Page 71 of 186 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalogan View Post
    So um. its about the same same size of the 200x one? The 200x has two "sides" that fold out.
    Well, two half-sides that fold-in, actually. They aren't full-sized.

Though I agree - at 30", it would have been even more impressive (the new one, that is). As to color, etc. - it's just a mock-up, I don't expect them to be exactly what we see.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalogan View Post
    How the hell am I gonna display my figures on the front side of it when they're all hiding on the back.. does that mean I'll have to get two? Or am I gonna have to get some slowly rotating device that spins it around my living room .?
    Honestly - that's what I think I am doing. You can build or buy a lazy susan for $20ish, more if you want it auto-rotating of course. But it seems the only way to really display this unless you indeed end up making a dual display.

#1.) The intro..."HHHhhheeY He-Fan & She-Ravers" the way he says it straight up made me do my Pee Wee laugh. Hilarity!

#2.) Sick...sick...beyond words...amazing...

#3.) HUGE!!!!

#4.) The scale for the back of the castle....amazing.

#5.) 4H Sculpt CG in THAT scale...$250 is worth it!
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

DR came through! I requested to cancel my CG pre-order because of the wrong shipping costs issue and they did.
    Now I can place a new pre-order with the correct (lower) shipping costs!
    I'm so happy I might even order 2 now
    Awesome sticker included!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    2. The Portal to Etheria. The new castle is way bigger than the old vintage one which means there MUST be room for a mirror sticker (similar to Bubble Power She-ra's sticker). Fans would go CRAAAAZY! That would be soo cool! They could also include a 'negative' print of the She-ra Sword. You would put the She-ra sword into the wall and pretend it activate the portal!
    I'm so glad this idea has caught on.

Although it's not terribly original, I think I was the first one to bring it up in the "what do we want in it" discussions when it was announced, and it got a great response. I really hope this one makes it in - it's really one of the most iconic Filmation items in the Castle.

To me it looks like that Horsemen are set on to do the castle as it looks by the Iconheroes, especially the front. I am not too keen on symmetrical skull look that they have been doing. However that is an overall detail, not necessarily a deal breaker.

But how does one display this thing? Outside is the most iconic, meaning that inside just doesn't get shown? With the cost and shipping, I am just on the fence. Maybe front only would have been the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    With the cost and shipping, I am just on the fence. Maybe front only would have been the way.
    A fašade would have been way more affordable indeed.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

What? I tried left and right to cancel mine and get the right price and they said no way! grrr. trying again tomorrow. nice to be lied to..again
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    DR came through! I requested to cancel my CG pre-order because of the wrong shipping costs issue and they did.
    Now I can place a new pre-order with the correct (lower) shipping costs!
    I'm so happy I might even order 2 now
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

Question:

I pre-ordered CG Tuesday at $344. Reading my credit card statements today, Sunday, I'm missing exactly that amount, but there are no details or transactions from Matty. Anyone else experiencing the same?
    Check out my blog about toys and food: http://toysandbacon.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    A fašade would have been way more affordable indeed.
    I am glad that so many enjoy the full playset, but personally I fail to see where most people need it. From what I see, some even just keep everything in boxes or opened up on selves, like me. Do not read me wrong, I am tempted, but it is these sort practical reasons that keep me so far from ordering.

HEY SOULGEM! Awesome avatar

HOLY CRAP THAT WORKED! I sent a message through the matty contact us thing like 4 hours ago complaining about the shipping charge changing and wanting to place a new preorder for the castle and just got a cancellation email letting me know it is done! Never call only email it would seem!
    Last edited by lemure77; October 21, 2012 at 12:48pm. Reason: compliment
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

A few things:
    First, at power con Scott announced a $200 price tag for CG and the crowd went wild. Scott looked over at Eric Treadaway, Eric looked back over at Scott, and both gave a look like, “Man, with this response we should have asked for more.” So I am happy we cheered ourselves to a $50 hike.

Second, I loved the video Scott did. I lost it with the intro, “Hhhheeyyyeee.”

Third—on a serious note—words cannot describe the amount of excitement I’m feeling for the release Castle Grayskull. With everything they have shown and the features they’re talking about makes this Grayskull sound every bit as fun as the original. I really hope Mattel goes forward, and it is important to remember that unless something drastic changes in the way toys are made, this very well may be the last time ever we see something like this happen.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Very well-said. These points often do need to be repeated on here though, lol.

Although, the interior of the 200x Castle does have some cool elements.

I've said it already, but I do think there should be a couple of filmation accessories inside, at the very least.
    Although, if it doesn't happen, there is always hope for extra preorder Grayskull walls if this one does well. Imagine a right wall dedicated to 200x elements, and a back wall for filmation elements?

All of these are things that I want.
    Ask me about my power. I bring new meaning to the phrase superhuman.

Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    I am glad that so many enjoy the full playset, but personally I fail to see where most people need it. From what I see, some even just keep everything in boxes or opened up on selves, like me. Do not read me wrong, I am tempted, but it is these sort practical reasons that keep me so far from ordering.
    They're going for the most ultimate playset ever. They want to go all out and create something iconic. Facade, while convenient for space, would have been incomplete.

I did the deed and ordered one.
    Have No Fear, Smith Is Here!

the dungeon ceiling should be lower and the throne room ceiling should be higher.

After seeing the video I'ld actually be happy with a do it yourself foam mock up for 20 bucks or so.....make it so

Heroic Warrior
    I appreciate that Matty is giving us this chance. I was just wondering.. Considering how we had to rally around MOTUC for the next year of subscriptions, do you feel if Castle Greyskull was offered earlier in the line, it would be an easier sell?

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    So basically simply put: Mattel is "kickstarting" the castle..... very cool.

Heroic Warrior
    Agreed manowar, yeah when the hype was at a real high it would have hot caked

Very curious to see what the thermometer did over the weekend...
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Very curious to see what the thermometer did over the weekend...
    Ditto...
    I read about a few casual MOTU collectors jumping on this!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Heroic Warrior
    Thermometer is still the same one as was there Friday. At least as of 2:21PM EST on Monday. What is it they say about a watched pot?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    What is it they say about a watched pot?
    I think it has something to do with being instantly gratified.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior undeadplastic2711's Avatar
    Ok tried to Pre order the castle and it says card validation failed, that's funny because I have plenty of funds available and it's the same card that's used for my subs. Anyone else have that issue? I'll try again but if it does the same thing then I'm going to say the hell with it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by undeadplastic2711 View Post
    Ok tried to Pre order the castle and it says card validation failed, that's funny because I have plenty of funds available and it's the same card that's used for my subs. Anyone else have that issue? I'll try again but if it does the same thing then I'm going to say the hell with it.
    boy you must really want the castle if that is going to make you say to hell with it lol
    the ignore list is my new best friend