Page 159 of 186 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Did we ever get final real dimensions now that Grayskull is plastic and probably won't change shape anymore? I thought that Toyguru posted this somewhere...including the cross dimension if the castle is 1/4 open.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Latest Q&A:

4. FutureRetro: Now that we have seen a close-to-final version of Castle Grayskull, may we have NEW measurements of the castle INCLUDING the depth of the castle when closed?

Top to bottom (including pawn) = 24.4 inches
    Left to right closed = 15.7 x 21.7 inches (length x width)
    Left to right open = 29.4 x 25.6 inches; 34.25 inches diagonally
    Jaw bridge opening height = 7.75 inches
    Back door height = 7 inches
    Height between different levels = base: 1.5 inches; height between level 1 ground and ceiling: 8.25 inches; height between level 2 ground and ceiling: 8.5 inches; level 3 to top point: 6.5 inches

I'm more interested about it's weight though.. Having glass shelves it's quite an important factor to me.. ;-)
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robaczek View Post
    Latest Q&A:

4. FutureRetro: Now that we have seen a close-to-final version of Castle Grayskull, may we have NEW measurements of the castle INCLUDING the depth of the castle when closed?

Height between different levels = base: 1.5 inches; height between level 1 ground and ceiling: 8.25 inches; height between level 2 ground and ceiling: 8.5 inches; level 3 to top point: 6.5 inches

I'm more interested about it's weight though.. Having glass shelves it's quite an important factor to me.. ;-)
    That's awesome! I thought it looked like the figures had more head room on the different levels. Mattel truly did fix all the issues I had with Castle Grayskull. Now I'm more excited than ever for its arrival! I hope it still comes with plenty of weapons and accessories!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    It would be nice, if they make more generic or repainted weapons and accessories to arm up the castle with stuff in the future... more stuff=more fun...

Alright gang, our next mission is to find a suitable Lazy Susan upon which to place this baby! I'm hoping to find a nice big wooden one in white to match my shelves. If anyone finds such a beast, or anything good, chime in here!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by robaczek View Post
    Latest Q&A:

Is 15, 7" the depth when closed?

Chewer of Trollans
    I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere else... I've looked...
    Is the sword slot the only way to open the jawbridge? My experience is that these types of gimmicks are the first to wear out, so I was wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Alright gang, our next mission is to find a suitable Lazy Susan upon which to place this baby! I'm hoping to find a nice big wooden one in white to match my shelves. If anyone finds such a beast, or anything good, chime in here!

Most definitely. Once people start receiving their Castles I'm sure we'll be seeing some good Lazy Susans. In the spirit of the name, I am lazy and will wait for someone else to find a good one and ask where they got it before getting one myself .

Heroic Warrior
    Why not use the ones you put a TV on.

I found some really nice, large lazy susans. But some of them are as much as Grayksull! I saw a huge glass one, but it was $275! The thing is, of course, the lazy susan doesn't have to be that huge - just turn well. And you can put some kind of board on top of it to make it suitable for holding Grayskull. I"m a long way off from buying anything until I figure out where to put it! And that's probably going to be after I move.

Quote Originally Posted by tenno View Post
    I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere else... I've looked...
    Is the sword slot the only way to open the jawbridge? My experience is that these types of gimmicks are the first to wear out, so I was wondering.
    Interesting question. I don't know if it's been asked. My instinct says there will be, just because there usually is a back-up just in-case someone doesn't have the thing needed to make the gimmick work.

Toyguru just replied to a question that Castle Grayskull will now have real metal chains for the prison...very cool!!!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    Toyguru just replied to a question that Castle Grayskull will now have real metal chains for the prison...very cool!!!
    Seriously? Where?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

This thing is going to be awesome... I can not wait!!!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I found some interesting ones on Amazon. The wooden ones are gonna run ya upwards of $200 or more. And those are like 24in size. Isn't the width like 26in or so?

