Page 35 of 186 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

I wouldnt purchase one at that price. I prefer figures and beasts, no interest in vehicles or playsets.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I would definitely buy 2 maybe even 3. I prefer the big items and hope we are not seeing the death of them.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    This would be the last purchase I will ever make for the classics line. If the line gets finished and all the figures are made. This would be a great ender. This would definitely qualify as a pre-order.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

I would defiantly pay 300 for it! The price isn't that bad once you consider the low production run and how HUGE it would have to be. Really, this would be worth it.

Heroic Warrior
    Is Castle Grayskull even possible at all at this point ?

The subscriptions have a hard time to reach the minimum imposed by Mattel. The Wind Raider didn't sell too great in July, it seems (by the way, do we have any update about this ? Toyguru has been awful quiet about the matter...). We still have to find out how well or how bad Granamyr will sell.

So I feel like Castle Grayskull is probably unavailable for another couple of years. From what I read on this forum lately and from what TG posted, it looks like 2013 and 2014 will focus mainly on finishing most of the vintage figures. I didn't read a thing about vehicles or playsets so far, so I guess they're not for any time soon...

Quote Originally Posted by carrowsboy View Post
    Yeah, well I'd pay $2500!
    Wow! For what, dude???
    Ya Tengo El Poder!!!!!!

i pre-ordered Joker from hot toys and he's up there, so hell yeah i'd do the same for CG. but I'd LOVE for them to initiate a flex pay system for it like sideshow has with their stuff.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

This whole debacle with the 2013 sub was the proverbial "last nail in the coffin"for the castle greyskull. r
    Rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by ramaman View Post
    I would gladly pay 200-400 for a new castle.
    This.

Heroic Warrior
    No. They are having a hard enough time selling 2013 subs.

Originally Posted by ramaman

I would gladly pay 200-400 for a new castle.
    No...Since when did this line cater to the rich?? (Jurassic Park Moment)

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Hasn't TG said NUMEROUS times that Castle Grayskull is not possible? It's like when people go on, and on ... and ON, about extra heads. Do people not realise that it costs the same to tool a new head as it does a whole new figure?

Give me a new figure any day.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

I think if they start with playsets, they should start with the slime pit. A small playset that much more persons could afford. And with this they could gauge if they can make Castle Grayskull -which will cot much more)

Personnaly $200-$300 is too much for me (I live overseas so, I will have to face custoM fees and important shipping costs). If they release such an item, I hope it would be a year where no action figures are planned, so this could be the budget of a whole year, and in this case I may order one.
    Musclor

http://www.maitresdelunivers.org aka http://www.musclor.fr.st : open!!!

Good deals with : Markatisu , Bigdaddy51200 , Hopebrady , Zodak74 , Lady Angora , 10incher

Click here to watch my feedbacks

Heroic Warrior
    If it was kick ass, I'd easily pay 500+.
    www.toyjesus.com
    All your MOTU Sticker and Instruction needs!

How much was the Hoverboard? Make a front facade of Grayskull for that amount -- what? $200 - $250 -- on pre-order.
    A quick "sketch" of it -- no tooling, sculpting or anything until it "makes" and gets enough pre-orders.
    I'd pre-order that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    Hasn't TG said NUMEROUS times that Castle Grayskull is not possible? It's like when people go on, and on ... and ON, about extra heads. Do people not realise that it costs the same to tool a new head as it does a whole new figure?

Give me a new figure any day.
    he said maybe in a movie year, with more movement being announced on the movie it's more likely we CAN get a grayskull. i'd like it to be as involved as the TMNT sewer playset and a good size, not the flat 200x one we got.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    I would pay 500 for a four sided BIG castle sculpted by the 4h...
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    I would pay 500 for a four sided BIG castle sculpted by the 4h...
    Yep! Same here!
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

Isn't this thread kinda ridiculous at this point? We don't even know for sure if a sub in 2013 is even going to happen yet we are trying to see a way for a Castle Grayskull?

People get a grip, let's be realistic, this isn't going to happen!!!

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    seeing as how i paid 400$US for tytus, 600$US for spinerella & 1K$US for my eternia . 300$US for castle grayskull? no problem!
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Realistically, I think a big Grayskull playset would have to be closer to $500 in order for Mattel to make any kind of profits.

Heroic Warrior
    I´d rather spend my money on figures, don`t need the Castle anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    Isn't this thread kinda ridiculous at this point? We don't even know for sure if a sub in 2013 is even going to happen yet we are trying to see a way for a Castle Grayskull?

People get a grip, let's be realistic, this isn't going to happen!!!
    Again, we are a step closer to a movie year and TG said Grayskull is a higher possibility in a movie year. more than likely it would be a retail piece. whatever happens with classics, if there is a movie, there will be a MOTU toyline.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBrett View Post
    Realistically, I think a big Grayskull playset would have to be closer to $500 in order for Mattel to make any kind of profits.
    in an online only model, but going to retail the price can drop drastically.

Fear is faith in failure

WOW! people tend to ignore the COMMON SENSE posts...Who really can afford to dump $500 on ONE item?? And no it's not something that is old,rare & hard to find...I really think some people would give their kids up for a Castle.....

Heroic Warrior
    It IS easy to dump $500 on one item, as long as it is wanted. I mean, how much does a car cost, or a house? A new sofa? I don't need any of those so I could, and would pay that and more for a to scale Castle Greyskull. Me personally I'd rather have CG than many of the figures others want.

I'm looking to buy stuff from Sideshow Collectibles, their collector figs start at about $129 and goes up to $5000 (?), depending on the scale (the last figure is lifesize). If they started doing MOTU I would be very poor... The point is, there is a market for stuff that one person may find unresonable prized as long as there's another that would pay it.