Page 74 of 186 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

----------UPDATE-----------

I posted this in the preorder thread, but I wanted to let others following this thread know.

The Deadline for the MOTUC Castle Grayskull was altered from Nov 10th to Nov 12th now...

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...ctID.258165100

[I updated the MOTUC Castle Grayskull Timer to show the new deadline]
    Last edited by Replikor; October 22, 2012 at 09:55pm.

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    LOL Nate dont ever take anything SCB says to heart

He is one of my favorite button pushers here lol
    Oh I know, believe me I know!
    Love me some SCB posts.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I noticed that the previous thermometer file name was "thermometer_2500.jpg". The newly updated one is "thermometer_3000.jpg".

Has this been discussed? Think they are referencing counts?

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dog View Post
    I noticed that the previous thermometer file name was "thermometer_2500.jpg". The newly updated one is "thermometer_3000.jpg".

That's what I think. I tried putting other numbers like 4000 and 5000 in the URL to see if the pics are already on the server, but no dice.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dog View Post

honestly i think its just a number, if they had pre sold 3000 units already we would be fine to get this Castle made.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I back winners.
    Good one!
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    honestly i think its just a number, if they had pre sold 3000 units already we would be fine to get this Castle made.
    Assuming thats whats needed, Honestly with the turn out for subscriptions and the push to move them from the fans i wouldn't be surprised if that thermoeter is looking low longer then it needs to be to drive sales... and i normally aint that conspricay guy, but marketing wise will its not compeletly honest it is a good move

Heroic Warrior undeadplastic2711's Avatar
    I'm just fed up with DR, that is why is said to hell with it. I really want that castle, more than u know. But it shouldn't be complicated, I will give it another go though
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior doomseeker_harry's Avatar
    So we know that the new CG box will be about 20 .lbs in total weight. But what about the size dimensions of the box? Did Mattel already tell anything about it? Will the box be more like the vintage box (very wide - complicated and expansive to ship) or will it be overall as tightly arragend as possible?
    I am always interested in buying rare vintage Motu stuff. Feel free to send me a pm if you got something for sale.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I personally wait for 2013 or 2014 and buy it on secondary market in Germany for a higher price. I have no faith in the quality anymore, so I won´t buy it blindly. If Mattel doesn`t make it right, or some production errors appear, I have lost no money for an inferior product, when it`s awesome I`ll gladly buy it.
    Honestly, that is something I am worried about and why I am hesitant. At least, one of the reasons I have hesitant.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by doomseeker_harry View Post
    So we know that the new CG box will be about 20 .lbs in total weight. But what about the size dimensions of the box? Did Mattel already tell anything about it? Will the box be more like the vintage box (very wide - complicated and expansive to ship) or will it be overall as tightly arragend as possible?
    The truth is they have almost no idea how much its going to way. Its a guess on the weight
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Im a first time sub holder for the 2013 sub and from what ive heard aboat QC and DR. its gona be a nail biter getting my first figure,never mind biteing my nails getting a castle Grayskull.but I realy do want one.just wish I could but more faith in this new system of buying toys.

Court Magician
    The only problem I've ever had with a sub or DR is rip off shipping that is super slow. $8.70 they could ship my figs priority but they use.something slower than media mail

If we don't meet the minimum TG should release the template for the Foam castle as a PDF then we can print it out and make our own
    it would be a nice consolation if we don't meet the minimum

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    Quote Originally Posted by doomseeker_harry View Post
    Unless this thing is going to be something much nicer than a "clam shell" I really don't see it coming anywhere near 20-lbs. 20 pounds is a LOT of plastic. A fully boxed MOTUC figure only weighs about 1-pound, and they are pretty much solid plastic. The castle is going to be a clamshell design. Mind you, I am not complaining. I just think Matty (rightfully) erred on the side of caution. They cannot afford to lose money shipping. I'd be willing to bet that the castle comes in more around 10 or 15 pounds.

We are at about 50% then, if I read it correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by Fug-Lee-Faces View Post
    Unless this thing is going to be something much nicer than a "clam shell" I really don't see it coming anywhere near 20-lbs. 20 pounds is a LOT of plastic. A fully boxed MOTUC figure only weighs about 1-pound, and they are pretty much solid plastic. The castle is going to be a clamshell design. Mind you, I am not complaining. I just think Matty (rightfully) erred on the side of caution. They cannot afford to lose money shipping. I'd be willing to bet that the castle comes in more around 10 or 15 pounds.
    I'm hoping it's more than a clamshell. And what they've shown in the bluelprints leads me to think it will be.

I hope we get interior sculpted walls, not just the reverse of the front.
    You can see thickness to the walls on the blueprints.

There's really a lot more going on with this than what we had with the vintage castle.

