Page 168 of 186 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178 ... LastLast
Results 4,176 to 4,200 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    I ordered right away the first week it was available but I changed my address recently so DR said they had to "cancel" my order and "re-order" it for me. I'm hoping that didn't lose my place in the shipment line...but I'm going to assume it did.
    I just called Matty and the lady on the phone took the order numbers of my both orders and I gave her a 3rd one for reference from my last order so she can use this address and replace the old ones on my CG orders.. In any case she said she will pass it on to the *correct department* who will deal with my request and I should receive an email from them within 24-48hrs.. Did it work the same way with you guys? I had to confirm my details including the last 4 digits from my credit card and the security number on the back and that was it.. Just wondering if you had a similar experience with DR and if that also been resolved and confirmed via email 2 days later?
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by ninja man View Post
    I posted about Lazy Susans before....you can get ones over 30" on ebay or various other outlets for ~$30. You just have to look. And yes, you can also spend over $200 on one as well.
    And roughly what size L. Susan are we going to need for this bad boy?
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

You CAN get larger Lazy Susans, but you also need to be careful about what weight they will hold. The castle+figures is going to be pretty heavy. Also, as I said on the last page, you'd need a really large lazy susan for this. Maybe a 30-35'' diameter or so? Again, that's just eyeballing the one they had at PowerCon. I thought I might look for a good, smaller Lazy Susan that supported a good amount of weight and then just find a large table top (maybe IKEA would make something?) to screw it onto. I've been keeping a look out, though.

Looking online, it looks like you could get a 30'' table top and a set of heavy-duty lazy susan bearings and make your own for about $50-60.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

aren't we supposed to get a poster with the sub or grayskull?? one that replicated the vintage one that sometimes came with playsets or vehicles?
    LOOKING for these MOTU Full Cardbacks:
    -Skeletor w/"original" promo on front
    -Man E Faces w/ "extra weapons" promo on front
    -Trap Jaw w/o Ring Promo on front & newer figures pictured on back
    -Tri Klops w/o Ring Promo on front & newer figures pictured on back
    & Mantisaur Empty Box (USA) Version

I ordered right away the first week it was available but I changed my address recently so DR said they had to "cancel" my order and "re-order" it for me. I'm hoping that didn't lose my place in the shipment line...but I'm going to assume it did.
    I'm in the same position. Although, I'm not to worried about when it's going to ship, I'm more worried I won't get the early pre-order poster incentive for ordering before February. That was one of the reasons I ordered the castle so early.. Can anyone clarify on if changing your address like this will prevent someone from getting the poster? I was going to ask on the matty forum but I'm waiting to have my account over there "approved".
    Stay free my Misery

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I had to change my credit card info last month and therefor got a new order number with a new order date. I assume we are now at the back of the line
    Wow, they can't even change a simple address in their system? Maybe I've been wrong about them using DOS; I think they need to UPGRADE to reach that level. Seriously, that is ludicrous.

I have a feeling the shipping is going to be a nightmarish experience, but they have done pre-orders before for the hoverboard and Ghostbuster items without me hearing about major shipping issues, so there may be some hope here. I really hope they don't foul something this important up; a lot of folks see this as the crowning jewel in the line, even with some of the controversy over it.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I forsee a small spike in large, lazy-susan sales.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Who is buying a Lazy Susan for this thing? The people who say this thing in person could let us know how big it has to be and where we might get such a thing.
    That was my display plan. Does anyone know the dimensions of the "open" castle base?

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Space permitting, I'm going to try to do what I did with the 200x castle: put it down the middle of the display perpendicular to the backdrop, so you have space on both sides to put figures. That way, both the inside and outside are ALWAYS on display. Of course, that means not using the extra floor piece, and assuming you can open it all the way up 180 degrees. If that doesn't work, I think I can McGyver up a workable turntable with a foamboard base and a well placed nut and bolt.

If all else falis, I can always pick it up and flip it around every so often.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

That was my display plan. Does anyone know the dimensions of the "open" castle base?
    Check 'ask Matty' - it's been covered there
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by robaczek View Post
    Check 'ask Matty' - it's been covered there
    I've searched several times with several different search terms to no avail so I posted a new question about it with a simple diagram. Here's the link for others that are interested as well as the diagram I created. Hopefully he will answer.

