Page 126 of 186 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

I'm thinking of cancelling my order as well. The castle looks small to me with the figures around it. I like the exterior sculpt, but I dislike the interior. The inner walls really bug me. I thought they were going to sculpt them, and not just be the inverse of the exterior like the original. Hmm, not sure what to do.
    END OF LINE

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Please first note that I'm not at all promoting this idea, but for argument's sake:

What if people started to cancel their CG orders in droves?

Would they go back to the drawing board to correct the issues in contention?
    Produce the quantity they originally intended and hope to sell 'em day of?

Just wondering because this is kind of a first.
    Nothing will happen, most fans are pleased...

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Please first note that I'm not at all promoting this idea, but for argument's sake:

What if people started to cancel their CG orders in droves?

Would they go back to the drawing board to correct the issues in contention?
    Produce the quantity they originally intended and hope to sell 'em day of?

Just wondering because this is kind of a first.
    They sold way more than the minimum amount, so I guess we only got the option to cancel because Mattel is confident that even if a bunch of customers drops out they'd still have enough to produce the castle (especially now that it's smaller and that some stuff is cut).

But for arguments sake: no, they won't go back to the drawing board, Mattel will keep cost-reducing to maintain their profit margin and the people who didn't cancel the pre-order will end up with even less.

The problem is that we don't know exactly why this is as big as they can make it for 250$. But if this is going to be the crown of every MOTU collection, I wish Mattel would listen to fan input just for once and take our priorities into account instead of adding pointless features that in most cases will go straight to the unused parts bin.

Obviously, I'm speaking only for myself here, but I would certainly be willing to sacrifice all of the accessories if it meant that we could get a slightly bigger castle (maybe with a sculpted interior). I imagine cutting these would free up a significant part of the budget (less tooling, less paint apps, ...) that could be allocated to remediate whatever reason there was for downsizing what was supposed to be the pinnacle of the entire line.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Yep, it is... I think it sucks that TG doesn't want to make this easy change, but in no way is it a deal-breaker for me...
    I'm not sure that lowering the door IS a fix... Anyone do a photoshop of what that would look like?

NOT open, with he-man standing there... but closed. Like so many people say they only want to display it?

What does the front facade look like with the door set an inch down into the 'foundation and not into where the 'castle' starts?

In my mind's eye that looks weird to me.

I think you guys will love this video

"Video: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Will Be ENORMOUS!"
    Saturday Morning ToyZ at Facebook, Flickr and Blogspot!

Heroic Warrior
    I wonder if Matty would have downgraded the Castle if they only just made the minimum preorder?

Seems that the over preordering has caused them to have an ego boost and gives them room to lose a few preorders after screwing everyone over on the final castle size.

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    I for one love the diving board jawbridge. It makes the castle look more towering, like it's build on top of a cliff!
    :-)

I'm not too worried about the door being too small. I love the sculpting on the door's inside with the tongue and teeths. It looks GREAT.

I'm more concerned about what Mattel is going to do with the interior walls. I really hope the walls will be textured like stone i.e. like the Castle Grayskull stands. Smooth will make it look super cheap.
    Completely agree. Initially I understood people being disappointed in the size, but people are getting quite histrionic over this, and I just don't think it's that big of a deal. I understand the amount of money people are dishing out for the thing, but it wasn't turned into some tiny little Castle--the thing is huge. People will be complaining about not having the space for it.
    I'm more interested in what the final interior will look like. It will get as much display from me as the facade.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlaird View Post
    I think you guys will love this video

"Video: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Will Be ENORMOUS!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GpAEhXAmDs
    uhm.. what happened to That size for CG
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Completely agree. Initially I understood people being disappointed in the size, but people are getting quite histrionic over this, and I just don't think it's that big of a deal. I understand the amount of money people are dishing out for the thing, but it wasn't turned into some tiny little Castle--the thing is huge. People will be complaining about not having the space for it.
    I'm more interested in what the final interior will look like. It will get as much display from me as the facade.
    People always make room for their collections, look at those Hot Toys and Sideshow Collectors or at the pics here on the boards. People have their shelves full of geek stuff. 10 inch more in height and width are not a problem but would make a big difference for scale. I don't think, that those features in the interior will be as long-lasting as the display option of the facade.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm very curious to see what it's going to end up WEIGHING

The playset looks so much smaller than the foam model. I would love to see them make a video with the actual castle next to the display and tell us it is the same size.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    uhm.. what happened to That size for CG
    Uhm... it's available in plastic form now?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    The playset looks so much smaller than the foam model. I would love to see them make a video with the actual castle next to the display and tell us it is the same size.
    I would love to see some video, too. It's comparison time !

Mattel already admitted that the prototype is smaller. Only some fans here deny it.

I must say the castle is slowly growing on me ...
    The sculpt looks great and I like that it is inspired by the Mark Taylor prototype.
    I think I can live with the reduced size, because I am running out of space anyway.

It's somewhat disappointing that the price is kept, despite of the reduced size
    and despite of all the things missing.
    They should at least add some accessories like the weapons rack and orb.

I hope that some things are fixed, such as the wind raider hole / bottom floor.
    Those don't look good.
    I will wait for the final final () prototype at SDCC before making the decision
    whether to keep the pre-order or not.

The most important info for me is - does a carrera strax race track + car fit through the open castledoor!

action features for action figures!

