Page 154 of 186 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I finally saw Pixel-Dan's walkthrough and it does sound like everything will still be included with the Castle. Toyguru specifically mentioned the Weapons Rack won't come with it, but all the silver weapons will (no mention of that silver Power Sword, which is actually cool because it matches Adora's ).

I'm VERY happy with Castle Grayskull. They fixed everything everyone was worried about.

I really can't see why anyone would cancel their pre-orders now, unless they just won't have the money for it...or space, because this thing is pretty darn massive!

EDIT:

Also, Sorceress 2.0 would be AMAZING! Toyguru said IF this would happen, it would probably be after 2015 or 2016 and probably would have soft goods wings. I say, release her like that as Kuduk Ungol with alternate regular Sorceress head...that way we get another new character OR the regular Sorceress. Also, it would be nice to get Teela 1.0 thighs this time around (like ToD Sorceress has). Oh, and a spellcasting hand (or TWO!). People keep asking for those.

http://frankshemanpage.net/origin04.JPG
    What he said! I would gladly have this than any of the NA or other Filmation figures. Great idea!
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

If they'd only made the Sorceress' wings a plug in on her back (non collapsible, an opened and a closed version), she would fit just fine in that chair.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I finally saw Pixel-Dan's walkthrough and it does sound like everything will still be included with the Castle. Toyguru specifically mentioned the Weapons Rack won't come with it, but all the silver weapons will (no mention of that silver Power Sword, which is actually cool because it matches Adora's ).

I'm VERY happy with Castle Grayskull. They fixed everything everyone was worried about.

I really can't see why anyone would cancel their pre-orders now, unless they just won't have the money for it...or space, because this thing is pretty darn massive!

EDIT:

Also, Sorceress 2.0 would be AMAZING! Toyguru said IF this would happen, it would probably be after 2015 or 2016 and probably would have soft goods wings. I say, release her like that as Kuduk Ungol with alternate regular Sorceress head...that way we get another new character OR the regular Sorceress. Also, it would be nice to get Teela 1.0 thighs this time around (like ToD Sorceress has). Oh, and a spellcasting hand (or TWO!). People keep asking for those.

http://frankshemanpage.net/origin04.JPG

Yes the castle looks good enough for me to keep my PO. It can be a bit bigger but not bad enough for me to drop it. The box art is much better than I expected. I was really expecting it to be nothing like the retro art. But I just saw it and liked it! Now let's get a real sorceress 2.0 who can sit correctly in the castle. She is the main character I want in my castle 24hrs a day. Lol... Come on matty please! We all need a correct sorceress 2.0!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    If they'd only made the Sorceress' wings a plug in on her back (non collapsible, an opened and a closed version), she would fit just fine in that chair.
    Eh. I'd rather not have an extra set of wings lying around.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

I would really love a Sorceress 2.0 with wings designed similar to Shadow Weaver's cloak. I like the one we have for display, but having one to fit into the Grayskull properly would be awesome.

Did we ever get dimensions of the castle when closed? I re-watched the video of ToyGuru after NYTF, but he never closes it to get a measurement. I honestly don't know where I'm going to put this thing if its too wide to set on top of my Detolf cases. And by the looks of the base, I can almost guarantee that you can't swing open both halves so that they are in a straight line. Oh well, first world problems I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureRetro View Post
    Did we ever get dimensions of the castle when closed? I re-watched the video of ToyGuru after NYTF, but he never closes it to get a measurement. I honestly don't know where I'm going to put this thing if its too wide to set on top of my Detolf cases. And by the looks of the base, I can almost guarantee that you can't swing open both halves so that they are in a straight line. Oh well, first world problems I guess.
    It looks way too big for a Detolf to me.

Yeah, the top of the Detolf is 14.5 inches. So both halves would need to be about 7 inches deep each. They're probably closer to 9 inches or so I would think.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    I almost played with the Castle daily during the COMIC CON, to the point where the two mattel ladies were like, chitchatting with me and letting me pose the figures as I pleased. I fixed the sorceress's wings so that they wouldn't be that spread out on day two!

As for the silver sword, it is REALLY NICE. I specifically asked Toyguru about it and he said YES, the silver sword will be included with the Castle, a nice nod to the silver sword that came with the 200X castle... Now if only they gave us a VAC METAL power sword!

And once and for all, in case not enough people have come forward to nail this, YES, the castle is absolutely overwhelmingly HUGE. Like, 'where-the-heck-am-I-gonna-put-this-at-home' huge. it's not a playset, it's a STATEMENT. Anyone who has this thing out in a room is really going to get a lot of reactions from people. It's MASSIVE and truly impressive.

I looked closely at the spring-loaded mechanism that allows the door to unlock. it's pretty cool. There's also a lot of room now that the interior of the walls have been hollowed out. It makes a considerable difference. On the negative side, the shield bearing the two swords looks a bit out of place (hanging from a grotto wall!) But the play value is really better. I was always a fervent ennemy of having negative walls intead of sculpted interiors, but seeing it for myself, it looks really nice. It almost looks like it's sculpted. It makes it very mysterious and ominous.

