Page 166 of 186 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    Thanks so much for this, Nate!
    Can you also shed some light as to why there is a hole at all? If you need the Wind Raider stand, you have the whole Wind Raider stand. That includes the black disc base, where the curved piece attaches to. There really is no chance of having only the curved piece without the black disc. But when the black disc is present (which, remember, is ALWAYS), why exactly would one detach the curved piece, discard the black base and plug the stand into the hole, when at the same time the exact same result can be achieved with simply placing the completed Wind Raider stand over the hole? No matter if there´s a hole or not, the Wind Raider stand will be able to stand in the exact same position anyway. And if you don´t want to place any flying vehicle inside the Castle, there would be no hole in the floor at all, limiting the space available for displaying more figures.

I don´t get it, even after all this time and actually having seen the Castle very up close (in fact, the Grayskull Con sample is still here in my living room, waiting to be picked up by UPS for delivery back to Mattel).
    The large floor piece is to somewhat replicate the playmat shown with the early Mark Taylor Grayskull, as well as add more floor space on the base floor. Adding that big piece inside the castle we saw an opportunity to put a plug in for the vehicles. (Again, we knew of the two at the time, not just the WR.) We all know the WR stand comes apart from the base. It was just another option for that stand.
    Also, remember that piece is removable, so you could have a more natural looking stone base for the WR or the BR if you wish.

It's mostly about giving people a few options, a few play scenarios if you will.

I would absolutely be in favor of giving that hole a plug of sorts to disguise it or hide it. Or have another accessory plug into it like... Maybe a Filmation Sorceress throne? Or another weapons stand, or the torture rack?

Ideally it could be a universal plug for other items if Mattel wishes.

If there's another "Grayskull furniture pack" made with the "well of souls" (dungeon grate), they could include said plug or other accessories to make use of that hole.
    Last edited by Baena; September 20, 2013 at 11:16am.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    I would absolutely be in favor of giving that hole a plug of sorts to disguise it or hide it. Or have another accessory plug into it like... Maybe a Filmation Sorceress throne? Or another weapons stand, or the torture rack?

Ideally it could be a universal plug for other items if Mattel wishes.

If there's another "Grayskull furniture pack" made with the "well of souls" (dungeon grate), they could include said plug or other accessories to make use of that hole.
    Now those are some outstanding ideas, taking something that a lot of folks aren't happy about and turning it into a major plus for the playset. I'm especially thinking having a place to actually plug something like the dungeon grate in rather than having it just sliding around on the floor would be a very good thing. And it would be so much better than just a plastic plug to stick in the hole.
    Last edited by scott metzger; September 20, 2013 at 11:30am.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    That doesn't really make sense. If the hole was meant for the Sky Sled, why didn't they include the base with the Sky Sled?
    Another point: Since when do Sky Sleds "hover?" What, He-man brings it to a stop in mid-air, drops three feet down to the ground, conducts castle business, then climbs back on? Maybe the vehicle is supposed to be in mid-flight in the middle of the castle...

At any rate, the castle is still great. Just doing some playful over-thinking. That was fun!

Has anyone had to change their credit card information for their pre-order?

I just called and handled this today. Pretty painless process, nothing to complain about. But I'm worried about my order number. Am I going to be issued a new, later order number by making this change? I also upgraded shipping which makes me a bit worried that they're going to cancel my order and establish a new one, which will move my ship date out. I preordered on day one so I'd be mega bummed if I end up having to wait till a later wave of shipments.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post

I just called and handled this today. Pretty painless process, nothing to complain about. But I'm worried about my order number. Am I going to be issued a new, later order number by making this change? I also upgraded shipping which makes me a bit worried that they're going to cancel my order and establish a new one, which will move my ship date out. I preordered on day one so I'd be mega bummed if I end up having to wait till a later wave of shipments.
    I thought it was painless too until I found out that shipping costs doubled for me! I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with them and it was because they chose a shipping method for me that was different than what I originally chose. WHy would they do that?

So that is another order cancelled and re-ordered (that's two now).

I don't care when I get Castle Grayskull. I just want it for the price I originally ordered for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    I ordered it on the same day. But who are we kidding? Do we really think DR will be able to figure out when people made their orders. If they can't combine shipping how will this be possible. We will see if TG's words are true. I will expect mine end of NOV or beginning of December. If it is true....first who ordered first to receive.
    Yeah I know what your saying. I would be surprised if it goes in order too. Also I forget what shipping I picked. If it's newgistics even if mine is sent first I could get it last.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post

I did that. They cancelled my original two orders and issued me a new order number for one and the original order number for the other.
    Last edited by Salamandra; September 24, 2013 at 07:11pm.

Quote Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
    I thought it was painless too until I found out that shipping costs doubled for me! I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with them and it was because they chose a shipping method for me that was different than what I originally chose. WHy would they do that?

So that is another order cancelled and re-ordered (that's two now).

I don't care when I get Castle Grayskull. I just want it for the price I originally ordered for it.
    I had to update mine because of an expired card. When they renewed it, the shipping cost had changed from the original. I sent them an email complaining about the change of price in shipping which was around $5. I got an email back saying that they couldn't change the new shipping price with the old shipping price, but to contact them after I receive my order, and they will refund the difference. The best thing is for you to send them an email, stating that the shipping is different than your original order that you "locked" into, and that you think they should honor the original price that you were locked into. I have an email from them stating they will refund the difference, so I'm definitely going to get my money back.

