Page 37 of 186 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

cyber-assassin
    I'm in for one sight unseen. I trust them. No, I don't know why, but on this I will.
    Those whom god wishes to destroy,
    He first makes mad. - Reinfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    Depending on what it looks like -roughly - I'll order one, maybe two. I'm not sure

I still don't understand what the obsession with the prototypes are. They're prototypes because they're unfinished and unrefined.

I don't really like the little teeth over the drawbridge in the prototype, and I'd like more than one side of the Castle.

I'm just not very impressed with the original design, it's clearly the lesser all the Castle Grayskull designs in my opinion.

Filmation is the best version of Grayskull to me, and the Icon of Heroes design is also very good, followed by the original toy.

At the very least if the face takes most of its cues from the original toy, I'll be fine.

But with the Filmation rights now available, Mattel is missing out on a golden opportunity to just make a Filmation version and be done with it in my opinion.

It's still awesome news about Castle Grayskull, and I'm sure the final toy will be freaking cool.
    The toy was, despite being awesome, unfinished and unrefined--not the concept version. The prototype/Alcala Grayskull is how it was meant to be, but probably couldn't be b/c of limitations. That's what the entire line is based on. Not filmation.

I'll buy probably two of these, maybe three! No doubt I can sell the extras sooner or later for a profit.
    Last edited by AdultCollector; September 22, 2012 at 09:53pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    The prototype/Alcala Grayskull is how it was meant to be, but probably couldn't be b/c of limitations. That's what the entire line is based on. Not filmation.
    I'm aware of that, but it doesn't stop me from voicing my preference.

Nor will it, mind you.

Filmation is still the most iconic version of the castle and that's what I'd prefer. But I still love the toy as well. So I'm probably good either way.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    How many pre-orders would you guess they need?
    I also ask myself, what are Mattel`s expectations?

So when are pre-orders and shipping details being released so I can get my finances in order? It might be cheaper for me to buy a ticket to the US rather than pay for shipping of this thing to the UK!

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I also ask myself, what are Mattel`s expectations?
    Well, 1000 units would only make them $200,000 gross, while 5000 would make 1 million gross, so I'm betting it's gotta be 5000 or more....

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    Well, 1000 units would only make them $200,000 gross, while 5000 would make 1 million gross, so I'm betting it's gotta be 5000 or more....
    So it depends on the casual customer base...

I'm in either way, I just hope 4 walls and platforms. I also agree to throw in 30 extra for the flight suit inside the original.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    I'll buy probably two of these, maybe three! No doubt I can sell the extras sooner or later for a profit.
    Do you have a warehouse? If you do, I'm sure the price of it will go up. If you live in an apartment, you would need to sleep next to them to wait for the value increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    I'm aware of that, but it doesn't stop me from voicing my preference.

Nor will it, mind you.
    Dude, he wasn't trying to cut out your tongue, he was offering a counterpoint. That's allowed in a conversation.

I am down for three of these. Words can't describe how excited I am for this. NYCC can't come fast enough!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hultquist View Post
    Also, I'd pay an extra $30 if it came packed with an actual MOTUC figure version of the cardboard robot from the original Grayskull.
    This!!!!!....I hope Scott and the Mattel team take this into consideration...if CG came with the figure version (like Joe Amaro's version) It would make it sooooo much cooler and be an exclusive figure to reward those of us willing to put down so much on a pre-order.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Dude, he wasn't trying to cut out your tongue, he was offering a counterpoint. That's allowed in a conversation.
    4 years into the line, I don't need to be told what it's based on. I've been with it since day one, kiddo.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    This!!!!!....I hope Scott and the Mattel team take this into consideration...if CG came with the figure version (like Joe Amaro's version) It would make it sooooo much cooler and be an exclusive figure to reward those of us willing to put down so much on a pre-order.
    But if it's an extra $30, they just might as well release it as a figure on it's own...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    So it depends on the casual customer base...
    I thought I saw in another thread (maybe the general Power Con reveal thread) that Scott said if everyone who bought a subscription bought a Castle Grayskull, that would be sufficient, although I wasn't quite sure from the way it was phrased whether the minimum was around the number of orders they needed for the 2013 sub to go forward, or if the minimum was around the number of orders they ended up getting for the 2013 sub (the 130-odd percent of the minimum). But that's the ballpark, so it seems like it could be done without too many casual customers.

Does anyone out there have any better information? Did Scott elaborate on this at all?

I thought I saw in another thread (maybe the general Power Con reveal thread) that Scott said if everyone who bought a subscription bought a Castle Grayskull, that would be sufficient, although I wasn't quite sure from the way it was phrased whether the minimum was around the number of orders they needed for the 2013 sub to go forward, or if the minimum was around the number of orders they ended up getting for the 2013 sub (the 130-odd percent of the minimum). But that's the ballpark, so it seems like it could be done without too many casual customers.

Does anyone out there have any better information? Did Scott elaborate on this at all?
    Scott didn't say anything like that. He just said they would have a meter like they did with the subscription, but he did not compare the numbers.
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    But if it's an extra $30, they just might as well release it as a figure on it's own...
    See...I would do it as an EXCLUSIVE to the Grayskull Playset as an extra incentive to purchase. Sort of like GI Joe always did with thier large vehicles, including exclusive pilot figures as an incentive. The CG robot is not important enough that anyone would NEED it in thier collection, and plus it goes with the playset.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Also, I'd pay an extra $30 if it came packed with an actual MOTUC figure version of the cardboard robot from the original Grayskull.
    I would love to have that robot. this would be a nice surprise
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I'm in. I have few expectations other than its the right size for motuc and the sculpt will look like the vintage toy with a real skull like facade and not have the "brick brows" of the afx statue.

Based on that, I can't wait!

This is the best reveal ever! This time, Scott really delivered when he said "best annoucment ever". I think I'll order two, just to do my part to make this toy a success.
    I just wish they had done this one or two years ago when the line was bigger than it is today. I'm sure we'll need more fans to campaign for this than we did in the summer when the 2013 sub was on the chopping block. Mo-Larr, Pixel-Dan and yodafreakmaster, we need you more than ever!
    Awesome sticker included!

Filmation CG would have been GREAT ! Still, Classics CG news is awesome !!

BTW, can he change it to Filmation Version ??
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Considering it's not the Filmation version I've wanted all my life, I'm passing on it. It should have looked as good as the statue that was revealed at SDCC, but it doesn't, and it will probably be riddled by QC problems anyway (like everything Mattel is making these days). So it's an easy pass.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    It should have looked as good as the statue that was revealed at SDCC, but it doesn't.
    Ok and how do you know this? They haven't even started working on it you know...
    Awesome sticker included!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    Ok and how do you know this? They haven't even started working on it you know...
    Well if it has that silly "crown" on the top...LOL.

Joking aside, yes, we have not seen it yet. And, predictably, as many of us have said - if they did do a Grayskull, many people would be disappointed that it wasn't in the style they wanted.

That said, why they chose the most obscure style is beyond me. If it looks like the pic they showed, I could deal with the "overbite" mouth, but the stupid little trinket thing at the top - I hope it's easily sanded off or something. It makes it look SO goofy...

I also am surprised no one has mentioned the arrow going toward the little paper mat thing under it. I hope Matty doesn't spend time making some silly cardboard mat to put under it - I can't imagine many people actually using such a thing.

I'm sure this is exactly the Grayskull some have wanted; though I do think a Filmation style one, or even just one based on the actual vintage toy, not the "rough draft" would be more popular.

But, of course, that doesn't matter - this is the one Scott wants, so it's the one we will get.

As long as I can rid it of that awful little ball at the top of the skull, I'm in.