Page 50 of 186 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    I mean didn't tons of kids get the vintage one?
    I didn't. My parents found the MOTU vehicles too expensive. Instead of a Battle Ram I got a Grid Striker (which actually wasn't too bad, there was a lot of fun to be had with that one).
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    [

Since Filmation (Magic Mirror) and the 1987 movie (Eye of the Universe) can add something to the mini-comic Grayskull, why not 200X/MYP? Maybe Grayskull could have the "Horde vs the Snake Men" mural hanging up somewhere, if Grayskull is getting 3 floors, instead of the old 2 floors. This might be more doable, since we might not get a Crystal Chamber.

Maybe they could re-purpose the Grayskull throne for Zodac/Zodak?
    I think the third floor is the two platforms where you can stand someone at the top of the turrets. I don't think they are actually adding a full third level.

Those murals would be really cool. More applicable than random monsters etc.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    The Spirit of Grayskull could attach to the top of the Turrets like the Flag did, just like in Crusader's picture.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I'll take a Spirit of the Castle any way I can get it, but it would make sense to come with the Castle.

As for the Wind Raider--I never had it either. I knew better than to ask for vehicles and such, as it was never going to happen. But that doesn't mean I didn't like it, or want it. I can't believe people aren't buying the Wind Raider, but whatever. Hopefully they'll do a preorder for the Battle Ram one day.

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
    I think the third floor is the two platforms where you can stand someone at the top of the turrets. I don't think they are actually adding a full third level.
    They are--Scott said they want a full walkway right across the top.

I wonder what that third floor walkway is going to look like... I'm tingling for the B-Sheet already!!

Unfortunately, the CG will never be ultimate until Point Dread gets released.

I am excited by the possibility of a CG in Classics but I am so worried about where it will fit in my display and worried if I am going to stick with my normal two or go for a third. I guess in a couple of weeks I will have a better idea of what to expect

Australian MOTU Fanatic! Aussie Stinkor's Avatar
    Love the idea of hidey holes within te castle
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post
    It would be cool to have He-Ros tombstone incorporated into the playmat as well
    I forgot that was made into He-Ro's tombstone. I always figured it was just a stone marker signifying Castle Grayskull was near. That's most likely what it was intended to be. Now it's He-Ro's tombstone. No matter what folks look at the stone as, I'd love to have it as a separate sculpted piece that can be placed near the Castle.

Neat idea huh?
    I want my other half.

I remember Scott and Terry saying they'd never do the Sorceress throne last year at PowerCon because it would require too much tooling. This might be the closest chance to make one as part of the Castle Grayskull project.

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    A third wall of the castle would be ideal for that kind of thing.
    Would people be willing to pay $300 to get the right side of the castle included? Just curious
    I'd pay for that
    Most Wanted MOTUC's not shown: Quake, Sagitar, Dark Dream, Filmation Garth (post transformation), Filmation Evil Seed, MYP Miro, Lord Masque

I really think the price is too much. Anyone else agree?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by darrenk2283 View Post
    If it is as big as they are claiming it to be I think $200 is fine. The new tmnt playset is $130 and it is mass produced. I wish it was going to be cheaper because I'm sure people will pass on cg due to the price but I think it is in the price range it should be. I'm seriously anxious to see how fast we hit goal. I hope it doesn't come down to the wire.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I remember Scott and Terry saying they'd never do the Sorceress throne last year at PowerCon because it would require too much tooling. This might be the closest chance to make one as part of the Castle Grayskull project.
    Too much tooling? No. They knew she won´t be able to sit on the throne with those mis-engineered wings

Nope, they addressed that too. They said if they ever did make a throne for her, they'd make slots for her wings to go through.

I trust the boys on the exterior of the castle. I'll be happy with big tusks or classic teeth, and honestly I always liked the crumbly ruins of the old minicomic art, so seems like I'm set there. Iconic Grayskull bits for me include a proper toothy drawbridge, laser canon, and a flag. Anything else is flexible.
    Most of my wishlist is for interior features. First and foremost, I hope that it's not the undetailed concave of the facade. Those flat, featureless floors and plain walls always bothered me a bit as a kid. The interior improvements (slight though there were) were the bright spot of the '02 castle.

Stuff I'd love to see:

1. I think it'd be awesome if the dungeon grate could open and you could perhaps lay a figure down inside it amidst the gruesome beasties.