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/3901065448

I've searched several times with several different search terms to no avail so I posted a new question about it with a simple diagram. Here's the link for others that are interested as well as the diagram I created. Hopefully he will answer.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps4633360a.jpg
    I think you are going to need a bigger susan...

Top to bottom (including pawn) = 24.4 inches
    Left to right closed = 15.7 x 21.7 inches (length x width)
    Left to right open = 29.4 x 25.6 inches; 34.25 inches diagonally
    Jaw bridge opening height = 7.75 inches
    Back door height = 7 inches
    Height between different levels = base: 1.5 inches; height between level 1 ground and ceiling: 8.25 inches; height between level 2 ground and ceiling: 8.5 inches; level 3 to top point: 6.5 inches
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps4633360a.jpg

TG just responded:

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru
    I just filmed a video going over all the dimensions of final castle and the box. It should be posted soon!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

I got the Castle on the first pre-order. but where do I find my order status on mattycollector?

EDIT: nevermind, found it.

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    TG just responded:
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru
    I just filmed a video going over all the dimensions of final castle and the box. It should be posted soon!:
    Here's hoping we get proper dims in the video. I will revised my diagram as soon as we do. Because of the size, it looks like this is going to have to be a custom built lazy susan. Luckily, Amazon sells the bearings separately.

It's probably cheaper to build your own LazySusan anyways. Break out the hammers, screwdrivers, etc. Online plans for such things are pretty easy to come by. Have fun with it! Build displayable shelves into it even!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Okay...so the final SDCC 2013 numbers don't matter...np....let's wait for TG video....
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Widget
    I know they said we will be charged sometime between November 15 and January 15; but are they supposed to give us prior notice a few weeks or days before the specific day we're charged? I have my Grayskull funds in a savings account waiting to transfer but hope they give me a heads up of when it needs done.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SkeletorsTacoStand View Post
    I know they said we will be charged sometime between November 15 and January 15; but are they supposed to give us prior notice a few weeks or days before the specific day we're charged? I have my Grayskull funds in a savings account waiting to transfer but hope they give me a heads up of when it needs done.
    Just transfer it by November 14. If they charge you on Nov 15, great. If they charge you on Jan 15, so be it. The money is meant for Grayskull anyway, and you don't seem to mind if they do charge on Nov 15, so it shouldn't make any difference if you treat it as spent at that point.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    It's probably cheaper to build your own LazySusan anyways. Break out the hammers, screwdrivers, etc. Online plans for such things are pretty easy to come by. Have fun with it! Build displayable shelves into it even!
    The hardware to build a lazy Susan is dirt cheap. I just ordered the turntable bearing, fully assembled and ready to mount into a table top and board, for six bucks. If you have a drill and any confidence at all in how to wield it, building your own is ready to go.

I got in trouble for linking to a site where one can purchase things, but search for "lazy susan bearing" on amazon. Get a square one so the mounting holes are easily-accessible. The circular ones seem more advanced; you have to drill through it and it just seems risky.

Now for the fun part. Sketching how I want the display to work. Can't wait to get this project started!

I think I may be building my own as well. Now, as to where I'll be putting it....? It's looking to be bigger than I thought, so I may need to reconfigure some things in the Toy Room. Or move.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Elder Councilman

Castle Grayskull box dimensions

My apologies if this has already been answered, but I'm usually strapped for time, and did several searches, and couldn't get the necessary answer I need...I even did a Google search, and checked on Matty's forum too

That said, does anyone know the box dimensions of this behemoth, or know where that information was given?

Thanks.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

MOTU Maniac found it out and posted in the MOTUC Grayskull discussion, which is on the first page.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    For anyone else wondering it is: 23" L x 16" W x 24" H and weighs approximately 17 pounds.
    WTB:
    Loose: Sorceress, Whiplash
    MOC w/ mailers: Whiplash

Honestly the only thing left that I want is a great Entrapta!

Sorry if this has been asked before....

Castle Grayskull Deluxe Accessory Set from Icon Heroes - Is this for the actual playset or is this for the statue? It doesnt really clarify...
    PHP Code:
    J-DUBYA!! 

FEEDBACK LINK http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205315

J to the DUB at YA

Quote Originally Posted by JDubya88788 View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before....

Castle Grayskull Deluxe Accessory Set from Icon Heroes - Is this for the actual playset or is this for the statue? It doesnt really clarify...
    That's for the statue
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread