Page 148 of 186 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    This is my moneybox for the castle, every month I add somethin'...
    http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/2204/dsc2405m.jpg
    1:1 scale!
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    1:1 scale!
    Hey! I'm a professionist! Of course it's big like the real one that we'll have in december!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

After seeing the Lego Star Wars Ewok Village, I am officially on the fence ready to cancel my order. The final product at SDCC better impress me.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    This is my moneybox for the castle, every month I add somethin'...
    http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/2204/dsc2405m.jpg
    Another post that deserves a like!
    ----------------------------------------
    I HAVE... ...THE FLOUR!!!
    ~WUN-DAR

One of the things that folks need to remember around here is that Mattel's staff CAN DO BETTER, it's just that they choose not to.

For around 300 dollars, one could easily purchase several of the Marvel "Diamond Select" Edition figures, the TMNT Sewer playset and a Star Wars "Return of the Jedi" AT-AT. That's two massive playsets, plus several amazingly detailed figures that sell for around 20-23 dollars each, shipped.

........Or, you could just blow it all on this undersized version of "Castle Grayskull."

Not here to make trouble, but Mattel is FOS if they think it's wise to provoke the anger of their already dwindling customers.

- - - Updated - - -
    @ the Poster who mentioned calling the manager's manager at Mattycollector.com in order to cancel your payment...

Good for you.

You could have also mentioned a potential lawsuit against them for false advertising if they refused to give you your money back and/or cancel your order.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaw Bridge View Post
    One of the things that folks need to remember around here is that Mattel's staff CAN DO BETTER, it's just that they choose not to.

For around 300 dollars, one could easily purchase several of the Marvel "Diamond Select" Edition figures, the TMNT Sewer playset and a Star Wars "Return of the Jedi" AT-AT. That's two massive playsets, plus several amazingly detailed figures that sell for around 20-23 dollars each, shipped.

........Or, you could just blow it all on this undersized version of "Castle Grayskull."

Not here to make trouble, but Mattel is FOS if they think it's wise to provoke the anger of their already dwindling customers.
    I understand what you are saying but I think that this is a different situation than with the other items and companies you mention.

I totally agree that MATTEL could definately "do better" if they wanted for sure. If Mattel wanted to throw more resource at this project and the line in general then yes, I am sure the final product we see at SDCC could be bigger, badder and better. They are the biggest toy company in the world, but they are a business and as we have been told several times the resource put into this line would make them far more profit if they used it on their other lines such as Barbie and Hot Wheels. Like it or not, there are not as many of us MOTU customers (not just fans, but customers willing to buy product) as we think there are and as sad as it makes me I accept that Mattel can make far more money seeling toys to kids instead of pandering to us 30 something collectors.

Mattel has given a certain amount of resource to the MOTUC line and it has been driven by a particularly divisive but passionate brand manager, a very dedicated team and amazing and enthusiastic work by the sculpters. I think that it is fine to say MATTEL could do better, but I think Scott's team and "Mattel's Staff" do the best they can and go over and above for fans with the limited resource they have available to them. Mattel do not see this line as a cash cow, they see it as putting the fan base "on hold" and keep us ticking over in the hope that a movie comes along and as a vehicle to kick start a Matty Collector site.

As a result the Castle Grayskull we are seeing has the same limitations - yes I would like it to be bigger and have more stuff and be cheaper, but it is produced in far smaller quantities, it is made by a smaller team, it has less resource and it is less important to the top brass at Mattel. Hard for us to hear, but in my opinion that is just the way it is. To compare it to a product like the TMNT play set that is mass produced for retail and has a far, far greater quantity is a bit meaningless to my mind no offence. Collectors stuff costs more because there is less of a market for it and lower runs cost companies more money.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

2013 has been a terrible year for this line (the mid-year "subscription service opportunity" was one glaring red flag of many), and Cottage Grayskull is the icing on the cake.

Bad behavior from Mattel's "team" are what drives the fans away, not the fans themselves. The fans don't have as much money to spend due to horrible economic conditions these days, which is why I am making a point about other great things to spend money on.

You are defending a group of people that systematically make decisions to deny the fans what they want, while simultaneously throwing things at them that they don't want (and certainly not for over 30+ dollars a figure).

The Diamond Select figures are superior in so many ways, and for less money.

The MOTUC line could easily stay alive at 20-22 dollars a figure, but the price increase was made for Mattel's profit, not for "production costs."

Have you even seen Diamond Select Magneto or Hulk?

