Page 125 of 186 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

I think 2" would make a significant difference on the interior. My main beef with the prototype is that the figures seem to be either hitting or just barely clearing the floor on the levels above them. It would be nice if they didn't have to squat on the first and second floor to properly fit in my display.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Scott makes a good point and it's part of what mystifies me about some of the backlash. I don't think the Castle was ever going to be what some people wanted based on what some people are saying. It was never going to be 3 foot high with enough room for Battle Cat and He-man to ride through. I know the cardboard mock-up was misleading in that regard, but looking at the measurements, even at 9'' on the b-sheet that would not have been enough. So I'm confused as to why they ordered expecting something different? I think some people just have a hard time wrapping around the reality of the scale of something until they see it. I can see that, I guess.
    I don't think it's all that valid. I haven't seen people clamoring for an in-scale Castle.

What I and others seem chiefly upset about is the significant reduction in size from the B-sheet to now. Why can't it be that simple?

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Isn't THIS the Grayskull size we were "sold" on?

Sure looks like He-Man on Battle Cat can fit through the door to me.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    adding a mere two inches in height has a negligible effect on the scale, around 8% or so. It does make it taller, but the rest is still pretty much the same.
    I wouldn't call the difference between 1 inch of headroom and 0 inches of headroom a "negligible" effect on the scale. In fact, it makes a whole world of a difference. Those 2 inches they took away are precisely what causes the figures to scrape the ceiling of both the ground and middle levels, instead of having 1 inch of headroom on each. 1 inch is approximately 15% of the height of a MotUC figure (they are just shy of 7" tall, i.e. what is now the full height of the door's threshold when open); which translated into human-sized terms, is the difference between having 1 foot of headroom vs. no headroom to speak of.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post

The issue with the mock-up is that it doesn't have the thickness of the door, or the height of the base floor...
    But in reality, they are almost the same size...
    Check on the mock-up where the head of Grayskullman is, and it's about the same height where She-Ra is on the pic on the right...

Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Heroic Warrior

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...gures_full.jpg

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...e-man_full.jpg

Ut sure is. We've all been had.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    The issue with the mock-up is that it doesn't have the thickness of the door, or the height of the base floor...
    Check on the mock-up where the head of Grayskullman is, and it's about the same height where She-Ra is on the pic on the right...

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...gures_full.jpghttp://he-man.org/forums/boards/atta...6&d=1361390345
    So removing the ridiculous step and extending the door down to ground level IS the fix. Seems simple, but also seems like Scott doesn't want to listen.

Then the base floor should've been an "extra" part added on the bottom, not considered part of the overall height.

Has there been any information on how to actually cancel a Castle Grayskull order?

I ordered 2 on two separate orders just in case. I want to cancel one and use the $300 elsewhere. Anyone know how to do that?

Ok guys, after so many asked.
    I went an got me one of those 3D Grayskull dungeon kits to use in my MOTUC grayskull an did a review on it.

I wont post a link to that seperate org thread here as it done contain links, an that might be against the new rules... so you will have to find it yourself.

But anyone familiar with the org can do so easily.

I hope this helps lil item will make ppl happy and help ppl decide to keep their MOTUC Castle Grayskull orders.

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...gures_full.jpghttp://he-man.org/forums/boards/atta...6&d=1361390345
    Exactly, if everyone wanted a flat cardboard Grayskull door it'd be less of an issue!
    Now, of course, the actual dimensions of the door did shrink. But He-man was never going to fit through on Battlecat. Showing him like that was probably too misleading, and I can see how people thought it would happen. But again, if you looked at the measurements on the b-sheet it was just never going to be like that.

I am truly perplexed by how tall the base is. I do feel like it could have been a 1/4'' max and the rest of the height could have been given to the first floor and the door. I am fascinated to hear what the 4H say about that in the upcoming chat about Roast Gooble.

I would not be at all surprised if some of those issues are more technical in nature (along with the overall height) that relate to packaging, freight dimensions, etc. I know at work, there are certain freight size limits for items before they become more expensive to ship from China or run into other issues, so we sometimes have to be mindful of that. I wonder if that played into this here because the sides of Grayskull are one piece?
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    Has there been any information on how to actually cancel a Castle Grayskull order?

I ordered 2 on two separate orders just in case. I want to cancel one and use the $300 elsewhere. Anyone know how to do that?
    I could be wrong, but I thought something was said about folks getting the option to cancel in August or September.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    No, he said you must cancel before August.

Simply email DR and say you are out and they will cancel. Heck, tell them you want to change your shipping and they will cancel it. Pretty easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I could be wrong, but I thought something was said about folks getting the option to cancel in August or September.
    You only have until August 30th to cancel, not that you can only cancel in August.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Not before August, before September. The last day to cancel an order is August 30th.

This is so people can wait and see what the final, plastic playset will look like at SDCC. People might want to wait until it is shown then to cancel their order. If you cancel now and you end up liking what is shown at SDCC then I don't think you will be able to undo your cancellation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    No, he said you must cancel before August.

Simply email DR and say you are out and they will cancel. Heck, tell them you want to change your shipping and they will cancel it. Pretty easy to do.
    Thanks! I just didn't know if I had missed the "How to cancel your order without Digital River deleting all your orders" thread or explanation. I'll still probably wait until SDCC, just because Mattel has listened in the past. But so far I'm not sold on buying one for my 7 month old boy to play with when he gets about 7 years older.

