Page 143 of 186 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    The robot, as a regular figure, IMO would have been a great SDCC Exclusive for this year.
    Excellent idea. I haven't seen anyone who's thrilled the Grayskull 'Bot will be a hollow standee.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I just wanted to say that I really hope MOST people who want to cancel, or are thinking about cancelling, wait to cancel AFTER SDCC. Even if you don't think seeing it at SDCC will change your mind...the Castle will be final at SDCC. No more cuts or changes can be made at that time. The more cancellations Mattel receives right now, the more accessories and/or deco will probably be cut from the Castle. So, cancelling your orders right NOW kind of screws over the people who are keeping their orders. Everyone has until August to cancel. Please, PLEASE consider this before cancelling prior to SDCC. Thank you for listening and pass this along as you feel the need.
    The problem is, it could swing both ways.

If enough dissatisfied customers cancel their orders NOW, wouldn't that give Mattel more an incentive to fix it?

By SDCC it will be absolutely too late for any changes, so any "silence" (meaning, not canceling the order) between now and then could be interpreted by Mattel as "fans will buy it anyway".

Anyone who isn't 100% happy with Grayskull is really in a bind, thanks to the situation Mattel and Co have presented to us:

Either we cancel now and never get a Grayskull, even if it's improved, or we DON'T cancel, and run the risk of Mattel falsely thinking the majority are perfectly fine with it as is, therefore not improving much of anything and getting a compromised Grayskull that might've been better if more had protested while something could've been done about it.

("Never" of course being an exaggeration--2nd market sources, etc--but technically a reorder isn't allowed.)

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    So what if it really isn't MEANT for the Wind Raider, but something else they can't talk about because it's not announced yet?
    Reeeeeallly reaching there, IMO.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    I just wanted to say that I really hope MOST people who want to cancel, or are thinking about cancelling, wait to cancel AFTER SDCC. Even if you don't think seeing it at SDCC will change your mind...the Castle will be final at SDCC. No more cuts or changes can be made at that time. The more cancellations Mattel receives right now, the more accessories and/or deco will probably be cut from the Castle. So, cancelling your orders right NOW kind of screws over the people who are keeping their orders. Everyone has until August to cancel. Please, PLEASE consider this before cancelling prior to SDCC. Thank you for listening and pass this along as you feel the need.
    Or, what you're proposing will most likely have the effect of giving Mattel the false impression that not many people are really concerned about what was shown at NYTF and thus they will ignore the issues and continue to cheapen their product even further. Mattel is known to be extremely reluctant to fix any of their continuous blunders unless there's a very strong and proactive backlash to force them to rectify their ways. If Blasticgate came to an end, it was thanks to the generalized public outcry against it and the very real threat of massive sub cancellations if Mattel insisted in shafting customers with subpar product. Had people remained unproactive in fear of "upsetting" Mattel and just hoping for the issue to solve itself, figures such as Ram Man and Jitsu would have ended up joining the ranks of Spikor and DB Skeletor.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I had a crazy thought about the Wind Raider stand.

So, its one of the most head-scratching parts of the new Castle, right? Even though I love the Castle overall, I just didn't get this. It doesn't seem like the WR will fit in there. So what if it really isn't MEANT for the Wind Raider, but something else they can't talk about because it's not announced yet?

Again, this is pure speculation on my part, but the sky sled of part of the Battle Ram would be pretty cool on a stand in there...
    Even if that were the case (not that I'm holding my breath it may be), I fail to see how any vehicle would have any business to do inside the Castle (except possibly the Talon Fighter, but not even this one would make much sense to be placed inside instead of perched on Point Dread). Let alone to usurp the most central spot of the castle's interior, right in front of the entrance (where the Walk of the Elders and Sorceress's throne should be). A parking spot for a pair of Sky Sleds, or the Wind Raider, would make perfect sense on the basement floor of Eternos Palace, since that's their actual "garage". Vehicles have nothing to do inside Grayskull.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    I'm also sick of all this negativity.

I'm thinking of leaving the .org for good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post

If enough dissatisfied customers cancel their orders NOW, wouldn't that give Mattel more an incentive to fix it?

By SDCC it will be absolutely too late for any changes, so any "silence" (meaning, not canceling the order) between now and then could be interpreted by Mattel as "fans will buy it anyway".

Anyone who isn't 100% happy with Grayskull is really in a bind, thanks to the situation Mattel and Co have presented to us:

Either we cancel now and never get a Grayskull, even if it's improved, or we DON'T cancel, and run the risk of Mattel falsely thinking the majority are perfectly fine with it as is, therefore not improving much of anything and getting a compromised Grayskull that might've been better if more had protested while something could've been done about it.

("Never" of course being an exaggeration--2nd market sources, etc--but technically a reorder isn't allowed.)
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Or, what you're proposing will most likely have the effect of giving Mattel the false impression that not many people are really concerned about what was shown at NYTF and thus they will ignore the issues and continue to cheapen their product even further. Mattel is known to be extremely reluctant to fix any of their continuous blunders unless there's a very strong and proactive backlash to force them to rectify their ways. If Blasticgate came to an end, it was thanks to the generalized public outcry against it and the very real threat of massive sub cancellations if Mattel insisted in shafting customers with subpar product. Had people remained unproactive in fear of "upsetting" Mattel and just hoping for the issue to solve itself, figures such as Ram Man and Jitsu would have ended up joining the ranks of Spikor and DB Skeletor.
    If too many people cancel their pre-orders, Mattel will scrap Castle Grayskull. They cancelled the Young Justice two pack because it didn't get enough pre-orders, and they cancelled the Ghostbusters subscription because they didn't get enough subscribers. True, they did release SOME of the figures (there are 1-2 figures that were not shown that were cancelled for good), but everyone's subs were cancelled and they were charged more for the figures. Something like this could also happen for Grayskull. They cancel it altogether, or cancel all pre-orders and you have the option to do another pre-order at a higher cost (probably $300, depending on the amount of cancellations).

Re: the black plastic problem. LOTS of people spoke out against it and posted pictures...just like those unhappy with Castle Grayskull's size, etc. How many people cancelled their subscriptions and did not subscribe to Club Eternia 2013 because of the black plastic? That's the only true comparison. Cancellation vs cancellation. Being vocal about the issue and posting pictures of paint scrapes, etc. fixed the black plastic problem. I don't think a mass amount of people cancelling their subscriptions fixed it. If anything, lots of sub cancellations would make Mattel produce the figures even cheaper than before.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I'm happy to get Castle Grayskull for Classics even if it is a couple inches smaller than it should be and was "sold" to us as being larger. The sculpt is great and (as of now) is coming with a lot of accessories. I can understand being not happy with the size reduction. What I don't understand is people or "fans" seemingly wanting this line to die. That is apparent in this thread. I don't understand it.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I'm happy to get Castle Grayskull for Classics even if it is a couple inches smaller than it should be and was "sold" to us as being larger. The sculpt is great and (as of now) is coming with a lot of accessories. I can understand being not happy with the size reduction. What I don't understand is people or "fans" seemingly wanting this line to die. That is apparent in this thread. I don't understand it.
    I don't think this is a fair assessement. I don't want the line to die, and I am not happy about cancelling my pre-order for Grayskull. I do want a Grayskull, but not the one shown at NYTF. I am not happy with the product and I am probably going to cancel it after SDCC. I am happy for anyone that can overlook the issues with the castle. I can't. I will keep my figure subscriptions and probably buy any other extra items like the Windraider that I DO like. I don't see that as an ultimatum on the line. Its a personal choice to not buy something I personally don't want. Scott and Mattel understand that is a risk. You can't please everyone all of the time.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