I have and I think the Hulk is horrible looking.
    Magneto is nice looking but the Hulk is terrible IMO.

I'd take any MOTUC figure over that Hulk any day. The only thing I do like is the base. I wish MOTUC figures came with unique bases.

Heroic Warrior
    I think Mattel could sell MOTUC for $10 and they would still make a huge profit. I have no facts to back that up, but of course that is completely unnecessary.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    I think Mattel could sell MOTUC for $10 and they would still make a huge profit. I have no facts to back that up, but of course that is completely unnecessary.
    Yup. Look at NECA and their 1/4 scale figures.

For example Iron Man, he was made in limited quantities (7500) which drives cost up and yet it retails for less than $100, came with accessories, has multiple lights, is loaded with articulation and has a stellar paint job. NECA also has to pay licensing costs, which must be passed on to us.
    Contact BadVermin for all your customs and repaints.

2013 has been a terrible year for this line (the mid-year "subscription service opportunity" was one glaring red flag of many), and Cottage Grayskull is the icing on the cake.

Bad behavior from Mattel's "team" are what drives the fans away, not the fans themselves. The fans don't have as much money to spend due to horrible economic conditions these days, which is why I am making a point about other great things to spend money on.

You are defending a group of people that systematically make decisions to deny the fans what they want, while simultaneously throwing things at them that they don't want (and certainly not for over 30+ dollars a figure).

The Diamond Select figures are superior in so many ways, and for less money.

The MOTUC line could easily stay alive at 20-22 dollars a figure, but the price increase was made for Mattel's profit, not for "production costs."

I believe them when they explain why costs have gone up, and I see that rise reflected in other toy lines which have also gone up in the last few years. If you know that the MOTUC line could easily stay alive at 20-22 dollars a figure then I would love to see your evidence and sources. Honestly, if they can then great, I don't want to pay more than I have to

I am going to presume (always dangerous) that you don't have the proof that they could drop prices like that, but that you are just frustrated with the brand and the company and don't believe a word they say. Which is fine, I totally understand being frustrated with the line, but I think that in this case, the evidence is on their side when it comes to increased costs. I agree that issues with Matty and DR and for some, Scott himself have made some fans think again about the line, but polls and discussions here and elsewhere don't point to that being the main reason people are leaving the line - shipping costs seem to be far more important for example (again a problem with a small non-retail line like this)

We are all fans here and all very passionate about the line - I honestly think 2013 has been a great year so far. Loved just about every figure. That is just it, everybody likes what they like. If you like the Diamond Select toys then I am very glad they are available for you.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Warrior
    Is there a possibility to have someone sculpt the MOTUC front in a proper scale?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    I believe them when they explain why costs have gone up, and I see that rise reflected in other toy lines which have also gone up in the last few years. If you know that the MOTUC line could easily stay alive at 20-22 dollars a figure then I would love to see your evidence and sources. Honestly, if they can then great, I don't want to pay more than I have to
    The Mattel Unlimited Batman and Darksied figures use the exact the same buck as MOTUC figures, but Mattel has to pay a $$$ license fee to DC for the rights. The MOTUC licence for Mattel is free and yet the Unlimited figures cost $10-20 less.
    Contact BadVermin for all your customs and repaints.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post
    The Mattel Unlimited Batman and Darksied figures use the exact the same buck as MOTUC figures, but Mattel has to pay a $$$ license fee to DC for the rights. The MOTUC licence for Mattel is free and yet the Unlimited figures cost $10-20 less.
    Yeah, that's because about (insert absurdly large number here) more units of Batman and Darkseid will be sold than any MOTUC figure. To compare price points of MOTUC to DCU (Unlimited or otherwise) is fallacious at best.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Heroic Warrior
    I have to be in the minority... but I really do not LIKE that sewer playset... It looks about as wide as ONE PART of grayskull... and just goes 'up'. There is very little 'play area' as most of the spots on there are just ledges...

Not to mention that there is a Massive amount of Cardboard there... I dealt with that on my 1989 batcave and hated it...

Honestly, I wish Grayskull was cheaper of course.... but I still pick this over the sewer set...

- - - Updated - - -

Has this really not made this thread yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak.de
    1. We know that we will see the final Castle Grayskull at SDCC. But can you tell us already, if there have been more accessories cut and if you could figure out how to lower the jawbridge?

