windraider. I want a confirmation on this, but I feel it looks obvious.

But anyway the design of the interior floor looks really really cool now, and I am glad it's there.

Sorceress sitting looks very cool, and so far I like the way her wings flair like a corona on her. We'll see more, and I could change my mind, but this thing is just better & Better.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Looks even better than I hoped for, and I was happy the first time. Because I see the parts that I am happy to see first. The other stuff comes later.

And that stuff is gone now. The biggest deal for me, after the door, (and this new bridge set into the floor is exactly what most of us wanted) was the interior floor. The new version looks appropriate to the toy, and is very very cool. I am sure there's a plug to go into that hole if you are not (of course) using it to "park" the windraider. I want a confirmation on this, but I feel it looks obvious.

But anyway the design of the interior floor looks really really cool now, and I am glad it's there.

Sorceress sitting looks very cool, and so far I like the way her wings flair like a corona on her. We'll see more, and I could change my mind, but this thing is just better & Better.
    Unless things have changed, Toyguru was asked about the plug and he clearly said, "No."

Now that is MUCH better. I wish I'd have had the money for the preorder now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythew View Post
    Now that is MUCH better. I wish I'd have had the money for the preorder now.
    The pre-order doesn't cost money, just the buying in December. Last we heard, they were going to open sales up again.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm thrilled they fixed all the main issues with Castle Grayskull (figures being able to fit on the different levels, in the doorway, etc.)...but the one slide has me concerned. It doesn't list MANY of the accessories still being shown with Castle Grayskull as coming with the playset:

- Robot Armour
    - Cube thing by Robot Armour
    - 2 flags behind the Sorceress
    - Shield She-Ra and He-Man's swords clip on to
    - Silver He-Man shield
    - Silver ray blaster
    - Silver mace
    - He-Man trainer
    - Bat Backpack
    - Viewing Screen

Are these still coming with Grayskull?

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Watch Pixel Dan's walkthrough video. TG makes it seem that most of those are included.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior
    The castle looks great--the lowered jawbridge, the appearance of more headroom on the levels (my two biggest gripes), and the "organic" feel of the sculpted floor which makes the hole forgivable (not mentioning that the entire floor piece is removable if fans feel it's still too unsightly). As for the missing accessories not mentioned on the slide, several photos were taken of He-man wearing the jetpack and that isn't mentioned, either. I'm hopeful in betting that nothing more is going to get cut from what was shown at NYTF. Hearing that it's still "not final" has taken a whole new meaning to me--for the first time since the initial unveiling, I am actually excited to see what else develops into the "finished" product.

BTW.... The Sky Sled/Jet Sled has a hole in it's bottom so you can use the Wind Raider stand. Makes a LOT more sense for the interior of Grayskull.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I'm thrilled they fixed all the main issues with Castle Grayskull (figures being able to fit on the different levels, in the doorway, etc.)...but the one slide has me concerned. It doesn't list MANY of the accessories still being shown with Castle Grayskull as coming with the playset:

- Robot Armour
    - Cube thing by Robot Armour
    - 2 flags behind the Sorceress
    - Shield She-Ra and He-Man's swords clip on to
    - Silver He-Man shield
    - Silver ray blaster
    - Silver mace
    - He-Man trainer
    - Bat Backpack
    - Viewing Screen

Are these still coming with Grayskull?

http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/up...c-2013-131.jpg
    This has me concerned as well,the lack of info on the slide tells us that those pieces will not be included,for the first time we are actually getting the spacesuit armour and nothing is mentioned,seems odd as it's surely a great promotional piece,not the first time i heard the trainer was cut(few rumours and a mention of this on the sdcc reveals thread).
    More info has to come b/c this is looking more like another cancel if they keep cutting,$300 plus shipping thats a lot o dough for what is looking like less and less.

Anybody else concerned at the timeline here,if it's scheduled for release in November that's only just over three months and they never had a complete version for SDCC.
    Last edited by he-man121; July 20, 2013 at 08:34am.