Court Magician
    well..by waiting for the SDCC, it will already be too late for any changes for the castle since it is supposed to be released in December (which I guarantee wont happen till march). You see, its about the main principle of the promises made and broken and then the response after the pre-orders were locked in,..kinda like a screw you..its too late now. Im sure if anyone cancelled and that action helped improve Castle Grayskull...they wouldnt mind paying a little more the second time around. Scott mentioned it took the 4H 2 weeks to sculpt the castle in one of the NYTF videos...while I believe the sculpt is amazing and dont want it to change..It can definitely be upscaled with the molds easier than resculpting. I guarantee that the 200x castle size and box size has been factored in to give them an accurate cost example so they can estimate their profits..add $25 to the pre-order and there goes more profit.
    I honestly dont care at this point if they would include accessories seperately just to increase the castle size. they may even make a profit which would suck but in the end we'd get the grand collectors piece as promised.

Scott used to feed us the line "THANKS TO ALL THE HE-FANS AND SHE-RAVERS FOR MAKING CG A REALITY".maybe all the He-fans and she-ravers and Bronys and whoever else wants to join in..haha.. can all chip in and voice an opinion and take action to push for the upgrades and really make a grand castle grayskull a reality..even if it costs a little more...now is the only time to do it if pressure is applied. Im happy for those that are content...but I hate being lied to and fed lines..I work hard for my money and if I need to work a little harder to make something a reality im always willing to do it. Yeah in the end its just a stupid toy to help feed my nostalgia trip..but its a reminder of a happier time in my life and Mattys recent actions have left a distaste in my mouth. Now is the only chance to get anything done if we stick together!
    Last edited by He-loser; March 3, 2013 at 04:26pm.

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Even if that were the case (not that I'm holding my breath it may be), I fail to see how any vehicle would have any business to do inside the Castle (except possibly the Talon Fighter, but not even this one would make much sense to be placed inside instead of perched on Point Dread). Let alone to usurp the most central spot of the castle's interior, right in front of the entrance (where the Walk of the Elders and Sorceress's throne should be). A parking spot for a pair of Sky Sleds, or the Wind Raider, would make perfect sense on the basement floor of Eternos Palace, since that's their actual "garage". Vehicles have nothing to do inside Grayskull.
    Oh, don't get me wrong it still would be a little weird logically unless you think of CG as having a big courtyard in the middle of it. Which is actually how I used to think of it as a kid. But at least this would make more sense than a Wind Raider. I'm not holding my breath either, just engaging in some fun speculation.

I still enjoy having fun with this line.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

If too many people cancel their pre-orders, Mattel will scrap Castle Grayskull.
    If no improvements are made, then maybe that would be for the best.

(Note: Not wishing the death of the line, but if CG isn't the one fans want, no reason to "force" it on anyone.)

But I really hope it doesn't come to an entire cancelation. That would make everybody involve look really bad.

I don't think a mass amount of people cancelling their subscriptions fixed it.
    The difference is that pretty much no one is going to cancel their entire subscription based on a single affected figure, whereas Grayskull is a one-off item.

If people had the choice to cancel a pre-order on a FIGURE they knew was going to be made with black plastic, then that would be a more accurate comparison.

Heroic Warrior
    Quite honestly I'd rather have no Castle at all than having this "out of scale" Castle. That's why I didn't support it in the first place and have no intentions in buying it now. I just knew that something like this would happen. I'm really sad that I will never be able to have a proper MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS Castle Grayskull, in scale with my figures. It will not be made now, and it will never be made in the future. But I'm also happy, in a bad way, because this time I was not fooled by these guys. That's something I truely hate to say, and I would just love to be wrong this time around, and would love to see Mattel deliver. I would most certainly bite the bullet and get it on the secondary market.

If I had sign up for it I would cancel it right away regardless of anything. I'm sorry but I always expect quality from Mattel. If people just want to have a pile of ****, wraped up, and stamped with "MOTUC" on it then please have it your way. I don't want the line to die, because I'll still get the figures (I just subscribed for Filmation), but I will not accept any crap.

