Page 155 of 186 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

where is that image from?
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Well, I emailed to cancel my preorder, and I hope it's not too late. The castle is not what I hoped it would be, but more importantly, it's just too expensive for international customers. That said, if I still have to pay for my order, it's not a disaster. It's impressive in size, and the box art was amazing.
    Check out my blog about toys and food: http://toysandbacon.blogspot.com/

I would strongly suggest not to cancel your preorder. I am very sure that once you see it for real, you will want to have it. And then it will cost even more. At least thatīs what basically everybody told me who has seen the castle so far.

If you wanna make up your mind, come to Grayskull Con in Germany end of August. There are some fans who have already seen the castle and they will definetly be able to help you out making up your mind wether to cancel or not.
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

He's right though that it is SUPER expensive for International fans...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Deos anyone know what the final measurements are for the castle? I've found the original b-sheet proportions, and those would fit height-wise where I think I can put it, especially since I know the castle is supposed to be a couple inches shy of the original numbers. I just wanted to get a general idea of whether or not it will fit comfortably with some figures around it (planning on moving most of the main characters from where I have them now around the cardboard castle that came with the original King Grayskull).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I was just comig to ask teh same thing, Scott! I have an area in which I know it will fit and look great, but I need to buy/find/build a shelf that will fit in between two others I have (both chock-full of MOTUC stuff!), as well as an appropriately sized Lazy Susan to place CG atop on said shelf.

Toyguru, Scooter, old pal! If you're reading this, can you hook up us fans with some measurements? I really only need base dimensions, but I know others will need much more.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I was just comig to ask teh same thing, Scott! I have an area in which I know it will fit and look great, but I need to buy/find/build a shelf that will fit in between two others I have (both chock-full of MOTUC stuff!), as well as an appropriately sized Lazy Susan to place CG atop on said shelf.

Toyguru, Scooter, old pal! If you're reading this, can you hook up us fans with some measurements? I really only need base dimensions, but I know others will need much more.
    I agree! I'd just like to know the diameter of that lazy susan!

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    He's right though that it is SUPER expensive for International fans...
    Yes...but it is a one time thing...there will not be anything else like the castle...nothing again that big and it is only for the one time...hurts like a %@&$^@!! but one time is still worth it!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Heroic Warrior Science Friction's Avatar
    I would say.. don't cancel your preorder, then you'll end up like me wishing you hadn't after seeing the Castle at SDCC. lol. I have a small hope it'll be available again.. or I'll luck out and get one later for a decent price. I think it turned out pretty cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by Science Friction View Post
    I would say.. don't cancel your preorder, then you'll end up like me wishing you hadn't after seeing the Castle at SDCC. lol. I have a small hope it'll be available again.. or I'll luck out and get one later for a decent price. I think it turned out pretty cool though.
    I'm surprised the Castle hasn't gone back on sale. I guess it's just DOS going forward.

The BIGGEST mistake in MOTUC. Too bad... soo sad

Quote Originally Posted by goldschool View Post
    The BIGGEST mistake in MOTUC. Too bad... soo sad
    In what way? It's generally felt that it's pretty amazing at this point, I think. Most people are only canceling if they just can't plain afford it.

Heroic Warrior Science Friction's Avatar
    I can afford it, and will be buying it on the secondary market most likely. Unless I can get one DOS if they do that. It was more that was I was onboard, then wasn't, then Matty manage to impress me with SDCC. Just saw it too late (was focused on too many other things at the time). I think it's far from a mistake, I think it's a fantastic thing for Matty to do. I still think it should be bigger, but it is what it is, and it's still fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    In what way? It's generally felt that it's pretty amazing at this point, I think. Most people are only canceling if they just can't plain afford it.
    I think this is true. It's not perfect, but it is amazing. I don't see why anyone who owns north of 50 He-Man figures wouldn't get one now, unless they simply don't have the scratch.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I can't wait to get my Castles and it was a great decision on Mattel's part Btw... I think it will turn out to be a masterpiece. I pre-ordered 3 of these bad boys knowing it would turn out amazing especially because who's sculpted it! I just counted 140 figures I will have on display by the time these ship out. What an awesome display this is going to be.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

I've bought 9 Neca Aliens and I can't wait to set up them invading the Castle!!!!!

Hope this does well so we can get a snake mountain, fright zone, and crystal castle!

The height is 25" (not including the flagpole) and it is 26" by 30" wide.
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    I think this is true. It's not perfect, but it is amazing. I don't see why anyone who owns north of 50 He-Man figures wouldn't get one now, unless they simply don't have the scratch.
    It's not about having the money or not, it's about justifying the price. It's easy for the fans in the US to say that it's worth it, who pay the listed price, and not a lot else. But I wonder how you would feel if the castle would end up costing $450 (which is roughly what mine would end up at, shipping and import taxes included). Is the upcoming MOTUC Castle Grayskull worth $450? Not even remotely.

Now, I agree, the castle is amazing, but it's not what I personally expected, and certainly not worth it to me.

edit: Got my confirmation for cancellation. So I guess that's it. If i want a Castle Grayskull now, I'll have to build one myself.
    Last edited by Soulgem; August 2, 2013 at 05:14am.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulgem View Post
    It's not about having the money or not, it's about justifying the price. It's easy for the fans in the US to say that it's worth it, who pay the listed price, and not a lot else. But I wonder how you would feel if the castle would end up costing $450 (which is roughly what mine would end up at, shipping and import taxes included). Is the upcoming MOTUC Castle Grayskull worth $450? Not even remotely.

Now, I agree, the castle is amazing, but it's not what I personally expected, and certainly not worth it to me.

edit: Got my confirmation for cancellation. So I guess that's it. If i want a Castle Grayskull now, I'll have to build one myself.
    Yeah, $450 would be different. But I don't feel you're at odds with my point. It's a financial concern. Personally, I have two pre-ordered which I expect will come to close to about $600 altogether.
    (I want to have a four-walled Castle. As a kid I dreamed of it.)

Yes, it is a financial concern. I would have kept my preorder if the castle ended up being $300 for me.

BUT: I would gladly have paid $450 if the castle was perfect in my eyes. Sized to fit the figures, four walls, interior walls, no stickers...

Heroic Warrior

I agree... The sculpt looks fine, but the size, the lack of Filmation influences, the missing moster dungeon plus the action features kill it for me for that price. I would also have to pay around 450$ for product, shipping and customs. For that prize it has to be perfect for me.

I cant find my order in my order status. What was the process and did you just call customer service?
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    I cant find my order in my order status. What was the process and did you just call customer service?
    I sent an email using the template over at mattycollector.

I was very much relieved by the pics from SDCC. It looks so much better and less cheap. Sure I wish the height was increased but realistically it is very adequate. And for the $250 I feel like we are getting it a decent price all things considered. I do think Mattel should do an exclusive with Castle Grayskull through Toys R Us and throw in a few figures. I mean TRU just had the Big Millenium Falcon exclusive for $250 and most stores around me blew through them.

Also, look at the Ecto-1, it is $215 for a flippin car! No way in heck would most people shell out that much scratch for a toy car when a HUGE playset is almost the same price. It was a nice thought but very poorly planned IMO.