Page 80 of 186 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I on the other hand would be over the moon if the final sculpt looked like Mark Taylor's prototype. It's my favourite version, the boxart is a close second, but nothing beats that grim and ghoulish face
    I'll be honest, my problem is specifically the exaggerated mouth. It just doesn't look right to me. The way it jutts out is just off-putting.

I'm a little irritated with Scott (must be a day that ends in "Y", LOL). Although yes when talking about it originally the very first time they mentioned the prototype, neither the extensive blueprints that were shown nor the mock up had that exaggerated look. It is Toy Box Grayskull, classic, through and through. Everything but his very original statements (if you believe him, before the designs were even drawn) has reflected that.

I just think it makes the castle go from cool and foreboding to goofy - and I don't want a Goofy-Grayskull, and I'm willing to bet the majority of people who have pre-ordered based on the blueprints in the order page would agree.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Iris Wildthyme View Post
    Ah, thanks for this Krueger. Hmmm, so at current exchange rates we are looking at about £220 then, pre-customs. It is tempting, especially given how much I paid for Shadow Weaver off ebay. But... I just don't think I have the room for it and it may come with a divorce if I did bite!
    Sounds like a win/win!

Wife leaves, freeing up the other side of the bed for Castle Grayskull.

I say go for it.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    What's with all the hatred for the prototype? This kind of criticism is really beyond me. The prototype and the vintage toy are really not that different. The vintage toy is more flat and less organic and less detailed because they had to make it flatter to fit in the box and less detailed to make it cheaper to produce.
    The prototype is really quite close to the box art and especially to the illustrations in the old mini comics.
    Some people talk about the prototype as if it was a completely different castle like the 200X version.
    It's jus a more organic, more detailed and older looking version of the vintage toy.
    Some fans grew up with Filmation and want that Castle. Others want the original toy. We have fans who want an Alcala/Taylor prototype castle.

Almost everyone wanted Castle Grayskull, but you simply CANNOT please everyone.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Some fans grew up with Filmation and want that Castle. Others want the original toy. We have fans who want an Alcala/Taylor prototype castle.

Wordddd!!!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

I can see the difference between the Filmation and toy versions. But still, what I'm trying to say is that many people here make it sound as if the prototype was a fundamentally different concept. It was not. It's just a bit more organic looking and has a ledge. I honestly don't see the problem that people seem to have with it at all.
    Awesome sticker included!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    I can see the difference between the Filmation and toy versions. But still, what I'm trying to say is that many people here make it sound as if the prototype was a fundamentally different concept. It was not. It's just a bit more organic looking and has a ledge. I honestly don't see the problem that people seem to have with it at all.
    Some fans want a more solid, harder looking Grayskull. A major complaint is that they don't like the prototype's softer, "melted" look.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

The Sorceress needs a place to rest her weary back and shoulders from those coffee cans!

LOL..so true. Seeing the prototype of the inside of the Castle, got me all ****** off again about the Sorceress's "coffee cans". There is no way the Sorceress can sit on the throne...or anything. The number one figure to display with the castle is practically useless. I'm definitely posing her on the turret, but man how cool would it be to have her in the throne room.

It's not just the large barrels on the back of the Sorceress that will prevent her from sitting in the throne, it's also the wings, especially the middle section in the back. They would have to create a very specialized throne for her to sit in, though I'm sure if anyone could figure it out, the 4H could. Maybe we'll need a Sorceress 2.0.
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

I'd rather they not mess with the vintage throne at all in trying to accommodate her. It wasn't meant for her anyway. Either make interchangeable thrones, or make her a real Sorceress throne at some point instead, steps and all.
    Skeletor will be the one sitting on the throne in my castle. King He-Man too, although the cape will likely prevent that so I'd have to use different armor.
    I'll need to find some kind of red velvet cloth to drape over the throne as well.

I played with He-Man, poured over the mini-comics and had Castle Grayskull (my fave childhood Christmas) before the cartoon was born, so I have no problems with them using the prototype, box art or original toy as a basis for the upcoming sculpt.

My interests in this line are the original 8 figures, Battle Cat, Wind Raider, Castle Grayskull and Battle Ram (if it gets made).

When I saw the sculpt for Mer-Man I flipped out. It always bugged me that the original figure's face looked more like Garfield than the art on the back of the packaging.

This is in no way bashing the Filmation look and concepts. Just another voice expressing their point of view and saying thanks to The Four Horsemen for making this boy's dream come true.

I love the mini comics... especially the first 4. So this castle is pretty much perfect for me. The price is not... as I have said earlier, if I can avoid damage from Hurricane Sandy, I think I'll buy CG.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

so looks like MOTUC CG will be around 15% bigger than the 200x (it had 3 levels) and cost 150% more. yep. this ones easy. pass.