And if someone expects that they will fix anything come SDCC if people don't act right away... you must be kidding right?

This line is flawed like hell. It's a shame because it had all the potential to be one of the best, if not the very best. Ok that's very subjective, but if it were run properly it would be right there on top. The line started very well, but after a few screw ups it has been a free fall. Quite a shame for such an awesome property like He-man.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not sure how anyone can look at this new castle and say to themselves "yep I'm good" . While the Sculpt looks ok it's just not right for classics . Classics are 7" figures not 6" so each floor needs to be at least 8" high . It simply doesn't look good with figures heads scraping the ceiling above them . The space between the ceiling and the floor is almost the same as the vintage castle . And that playset is made for 5" figures . I don't think anyone was expecting a 3'6" monster castle for 250 but simply that the new figures would at least work in it . Skeletor's Havoc Staff Will not be able to Be posed vertically in his hand while inside . No other playset produced by mattel is this tight on head clearance .
    And they have made a few that are larger than even the "B" sheet castle . I hate to even bring up the Windraider pie section . I know the Windraider won't actually fit inside . The wingspan of the Windraider is just over 17" . The front of the castle is only about 15" from wall to wall . I'm very disappointed . However I will wait to Cancel After SDCC . Lets hope they somehow surprise us and not treat us like the Hoverboard fans .

I think a massive amount of cancelations would be nefarious to the entire project, but I do agree that now is the time to request changes, not after SDCC. And it's in Mattel's own intrest to address those requests and present the fanbase with some options, either by paying more or rearranging the budget and reducing accessories, doesn't matter.

I listened to the RGD episodes about the castle again and the current prototype is but a shadow of the Castle Grayskull he was selling on that show. At one point Scott even assured the audience that they would probably get a lot more than what was promised in the B-sheet, but certainly not less since that was "legally" not possible ... his own words.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I listened to the RGD episodes about the castle again and the current prototype is but a shadow of the Castle Grayskull he was selling on that show. At one point Scott even assured the audience that they would probably get a lot more than what was promised in the B-sheet, but certainly not less since that was "legally" not possible ... his own words.
    Some have speculated that allowing for cancelations is the way they're getting around that.

But man, I think I'm done reading or listening to anything Scott previously said about this Grayskull, as it only makes me like him even less.

Heroic Warrior
    Some have speculated that allowing for cancelations is the way they're getting around that.

But man, I think I'm done reading or listening to anything Scott previously said about this Grayskull, as it only makes me like him even less.
    Wholeheartedly agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by IrrepressibleDH View Post
    Wholeheartedly agreed.
    So the IrrepressibleDH caves and finally buys into MOTUC?! Glad to see you decided to give in.

Though If you are not the real IrrepressibleDH then you will have no idea what I ma talking about!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Acting on pure impulse, I bought a second Castle this morning.

I bought my first during the initial pre-order, this second one may end up being sold but I just felt that I would want to keep the first one as pristine as possible whereas buying another would give me more room to mess around with it.

Madness.
    THE KEY! GET THE KEY!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    [QUOTE=horseman1981;3223470]

If your not rooting for the home team,get out of the stadium.

But the cancelation thread is wrong and in my opinion should be closed.[/QUOTE

As an red-blooded American these statements rub me the wrong way.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    So the IrrepressibleDH caves and finally buys into MOTUC?! Glad to see you decided to give in.

Though If you are not the real IrrepressibleDH then you will have no idea what I ma talking about!
    Heh, yeah, it's me mate! Only been collecting since before Christmas but only need a few more figures now. Have a look at my FB customs page, we could get some trades going or something.

And much respect for your stance on the last Gooble dinner. Was refreshing to listen to, you were bang on the money about CG. I want my He-Man and Battle Cat to ride through the drawbridge too!

