Page 31 of 186 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I think they should do Castle Grayskull the same way they're doing the current DCU sub. Show us the general plans or a mock-up for the Castle, then launch a "Grayskull Sub". Have a big red thermometer on the front of Mattycollector, if enough people sign up then it goes into production. If there isn't enough takers then it does happen.

Then if it goes forward they could charge us $30 per month January-October for the Castle, and ship it out to us in December.

Sounds like a simple and risk-free way to do it to me. They could do the same thing with all the giant playsets every year until the end of the line.

I agree. Very simple concept, but yet very effective and I give you credit coming up with that

What would either side have to loose on this? We could come up with a few different options and approaches on the method(s) of payment, but the thermometer idea is genius and they already have the means to make it happen. Get on this Mattel!!

I think that's a fantastic idea, Neil!
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Love that idea Neil, that sounds a really good way. Put it to the officals!
    Im in!

has anyone asked on 'ask matty' or submitted the 'castle graskull thermometer' idea for the WTFWTK thread?

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    I think they should do Castle Grayskull the same way they're doing the current DCU sub. Show us the general plans or a mock-up for the Castle, then launch a "Grayskull Sub". Have a big red thermometer on the front of Mattycollector, if enough people sign up then it goes into production. If there isn't enough takers then it does happen.

Then if it goes forward they could charge us $30 per month January-October for the Castle, and ship it out to us in December.

Sounds like a simple and risk-free way to do it to me. They could do the same thing with all the giant playsets every year until the end of the line.
    Actually this would work for me, as id get 2 as im a loose and moc collector and shipping would cost a small fortune so id like to pay monthly and have it shipped in November in time for xmas.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

The dangle it in front of people and maybe it will happen seems like it would work, but in my experience with stuff like that is it does not work out so well for the collectors. A collectors club a while back had four two pack figure sets to buy, and if enough sold, then the vehicle would be made. Plenty sold, in fact, I think some sets sold out, no vehicle. I've been burned on that idea once. It seems like the hype and steam has cooled down on the line; I imagine Mattel's decision to use and stubburnly continue to use DR and Logistics has not helped keeping people interested and buying into this line. Every toy website seems to have a disgruntled DR thread or post; in time that can't be good for a toy line. So possibly in the end, we get the, "your interest and money alone isn't enough you need to buy more" to show us business is business no matter how you label it, and we are left knowing what may have been. I hate that feeling, it seems to happen too often in this hobby.

Why does MOTUC always feel like "you are punished if you do and punished if you don't.". Instead of making changes two years ago, the company runs its fans into the ground with terrible customer service and quality control, then when fans show there displeasure with the only means possible other than flaming a message board by not buying "more than last year" they are punished more.
    Last edited by Southzen; August 21, 2011 at 07:33am.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    has anyone asked on 'ask matty' or submitted the 'castle graskull thermometer' idea for the WTFWTK thread?
    I can ask the question over on the Matty boards. Can't do any harm a suppose. I'd be amazed if this is something that Scott hasn't already thought of, but you never know...

I can ask the question over on the Matty boards. Can't do any harm a suppose. I'd be amazed if this is something that Scott hasn't already thought of, but you never know...
    awesome! i hope he responds, even if it is a ´no´ then at least we know.

Too slow off the mark, the question has been asked:

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...5/m/9201059017

Saves me registering on the Matty forums. Let's see what Toyguru says!

i hope it gets picked as a WTFWTK (that fortnightly Q&A thingy), that way they can't just ignore it.

I already bought 3 subs but If I had a lot of money, I would love to buy 100 more subscriptions this morning just to support the line and a CASTLE GRAYSKULL

Anyway, It's a good idea for the pre-order and the thermometer.

End of Subscription period will be tonight. May be Mattel will sell "in last minute" more subscriptions than expected. I'm curious to read the final feedback from ToyGuru.

Let's see!

i'm not really in any rush to own a MOTUC CG just yet ... there are still loads of characters i want to see released before play-sets ...

i'm not sure if mattels answer there was meant to make us feel guilty or not - but it's basically closed the door on seeing a CG anytime soon ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Heroic Warrior
    Too slow off the mark, the question has been asked:

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...5/m/9201059017

Saves me registering on the Matty forums. Let's see what Toyguru says!
    Very interesting Idea! Would support that!

But they Price-Point had to state the Price-Point and Shippinginformation first!

Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    i hope it gets picked as a WTFWTK (that fortnightly Q&A thingy), that way they can't just ignore it.
    I've added the question to the latest round of WTFWTK as well. Time to wait and see.

Personally, I wouldn't feel cheated out of something if we didn't get a Castle Grayskull in 2012 - but I count at least seven massive playsets in MOTU. They need to get cracking to fit them all in!

I've added the question to the latest round of WTFWTK as well. Time to wait and see.

Personally, I wouldn't feel cheated out of something if we didn't get a Castle Grayskull in 2012 - but I count at least seven massive playsets in MOTU. They need to get cracking to fit them all in!
    awesome! i hope it gets picked as a question.

We'll be extremily lucky if we see Grayskull and Snake Mountain. I highly doubt that Eternia or the Crystal Castle (let alone Nordor) will ever see the light of day.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Well, that didn't go too well did it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferio View Post
    I've come down with a really bad case of Grayskullstinens... I get annoyed every time I see my KingGrayskull box, which is the only Grayskull we've got for this line.

I'd really like an in scale model, not a toy. Not just the front, or half a castle. The full 360! I know we won't get anything Filmation-y, but I'd like this thread to be more about what you'd wish for The classic playset is... well, the classic, but you don't really get the right... feeling with it, as the filmation version of the castle had (for me). Someone here called it "the spirit of grayskull", very fitting for the "it-feeling".

I've never much cared for the 200x version. Haven't really seen the toy irl, but both the toy and cartoon version seemed to be too sterile. The scale of it was cool, but it lacked something. The interior of the filmation castle was also a lot more imaginative imho.

I was thinking of how I'd want the ultimate castle model, or playset if you wish, to be like... Did some quick sketches for you. As you guys already have pointed out in some other threads, it would have to be really big, I've measured this one to be 81 cm tall O_o... otherwise you wouldn't get the right scale.

Still thinking about what the interior should be like, there aren't that many good reference pics, and I'm not really sure what locations you'd want to be in a model like this... Any suggestions? What would you get with your dream-Grayskull?

http://www.breath.se/images/heman/frontright.jpg

http://www.breath.se/images/heman/backleft.jpg

http://www.breath.se/images/heman/interior.jpg

http://www.breath.se/images/heman/assembly.jpg
    I just came across this and I think its perfect in design so far. I too thought the 200x Castle was flat and boring to look at, The classic 80s version, while limited was beautiful on the outside and made you dream, For me the Filmation Greyskull is THE ONE. Just what it should be.

The TM for "Castle Grayskull" (along with "Stratos" and "Marzo Kalif")
    Has expired.

A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by skeletorous View Post
    I just came across this and I think its perfect in design so far. I too thought the 200x Castle was flat and boring to look at, The classic 80s version, while limited was beautiful on the outside and made you dream, For me the Filmation Greyskull is THE ONE. Just what it should be.
    I agree, that would get $300 to $400 from me easy. Hey matty can't you see there is a fan here willing to pay $300 to $400 for a toy!!!!

If they made the castle before late March, our newborn could live inside of it!

Come on Matty! Are you going to deprive my baby of its little house?!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

What can be done to get Castle Grayskull, POINT DREAD, if anything?

backcovernw.jpg

This to me is THE CASTLE GREYSKULL ubove and drawn by ALCALA, and I like so many others ,want it made still. With all thats gone down of late I'm just asking what can be done , if anything to get this playset into our lives??? Maybe a teaser in releasing Point Dread??? Bet the HorseMen and Scott would love to work on these two jems. Two words come to mind HOPE & WAIT lol

And please NO! not in a "movie Year" lol

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Its very easy. A PRE-ORDER, in the same way Matty is doing with the BackToTheFuture hoverboard.

If enough people buy it, then release it.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I don't know, they've made it pretty clear that no playset is getting made unless there's a movie coming out. So what can we do as fans? Aside from buying out Wind Raider faster and signing up for more subs, probably nothing.

A pre-order would work for me. But a lot of people are going to want to see what they're buying and for how much before they commit.

I love Point Dread, but without a Talon Fighter it's kinda silly. I think a Slime Pit might be a better test of a smaller diorama/playset piece. Just my thought.

I'm just afraid of what price it would be. Granamyr is at least $80 it seems, and really anything more than that I can't justify spending. I think Granamyr will be pushing it for me. Personally I see castle Grayskull would end up being at last 150-200 if not more which I don't think enough people would bite to justify it to mattel.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.