No stickers and cardboard pieces, each computer, weapon, decoration on the wall, will be sculpted! I'd imagine a big bag o' pieces with "Some assembly required" on this sucker. It's gonna be awesome!

There's the floors, I'll bet they're heavier than the old stuff, plus the roof pieces.
    The alternate handle piece, the dungeon walls with the door. The whole base piece the castle sits on.

Seriously, take some time to look over these blueprints some more, the more you look into them, the more you start to see, it's awesome!

http://castlegrayskull.info/?p=33 (click the pics for bigger images)
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    I hope we get interior sculpted walls, not just the reverse of the front.
    You can see thickness to the walls on the blueprints.

There's really a lot more going on with this than what we had with the vintage castle.
    I really do hope we get those interior sculpted walls. That would be cool.

I wish they would enlarge the pic of those blue prints....

Practicing what I'm preaching, looking at the blueprints again.
    The Jaw-Bridge door... I think I figured out the blooper there.
    On the Exterior view, we see the door is 8.950" tall. And there's an arrow to indicate the width, but no number given.
    On the Interior view, we see light green lines going up and down, but I think that must be from another image used to create this blueprint?
    I think the 5.5" number there isn't a typo, I think it's the width of the door.

Maybe someone else already figured this out? I'm just having fun pouring over these blueprints and building my anticipation for this thing becoming reality!

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by goatboy413 View Post
    The only problem I've ever had with a sub or DR is rip off shipping that is super slow. $8.70 they could ship my figs priority but they use.something slower than media mail
    Agreed goatboy, agreed!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Maybe someone else already figured this out? I'm just having fun pouring over these blueprints and building my anticipation for this thing becoming reality!
    I posted a similar thought earlier. I really think this is the case because the numbers match with the visuals. And it just makes sense

It's interesting to me how different opinions seem to be playing out with this Castle sale. The majority of fans seem blown away by the sheer massiveness of the scale and volume of planned accessories, levels, and overall play value of this set and thankfully bought in early and often. But there is always a contingent who are not quite sold and I'm not sure Mattel will ever be entirely able to sway these folks. Lest they were able to literally hold the set in-hand, pull it apart, and guarantee the show model they were looking at would completely mirror their own, there will always be doubters. In other words, sometimes you just can't please the dyed in the wool fence sitters.

Extremes of any length in this hobby- (i.e., do I/don't I buy a sub, do I/don't I buy an expensive play set) induce hand-wringing as those on tight budgets or with axes to grind towards Matty endlessly debate only to usually walk away by the end having done or contributed nothing. And then the next thing comes along and it's rinse, repeat. Granted, not every figure, play set, sub, sub concept, etc., will appeal and market forces will drive these failed ideas into dust (as well they should), but those who endlessly debate and ultimately walk away only to later waggle their fingers at the rest of us when something inevitably goes wrong, are tiresome and seemingly ubiquitous in this hobby.

Who knows what will we'll eventually get, but I'd like to be counted among those who supported the concept with my hard earned virtual dollars. Let the worry warts bother over Matty's past failings. Me, I see a glass on this table that is half-full.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    It's interesting to me how different opinions seem to be playing out with this Castle sale. The majority of fans seem blown away by the sheer massiveness of the scale and volume of planned accessories, levels, and overall play value of this set and thankfully bought in early and often. But there is always a contingent who are not quite sold and I'm not sure Mattel will ever be entirely able to sway these folks. Lest they were able to literally hold the set in-hand, pull it apart, and guarantee the show model they were looking at would completely mirror their own, there will always be doubters. In other words, sometimes you just can't please the dyed in the wool fence sitters.

Extremes of any length in this hobby- (i.e., do I/don't I buy a sub, do I/don't I buy an expensive play set) induce hand-wringing as those on tight budgets or with axes to grind towards Matty endlessly debate only to usually walk away by the end having done or contributed nothing. And then the next thing comes along and it's rinse, repeat. Granted, not every figure, play set, sub, sub concept, etc., will appeal and market forces will drive these failed ideas into dust (as well they should), but those who endlessly debate and ultimately walk away only to later waggle their fingers at the rest of us when something inevitably goes wrong, are tiresome and seemingly ubiquitous in this hobby.

Who knows what will we'll eventually get, but I'd like to be counted among those who supported the concept with my hard earned virtual dollars. Let the worry warts bother over Matty's past failings. Me, I see a glass on this table that is half-full.
    Here here Stygian360. Well said.

The thermometer is coming along nicely! MAN I'm really trying to not get excited until we have hit the mark, but I'm failing.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    The thermometer is coming along nicely! MAN I'm really trying to not get excited until we have hit the mark, but I'm failing.
    I know what you mean! And the thermometer not being an actual count is kind of more exciting…seeing it jump in giant chunks is more dramatic lol.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!