Page 167 of 183 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,175 of 4571

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

No way in Hades am I waiting to open it on Christmas. In fact... The minute I hear it's at home, I might be taking a half personal day off to get home and begin the adventures with my kids. They're just as excited for it as I am.

I pre-Ordered it the day it went up for sale so I hope mine is in that early batch.

I know exactly where my Castle will live out most of it's days... My studio/office has a little bit of open floorspace... It'll just be there on the floor, with whatever figures my son is playing with at the time. I expect that he'll put a fair amount of play wear on this thing... As much as I'm going to love it as a collector, and even with some of my minor involvement with it... This Castle is just as much for my kids as it is for me. Which is why I'm so glad they put so many "play" features into it that don't compromise the sculpt and look of it. Seeing it at Power Con, I can say that this is a PLAY set. To be PLAYED with! So happy with it words cannot really express.
    Last edited by Baena; September 26, 2013 at 05:23pm.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    I would not be too sure seeing as the handle and topper pieces are separate but once connected are permanent.
    I know they are saying the handle is permanent but I noticed it has 2 or three screws that may be able to help release the tension device that holds it in permanently. The "new" Hasbro G.I. Joe Skystriker has a similar mechanism. Once the nose is on, it will not come off, but by loosening some screws you're able to disassemble it and re-box it. Just an observation, though.

Quote Originally Posted by mk1138 View Post
    I know they are saying the handle is permanent but I noticed it has 2 or three screws that may be able to help release the tension device that holds it in permanently. The "new" Hasbro G.I. Joe Skystriker has a similar mechanism. Once the nose is on, it will not come off, but by loosening some screws you're able to disassemble it and re-box it. Just an observation, though.
    That might be the case with the handle.

With the minaret up top of the dome, that looks like a substantial plug, that when popped in, it stays put, pulling out again may damage the dome.

That said... With some customizing of the Minaret before you plug it in... Might be a removable option.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw

The thought of waiting until Christmas Day crossed my mind for a BRIEF second, but there's no way I can wait!

Also, the castle doesn't come with a flight stand, does it?
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    The thought of waiting until Christmas Day crossed my mind for a BRIEF second, but there's no way I can wait!

Also, the castle doesn't come with a flight stand, does it?
    No it doesn't.

[QUOTE=Baena;3341507]It'll just be there on the floor, with whatever figures my son is playing with at the time. I expect that he'll put a fair amount of play wear on this thing... As much as I'm going to love it as a collector, and even with some of my minor involvement with it... This Castle is just as much for my kids as it is for me. Which is why I'm so glad they put so many "play" features into it that don't compromise the sculpt and look of it. Seeing it at Power Con, I can say that this is a PLAY set. To be PLAYED with! So happy with it words cannot really express

agreed completely, nate!
    the one i ordered is for my girls, and will be on the floor in their playroom, and no doubt well-loved and worn! someday when they "outgrow" it ( ), it will revert to my collection. (and be all that much cooler with the "memory marks.")
    i've managed to keep it's existence a secret from them, and they'll be discovering it under the tree christmas morning! so stoked! they're gonna flip! lol.

UGH this would be so awesome to open on Christmas!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

I ordered right away the first week it was available but I changed my address recently so DR said they had to "cancel" my order and "re-order" it for me. I'm hoping that didn't lose my place in the shipment line...but I'm going to assume it did.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    No way in Hades am I waiting to open it on Christmas. In fact... The minute I hear it's at home, I might be taking a half personal day off to get home and begin the adventures with my kids. They're just as excited for it as I am.

I pre-Ordered it the day it went up for sale so I hope mine is in that early batch.