Quote Originally Posted by JKM View Post
    Mattel already admitted that the prototype is smaller. Only some fans here deny it.
    I've taken it upon myself to be an outspoken supporter of the castle. I don't think anyone is denying it. I myself try to point out how dramatic people are being by posting comparison photos and showing the differences. A flat piece of cardboard looks bigger than a sculpted piece because it's a straight line. You can easily see from corner to corner. When there's a 3D sculpted piece, you can't see it that straight because of the detail involved. When you look at photos with clear, obvious reference points, such as a figure standing in front of the cardboard mockup and a figure standing in the same place on the real thing. It's a couple inches thinner and a couple inches shorter, but the main landmarks (eyes, ledge, door) are not much different at all. The doorway only very slightly shorter on the real thing. The real problem is the sculpted base. That wasn't in the cardboard version, so it feels like it's taking up space that it wasn't meant to be taking up. Plus nobody is taking into account that plastic is thicker than cardboard. Everyone keeps pointing out the picture of He-Man standing in front of the cardboard castle with the door open thinking that's what it should look like. Cardboard is an eighth of an inch thick if it's lucky. The jawbridge door that we've seen is like an inch thick. Plus, the cardboard one isn't taking the hinge into account. The rectangular piece is where the door is hinged. The door starts here, not under it.

All it takes is a little critical thinking about the realities of how something is constructed and you'll see that compromises were made, but they are relatively minor given the proportion of criticism and flipouts that are going on. People don't seem to like doing this, and just look at pictures and complaining that it's different without thinking about the differences of plastic and cardboard.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    That's perfectly understandable hadley and I think more than you think ARE taking it into account.

But it's kind of beside the point anyway. It's not OUR job to notice those things. It's MATTEL's job to do so, and to make sure that above anything else the figures should comfortably fit through the door. (Insert hyperbolic, dodging, false argument about Tytus here.) That is the most basic feature a playset like Grayskull needs to have, and pretty much EVERYTHING ELSE should've taken a back seat to making sure that was intact.

And I think lots of fans are just sick and tired of feeling like they have to play "sheriff" with this line, calling out what's wrong with everything, only to be told "Take it or leave it" by Toyguru every step of the way.

No, Toyguru, how about you guys get it together over there and end these errors and miscalculations once and for all so the questions never even need to be raised?

Reading the '3 questions' thread is amazing. People are actually asking the design team to mess with the 4H sculpt, a practice everybody's been fuming about for quite some time.
    Lowering the jawbridge would throw the whole thing off, guys. It's really not that bad. And design would somehow bugger it up worse anyway.
    I do agree with maybe thinning some parts, though, if it wouldn't affect the quality of the pieces. Like the floors, or maybe even the tongue of the jawbridge, to give more clearance.

Yea... that could get ugly!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by whbinder View Post
    Uhm... it's available in plastic form now?
    I think he's referring to the big massive foam mock up with about three inch's of head room on each level, and a entrance that hord prime could walk through with out ducking

- - - Updated - - -

I've had a think about the door, if design are clever about it they might end up making it work,
    Here's what I'd do,.... The hole's that the Jawbridge pegs will fit in to, should instead of being round, be 'curved' like a quarter of a circle slot, so when the door opens it can silde down a half inch following the curve, this would mean making room in the base, but it would alleviate the need to make a new door, ....( hope that makes sence)

And as for fans wanting design to mess with the FHM's sculpt,.. I guess it shows how desperate we all are

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    I've had a think about the door, if design are clever about it they might end up making it work,
    Here's what I'd do,.... The hole's that the Jawbridge pegs will fit in to, should instead of being round, be 'curved' like a quarter of a circle slot, so when the door opens it can silde down a half inch following the curve, this would mean making room in the base, but it would alleviate the need to make a new door, ....( hope that makes sence)
    That could be a perfect clever solution! Unfortunately, Mattel Design have proven themselves to be anything but clever.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

I read through the 3 questions thread...and then i looked at the TF2013 CG and the "Foam Castle" video...and even though there is a difference between foam / cardboard and real plastic...the castle IS smaller...mostly on the lower half and door...the top portion seems about the same...

I am not deciding anything until SDCC...until it is finished...it is early...things can still change...
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Heroic Warrior
    To steer the conversation in a direction different then size complaints...

I'd like to say how AWESOME it is we get a new orb holder with this thing!!! Considering how rare ToD Sorceress is, and the fact i will NEVER own one... I'm just geeked that I'm gonna have an orb holder for my Grayskull orb!!!!

SERIOUSLY don't understand the need to add extras to RARE figures.... their RARITY is enough to make people WANT them

It's funny...I know many are complaining about the height of the door, but the biggest problem in my eyes is the completely flat and texture-less walls on the inside of the castle. I mean, for $250+, you'd think they could at least put some freakin' stickers on there or something...

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    That could be a perfect clever solution! Unfortunately, Mattel Design have proven themselves to be anything but clever.
    What makes you think that? Maybe we'll be lucky and Ruben will put the door on backwards to make it pop. Pretty cool, huh!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    To steer the conversation in a direction different then size complaints...

I'd like to say how AWESOME it is we get a new orb holder with this thing!!! Considering how rare ToD Sorceress is, and the fact i will NEVER own one... I'm just geeked that I'm gonna have an orb holder for my Grayskull orb!!!!

SERIOUSLY don't understand the need to add extras to RARE figures.... their RARITY is enough to make people WANT them
    It is cool they put another holder there! I think my TOD Sorceress one will be covering up the Wind Raider port in the floor below.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    It's funny...I know many are complaining about the height of the door, but the biggest problem in my eyes is the completely flat and texture-less walls on the inside of the castle. I mean, for $250+, you'd think they could at least put some freakin' stickers on there or something...
    We don't know what the inside will look like yet. It will definitely look different than the proto. CB said something to this effect in his interview on the latest Geeks Shall Inherit podcast. I'm still a little unclear on how it's going to be accomplished, but it sounds like it might be the negative of the exterior, like the old Castle? Not sure. I'm hoping the Roast Gooble about it will answer that. That'll be better than smooth walls, anyway.