I also found some pretty cool motorized turntables on Amazon, which might be kinda cool. Much smaller and cheaper of course. Hehe. I don't know how much it weighs but some of the motorized ones can hold up to 50 lbs!!!

I'm exploring display options myself. This thing is gonna be soooo much fun to mess around with when it comes. I can't wait!!!!
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

I cannot wait the close to final one at PowerCon!!
    I hope they let us play with it like at ComicCon!!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    Excellent!!!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I found some really nice, large lazy susans. But some of them are as much as Grayksull! I saw a huge glass one, but it was $275! The thing is, of course, the lazy susan doesn't have to be that huge - just turn well. And you can put some kind of board on top of it to make it suitable for holding Grayskull. I"m a long way off from buying anything until I figure out where to put it! And that's probably going to be after I move.

You can make one yourself for like $10 +the cost of whatever wood you want to use. (They are very simple to make...just need a jigsaw, a screwgun/drill, and bits).

EDIT: Here's a good tutorial. http://www.ronhazelton.com/projects/...d_a_lazy_susan
    Last edited by WDWFreak53; August 28, 2013 at 02:27pm.

Quote Originally Posted by TJRules View Post
    I found some interesting ones on Amazon. The wooden ones are gonna run ya upwards of $200 or more. And those are like 24in size. Isn't the width like 26in or so?

I also found some pretty cool motorized turntables on Amazon, which might be kinda cool. Much smaller and cheaper of course. Hehe. I don't know how much it weighs but some of the motorized ones can hold up to 50 lbs!!!

I'm exploring display options myself. This thing is gonna be soooo much fun to mess around with when it comes. I can't wait!!!!
    Maybe the ones you searched for were coated in gold?

This one on a popular auction site which shall remain linkless.

$27.99 + $7.95 shipping.

1 Lazy Susan Turntable Serving Spin Tray - 28" Round - Baltic Birch Wood - NEW
    Last edited by ninja man; August 28, 2013 at 02:41pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Last edited by nuno; September 3, 2013 at 05:35pm.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja man View Post

$27.99 + $7.95 shipping.

Haha! Must've been. Wow, good find. But it IS an auction site though, so do you think that would be the final price? I don't know...

And you could always make your own, Uki.

I may have to consider a motorized bad boy though. Castle Grayskull spinning around in my basement... heck YES.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I am going to make my own with a *drumroll* square piece of wood...I have some other "art" pieces that I need to display beside grayskull like a certain tombstone...
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

I have considered making one; it could be fun!

I really might just wait until I have CGM in hand. Then I can fiddle with what space I have and see what works best. Until that's finalized, it may just be in the center of the floor in my ToyRoom, where I'll be living once it arrives!!!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I thought of McGyvering up some sort of turntable for it, but where I'm putting it, it will be easily accessible, so i'm just going to flip it around every so often to enjoy the front and interior.

As for the chains, that's actually pretty cool. Possibly economical, as well; it might be cheaper to buy regular chain than manufacture a plastic version (unless they did a cheap version that wasn't individual links, but one solid piece, which wouldn't fly here).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Hanging With The Horsemen Episode 4 is up!

http://www.powerlordsreturn.com/?p=1213

No Castle stuff here, but ...

for those of you who haven't seen the first three episodes and want to catch up (there's lots of Castle Grayskull stuff in these).

Lots of behind-the-scenes Castle Grayskull stuff in

Episode Three:

http://www.powerlordsreturn.com/?p=1156

And for those of you who haven't seen the first two episodes and want to catch up on more Castle stuff.

Here's Episode Two

http://www.powerlordsreturn.com/?p=1081

And Episode One.

http://www.powerlordsreturn.com/?p=1068

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja man View Post

$27.99 + $7.95 shipping.

I think that's just the tray. The listing says, "Does not include a turntable bearing." Doesn't that mean it doesn't have the bottom part which enables the tray to spin?
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com