I just ordered a Castle Grayskull. The fighting in this thread is really a bummer so I didn't read it all. I just hope when the final product gets into our hands, we'll be able to be happy with it. I am glad that there is a cancel option through SDCC. If it's a disappointment by that time I'll have to consider cancelling. But for now I'm going to remain positive and hopeful that it will be awesome.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    At one point Scott even assured the audience that they would probably get a lot more than what was promised in the B-sheet, but certainly not less since that was "legally" not possible ... his own words.
    This blows my mind, now I like Scott he seems like a cool guy, but man some one needs to be in trouble with the boss for this one

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    If your not rooting for the home team,get out of the stadium.
    Not everyone in any home stadium, no matter the sports venue, is rooting for the home team.

Not that I'm agreeing or disagreeing with the rest of your post, but this one part I do disagree with.

Just because a person may not think the way I do, I would never tell them that they are not allowed to express their opinion no matter how contradictory to my stance it may be. It's their right just as it is mine. And I have the right to ignore it just as everyone else does to ignore mine.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; March 4, 2013 at 02:02pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    If people are unhappy, then they shouldn't support the Castle. The thread is for like-minded fans to gather who might feel alienated because they felt unhappy towards the castle.

However, I would advise them not to make a knee-jerk cancellation and wait until the final version is revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I think some fans are very angry at TG, Mattel and Digital River. They are tired of Mattel saying one misleading thing and doing another. Unfortunately this anger is so great that MOTUC failing would be the ultimate way to flip off TG and Mattel. Every defeat the line suffers could be seen by these fans as further vindication that their disgust is legitimate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Not everyone in any home stadium, no matter the sports venue, is rooting for the home team.

Not that I'm agreeing or disagreeing with the rest of your post, but this one part I do disagree with.

Just because a person may not think the way I do, I would never tell that that they are not allowed to express their opinion no matter how contradictory to my stance it may be. It's their right just as it is mine. And I have the right to ignore it just as everyone else does to ignore mine.
    What kinda evil overlord are you? Free will? You're slipping Benny.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    What kinda evil overlord are you? Free will? You're slipping Benny.
    Predictability is for the good guys.

Good thing is that evil people like you and I don't have to worry about that.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by nuno View Post
    Quite honestly I'd rather have no Castle at all than having this "out of scale" Castle. That's why I didn't support it in the first place and have no intentions in buying it now. I just knew that something like this would happen. I'm really sad that I will never be able to have a proper MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS Castle Grayskull, in scale with my figures. It will not be made now, and it will never be made in the future. But I'm also happy, in a bad way, because this time I was not fooled by these guys.
    Wholeheartedly agreed.

My trust on Mattel has gone for long now.
    And, to my opinion, the way Scott manages the things worsens the situation.
    Scott, absolutely no offense but how can you claim for credibility in front of us? A few months ago you were doing heaps of videos to make us pre-order the CG and reach the quota (remember the CG thermometer) talking to us as if you were "our best pal in the world".
    And now, to manage the disapointment of customers you are just "hiding" behind the legal things ("if you are unhappy you can cancel your pre-order"). You do not hear to the fans/customers. They don"t care about some extra features (like the key hole near the door), they would just like to be able to display their 7" action figures in front of a door which is not the door of an Hobbit hole

I have not seen this posted yet: If Mattel has distant plans to do any MOTUC playsets in the future - like Snake Mountain - these playsets will probably have to be in scale with Castle Grayskull. Whatever the scale of Castle Grayskull ends up to be. But in few years if and when Snake Mountain is released the price of plastic might be so high that if the CG is done according to the B-sheet and Snake Mountain has to match that scale too, then future playsets might get so expensive that nobody will be able to afford to buy them. Unless you want big CG and Snake Mountain that is done in different (smaller) scale than CG, right? With smaller CG now, SM will be equally smaller and thus taking future price rise into account, making it (hopefully) affordable.
    So are you really sure you want the CG to be according to the original specs? Just asking.