Page 176 of 186 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178 ... LastLast
Results 4,376 to 4,400 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

I'm glad so many positive thinkers are out there worried about my order.
    I'll be sure to let you all know when everything goes well.
    I'll also let you all know if everything goes poorly. I try to be honest that way.

I think we're all being a little too paranoid. Myself included. We still have a few weeks before people start getting notices, and then getting their castles!

I ordered the first day it was available. So I hope mine is still in the early bunch. But I'm not expecting it, there's a difference between hope and expectations, it's subtle, but it's there.

Again, I had no issues calling. They were very nice to me, answered very quickly. I'm sorry there have been others who have had the opposite experiences.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    I just got off the phone with "Mark" there at Mattycollector.com/Digital River.

He was very kind, and very helpful. As he looked up my information, my order/file etc. He saw that I had already updated my credit card on the my subscriptions page. So my order is safe, and good to go.
    He said I can expect an email confirming the shipping and billing of the castle. And that it should ship sometime in December.

So my experience is, if you've updated your own billing and card information on the my subscriptions page... You're probably good to go.

*WHEW!*
    This is what I did. Changed the details myself and I called them a week later to see what card they had against the order and it was the new credit card. They didn't give me any new order number or anything so I assume the old order still remains in place.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

You guys, I am stupidly excited for this thing! I can't stop looking at the pics or playing the most recent TG video! Haven't been this excited for a toy in years! Looking forward to seeing everyone's pics and mods and opinions as well.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Customikey View Post
    You guys, I am stupidly excited for this thing! I can't stop looking at the pics or playing the most recent TG video! Haven't been this excited for a toy in years! Looking forward to seeing everyone's pics and mods and opinions as well.
    You're in my head, Customikey...how did you do that?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm glad so many positive thinkers are out there worried about my order.
    I'll be sure to let you all know when everything goes well.
    I'll also let you all know if everything goes poorly. I try to be honest that way.

I think we're all being a little too paranoid. Myself included. We still have a few weeks before people start getting notices, and then getting their castles!

I ordered the first day it was available. So I hope mine is still in the early bunch. But I'm not expecting it, there's a difference between hope and expectations, it's subtle, but it's there.

Again, I had no issues calling. They were very nice to me, answered very quickly. I'm sorry there have been others who have had the opposite experiences.
    Man, the same thing happened to me! Prepare for the worst!!

Getting excited. About a month till IT comes out and I can't wait!
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

When I updated my card, they canceled my order and issued me a new one.

I emailed to ask if this puts me in the back of the shipping line, they answered "we will charge you when it ships." I said that was not what I asked, please re-read my initial email, they then replied "orders will start shipping in December and that's when you'll be charged". Clown shoes.

I give Mattel a lot of slack because hey, they're a square hole and they're making round pegs. Things are gonna get messed up. But DR.... Oh, DR. I try not to make these kinds of unfair comparisons, but if the company I worked for provided that level of service, I'd be eating cold beans out of a can.

I do not quite understand the throne. I always imagined those levels were solid floors of the castle, now the throne looks directly to "the wall", not at the people approaching like in the vintage toy. I suppose it is meant to be heightened level with direct view to the bottom floor now?

Since no one seems to be bothered by it, I guess it is what everyone else but me thinks

Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    I do not quite understand the throne. I always imagined those levels were solid floors of the castle, now the throne looks directly to "the wall", not at the people approaching like in the vintage toy. I suppose it is meant to be heightened level with direct view to the bottom floor now?

Since no one seems to be bothered by it, I guess it is what everyone else but me thinks
    I agree with you, it would have been nice to have it look at the trap door. But it would also have been nice to have it removable and have the Sorceress sit in it.

Still excited! Hope we get an add on kit for Point Dread and Talon Fighter.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

I don't remember how it looked in the vintage castle (I don't think it survived as a throne and trap door switch for very long in my house...) but I think it'd look pretty silly to have your Sorceress or whomever sitting in profile. You want to see her, so she should sit facing forward.

Though I do kinda wish it was its own piece and not mounted to the floor so you could put it wherever you wanted, instead of being a trigger for the trap door. I don't necessarily care about action features; I'm likely never going to use it.

Even if this had retail sized runs, I doubt it would cost less than 150.
    It puts the Turtle playset to shame, when you tally up what you're getting in each playset.

Compare this to Hasbro's Millennium Falcon or At-At, look at what those were selling for and that's Star Wars numbers vs. MotU numbers!

People complain about the cost, but I think it's due to some lack of knowledge on what it costs to produce this stuff in today's market/economy.

Try collecting Masterpiece Transformers!

I said it before, I'll say it again... There will be people, in the not too distant future, that will feel like they're getting a deal when they get a Grayskull for 450-500 on ebay.
    Not only the but the Star Wars falcon was released a 2nd time and the price a year later went from roughly 150 to 250(the cost of the castle)! The cost to produce them went up, this was actually the official word from hasbro and not just a price hike from the retailer. If the produced it again I would not doubt the price would be even more.