At this point we have not cut anything shown at NYTF and yes, the Jaw Bridge has been lowered into the base to accommodate more room for figures!
    I expected the forums to be all kinds of giddy

New to forum old to line. Been on board w motu since getting he-man back in 1981

For me as a 36 year old dad with 5 year old watching the secret of the sword every fortnight the castle grayskull is epic. I'm in the minority but to actually get an improved larger recreation of old skull from the vintage series makes me all kinds of excited.

Really really did not think we would ever see any kind of grayskull again...... Considering all the changes in toy production and focus..... Thanks matty I'm now down for two hoping for three! ( one for my son to open and abuse with all the epic battles, one for me to open and play with/display?, and one to stay minty)

I just realized the other day day how close we are to Grayskull...I was looking at old pictures of my collection in the 12 - 30 figure stages...never thought then I would get a castle to put them in...

You can't measure one toy line against another and how they are run...Hasbro had a gold mine and they screwed it up beyond belief...they were making a $200 - $300 BMF toy every year and selling it out...until they got stupid and stopped making the ones people wanted...and made odd obsure ones...nobody even knew what they were...then they didn't sell and then they made them smaller...then they 'put the line on hold until 2015'....

And last report we had...the door is lower and nothing got cut from SDCC in final work...THAT IS GREAT NEWS!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Heroic Warrior
    Toyguru: "At this point we have not cut anything shown at NYTF and yes, the Jaw Bridge has been lowered into the base to accommodate more room for figures!"

That is great news indeed. I believe this was the biggest overall gripe among the customers. My wallet's scared, but I'm excited.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post
    The Mattel Unlimited Batman and Darksied figures use the exact the same buck as MOTUC figures
    No they don't, but I assume we'll call this Toyguru lying too.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    No they don't, but I assume we'll call this Toyguru lying too.
    Actually, it's in between. Initially TG said only the shoulders were supposed to be re-used, but did say he needed to double check that as he wasn't 100% sure. As far as the final figures go, I sat with Batman and He-Man side by side, and the re-used parts are the arms down to the gloves, the legs down to the boots and the whole hip assembly under the trunks. The chest is new and the abs look new, as well as the obvious Bat pieces. So he has new tooling, but there is as much re-use of MOTU parts as some of the MOTU figures that use He-Man as a base.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure Oz View Post
    New to forum old to line. Been on board w motu since getting he-man back in 1981

For me as a 36 year old dad with 5 year old watching the secret of the sword every fortnight the castle grayskull is epic. I'm in the minority but to actually get an improved larger recreation of old skull from the vintage series makes me all kinds of excited.

Really really did not think we would ever see any kind of grayskull again...... Considering all the changes in toy production and focus..... Thanks matty I'm now down for two hoping for three! ( one for my son to open and abuse with all the epic battles, one for me to open and play with/display?, and one to stay minty)
    Word.
    God I hate Stratos.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    7. Can head clearance inside the castle be improved for the figures placed inside on the different floors?

No, we won't be able to adjust the spacing of the floors, but there is more than enough space for MOTUC figures on each section.
    It's a shame the floors aren't being addressed. In the NYTF photos, Roboto is nearly scraping his head on the top floor. It looks like it would have been an easy fix to move it up another inch and it would still close underneath of the throne room floor. If it stays at that height, I honestly would have preferred losing the extra floor on the elevator side and just done three floors on the entrance side.

With that said, I'm still excited to see the final version at SDCC - more than seeing the new figure reveals!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureRetro View Post
    ... I'm still excited to see the final version at SDCC - more than seeing the new figure reveals!

Same here. The figures are poop. Let's see the castle (with new drawbridge)!

And you know this how?

First off costs have gone up everywhere from gas to materials to labor. Shipping costs went up slightly do to high gas prices, China is charging mattel more for is labor and the cost of raw materials to make the figurs has been going up for years. The cost increase of $5.00 for MOTUC's was so that no more accessories or deco gets cut or that black plastic gets used.

You are entitled to your opinion on this matter but the examples I have given are fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure Oz View Post

NICE
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    The cost increase of $5.00 for MOTUC's was so that no more accessories or deco gets cut or that black plastic gets used.
    Careful, there. The cost of Grayskull originally increased by $50.00 so no accessories or deco would get cut.

But...we can always hope for the best, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Holy cow! I just saw ZOMBIHAMMA-AI's custom Castle Grayskulls & I'm amazed! Might get one before he gets a "Cease & Desist" order from corporate Mattel...

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eCastleOfPower

Above address is the Facebook page. If it doesn't work, just type "The Castle of Power" on Facebook. Quite cool.