This post should be on every page of this thread. She-Ra's head is at roughly the same point in the door as Teela's and CGM's on both pictures. The only difference is that one is made of paper. The door is NOT dramatically smaller. The base IS thicker. Sculpted plastic is thicker than paper

The diving board jaw bridge is a little lame. The feedback is clear amd they're seeing what they can do to alter it. I hope they can but I'm not too fussed about it. We were not snookered, they tried to do something with the sculpted base and they didn't pull it off as well as we expected. However, this is the Internet, and an even tempered reaction is pretty much impossible.
    Last edited by hadley; February 21, 2013 at 03:58pm.

THANKS!

NOW I'm SAD!!

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...gures_full.jpg

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...e-man_full.jpg

Saturday Morning ToyZ at Facebook, Flickr and Blogspot!

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    This post should be on every page of this thread. She-Ra's head is at roughly the same point in the door as Teela's and CGM's on both pictures. The only difference is that one is made of paper. (What, sculpted plastic is thicker than paper? Get me my pitchfork.)

The diving board jaw bridge is a little lame. The feedback is clear amd they're seeing what they can do to alter it. I hope they can but I'm not too fussed about it. We were not snookered, they tried to do something with the sculpted base and they didn't pull it off as well as we expected. However, this is the Internet, and an even tempered reaction is pretty much impossible.
    you are right
    and I think on every page of this thread we shoud see what Joeycruel did with photoshop in this thread :

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...stle-Grayskull

And 75% of the collectors are not satisfied with the entrance of CG.

Here is a the main pic of the poll imo :

TAKE A LOOK ON THIS PIC. Hope toyguru will take a look too................

jawbridgeproblem4.jpg
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

>>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    I for one love the diving board jawbridge. It makes the castle look more towering, like it's build on top of a cliff!
    :-)

I'm not too worried about the door being too small. I love the sculpting on the door's inside with the tongue and teeths. It looks GREAT.

I'm more concerned about what Mattel is going to do with the interior walls. I really hope the walls will be textured like stone i.e. like the Castle Grayskull stands. Smooth will make it look super cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    I'm more concerned about what Mattel is going to do with the interior walls. I really hope the walls will be textured like stone i.e. like the Castle Grayskull stands. Smooth will make it look super cheap.
    Maybe the Sorceress had someone come in and put up drywall.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    Not before August, before September. The last day to cancel an order is August 30th.

This is so people can wait and see what the final, plastic playset will look like at SDCC. People might want to wait until it is shown then to cancel their order. If you cancel now and you end up liking what is shown at SDCC then I don't think you will be able to undo your cancellation.
    Yeah, I placed a preorder for two CGs in November and some days ago I placed a second preorder for a 3rd CG, so that come SDCC I'll decide whether to keep the initial preorder and cancel the other (ending up with 2 castles), to cancel the initial preorder and just keep the second preorder (ending up with 1 castle), to cancel both preorders (0 castles), or to keep them all (3 castles).

With a decrease of about $7 in the international DHL shipping charge, the preorder I placed this month is only about $18 more expensive per castle (instead of the $25 upmark in its nominal price).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

I don't think its gonna change by Comic Con (maybe it might even be smaller)

Not sure but I think they would of have to had started production by then to be able to ship by December?
    Saturday Morning ToyZ at Facebook, Flickr and Blogspot!

Please first note that I'm not at all promoting this idea, but for argument's sake:

What if people started to cancel their CG orders in droves?

Would they go back to the drawing board to correct the issues in contention?
    Produce the quantity they originally intended and hope to sell 'em day of?

Just wondering because this is kind of a first.

[QUOTE=Vikor;3216479e door down to ground level IS the fix. Seems simple, but also seems like Scott doesn't want to listen.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it is... I think it sucks that TG doesn't want to make this easy change, but in no way is it a deal-breaker for me...

Then the base floor should've been an "extra" part added on the bottom, not considered part of the overall height.
    Yes and no... you can actually see the thickness on the mock-up facade, it's a darker shade of green at the bottom. But I'm sure if they added it besides the overall height the cost would increase quite a bit.
    People have to remember that it's not just the tooling, but the paint, molds, materials, packing and shipping it that affects the price.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    This post should be on every page of this thread. She-Ra's head is at roughly the same point in the door as Teela's and CGM's on both pictures. The only difference is that one is made of paper. The door is NOT dramatically smaller. The base IS thicker. Sculpted plastic is thicker than paper

Thanks... and I completely agree... I wish people would take a step back and look at how amazing this playset will be...

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    I for one love the diving board jawbridge. It makes the castle look more towering, like it's build on top of a cliff!
    :-)

I'm not too worried about the door being too small. I love the sculpting on the door's inside with the tongue and teeths. It looks GREAT.

I'm not worried either... Most likely I will display it with the door closed anyways... Don't want Skeletor sneaking in all of a sudden...

Please first note that I'm not at all promoting this idea, but for argument's sake:

Not gonna happen... a lot of people are quite impressed with this playset,
    So, all in all, it will sell out... regardless of the "louder than numerous" crowd...
    Last edited by KUZEH; February 21, 2013 at 08:07pm.
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlaird View Post
    I don't think its gonna change by Comic Con (maybe it might even be smaller)

Not sure but I think they would of have to had started production by then to be able to ship by December?
    If they are going to get it in by December, then whatever they show at SDCC should be the final thing off the production line. Usually stuff takes 4-6 weeks to travel by boat from China so it should pretty much be final.

No, the project would probably just be scrapped and we wouldn't get anything. Whatever the reasons behind it, this is the Castle Grayskull that Mattel can produce for $250. So when Mattel says "If you don't like it, cancel" I don't think it's to be mean or harsh... it's just the reality of the situation. It's this, or nothing. We can hope for slight adjustments, but no way they are going to put the resources in to start from scratch.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest