Page 13 of 186 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

I really like to see a Castle Grayskull frontside. Make it very big too. But i don't like it to be a playset. Offcourse it needs a door to enter, but that's it for the interior.

i would gladly pay 200-300 dollars for a 4h sculpted castle. that would be epic.

It has my full support, but its not going to be cheap. I would rather they did it on a pre order basis, both to help with their costing and our budgets

Yes I would love a MOTUC Castle Grayskull

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar

castle grayskull?

in this forum everyone talks about getting a castle grayskull that is to scale with the classics but what features would there be in it: multiple rooms, the old throne, weapons rack, vault for the power sword, eternian elder room etc

what about the outside would you like a large base that included the abyss or just a small base that came out an inch?

would you like it to close up or would you like it so there is a roof etc?
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    Including the abyss? How would you include a bottomless pit?

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTripper View Post
    My thoughts exactly. One inch base would be fine for me. Don't really know how I would like the castle to be on the inside, a couple of different rooms would be nice with the throne room being one of them for sure. The MYP cartoon made the castle look much bigger and weird inside than how i saw it in the Filmation version. I guess I'll be fine with whatever they come out with.
    "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Heb 11:1 (NIV)

Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar
    Maybe the castle could manifest in 4 or maybe 5 installments to keep the cost down...

Tower 1 w lasergun
    Tower 2 w flag
    Tower 3 w cone roof (on far right)
    Extension room
    Face/Jawbridge (maybe with a chasm or moat)

If possible, maybe these could stand alone, but really shine once connected all together. Somewhat similar to this
    Thanks Mangs.
    -Buzz out
    www.hyveofvillainy.com - Evil Action Figures

My ORG FEEDBACK is here.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTripper View Post
    think a base that comes out 5 inches with the bridge and put a photo or hologram thing in a depression that runs around the base

Quote Originally Posted by bigassbuzz View Post
    Maybe the castle could manifest in 4 or maybe 5 installments to keep the cost down...

Tower 1 w lasergun
    Tower 2 w flag
    Extension room

If possible, maybe these could stand alone, but really shine once connected all together.
    Excellent idea. Reminds me of Fort Kerium for Bravestarr. You could buy the complete fort or then the three different parts and connect them together to form the fort. Keeping costs down is always positive and this way they could make it bigger without people having to cough up the whole sum in one month.
    Quote Originally Posted by maltesefalcon View Post
    think a base that comes out 5 inches with the bridge and put a photo or hologram thing in a depression that runs around the base
    I like that idea, sounds good!
    "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Heb 11:1 (NIV)

Meh... Maybe just the front part of it.. Sort of one of those things you stick being a fish tank, but with more bulk..
    Ehhh! Where's my beer!?!?

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    One question...would I actually be able to order it on sale day without any problems?
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

I'd like to see just the front facade with opening jawbridge looking similar to the vintage castle but also have a few more areas to display figures on. Add the extra balcony that he 200x castle has and make the ledge on the dome wide enough to stand figures on. I'd also like the castle to break down into several pieces so that it can be shipped and stored easier.

Quote Originally Posted by bigassbuzz View Post

Tower 1 w lasergun
    Tower 2 w flag
    Extension room

If possible, maybe these could stand alone, but really shine once connected all together. Somewhat similar to this

How do you guys display teh Castle???? Closed? Or open...Like in your picture???? I have my Castle closed...But sometimes I want to open it so I can maximize the display area in front of it.

What do you think?
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger PR PAC
    PSN: Avenger12PR

If they could produce the castle in a way for it to be sold in smaller installments, then I would be really happy. Maybe medium sized dioramas that somehow fit togehter? As a kid, I used to wish for more rooms inside the castle, so I'd love anything that could expand and add to the play value of the existing playsets as well.

Snappy Threader
    Following Bigassbuzz here....

Gun Tower
    Flag Tower
    Cone Roof Tower
    Point Dread (removable)
    Balcony (and as many places to pose figures as possible)
    Awesome Jawbridge
    Throne Room
    Something along the lines of the Battle Tower for a side
    Possibilities are endless but yeah, different pieces that attach together like the stands, even with a place to attach some stands (i wasn't luck enough to score any though)....
    Sword Vault

then have a weapons rack, a few "Grayskull" weapons (yep I know the weapons pack, but I wasn't lucky enough to score one of those either) so maybe two racks, one for the weapons pack stuff, one for the stuff included with the castle. This is fun stuff to think about.

I think the fort kerium style would work great for castle grayskull as long as all parts are inter connectable. I mean then you could just keep adding towers and balconies or what not and make a bigger or smaller castle. The towers and whatnot would also work as stand alone props which would be very cool. Also if they could make it that any two parts or three parts could close together it would be cool that you can make different types of castles.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    I may be in the minority here, but I don't think I want a Castle anymore. To be at all useful it would have to be so hilariously large that I couldn't store or display it properly. As an 80's kid, the castles were cool to own, but really any "rooms" in it were really small and lame, and it was most certainly not to scale.

As an adult collector, enjoying the somewhat realistic sculpt of all these figures as I am, if they made a castle I would want it just as well crafted as the figures, and I don't think I'd be happy with little one-figure-large rooms. I'd want it much larger and detailed, and then when they made it I probably wouldn't buy it because I'd have nowhere to put it.

I think I'd be happier with diarama-style playsets like the World of Springfield Simpsons figures came with, depicting different "scenes" from the the world of MOTU.

Just my two cents.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm getting to the point right now... I wish they would REMAKE the original castle!

I keep looking on E-bay and the prices are just a little out there... and they're all 30 years used...

THAT is the castle I have all my memories from... I'd be happy if they just remade THAT... complete with weapons, stickers, elevator and ALL the pieces that I lost or broke 26 years ago...

Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I'm getting to the point right now... I wish they would REMAKE the original castle!

I keep looking on E-bay and the prices are just a little out there... and they're all 30 years used...

THAT is the castle I have all my memories from... I'd be happy if they just remade THAT... complete with weapons, stickers, elevator and ALL the pieces that I lost or broke 26 years ago...
    LMK if you'd like a not quite complete one. I have several...

Thanks Mangs.
    -Buzz out
    www.hyveofvillainy.com - Evil Action Figures

My ORG FEEDBACK is here.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maltesefalcon View Post
    in this forum everyone talks about getting a castle grayskull that is to scale with the classics but what features would there be in it: multiple rooms, the old throne, weapons rack, vault for the power sword, eternian elder room etc

what about the outside would you like a large base that included the abyss or just a small base that came out an inch?

would you like it to close up or would you like it so there is a roof etc?
    I mentioned this in this thread long ago...

You guys really want interiors...
    I only suggested the exteriors because it seems more realistic than a full scale MOTUC version of Castle Grayskull.

Maybe they could make the Castle walls first, only with tabs or something to attach the inner floors and parts. They could sell a castle wall every 6 months. Later they could sell a floor or new room every three months.

A sculpted dungeon would be cool. With sculpted hands and tentacles coming from the bars.

And the throne room could come straight out of Alcala's mini's.
    So far 66% of 200+ fans want interiors as well as exteriors. The other 33% just want exteriors.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post

I more or less agree with this... But it should be much bigger than the original and still have the throne, trap door, etc. This would be a great opp to make it more detailed as well.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    I wouldn't mind a new Castle, but only if the line went to retail and I could see it in person before deciding to buy it or not. i'd hate to pay the outrageous online prices for something that big.

It'd have to have all the bells & whistles, various rooms for the figures to fit in, as well as a cool exterior. If it came with a Sorceress figure that'd be great, since the two of them go hand in hand.

for now, the 200x one is fine. I wont lose sleep if they never make another Castle Grayskul playset. The figures & beasts cost enough money... i can't imagine what a Castle Grayskul would be. I'm more of a figure & creature collector anyway... vehicles & playsets cost too much & take up too much space that i don't have.

If they do make one, it'd have to be updated in the same manner as Hasbro did with the Star wars mill. Falcon & AT-AT toys. go all out with it & make it the awesomest Castle they can make.

personally I'll take a Snake Mountain first, since there hasn't been one since the original & I've never had a headquarters for my villans, ever.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

My preference would be for a BIG Castle Grayskull, with a 200x balcony and parapets.

Like the SDCC King Grayskull's box creates a Castle Grayskull likeness, I'd like the CG box to form an abyss painted base to sit the Castle on. A (prefereably FILMation-style) ramp providing access to the Jawbridge should also be included.

Inside I would like many of the features of previous Castles, including the Sorceress' throne, trap door, laser canon, weapons rack, but also:

- articulated MOTUC-style 'Defendor' cardboard robot figure (or hell, just release him as a separate figure as I requested in another thread)

- a closing prison for Skeletor to trap He-Man in ... (as per the Point Dread record comic)

- a dungeon box with a grate that can open to let a monster out (modeled on the vintage CG sticker)

- an opening internal Secrets & Power of Eternia Vault door - activated by the joined halves of the Power Sword.

- a stand on which to place my Bronze King Grayskull statue figure.

another thing i thought of would be removable faceplates so they could be the 200x version, original/filmation or the movie version