Page 114 of 186 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    I just can't believe it!
    Look at this picture: the Four Horsemen found the way to have a larger entrance but then they changed the sculpt!
    http://imageshack.us/a/img402/373/jawbridgeproblem3.jpg

Look at the difference!
    http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/2...geproblem4.jpg
    That makes a world of a difference!
    They really have to change the base. It's way too thick and destroys the overall aesthetics of the Castle and causes a lot of the height issues.
    Awesome sticker included!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    I just can't believe it!
    Look at this picture: the Four Horsemen found the way to have a larger entrance but then they changed the sculpt!
    http://imageshack.us/a/img402/373/jawbridgeproblem3.jpg

Look at the difference!
    http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/2...geproblem4.jpg
    I dont see how you say "The fourhorsemen have found a way" ? In the prototype drawing, the casle is not sitting on the extra base. The door would have to be elongated and hinged in that base plate...about an inch below where it sits now.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    they are playing poker with your money. I wish more fans could see that. make you pre order it to get it made, then change size and see if you have the guts to cancel. it is really a joke. I can't believe the size was SO CLOSE that it would have mattered. as I have said before, why not ERROR on the SIDE of slightly too big of an opening for the door?!?!?!? its like measuring the figure, and being like, well, thats how big we need to make the door...... what a joke for mattel, or who ever is in charge to do it that way. I am sorry, but mattel is too large of a company to get it wrong like that. it was strategic, and planned out. you can not convince me other wise. there are at least 10 designers on the org i can name that would not ever short change the opening of the door to get a figure inside. and you are telling me that Mattel did this on accident?

sort of mad about it. I will let my wife know that i have a change to cancel (because she was slightly mad about me pre ordering) and it will be up to her. I will not blame her if she tells me to.

its just frustrating that this stuff that SHOULDNT happen, does. I am fine with little paint errors, stuff like that.... but figure NOT BEING ABLE TO STAND IN DOOR WAY...... LIKE THE VIDEO showed..... I think it was intentional.

Maybe this is already clear, but is point dread part of the final castle?
    action features for action figures!

Quote Originally Posted by Feast-Man View Post
    Maybe this is already clear, but is point dread part of the final castle?
    It is not. A slide they showed said it was, but TG said it wasn't in his walkthrough with Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by skelethon View Post
    I'm not too worried about the doorway size, I'm not going to be playing with it like I did as a kid.
    The doorway size is my main gripe, but it's a display factor, not for "playability".

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    It is not. A slide they showed said it was, but TG said it wasn't in his walkthrough with Dan.
    Thank you! I see that slide. What about the castles floor. It looks incredibly cheap on the photos, do they make it kind of solid like in that slide the showed?
    I mean itīs only a prototype...

Last edited by Feast-Man; February 12, 2013 at 12:06pm.
    action features for action figures!

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja man View Post
    I dont see how you say "The fourhorsemen have found a way" ? In the prototype drawing, the casle is not sitting on the extra base. The door would have to be elongated and hinged in that base plate...about an inch below where it sits now.
    Yes I was wrong that picture shows the castle without the extra base, however that's the solution for a larger entrance, the door should be an inch below, where it sits now, not like a springboard!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Heroic Warrior
    I just noticed that massive sections of the floor have been cut from the foam mock up as well

The floorspace of the prototype are half the size of the foam version.

Quote Originally Posted by IrrepressibleDH View Post
    I just noticed that massive sections of the floor have been cut from the foam mock up as well

The floorspace of the prototype are half the size of the foam version.
    TG did mention that when the walls of Grayskull are final, and the interior is hollow like it will be in the production version, there will be more floor space and the throne, for instance, will set further back. So hopefully the final won't look as small.

Well, first thing that came to my mind while watching the castle next to Scott is that the thing is HUGE!!! It looks absolutely stunning, just a beautiful work of art (from the outside). The colors, the details, the sculpting on the door, everything is top notch. As a stand-alone piece the castle is well worth the price we are paying, IMO. Problem is it is supposed to interact with the MOTUC figures, and here is were the magic ends. It "feels" small with them. I expected more, maybe foolishly since the vintage castle wasn't up to scale with the original figures, so we really never have got a "up to scale" castle, but when you are shown a (slightly) bigger mock-up, pony up $250.00 plus tax and shipping AND know the 4Horsemen are behind the project, your imagination FLIES!
    The main issue, of course, is the door. As TechTrek and more boardies have said, it is inconceivable that they (4H?, Scott?, Mattel design?) let the door be SO small. What on earth were they thinking? If I had to build a CG from the ground up the first 2 things I would be absolutely sure about to include are: 1) A big, scary skull with teeth at the top of the door (check) 2) A beautiful wooden-like door that LETS MY FIGURES ENTER THE CASTLE EASILY, without crouching or going to their knees.... As it is He-Man can barely fit there, Teela has not a prayer to get in and Ram-Man forget about it. Hopefully they reconsider and implement a recess at the bottom of the front like AuraBoyX and others have proposed here so the jawbridge drops lower and makes more room for the entrance. HUGE, huge blunder by whoever designed this, what a shame
    Can't say much about the interior, I knew already it would be crammed, the details are nice but leaving the dungeon piece out for budget purposes in this case is ridiculous . The Wind Raider landing spot is downright laughable, who asked for this anyway? As far as I recall the WR was supposed to be at the top of the side wall of the castle, not inside at the center of it, lol, either way is just stupid.
    As many here I would have liked just a CG facade with better dimensions and cheaper price tag AND separate diorama pieces for the different parts of the castle (throne, dungeon, computers with robot, training area) but oh well, beggars can't be choosers, I won't back out of this masterpiece, who knows when we will get another chance at this.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja man View Post
    That's a great point, but I think it means the opposite of what you are implying.

The new "base" (which I don't object to aestheticly) wasn't part of the prototype drawing, which means the castle is in even smaller scale than being admitted. Scott fully admits it lost an "inch or two" total, when in fact it lost even more actual castle space - it's just being covered up for by the addition of the base.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering the person who made the slide didn't even spell check ("handel") it is not surprising, but I do not understand why no over oversees these things. To me, a manager is the one who is supposed to have finally approval of everything shown publicly, and makes sure in advance it's accurate. If someone in my company so consistently gave such conflicting and misleading information as we are so often the subject of, that person would have been shown the door long ago.

I like TribalSpaceman's idea of some sort of cover for the where the Wind Raider stand goes for those of us who won't be using it that.
    I wonder if we can fit the orb stand over it??
    My Collection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdi0veA8Kn0

Vintage Collector:
    Sell Me your MOC Vintage

My Feed Back Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...61#post3202161

Just use some Grayskull stands... problem solved...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    That makes a world of a difference!
    They really have to change the base. It's way too thick and destroys the overall aesthetics of the Castle and causes a lot of the height issues.
    And if they did that they would also have to make a bigger door in addition to changing the sculpt
    My Collection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdi0veA8Kn0

Vintage Collector:
    Sell Me your MOC Vintage

My Feed Back Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...61#post3202161

My big conumdrum and question to everyone else is how are you going to display Castle Grayskull? On one hand its a no more brainer face first so you have the iconic picture, but on the other hand it leaves hidden all the interesting parts inside. No one will be able to see Sorceress on her throne or the Space Robot.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    they have to fix the entrance problem like we can see on the pics.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

>>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If I can figure out a motorized turntable I'd love to do that. Otherwise, I'm just going to do a manual turntable.

If I can figure out a motorized turntable I'd love to do that. Otherwise, I'm just going to do a manual turntable.
    Me too. I was trying to remember some junior high algebra to figure out how large of a circle the turntable will have to be. According to the B-Sheet, the castle's widest side is a little over 28 inches long. So let's round that up to 30. So let's figure the castle will be a 30 inch square. If my math is right, then the diameter of the circle that would fully contain this square would be about 42 and a half inches. Three and a half feet! (And people are saying this castle is too small?!?!) That gives plenty of extra room for attacking figures to be posed around the castle, and gives lots of room for interior display.

Someone please check my math and see if I'm right. I'm going to try my hand at building a table. I am the un-handiest dude around, but by the power of Grayskull, I'm gonna give it a go.