I know exactly where my Castle will live out most of it's days... My studio/office has a little bit of open floorspace... It'll just be there on the floor, with whatever figures my son is playing with at the time. I expect that he'll put a fair amount of play wear on this thing... As much as I'm going to love it as a collector, and even with some of my minor involvement with it... This Castle is just as much for my kids as it is for me. Which is why I'm so glad they put so many "play" features into it that don't compromise the sculpt and look of it. Seeing it at Power Con, I can say that this is a PLAY set. To be PLAYED with! So happy with it words cannot really express.
    Call me a sentimental old dragon, but this post put an ENORMOUS smile on my face.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Call me a sentimental old dragon, but this post put an ENORMOUS smile on my face.
    I thought you were just a grumpy old dragon.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    I ordered right away the first week it was available but I changed my address recently so DR said they had to "cancel" my order and "re-order" it for me. I'm hoping that didn't lose my place in the shipment line...but I'm going to assume it did.
    I had to change my credit card info last month and therefor got a new order number with a new order date. I assume we are now at the back of the line
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

Has there been a date set as to when our cards will be charged for the castle? Maybe I overlooked it.

Thanks!

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    ...could someone please point me to the page with the pic of the bio? I can't seem to find it...
    ..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
    ...Seriously looking for a gray Sir Laser-Lot sword from the Final Wars weapon-pack!!

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    Has there been a date set as to when our cards will be charged for the castle? Maybe I overlooked it.

Thanks!
    Sometime between November 15, 2013 and January 15, 2014.
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

Heroic Warrior
    the day it arrives is xmas.. cant wait to get it so i can design a case for it, then a place to store it.

I can already tell that the shipping order of the castles is going to be a huge mess.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    I can already tell that the shipping order of the castles is going to be a huge mess.
    Ugh. I hate to even bring this out into the air, but I am wincing at the thought of the orders for such a huge, important piece to the collection being "handled" by Digital River.

Also, I'm hoping a serious amount of "play-testing" is done with the castle prior to shipping. (Example: Does this piece break too easily... Does the paint rub off here... Does this peg bust during assembly... Etc.)
    My apologies...I just can't seem to shut out those tiny, little, negative thoughts.

Crossing fingers for organized delivery and superior quality!

If I get it in time it will be a Christmas gift. I had to send back Batros for a replacement, but starting with Batros, all my figures from Sept - Dec will be wrapped for Christmas... I'm going to NYCC so I'm hoping to add Strobo as well. That will be a fun Christmas haul, especially if CG is there!!! My 2 sons and I will have an epic holiday!
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I had to change my credit card info last month and therefor got a new order number with a new order date. I assume we are now at the back of the line
    I just changed my CC information for my subscriptions tonight and worried about my Castle Grayskull orders and this new order number business and yes I did have to get a new order number for the Castle's but I asked about this (front vs. end) of the line business and found out that the original order date would stay the same, just the order number would change. Of course, "that's what they say." However, if that's true, those of us who've had to change our CC information but ordered early on should still be in the front of the line. I really hope that's the case. I hate the idea of having ordered the first day and then not getting my Castle's until January. The only other thing I'm trying to figure out is why it says these castle's won't ship until 12/15 but other information says first orders will go out in November. I'm guessing that it's November for pre-orders and December for DOS people. Maybe somebody can speak to that issue for me.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

There is no way I will be waiting to open the castle. As soon as it arrives, I am barricading myself in the toy room!!

I'm so excited for it, and it's almost here.

I'm really grateful to Mattel for making the waiting a bit easier by putting the sample out during sdcc, power con, and hopefully during NYCC.

It has been so cool having a teaser to satisfy the waiting, even for a few moments.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Do all invoices say the castle will ship after December 11 or is it when mine will ship?

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post

Thanks!
    I believe they will be charged when your castle ships; not everyone will get charged at the same time, and I think in Pixel Dan's Power-Con walk-through, Toy Guru said they'd be sending out lots of emails notifying people and such.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Who is buying a Lazy Susan for this thing? The people who say this thing in person could let us know how big it has to be and where we might get such a thing.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

I want to get one. But, you'd either have to get a custom lazy susan, make one yourself, or get a board to put on top of a lazy susan. I feel like I have seen lazy susans that large before, but I bet if someone sells them they are VERY expensive because they'd probably be made for rich people to use on a huge table. LOL. Just eyeballing it, I'd say you'd need a lazy susan with 2.5 foot diameter at least.

I posted about Lazy Susans before....you can get ones over 30" on ebay or various other outlets for ~$30. You just have to look. And yes, you can also spend over $200 on one as well.