Page 52 of 186 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

I'll reserve full judgement until wee see the upcoming info, but $250 is really pushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I would think they wouldn't use this mold for a movie retail version though. Wouldn't that upset fans that forked over $200 for the castle only to have a cheaper version of the same thing hit retail? Being that mass produced, the cost would probably be half what we'd pay on matty (maybe even cheaper factoring in shipping). I could see it falling in the $120 range like a certain sewer playset. If they were doing it to get ready for the retail version, I personally would wait for retail.
    Have you not been paying attention? Since when does Matty care about upsetting us after they already have our money?? LOL, I am just kidding of course, but I dont think they have any concerns on how much they can release CG for at a later date. That is just gravy for them.

I can see Castle Grayskull getting more and more expensive.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    I probably won't buy Castle Grayskull because at this point in the game, I don't have faith in Mattel to deliver me the quality I expect in a $200+ toy, and I don't have faith that they will make good on any issues that plague the whole production run. It's too much money for me to risk. I say there's a 50/50 chance at least that something significant goes wrong with this. Think about how many newly tooled parts are required... If Mattel put in writing that they will fix any production run issues and not just offer to replace individual units, then I would be much more likely to purchase one. But that will never happen because of their legal department or their cheapness.
    Nope. You're going to buy it. And you're going to love it. Because it is going to be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I'll reserve full judgement until wee see the upcoming info, but $250 is really pushing it.
    Agreed, with $250 price I'm estimating around $300 after shipping and tax. Gonna be a hard sell to my wife....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Of course I could be wrong, but I get the feeling if Scott just said 250. (which he did) I don't see it going up again unless something wild happens to costs of materials or changes of factories or whatever. It could happen, but I'll bet Scott addresses the price hike in the NYCC presentation.

And like Oulala said, we all know shipping is gonna be a beast on this. That's not Mattel's fault. Nor do I think they could negotiate free shipping with such a big heavy item. Stuff costs a lot to ship over from the factories peeps. It's just a reality we have to live with. I do recognize and sympathize that this may mean "no" for a lot of fans on a budget. It's gonna be expensive for sure.

I'm saving NOW. Got my envelope set aside specifically for this, I'm not gonna miss it if the Experiment goes as we hope it does. (Very well!)

REALLY anxious to see those b-sheets!!!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    Agreed, with $250 price I'm estimating around $300 after shipping and tax. Gonna be a hard sell to my wife....
    Then just get the one for you if she doesn't want one...

J/K
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Baena has a good idea. I'm making a Castle Grayskull piggy bank for me. I decided to drop all comics I currently buy, just order burgers at restaurants, and drop the extra channels I pay for on my cable. That should save me the $25 a month I need to get that castle next year at $300.

I hope.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

That is way too much for me... at least $300 once shipping and tax are included. I really hope that 2013 subscribers would get a cost break on it... really can't afford $1,000 for MOTU stuff next year. I am going to NYCC so I am really interested in what my money would get me if i did decide to sell a kidney for this.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

I called it in the PowerCon thread when this was announced.... no way it's staying at $200. Items like this always are more expensive than they originally state. Oh well, I guess I can't be too disappointed with this since it was expected. I just hope they don't cheap out on it to hit the price point....
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I can see Castle Grayskull getting more and more expensive.
    Yeah, but didn't we all see that possibility from the start?
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Probably not getting. No place to put it. Too much money.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Heroic Warrior
    Thatīs not good... I wonder how good is the B sheet we`ll see in a few days?

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
    I called it in the PowerCon thread when this was announced.... no way it's staying at $200. Items like this always are more expensive than they originally state. Oh well, I guess I can't be too disappointed with this since it was expected. I just hope they don't cheap out on it to hit the price point....
    I watched the reveal video recently and they only ever said "Approximately $200". I even think Scott said "probably higher" in the same breath. I always expected this to be closer to $250. They have me up to $300 for sure, because I'm a sucker for Grayskull so bad, but I'm really hoping it stays under that mark.

Heroic Warrior
    I keep seing people mention $250. When was this said?
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

on the matty Q&A board
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    I keep seing people mention $250. When was this said?
    See post #1 of this thread.

Even at $250 I'm getting one.

I was surprised when they announced the $200 price tag at Power-Con. I expected it to be much more anyways so $50 isn't that big of a deal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    At this price, quality is a must. They need to treat it like they did the Windraider. That vehicle has NO issues.
    I guess you forgot about the missing guns on the belly and horrible paint ops that plagued the Wind Raider back when it was first released last year.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Raider but it was hardly "issue-free."

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Likely with an effort akin to the labors of Hercules.
    In Mattel's defense, my Stay Puft return was REALLY easy. No hassles at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    Then don't tell her.

I'm holding off on a strong opinion one way or the other until we get more details about what we're actaully getting for our money. While I worry that the price increase may turn some fans away, I know Scott had mentioned in the past that if we do get a castle, Matty wants to do it right, and it takes the right price point to support those needed resources. Better that we get all of the bells and whistles you'd expect with a Castle Grayskull playset, than to have fans regret receiving a lower quality product that doesn't live up to their expectations.

I'll probably be nabbing one since the playsets were always a huge part of the reason I loved MotU growing up. $250 doesn't hurt me much more than $200; I can skip a few funnybooks and flicks. But here's hoping the price does't climb too high.

Can't wait to see that B sheet. Loved all those playset B sheets in the Power and Honor book.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Maker View Post
    I'll probably be nabbing one since the playsets were always a huge part of the reason I loved MotU growing up. $250 doesn't hurt me much more than $200; .
    This.

I'm not HAPPY about price climbs.... but since it won't come out of the bank for a year... it's a 'later problem'... At $200 I was ready sight unseen... if it gets MUCH more expensive... It MAY depend on what the 'stuff' is that goes with it...

Im thinkn it will come with an action figure. The card board cut out from the first castle.

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    Im thinkn it will come with an action figure. The card board cut out from the first castle.
    That would be good.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    Wouldn't that be another concept character, which they said they were going to stop doing for now?
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    Wouldn't that be another concept character, which they said they were going to stop doing for now?

They said they would stop in 2014.