The thing I'm worried about, is that after getting a new order number, they will probably not include the poster that I was supposed to get for preordering early.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Anyone changed the shipping address on their order? Just wondering if this will also result in my original preorder getting canceled..??
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Did anyone at Power-Con get the Dimensions (Length x Width x Height) of the Castle Grayskull box?
    For anyone else wondering it is: 23" L x 16" W x 24" H and weighs approximately 17 pounds.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

For anyone else wondering it is: 23" L x 16" W x 24" H and weighs approximately 17 pounds.
    Yup, this baby is big. Will have to make up a space for it soon.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    Yup, this baby is big. Will have to make up a space for it soon.
    And might to be too big for my friends in Australia to afford the shipping, which will be close to $400!

Heroic Warrior
    17 pounds!? That's almost as much as a car tire!
    ("That's like me when I was born!"--Joey Tribbiani)

And might to be too big for my friends in Australia to afford the shipping, which will be close to $400!

I assume you mean Grayskull plus shipping will be close to $400? I am in OZ and my invoice says $121.05 for DHL speedy shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by retcon View Post
    I assume you mean Grayskull plus shipping will be close to $400? I am in OZ and my invoice says $121.05 for DHL speedy shipping.
    Nope...shipping alone will be $400 to Australia. I just checked shipping from UPS, USPS, FedEx, and DHL and the cheapest I can find is almost $400 for just the shipping (and that is through US Postal). DHL was over $850. UPS was almost $1,000.

If you purchased through Matty then your shipping is hugely discounted because they ship in bulk. But these are the prices for me to ship as an individual.

--------------------------------------------------
    Below are the shipping quotes from various shippers TO Australia from the USA:

UPS Worldwide = $993.48 BEFORE insurance
    DHL Express = $863.60 BEFORE insurance
    FedEx = Between $786 - $1,008 BEFORE insurance
    US Postal Global Express = $411.70 BEFORE insurance
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; September 26, 2013 at 08:45am.

Heroic Warrior
    Nope...shipping alone will be $400 to Australia. I just checked shipping from UPS, USPS, FedEx, and DHL and the cheapest I can find is almost $400 for just the shipping (and that is through US Postal). DHL was over $850. UPS was almost $1,000.

If you purchased through Matty then your shipping is hugely discounted because they ship in bulk. But these are the prices for me to ship as an individual.

Is somebody actually saying that Matty has GOOD shipping prices?
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    Is somebody actually saying that Matty has GOOD shipping prices?
    I know, right? But it does look like they have EXCELLENT shipping prices in regards to Castle Grayskull shipping to Australia, but that is because they have negotiated rates.
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; September 26, 2013 at 09:05am.

Sweet, you found it!

And holy crap that's HUGE!

("Castle Cottageskull"... *snort!*)
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I've said it before, the people who cancelled thinking the castle was too small are missing out...
    and those who kept their orders and also think it's too small are in for a surprise!
    Castle Grayskull is huge!! And I foresee people complaining about "Where am I going to put it now?"
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Sweet, you found it!

And holy crap that's HUGE!

("Castle Cottageskull"... *snort!*)
    Hahaha.

And yes, I was finally able to get the dimensions...though it took a lot of gnashing of teeth and being sent back to 3rd grade...but I got them. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    I've said it before, the people who cancelled thinking the castle was too small are missing out...
    and those who kept their orders and also think it's too small are in for a surprise!
    Castle Grayskull is huge!! And I foresee people complaining about "Where am I going to put it now?"
    You are right. I have NO IDEA where I am going to put this beautiful, awesome castle!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Alright...Are you guys saving opening up Castle Grayskull on Christmas Day or opening it up immediately?

I'm leaning toward opening on Christmas Day. I originally got Grayskull back in Christmas of 1981, but "Santa" assembled the castle before I got up. I guess it ultimately depends if I'm working on Christmas Eve or not.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Alright...Are you guys saving opening up Castle Grayskull on Christmas Day or opening it up immediately?

I'm leaning toward opening on Christmas Day. I originally got Grayskull back in Christmas of 1981, but "Santa" assembled the castle before I got up. I guess it ultimately depends if I'm working on Christmas Eve or not.
    I am kind of torn. I would love to think I have the patience and willpower to wait until Christmas, but more than likely it will be displayed by the end of the day that I get it. lol.

IF I did wait I would want the box as well as the playset to be a complete surprise, but since I have to ship 13 of them to international friends then I will be seeing it anyway.

There's no way I'm waiting 'til Christmas!!
    Unless DR delivers it until or after Christmas...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

I will open it right away. But, to be honest, after a few days of playing with it, it'll probably have to go back in storage until I move into a house. I'm a bit torn as I know some of the pieces don't come out once they snap in. But I want to be able to put it back in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I will open it right away. But, to be honest, after a few days of playing with it, it'll probably have to go back in storage until I move into a house. I'm a bit torn as I know some of the pieces don't come out once they snap in. But I want to be able to put it back in the box.
    I own a house and still don't think I have enough room. lol.