(How terrible am I, as my fiancee figures out wedding plans on her laptop next to me, I'm figuring out how to display Castle Grayskull.)

As to the "diving board" jaw bridge... who's going to be the first to dremel out the base piece below the jaw bridge and mod the hinge so it sits flush on the table? Sounds very doable, but too risky for me... That would solve every problem with the door clearance.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys,
    Please excuse the doublepost. The constant "it's too small" has motivated me to do a mockup picture of my own. I took a screen grab of Scott's foam mockup video. I stopped it at a frame where he has He-Man stood in front of the castle. I think this is the mental image people have when they envision He-Man riding Battle Cat through the gate. You can clearly see where the hinge of the jawbridge is intended to be - it's a rectangular shape at the bottom of the bridge. Rather than explain it, here's my mockup. I copy and pasted He-Man and placed him on the actual floor of the bridge.

To me, it looks almost no different. He-Man's body pretty much completely fills the doorway. His head is still about level with the side ledge. The face of the castle is still about the same size as a standing figure. It did shrink a tiny bit, but just a tiny bit! Compare and contrast with the heights of the figures in this picture:

The difference is really minute. The defense rests, your honor.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    He-Man JUST fits in the entrance of Grayskull and MANY figures are larger than he is (King Grayskull, ALL the ladies, characters with helmets, taller hair, etc). I'm certain Hordak, She-Ra and King Grayskull cannot fit in Grayskull as it currently is...and they're important ones!

Look at the FULL size of this picture to see He-Man's hair touching the top of the entrance. He's not even standing properly...so He-Man might not really fit (which is probably why he was on display with his legs spread apart so much...)

WIDE straddle stance gives He-Man a TINY bit of clearance in the entrance:

Wish we could do this:

Last edited by Darkspecter; February 12, 2013 at 10:19pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Here's the best pic I've seen of He-man in Grayskull's mouth. Not a ton of clearance, but there is some. Teela might have to duck her head though.

Screen shot 2013-02-12 at 9.18.50 PM.jpg

Here's the best pic I've seen of He-man in Grayskull's mouth. Not a ton of clearance, but there is some. Teela might have to duck her head though.

Screen shot 2013-02-12 at 9.18.50 PM.jpg
    That's a bit better. Still, there's no way King Grayskull or She-Ra can stand there...unless you crouch them somehow. *sigh* It's so beautiful and I'm DEFINITELY keeping my pre-order, but I'm majorly disappointed the opening isn't larger (and the floor levels seem extremely tight fitting too). I mainly care about the doorway though. King Grayskull and She-Ra NEED to be able to fit in the entrance. If at least those two can (without strange posing required), I will be happy.

...if not, I guess my Jawbridge will have to stay closed.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

The door/jaw bridge size on this one is nicely done...

394936_10150468514512011_125895402_n.jpg

found here:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...e=1&permPage=1

Widget
    Scott did say in the Ask Matty forums on Mattycollector that on the final production model the door might be recessed some. We won't know the 100% finished product until SDCC. And he even pointed out that after the final product is revealed, you'll still have time to cancel your pre-order if you want through August or September.

I think the sculpt is a thing of beauty, and to me it looks worth every penny, with all the details in the sculpt and the paint job. I'll wait until the final product is revealed before making any real judgements though.

- - - Updated - - -

Scott did say in the Ask Matty forums on Mattycollector that on the final production model the door might be recessed some. We won't know the 100% finished product until SDCC. And he even pointed out that after the final product is revealed, you'll still have time to cancel your pre-order if you want through August or September.

I think the sculpt is a thing of beauty, and to me it looks worth every penny, with all the details in the sculpt and the paint job. I'll wait until the final product is revealed before making any real judgements though.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBad View Post
    The door/jaw bridge size on this one is nicely done...

394936_10150468514512011_125895402_n.jpg

found here:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...e=1&permPage=1
    That's magnificent! ...and you know, it's about the same size as Mattel's Castle Grayskull. The difference is the rock base. If the rock base wasn't there, the door could be that size. Man...I'm probably going to dream about that door tonight.