So yeah. Can't wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Any one at the con notice what the color of the castle looked like compared to all the pictures we see? I kind of would like a little bit more shading of both the black and off green variety. In the pictures the base green looks a little washed out compared to the vintage. Was it just the flash from cameras, or is that the way it looks? I know it's not final, but. was just wondering.

Also, does anyone have a problem with the front of the Jawbridge being painted brown? The filmation and Vintage door front was green. Anyone seen any media where it was brown? I'm gonna have to photoshop it to see which color door I prefer. Right now the door looks a little off, but it might be the silver stuff isn't tarnished enough...

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Any one at the con notice what the color of the castle looked like compared to all the pictures we see? I kind of would like a little bit more shading of both the black and off green variety. In the pictures the base green looks a little washed out compared to the vintage. Was it just the flash from cameras, or is that the way it looks? I know it's not final, but. was just wondering.

Also, does anyone have a problem with the front of the Jawbridge being painted brown? The filmation and Vintage door front was green. Anyone seen any media where it was brown? I'm gonna have to photoshop it to see which color door I prefer. Right now the door looks a little off, but it might be the silver stuff isn't tarnished enough...
    Wasn't the 200x CG brown?

so when is this thing coming out now It does look good.. but I'll have no place to put it! Need to buy some kind of glass shelf enclosure
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Quote Originally Posted by mk1138 View Post
    Wasn't the 200x CG brown?
    Yes, but that is the furthest from this design. This design is more vintage, minicomics, vintage prototype, filmation.

The castle from 200x cartoon was awesome, but way different than this.

When do we have to cancel by?
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Definitely still getting this. I think the adjustment to the jawbridge worked fine; the figures have good clearance now. My problem is going to be getting it in a place where I can set up some sort of turntable, because I want to be able to see both the exterior and the interior. That, or simply set it up so I can easily turn it around in the display every so often. I really wish there hadn't been all the controversy and that Mattel had been more careful in playing up things they weren't able to do in the end; had we not been led to expect something a bit bigger, I don't think there's be quite so many folks talking about cancelling. This should have been something we were all gushing about, finally getting the castle for this line. It's sad that some needless mistakes on Mattel's part cast a shadow over it in the end...

Regardless, it's still a great playset, and worth getting, at least to me.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    so when is this thing coming out now It does look good.. but I'll have no place to put it! Need to buy some kind of glass shelf enclosure
    It now comes out in November.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

A month early!!!

I'm just giddy to put the early characters and vehicles with this. Recreating those early Alcala's minicomic scenes with the Castle. 8-back only characters with the Sky Sled, Wind Raider and Battlecat.

Coolest playset ever, just got its upgrade finally.

Still so very thankful we're even getting this Castle! And again, so happy more fans have seen first hand just how big it is!

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    A month early!!!

I'm just giddy to put the early characters and vehicles with this. Recreating those early Alcala's minicomic scenes with the Castle. 8-back only characters with the Sky Sled, Wind Raider and Battlecat.

Coolest playset ever, just got its upgrade finally.

Still so very thankful we're even getting this Castle! And again, so happy more fans have seen first hand just how big it is!

Yes. Giddy just about does it. Too bad the battle ram is missing.

Just wanna throw my 2 post-comic-con cents in, guys, it is a freakin behemoth!!!! Yeah, I suppose maaaaybe it couldda been a tad taller, but I really do not think ANYone will complain after they actually get it. Cuz it really is enormous.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    - Why is there a hole in the floor of Castle Graysjull Sorceress?

- Is an ancient device created for unknown purposes He-man...
    Last edited by Snake Hunter; July 27, 2013 at 08:42am.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    When do we have to cancel by?
    Wondering the same. I'm still undecided. The castle itself is underwhelming to me, but the box art is great.
    Check out my blog about toys and food: http://toysandbacon.blogspot.com/

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I would really love a Sorceress 2.0 with wings designed similar to Shadow Weaver's cloak. I like the one we have for display, but having one to fit into the Grayskull properly would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulgem View Post
    Wondering the same. I'm still undecided. The castle itself is underwhelming to me, but the box art is great.
    same here but I am stressed about the sub pb

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I would really love a Sorceress 2.0 with wings designed similar to Shadow Weaver's cloak.
    I concur! Perhaps they could sell it outside the sub?

Take a look at the blaster pistol in the middle of this photo, please.

Itīs one of the brandnew accessories of the MOTUC Castle Grayskull.
    I have NO idea where the inspiration for this design came from. Itīs not the pistol from the vintage Grayskull (that design has already been made for MOTUC and is also visible in the upper part of this photo). Itīs also not part of the vintage Grayskull sticker sheet, no matter how often I see that statement written anywhere. Although there are two pistols drawn, non looks even remotly like this pistol seen here. I know it, I already built both in lifesize
    So, can anyone shed some light on this matter? Iīd love to hear where exactly this piece came from.
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!