Page 174 of 186 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184 ... LastLast
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Well said, Braxsis.
    I'm excited for the possible add-ons that could come with future figures or subscriptions.
    Maybe 2015 will see the play-mat in lieu of a map!
    Or the sculpted dungeon floor as an add-on to a figure or accessory/headsculpt set.
    And I admit, I'm almost as excited for Pixel-Dan's review as I am for the behemoth itself!

Heroic Warrior
    I cant wait for this but I cant even display it. Lol it makes no sense

I hope that Mattel give clear instructions over the next couple of weeks of when money will leave our accounts and how much in total. Still confused about this!
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

Heroic Warrior
    I believe as the orders are processed and ready to ship your account gets charged. My buddy told me last year we were supposed to be reimbursed on shipping cus the over charged. But I never got any email with a new total.

The castle really looks good. I did not pre-order (wasn't collecting this line when it went up), but I am seriously considering trying my luck at buying one on DOS. Though after my recent experience trying to buy a set of Horde Troopers at DOS, I'm doubtful I will be able to get one.

I don't think DOS will be a problem on CGS while its cool its NOT HT cool not to mention they are gonna be 300.00 DOS
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    I don't think DOS will be a problem on CGS while its cool its NOT HT cool not to mention they are gonna be 300.00 DOS
    but there are a lot of people that held off ordering that a want it now or else canceled their pre=order that regretted it.

I still think they will go pretty fast, the few that they prob have for sale that day.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    but there are a lot of people that held off ordering that a want it now or else canceled their pre=order that regretted it.

I still think they will go pretty fast, the few that they prob have for sale that day.
    Not to mention that Scott said the castles will be available via Early Access, so there's a good chance they'll be cleaned out by the time 2013 non-subbers get a chance. First time subber for 2014, but I'm still going to try. Who knows?

Heroic Warrior
    I know I won't try to make a fort of of this Grayskull box like I did the last one 30 years ago

Heroic Warrior
    Very awesome. Wish I could have afforded it.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post

Yes these CG's will fly out the door. These will be highly sought after. If you don't get one DOS. Get ready to pay over $500 anywhere else. Cannot freaking wait to get mine.

for 400.00 dollars a piece I'll steal some from the warehouse so you wont need to get to five hundred I cant believe people are so willing to part with that much money for some big pieces of mass produced plastic even if it IS THE COOLEST LOOKING MOTUC THING YET! seriously WAY OVER PRICED I think it will sell out just not in an hour or two like HT did in under 5 minutes maybe a full day or two I could be wrong. Not getting one ever so it doesn't really matter to me...
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Not to mention that Scott said the castles will be available via Early Access
    If that's true then I highly doubt there will be any for non subbers on DOS. I've seen at least 3 interviews where TG stressed how limited these will be. I definitely hope I am wrong, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Looking at my order history I saw the following:

This order will be shipped after the release date of 12/11/2013 for Castle Grayskull®.
    Facebook.com/omen.mink.5
    Instagram http://instagram.com/omg_its_omen

Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    Looking at my order history I saw the following:

This order will be shipped after the release date of 12/11/2013 for Castle Grayskull®.
    Mines been saying that for weeks!
    Last edited by ninja man; October 21, 2013 at 10:29am.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm pretty sure its said that since day 1. I think they have to put a date in there when setting up a sub or preorder.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    I cant believe people are so willing to part with that much money for some big pieces of mass produced plastic even if it IS THE COOLEST LOOKING MOTUC THING YET! seriously WAY OVER PRICED
    But that's the point; it ISN'T mass produced. It is a limited production run of a huge piece of plastic requiring some huge, expensive steel molds. I've raked Mattel over the coals on more than one point in the creation of this behemoth, but one thing I really can't berate them on is the price tag. I can see something like this with a small run coming in at this price point and consider it within reason.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Even if this had retail sized runs, I doubt it would cost less than 150.
    It puts the Turtle playset to shame, when you tally up what you're getting in each playset.

Compare this to Hasbro's Millennium Falcon or At-At, look at what those were selling for and that's Star Wars numbers vs. MotU numbers!

People complain about the cost, but I think it's due to some lack of knowledge on what it costs to produce this stuff in today's market/economy.

Try collecting Masterpiece Transformers!

I said it before, I'll say it again... There will be people, in the not too distant future, that will feel like they're getting a deal when they get a Grayskull for 450-500 on ebay.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Court Magician
    I have been waiting for this over a year now (ever since I pre-ordered it) ... I just am afraid that I will have to wait even more because of updating credit card information and getting to the back of the line that way:/

Is the "day of" sale November or December? After seeing this in person at NYCC, I might try to get one.
    SUPERHEMANMIKE

"It tasted good..." - Gwildor

I'm looking at $325 with ups ground to NYC because i pre-ordered in the first hour it went up before they adjusted the shipping price. They DID say they would refund the difference or something (and Matty collector HAS done that before) but I guess we will see....
    www.nywcwrestling.com - Best Independent Wrestling on Long Island!

Want:
    SDCC Filmation Hordak w/ Imp and Treasure Chest Imp

Have:
    Goat Man, Loo-kee, and Kowl

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gromemr View Post
    I have been waiting for this over a year now (ever since I pre-ordered it) ... I just am afraid that I will have to wait even more because of updating credit card information and getting to the back of the line that way:/
    Was it confirmed somewhere that changing or updating your credit card put you to the back of the line?
    I was under the impression that the date you ordered had more power over when you get your castle vs. just updating or changing a card.
    I want to say Toyguru said as much in one of the Grayskull videos...

I know he said there is no guarantee that it will go in order of when the order was placed, but that is what they are actively trying to do.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERHEMANMIKE View Post
    Is the "day of" sale November or December? After seeing this in person at NYCC, I might try to get one.
    I believe day of sales is on Dec. 15th. Good luck!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I can't believe that it's been over a year that we were pre-ordering this thing and it's finally coming out within 30 days. Replikor was so excited!

I was a first day pre-order, so my Castle will most likely get sent out among the first orders.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Was it confirmed somewhere that changing or updating your credit card put you to the back of the line?
    No, this is just something people are assuming. Did DR need to cancel your order and make a new one?
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    No, this is just something people are assuming. Did DR need to cancel your order and make a new one?
    Nope.
    My situation was this... I Pre-Ordered it the day it went up.

The only card I had at the time expired in Sep. of this year.

As soon as I got my new card in Sept., I added it to my Mattycollector profile in the subscriptions page. That's all.
    I didn't do a single thing with the original Grayskull order.

Same thing happens with the Subscription.

I have one Club Eternia Sub and one Filmation sub.

Both were ordered on the old card, but by adding the new card Matty/DR charges the new card I updated in my profile. I assume this will happen with Grayskull. I've not had any issues or lack of orders coming due to my card change.