Quote Originally Posted by ninja man View Post
    all I know is....

DR is the most fail online store ever. like, ever ever!
    I see you have never been to hasbro toy shop and the 4 previous hasbro website which were horrible.
    Last edited by King Kahn; October 22, 2013 at 09:26pm.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Warrior
    Got an email from DR reminding me to make sure the card on file is valid as the castle is shipping soon. Can't wait

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I see you have never been to hasbro toy shop and the 4 previous hasbro website which were horrible.
    Really??

Only ordered from HTS twice now... but awesome each time. Fast, accurate, and cheaper then resellers.

Though to be fair, I've used matty a LOT more, and never had a problem with them either...

Some happy moments from powercon with the castle and I

I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Warrior
    That's so dope, kid...

well hey guys I just posted this on another thread with info pertaining to Grayskull the preorder and it's shipping thought you guys may want to know...

Thank you for contacting the MattyCollector.com online store.

The product that you ordered is a pre-order and has not yet been
    released to the public. The estimated release date is on Wed Dec 11
    00:00:00 CST 2013, as soon as it is available your order will be
    promptly fulfilled and you will be notified via email.

If you purchased via credit card, rest assured your card will not be
    charged until the product has been released.

Orders will start shipping in December. You WILL NOT be charged until
    the order ships

If you need to update the credit card information pertaining to your
    Preordered Castle Grayskull, please contact our Customer Service by
    phone at 1-877-GoMatty (877-466-2889).

You may also reply to this email with the following information:

1. The last four digits of the credit card you would like the order to
    be charged to:
    2. Expiration Date:
    3. The security code for the above card:
    4. Billing Address:
    5. Shipping Address:
    6. Desired shipping method:

Please DO NOT send the complete credit card number by e-mail.

Note: For any request to change the payment, billing, or shipping
    information for your Pre-order, the original Pre-order will have to be
    cancelled and replaced. You will not be billed until the order ships.
    (There will be no authorization on the card).

Before sending us the required information, please find time to log into
    your account on www.mattycollector.com and add these information (Click
    on either the My Payment Information or My Address Information
    hyperlinks depending on what needs to be updated).
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Awesome pictures King Kahn. I'm so jealous you got to hold the box. I need more Castle updates or info - anything people!

From talking to Dig River re the CC updates, as far as they know it's not starting being shipped till the 2nd week of December either. Arrrghh.

Living in Aus there was a chance, a small chance that having ordered early this may have come by my B'day (2nd week of Dec), or by Christmas. Shipping to Aus usually takes up to 4 weeks.
    Longer over Christmas. The thought that there was a chance I'd be reliving the '82 Christmas of of my dreams, after pre ordering this a year ago (and wanting this 30 years ago) is killing me!
    It's hard enough on a regular fig seeing you guys in the US post your pictures, knowing we won't get ours for at least a fortnight or more later than you. Now that it's almost certain not to make it down under in time for Christmas, I want to ask my girlfriend and family if we can do Christmas in January. How will any other gift compare with castle grayskull hot on it's heels??

Heroic Warrior
    It would be cool to get it on my bday. But if they ship it on the 11th then it wont happen.

Heroic Warrior
    I wouldn't put too much faith into that date. I'm pretty sure that date was stated on the order confirmation page since day one. I think all customer service is doing is reading off of the same thing we can look at ourselves.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Just put up a new shelf in anticipation an hour ago! Bring on the castle!
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    I wouldn't put too much faith into that date. I'm pretty sure that date was stated on the order confirmation page since day one. I think all customer service is doing is reading off of the same thing we can look at ourselves.
    This is the case. The release date was bumped up months ago, yet the confirmation pages were never updated.

Arrgh, don't tease me!

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Man, I'm so dumb.

I just now realized that it doesn't open all the way out like the vintage version did, so if displayed, it have to be on a pretty deep shelf. Not sure where my head was.

Well, I can always just have the sweet looking box chilling in the floor, then bust it out from time to time.

Heroic Warrior
    It needs a table or b8g enough night stand. A shelf wont work unless closed and would have to be deep. Most shelf wood is 12 inches deep.

I haven't been lucky enough to go to any of the Cons where the castle has been on display, so when i opened my mail today, I was more than ecstatic.

It contained a sample of the floor section from Mattel!!! THANKS!!!

If my sample is indicative of the final quality of the castle, we are all in for a treat.

The plastic is very thick and sturdy, the color is great with two washes applied, a darker green and a lighter lichen green used sparingly.

Photos to come.....
    Contact BadVermin for all your customs and repaints.

Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post
    I haven't been lucky enough to go to any of the Cons where the castle has been on display, so when i opened my mail today, I was more than ecstatic.

It contained a sample of the floor section from Mattel!!! THANKS!!!

If my sample is indicative of the final quality of the castle, we are all in for a treat.

The plastic is very thick and sturdy, the color is great with two washes applied, a darker green and a lighter lichen green used sparingly.

Photos to come.....
    You got a piece of the floor? From Mattel? Why?! Not that I'm complaining, but… ???
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog