Page 128 of 183 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 4571

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

I hope that we get the answers and the box art results at the same time. I just really want to hear them say they are addressing the door height issue at least. The Wind Raider spot is lousy but at least you can choose to not use it. Either way I'm sure this thing is going to be spectacular!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

The castle will be shown at SDCC... that's when 2014 subs go on sale... Now, if Mattel were really smart, they'd plus-up the size and throw in a ton of bonuses... that would inject a jolt of joy, and confidence into the customer base.

Imagine how great the response would be... "look, they listened and made the castle closer to the size we were originally promised, and they fixed some of the other things! I'm definitely signing up for my 2014 Subscription!!"
    I agree with this

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    I'm surprised there isn't more outrage that the Sorceress can't sit on the throne unless we tear the capes off our figures. Didn't TG promise somewhere that they would find a way to make the cape workable on the throne? Anyway, without rehashing any of my reasons from back in November or any of the comments other people have made about the NYTF prototype, I'll just say I'm glad I decided not to preorder Castle Grayskull. I've actually been researching how to make plastic molds from blueprints, so sometime this year I hope to take Micro-Man's incredible Grayskull design and turn it into a three-dimensional display piece.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

... and here are the latest measurements:

"A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Take away the bottom base from the new castle and it really doesn't look that much bigger than the vintage one. It looks a lot wider, but as far as height, I'm still not impressed with the new castle. It really is in scale more with the vintage figures.
    Last edited by nato; February 25, 2013 at 07:43pm.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    I'm surprised there isn't more outrage that the Sorceress can't sit on the throne unless we tear the capes off our figures. Didn't TG promise somewhere that they would find a way to make the cape workable on the throne
    He promised they'd 'try'...

But honestly speaking, there IS no way to do it... nobody EXPECTED them to find a way to do it. Best possible solution is to cut slots in the throne... which will NOT work effeciently, AND ruin the sculpt. Same thing goes for Randor.... King Grayskull... King He-man... Pretty much ANYONE who BELONGS on the throne... CAN'T fit on the throne.

YEah... I'm REALLY glad for all the people who bad mouthed the idea of Cloth Capes

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    Take away the bottom base from the new castle and it really doesn't look that much bigger than the vintage one. It looks a lot wider, but as far as height, I'm still not impressed with the new castle.
    True, it's kinda underwhelming when you see the 3 castles next to each other. I think I'll use the MOTUC castle for my loose 200X collection.

While the sculpt is so much more refined, sizewise this one just doesn't hold up against Zombihamma's facade and Bishart's fortress of power.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

That 2002 Castle really looks like a bag of smashed crap next to the MOTUC version

They also just uploaded some pics on Fb that say "final paint in process"
    So I don't think they can still make changes?
    Saturday Morning ToyZ at Facebook, Flickr and Blogspot!

I really doubt they ever planned up upsizing it. This was the plan all along.
    Preternia - Cy-Chop Central!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    That 2002 Castle really looks like a bag of smashed crap next to the MOTUC version
    Hey Matty, finish my Battle Ram, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    True, it's kinda underwhelming when you see the 3 castles next to each other. I think I'll use the MOTUC castle for my loose 200X collection.

While the sculpt is so much more refined, sizewise this one just doesn't hold up against Zombihamma's facade and Bishart's fortress of power.
    I can't believe that nobody's asked the most important question of all:

Will the Mighty Spector be able to ride Battle Cat through the jawbridge door while carrying Teela in one arm and holding a laser blaster in his other hand?
    1 of 200 active He-Man.org members.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    A bag of smashed crap that cost me a whopping $30 as opposed to the $300+ the new one costs.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

gezz... an I was pushing the sub drive for grayskull too.... I have to admit, I am completely disappointed in that MOTUC Grayskull Castles scale when in comparison to the other castles now...

It would be a great vintage castle tho! Just not a classics one.

I honestly would say it is JUST this side of correctly upscaled for classics. Literally 2-3 inches more wide and tall would make it a "correctly" upscaled grayskull for the classics figures.

Honestly, it looks correctly scaled for the MOTUC line to me. I don't get the outrage about the size, but I guess I'm in the minority. Just looking at Scott moving the castle around, it looks huge to me. The entire vintage castle would fit underneath the dome of the MOTUC version.

Man, aside from the current smaller size we've been cursed with, those cheekbones of the facade look like a couple of meatballs attached to the skull! I wonder why people aren't talking about that! The rest of the sculpt looks great, but those cheekbones are just damn annoying to look at.

If this is what we're going to end up with, I will cancel one of my pre-orders.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    A bag of smashed crap that cost me a whopping $30 as opposed to the $300+ the new one costs.
    It was about $50 at retail, so you must have gotten a deal! In any case, I'd rather pay $250 for something that looks cool than something that looked poorly designed and piecemeal. If people want to talk about Cottage Grayskull, that's what the 200X Castle felt like to me. At least MOTUC feels more like a Castle. I do wish it was taller. I won't deny it. It should have been a couple inches taller. But... hardly a deal breaker for me. I still think it looks beautiful and will be such an amazing display piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Honestly, it looks correctly scaled for the MOTUC line to me. I don't get the outrage about the size, but I guess I'm in the minority. Just looking at Scott moving the castle around, it looks huge to me. The entire vintage castle would fit underneath the dome of the MOTUC version.
    Give the vintage castle a thick base and it doesn't really look that much smaller in height. The new castle blows the vintage away in width.......but that base is what is making the castle look a lot bigger than what it is. What I need to think about, myself, is the castle really worth that much money compared to the vintage?

The outside sculpt is amazing and of course the inside is great too, with sculpting and no stickers, well ok, one sticker, but I really don't think it's worth the price. I am happy for those that are satisfied with the end product, but when I buy something, I want to get my money's worth, and for me, I don't see that I'm getting it here.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Heroic Warrior
    He avoided to put a figure into the entrance gate

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    The height issue does bother me quite a bit. Not enough to cancel mind you, but I do think that when you show measurements on a B sheet, are on video saying that at the minimum we will get what is on the B sheet, and then produce something that is shorter by 2 inches (because I imagine that "about 24 inches is closer to 23 and a half) that it is a serious issue. And it needs to addressed as a serious issue, not brushed over.

A lot hinges on this Castle being done right.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

The Castle looks amazing and huge!

No problems with height at all.
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    It was about $50 at retail, so you must have gotten a deal! In any case, I'd rather pay $250 for something that looks cool than something that looked poorly designed and piecemeal. If people want to talk about Cottage Grayskull, that's what the 200X Castle felt like to me. At least MOTUC feels more like a Castle. I do wish it was taller. I won't deny it. It should have been a couple inches taller. But... hardly a deal breaker for me. I still think it looks beautiful and will be such an amazing display piece.
    I agree that the front facade is absolutely stunning on the MOTUC Castle, but I just don't see $300 worth, personally. And that was kinda my point in defense of the 200x Grayskull: yeah, it's not perfect; yeah, the insignia on the forehead looks dumb; yeah, it's not painted up all gorgeous.

But it was $30-50, is a head shorter than the MOTUC one, it has various sculpted walls inside, a load of accessories, etc.

I know it was mass market, but value is value in my eyes. Had the 200x Castle been $100 I would've thought that was a rip, too. I fully respect that everyone values things differently, though, so I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

First time uploading photos on the org, sorry for the mini-pics

Mock up
    mock up.jpg

Proto
    real.jpg

Not much size difference between the proto and the mock up, they are at different angles, but those lost inches really take away the "WOW" factor in size, at least to me. The door size is just plain BAD, it looks almost the same size as the vintage one!

Heroic Warrior
    Lol at the camera tilt that obscures a clear comparison. Also, shame on them for removing the 200X castle turrets to make it look smaller.

Seems any dirty trick is fair game here.

Also, note how TG states all measurements are "about" so much? Give us the actual measurements or don't. About 7 inches to TG probably means 6 to the rest of us.

Is it just me, or does Scott's attitude the whole time seem like. "HERE! HERE ARE YOUR DAMN MEASUREMENTS!!"