Page 29 of 186 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Heroic Warrior

Castle Grayskull Classics??

I was wondering how they'd make this and just how big would it be?
    If I my self had the money I'd have more than two figures and I'd buy a bunch of legos (no specific set just loose legos) and build my on Greyskull out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by KryptonianMike View Post
    I was wondering how they'd make this and just how big would it be?
    If I my self had the money I'd have more than two figures and I'd buy a bunch of legos (no specific set just loose legos) and build my on Greyskull out of them.
    We aren`t getting a Castle Grayskull in the classics line unless it eventually hits retail. TG`s own words

Heroic Warrior
    They said they wanted to make the full thing and not just a diorama set if they did it but it's most likely way in the future if it ever happens at all. For now My 200X and 80's castle Grayskulls are working out just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by AlessandraF View Post
    man, your project is AMAZING!!!!!! I want this Grayskull right now!

I thought whichever Castle turn out better of King Grayskull's packaging for sure!
    I also like this, it's a project that I'd worked months ago and it's very very large....

http://gi85.photobucket.com/groups/k...-wallpaper.jpg
    i love this design....i would love to have that mixed with the design zombihamma made with all walls and extra's. my dream is the perfect castle grayskull ...this i would pay for ........ i want secret doors portals the works....i have spent the last 7yrs trying to create the perfect castle grayskull with all kinds of nice things and pieces to make it unique and to fit total secrets of gyraskull one day i'll show pics...but that is what grayskull is...

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    No matter how much we get some people always want more or even expect more as if its their god given right to have everything they want.
    Id like a Castle Grayskull, Snake Mountain and other things but we do already get 18-20 figures a year, beasts and now a vehicle next year too so I dont see the need to throw the rattle out of the pram over not getting even more stuff, as nice as it would be to have all the playsets.

I agree with Zodak74, id rather make do with my 200X castle than use a box with a castle drawn on it.
    Well said. There's so much to be thankful for. No need to be greedy or unappreciative. After seeing this line die twice, I for one will never take anything concerning MOTU for granted again.

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    beyond that I think Grayskull is logistically impossible in a collector's line as motuc. (the price would be too high and also is the delivery)
    Do you not think that playsets are something exclusive for children?what do you think?

Is there any history of payset for adult collectors?
    Look at some of the stuff Lego puts out. Granted, it's building blocks and Lego has a very devoted following, but there is a history. The Lego Star Wars Death Star was $400 US and is nothing but a giant playset. It wasn't sold in normal retail stores, and aimed mostly at the die-hard collectors. But it sold, so there is some precedent.
    I'm full of beans.

Here's one thing to think about: What if the castle was just one single big piece? More of a diorama than an actual playset? Maybe incude a working door and that's it. No moving parts or gimmicks. That would significantly reduce the cost of the thing. All they'd have to do is pop it out of the mold, insert the door, and paint it. Must less complicated than assembling a figure with several points of articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by King Miro View Post
    Here's one thing to think about: What if the castle was just one single big piece? More of a diorama than an actual playset? Maybe incude a working door and that's it. No moving parts or gimmicks. That would significantly reduce the cost of the thing. All they'd have to do is pop it out of the mold, insert the door, and paint it. Must less complicated than assembling a figure with several points of articulation.

That's actually been asked and suggested to Toyguru many times...each time he says that if and when they do Castle Grayskull, that they want to do it right and not just make it a "one piece diorama" or "backdrop".

I'm kind of on the fence about it because even if it comes with a lot of accessories and playset features (trap door, lights/sounds, ect), I won't be "playing" with it...although I might "test" everything out once when it first arrived. I'd just display it anyway, and it would be a diorama/backdrop for my collection in the end anyway. If they made just one solid piece that was very highly detailed in sclupt and paint job, then I very well could be very happy with it and I'm sure I'd be much happier with the price than I would be for a full "playset" that I'm not really going to play with anyway.

But to address your post, a one-piece diorama of Grayskull won't be coming out from Matty according to Toyguru.

Quote Originally Posted by starbasetoys View Post
    That's actually been asked and suggested to Toyguru many times...
    But to address your post, a one-piece diorama of Grayskull won't be coming out from Matty according to Toyguru.
    This is disappointing, because I think it could be a killer piece. If they made a single diorama as suggested, they could use that mold for a complete playset down the line. That way, fans could choose which one they want.

Castle Grayskull released in pieces..?

ever since I seen the weapons rack I'd been thinking.. IF they were to release Castle Grayskull they should do it in quarterly pieces...

I've actually mentioned this in a few threads but it never got any attention.. so I thought I'd post a thread about it

I honestly think it's a good idea and would really help out the people that couldn't drop a huge load of cash on it if they released it as a whole.

and come on! how cool would it be to see Castle Grayskull slowly being built over the years?

Heroic Warrior
    But then people would have to buy characters they may not want to complete it.

But then people would have to buy characters they may not want to complete it.
    you saying that each character would have a piece of Grayskull included?

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I think Toyguru addressed this before, in that if Mattel did a Castle Grayskull, it wouldn't be a "Collect and Connect" approach. I think if they are going to release it, they will do it as one solid piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    I think Toyguru addressed this before, in that if Mattel did a Castle Grayskull, it wouldn't be a "Collect and Connect" approach. I think if they are going to release it, they will do it as one solid piece.
    I wasn't aware of that.. thanks for letting me know

Well, whatever the price would be I'd more than likely pay whatever price tag they slapped on it.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Obbie View Post
    you saying that each character would have a piece of Grayskull included?
    I thought that's what you were saying. That the Castle pieces come with figures. If not, I do apologize.

I would love a MOTUC Castle. It would be immense and lord the money that month would be a killer. But so worth having everyone fighting around it and the joy of building something around it either old puzzle picture sand and such or aim for the chasm.
    I will just remain patient and figure that it will be a final farewell from Matty. Think about it. the long build upt. Figure after figure that people are still buying. When the line draws to its end the last year they announce the final month of matty will be some amazing figure noone ever thought we would see and the large item that last month. Castle Grayskull.
    Though that would kill the hope of all other playsets after but I could survive.
    Might I suggest one that is more doable and a good test like they have already done with the incoming battle ram? Do a slime pit. True there could be no slime as who would use it but hey could make some decent looking plastic cover that could coat any figure or better still..make it come packed in with the ever popular Slime pit monster He Man!
    I haven't read this whole post but if it has already been suggested then I second the idea
    Just my opinion though
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

I thought that's what you were saying. That the Castle pieces come with figures. If not, I do apologize.
    no worries.. I meant as a single piece released quarterly

They need to bite the bullet and make this thing already. I pray that is the "big" news for SDCC or 2012. It's not like it wouldn't sell almost as much as the vehicles, which will surely sell out. If there is one must-have, sought-after playset, this is it.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Mattel's statement on creating a Castle Grayskull, not true?

From Q&A:

If you were to produce an in-scale Castle Grayskull play set would it be crafted to resemble the past designs that consist of just a front and back or would you actually include side walls to make it larger and more accurate to the design of a real castle?

If we were going to do the Castle we would go all the way and make a complete Castle. Just how it would be executed remains to be seen as we simply are not there yet and have not spent time developing or designing a Castle Grayskull.
    Really? Then what was that castle shown last year at the con and the more recent one in NY?

Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    From Q&A:

Really? Then what was that castle shown last year at the con and the more recent one in NY?

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5100/...c2effb68_b.jpg

A prop for the display and not an actual toy.

I would be ok with them releasing a display Grayskull like the one shown in the picture above, but it would need to be at least slightly more to scale with the figures. I'd like to see it at least one foot taller and one foot wider.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, that was just a prop for the conventions. However, I kind of agree with you. I know it would sell regardless of the price... They just haven't put any thought into how they can execute such a large playset. They would have to spend alot of money just to get it sculpted and stuff like that. Ultimately they would have to be sure they could make that money back plus profit and all that stuff... and stuff.

that mini castle sucks, at leas they should repaint one from the 80s and display the figures with it

Heroic Warrior
    That out-of-scale and lame castle was clearly just a diorama/display thing that Mattel used to cover the lack of a real Castle Grayskull...

If a Castle Grayskull is ever made in MOTUC, it'd better be bigger, more accurate and cooler than this underwhelming display piece.

Obviously they didn't have any decent time or resources, and that's why it looks so bad.