Page 49 of 186 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Looking at the playmat... I HOPE it's not 4 sided.... that picture with moat on the inside of the castle where kids are sitting is absurd. OUTSIDE the castle would be cool.... but INSIDE??? Makes the castle look like it's 12'' deep before the figures are dead...

Now... HERES and idea
    How about... moat on the outside... stone pattern on the inside? With multiple peg holes in there for standing figures up? THAT I would get behind!!! Even better if the pegs come in a bag or something and we can set them up as we wish!

I actually don't care how they do it, just plain ol' excited that they ARE doing it at all. I've enjoyed what they 4H have done for both Icon Heroes Grayskull-themed items- the business cardholder and the entire Grayskull piece... when it comes to an "in scale to MOTUC figures Grayskull playset", I wholeheartedly trust that the Four Horsemen are not going to do any wrong, so just take my $$$ already, Mattel!

Heroic Warrior
    Anyone know when Matty is offering pre ordered for Castle Greyskull?

Shortly after NYCC in a couple of weeks.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Looking at the playmat... I HOPE it's not 4 sided.... that picture with moat on the inside of the castle where kids are sitting is absurd. OUTSIDE the castle would be cool.... but INSIDE??? Makes the castle look like it's 12'' deep before the figures are dead...

Now... HERES and idea
    How about... moat on the outside... stone pattern on the inside? With multiple peg holes in there for standing figures up? THAT I would get behind!!! Even better if the pegs come in a bag or something and we can set them up as we wish!
    Cool idea, makes absolutely sense...

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Not to be a party pooper, but... there's not going to be anything Filmation or '87 about the castle's interior or exterior. Mattel doesn't have the rights to (nor the interest in) either. They only acquired the rights to make Filmation characters; not beasts, vehicles or locations (so no Dragosaur or Collector anywhere on the horizon, either).

They've already stated it quite clearly: Mattel's CG will be Mark Taylor's clamshell-with-mat prototype with 4H-updated sculpt, and maybe some small surprise extra of Toyguru or someone else at Mattel's own concoction to make the thing "pop" (à la Panthor's helmet or Stinkor's forearms), and that's it. If people expect anything better, they're in for some disappointment come NYCC.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Actually they can make beasts, vehicles, and locations. They've already made two Filmation beasts in MOTUC. Scott said he won't make the Collector because of it's gargantuan scale, not because they can't.

It would be cool if, on the first level, maybe next to where the elevator is, there were a sculpted "door" that looks like the door to Etheria from the Secret of the Sword.

I'd also love to see the Sorceress's magic mirror.

The throne would be amazing, but I don't see that happening. I just hope they sculpt the throne so that the Sorceress figure can sit in it. If she can't, I think most of us would be really disappointed.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Actually they can make beasts, vehicles, and locations. They've already made two Filmation beasts in MOTUC. Scott said he won't make the Collector because of it's gargantuan scale, not because they can't.
    Which ones? Shadow Beast and Swiftwind? The former was released pre-Filmation rights (but they already owned the rights to the beast through 200X), and the latter was surely already at the later stages of development when they announced Filmation rights (but Mattel is the original owner of Swiftwind). What legal loophole they used to justify the Filmationesque look of their MotUC release I'm unsure of, but when they announced Filmation rights, they did state they had only acquired the rights to make characters (and not locations or anything else).

OTOH, almost everything Filmation is way bigger than their plastic counterparts (just look at their four-seater Wind Raider vs. the one-seater toy). The Collector would be perfectly feasible (about the size of Hasbro's Millenium Falcon at the most) if downscaled accordingly (two-seater instead of four-plus-seater).

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I just hope they sculpt the throne so that the Sorceress figure can sit in it. If she can't, I think most of us would be really disappointed.
    Actually, MotUC Sorceress can't sit anywhere (because of the hard-plastic wings), so it would be rather pointless.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Nope no loopholes like TRU Zodac. Swift Wind in Filmation colors was a direct result of acquiring Filmation rights. The same with Granamyr coming in red. They have the Filmation access to do anything in MOTUC, that was the whole point. Scott has also talked about making Sorrowful the Dragon to re-use the tooling.

Scott and Terry talked about the Sorceress Throne last year at Power Con. They said if they ever made a throne for her, they'd make a slot in the chair for her wings to fit in.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Not to be a party pooper, but... there's not going to be anything Filmation or '87 about the castle's interior or exterior. Mattel doesn't have the rights to (nor the interest in) either. They only acquired the rights to make Filmation characters; not beasts, vehicles or locations (so no Dragosaur or Collector anywhere on the horizon, either).
    Sorry, but you're wrong regarding Filmation; that's simply not how rights issues work in a situation like that. They have the rights to anything from the two shows, period.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    The great eye would be a killer addition. Like the film or not, it added something extra to grayskull!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Since Filmation (Magic Mirror) and the 1987 movie (Eye of the Universe) can add something to the mini-comic Grayskull, why not 200X/MYP? Maybe Grayskull could have the "Horde vs the Snake Men" mural hanging up somewhere, if Grayskull is getting 3 floors, instead of the old 2 floors. This might be more doable, since we might not get a Crystal Chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    It would be cool if, on the first level, maybe next to where the elevator is, there were a sculpted "door" that looks like the door to Etheria from the Secret of the Sword.

I'd also love to see the Sorceress's magic mirror.

The throne would be amazing, but I don't see that happening. I just hope they sculpt the throne so that the Sorceress figure can sit in it. If she can't, I think most of us would be really disappointed.
    Maybe they could re-purpose the Grayskull throne for Zodac/Zodak?
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; September 30, 2012 at 01:20pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

As a kid, I sincerely LOVED my Castle Grayskull but I really disliked the interior because it did not seem even remotely like the same place in the cartoon.

And it looks like the new concept would be the same. But I'm okay with that, now. I just want a nice huge Castle Grayskull with as much going for it as possible.

Best concept ideas include:

*Door to Etheria
    *Sorceress' Magic Mirror (holographic sticker for the face of the mirror)
    *Castle window larger than a teacup. (In the cartoon, the Sorceress often stood in the window and was seen waist up, entirely).
    *LOVE the roof floor concept that goes all the way around both sides. Good for standing the heroes on!
    *STAIRS would also be pretty cool!
    *A place for Castle Grayskull Man to reside.
    *Hidden compartment for the Orb.

There are so many ideas for this playset. I just know that whatever we get would be spectacular!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

When they made Marlena, they said they could make her look any way they wanted, b/c they created the character. So she was given her filmation look. Mattel also created Grayskull, so I think they can likely do anything they want with it. I could be wrong, but I don't see the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...llpainting.jpg
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...emenrelief.jpg

Since Filmation (Magic Mirror) and the 1987 movie (Eye of the Universe) can add something to the mini-comic Grayskull, why not 200X/MYP? Maybe Grayskull could have the "Horde vs the Snake Men" mural hanging up somewhere, if Grayskull is getting 3 floors, instead of the old 2 floors. This might be more doable, since we might not get a Crystal Chamber.
    Great idea. Probably too big and elaborate, but you never know. Imagine a little 200x section. Hall of secrets, mural, and a hidden room for the Bronze KG, or CG Man. This is how a 3rd wall would have been killer. I'd love one, even if it was cardboard and purely for visuals, lol.

What I'd really like to see, in addition to the vintage toy/prototype stuff, and the other props being mentioned:
    A miniature Spirit of the Castle. Ghostbusters style -the ghost on a stand. Maybe even gitd. This is a must!

Australian MOTU Fanatic! Aussie Stinkor's Avatar
    Did TG give an indication of how tall the castle will be from top to bottom?

Affects my cabinet display options

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Stinkor View Post
    Did TG give an indication of how tall the castle will be from top to bottom?

Affects my cabinet display options
    We should know more soon at NYCC.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Heroic Warrior
    Regardless I will buy this. I need that iconic castle.

I finally have have to chime in on this and give big props to mattel for allowing a pre-order. I could have seem them saying since the WindRaider sales were low. blah blah blah. .no more highly tooled items. Heck. .lets do a pre-order for Battle-Ram . still not sure why Wind Raider had low sales. I would think just about any fan would want one.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7;3129095 What I'd really like to see, in addition to the vintage toy/prototype stuff, and the other props being mentioned:
    A miniature [B
    Spirit of the Castle[/B]. Ghostbusters style -the ghost on a stand. Maybe even gitd. This is a must!

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...rsecomic21.jpg
    I really like this idea, but I feel if we're picking and choosing, I'd rather have new sculpting and tooling money go into accessories like the robot/space suit. Pack a full figure size (at least) Spirit of Grayskull with Oo-Larr/He-Man and make them a SDCC exclusive for 2013!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    still not sure why Wind Raider had low sales. I would think just about any fan would want one.
    Took me awhile to get one, part 'cause I'm not that into the vehicles in general, and mainly it was a space issue. I have a pretty big place by NYC standards, but it still doesn't leave a heck of a lot of room for displaying my toys. I took down everything that wasn't MOTUC and that made some extra space. Good thing, too, with a Castle Grayskull on the way!

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    For me, the main thing is the Sorceress' throne (styled after Filmation)! Anything else is just gravy. They might even be able to double-up on a couple of ideas: for instance, they could have a Great Eye-type thing that opens up to reveal interchangeable surfaces (one mirrored, one with an image of space, and a third that looks like a portal). I also really like MGM's suggestion for including the Fall of the Snake Men frieze somewhere.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    A miniature Spirit of the Castle. Ghostbusters style -the ghost on a stand. Maybe even gitd. This is a must!
    I want a Spirit too, but not a miniature one. He'll probably be too large to be in scale with MOTUC, but why not in scale with the Icon Heroes castle? Anyway, I love the idea.

"A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Vehicles aren't a must have for all fans. The Wind Raider isn't like a Battle Cat or even a Castle Grayskull, it's more in the optional department. It isn't He-Man's Batmobile.

I was guessing it was more popular than. I mean didn't tons of kids get the vintage one? it was awesome and like the first vehicle! Hard to see any of the other vehicles in MOTC than. Anyways, feeling good about getting a Castle Grayskull. .Everyone save up!