2. Portal/door with Pigs in Space style interchangeable backdrops for a shimmering Filmation portal and Etheria at least. Trolla would be nice too.

3. Some sort of alcove with a pedestal for whatever you want to put there: Grayskull Man, Bronze King Grayskull, the space suit, or just that vintage banner. Perhaps this could be part of a secret compartment for the orb and the power sword as well.

4. I hope the throne has some sort of Filmation nod to it, even if they do scale it down. I just dig the organic look. I never did like that Zodac chair (except when I pulled it out of the floor and used it as Zodac's chair) I, too, would love to see the Eye of the Universe behind the throne.

Other stuff. The weapon trainer and a three dimensional representation of the small cardboard weapon rack would be grand. Less excited about the torture rack and jetpack honestly. I'd probably just end up using the rack as Grayskull Man storage, Frankenstein-style alongside the weapons rack we already have. The playmat, if flagstones on the inside and abyss on the outside, sounds cool, but the flats always bothered me in the old castle, and a 2D playmat would likely go unused in my display (as I plan to sculpt my own base for it and incorporate there the things that I want but don't make it into the final piece. If the playmat is some sort of sculptural base, however, that would rock my socks.

Preorder or not, as much as I want Castle Grayskull? I can't justify spending $200-$300 on it.
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    CASTLE GRAYSKULL "MUST HAVES"

- A place to hold Castle Grayskull-Man
    - A place for Orb of Power stand
    - A place for Power Sword
    - Vintage Laser Cannon
    - Vintage Elevator with Gargoyle
    - Vintage Ladder
    - Vintage Flag
    - Vintage Throne
    - Sculpted Dungeon Vintage Sticker
    - Sculpted Armory cardboard
    - Sculpted Space Suit cardboard
    - Proto Torture Chamber
    - Proto Combat Trainer

I dont care:
    - Bat jet pack (bat elements are used by evil warriors and Horde)
    - Punch bag
    - Play Mat (it will raise the castle price and it will be useless for displaying the castle)
    Last edited by Snake Hunter; October 8, 2012 at 07:37pm.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I really hope it stays at the $200 mark. They are pushing to go beyond that.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by darrenk2283 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shokoti's Slave View Post
    Preorder or not, as much as I want Castle Grayskull? I can't justify spending $200-$300 on it.
    I agree, specially because for international fans it would be way more than 200, take into account that may be the shipping would be 50 then add the customs 50% for my country so that would be 250+125=375, and that is too much for me, ok we have one year from the preorder to the actual selling day but, I would have to choose between buying the figures or saving for CG.
    I´m sorry but I do not think that I would afford it, but time will tell.

I think the price is fine and could go up if needed I just wan the best Castle we can get an dI'd rather pay more than get an inferior product. Part of me wants the play mat to be sculpted, but if its a large circle that can't be removed it would make display kind of difficult. Really cant wait to see the picture at NYCC
    http://www.DoomKick.com -Toys reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    I was guessing it was more popular than. I mean didn't tons of kids get the vintage one? it was awesome and like the first vehicle! Hard to see any of the other vehicles in MOTC than. Anyways, feeling good about getting a Castle Grayskull. .Everyone save up!
    I think battle ram would have ben amuck better choice, but that's for another thread, I suppose...

Can't wait to hear more about the castle this week.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

I want this CG experiment. And I'm guessing it'll be closer to $300. Which I'm o.k. with. We'll quite possibly never have this opportunity again. I'll be getting the Icon heroes CG as well. Very excited...

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    I want this CG experiment. And I'm guessing it'll be closer to $300. Which I'm o.k. with. We'll quite possibly never have this opportunity again. I'll be getting the Icon heroes CG as well. Very excited...
    Maybe with shipping internationally, but in the US, I don't think it will hit $300.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRampageo View Post
    I think the price is fine and could go up if needed I just wan the best Castle we can get an dI'd rather pay more than get an inferior product. Part of me wants the play mat to be sculpted, but if its a large circle that can't be removed it would make display kind of difficult. Really cant wait to see the picture at NYCC
    Yeah, I'd rather pay $300 for a an awesome Grayskull than $200 for a so-so one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Maybe with shipping internationally, but in the US, I don't think it will hit $300.
    I'm betting $249.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Yeah, I'd rather pay $300 for a an awesome Grayskull than $200 for a so-so one.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm betting $249.
    With free shipping!
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.