Castle Grayskull sculpted by the Four Horsemen. Yep. This ones easy. Buying!

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Please God No.

If it has that huge elongated mouth I will be so very, very disappointed and sad. That is not the Castle Grayskull that has been loved and cherished for decades. I pre-ordered because the mock up did not look like it, I thought they had come to their senses. I don't care how long the teeth are, or what shape the eyes are to a crazy level of detail, but the stuck out jaw looks unnatural, and matches neither the toy box art or Filmation. When will Scott learn to stop catering to the most minor versions of things. I will be so, so disappointed if it looks like that deformity.

Very few people want a cartoony play-mat - chuck it. I'm sure some will argue, so maybe a poll is in order - but I truly cannot imagine many of us would display using some little flat cartoony playmat around it - it simply does not fit in with the MOTUC aesthetic.

I wish he'd stop mentioning Snake Mountain - talk about false hope. Grayskull has been up for nearly two weeks now and only half way there, I just can't see a Snake Mountain making it. I'd LOVE for it to - but I just think this is bait, like all the garbage we were told to get us to re-sub this year.

HA!!!!!!!!!!!

Believe it when I see it, Scott.

This is what you said almost A YEAR AGO.

If it finally shows up, great - but seriously, it's still a fail because if it takes a year to code one webpage then there is a severe problem going on and it's not just your ego this time - it's full on delusion.

I agree and I only want an actual 3-d built chasm diarama display (the walls stretching across the deep pit) to actually "lift" greyskull up where you can have your own filmation accurate designed castle over an abyss with the walkway bridge and castle front door and everything. I mentioned it in theask Scott thread thats now been deleted along with more filmaton and cartoon ideas but it didnt get answered.
    Ask me about my power. I bring new meaning to the phrase superhuman.

I really do hope they put in a limited articulated robot, kind of like cringer. If they made one that just moved its arms and could hold a blaster or something, that would be awesome. I actually don't want a fully articulated CG robot, this would be cooler to me: my reasoning is that we already have CGM as like a fully articulated sentry. CG Robot with limited motion would be cool to position around the castle, would ALWAYS stand up, and would be a great additional incentive to buy the castle.

And yes, being that the 4H are sculpting it, I see it as an art piece by my favorite artists. That is what is pushing me towards a purchase. I would like to spend that money on a new surfboard, but if my current boards don't float away in Sandy, I should be OK for one more year with what I have!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I'll wait eagerly for the final version of Castle Grayskull that Mattel will have to display sooner or later. Until then, of course, we won't take anything for granted, because we can clearly see that we just can't trust Mattel's/Matty's vague and confusing statements about CG.
    Last edited by Prahvus; October 29, 2012 at 11:57am.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    I'll wait eagerly for the final version of Castle Grayskull that Mattel will have to display sooner or later. Until then, of course, we won't take anything for granted, because we can clearly see that we just can't trust Mattel's/Matty's vague and confusing statements about CG.
    By 'we', of course, you mean yourself. There's nothing vague or confusing about any of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    There's nothing vague or confusing about any of this.
    Confusing no, but very vague on the answers. Almost all answers contain..."can't commit", "no guanrantee", "try", "don't know" or some form of that. I think there are only 2 or 3 answers that include "it will have". I guess it just depends on what side of the fence for CG that you are on. If you are pro CG you think there is more in the answers than there actually is. If you are not pro CG (or on the fence) than the answers are lacking.

That's mostly about requested extra elements and such people are asking for. They have provided the b-sheet, which shows the castle's dimensions, both inside and out, and a rough drawing of the sculpt, which will be based on the prototype and vintage toy. It shows most of what will be included, and things that aren't shown have been stated. Again, based on the prototype and vintage toy. Anything else they get to will be a bonus, and they will try to fit in as much as possible. They can't make promises about that stuff. There's been a foam mockup to show the size compared to the figures. Both Scott and the 4H have been upfront about what they want to do with this, and it's been pretty transparent imo. Apart from an actual sculpt which they can't do yet, they've shown quite a bit. I mean, they have to in order to get sales for an expensive toy that isn't even made, lol.

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Possibly. I really enjoy the monster faces though. They REALLY creeped the hell out of me when I was little. It's a place of sheer horror.

About Filmation Castle Grayskull, the front we see (in the Transformation scene) is a very odd perspective...and we're not literally looking directly at the Castle. It's like the camera is at the bottom of the door, tilted all the way up towards the roof. If you look at a side shot of Filmation Grayskull and compare it to the original box art, I think they look very similar (in my opinion).

You have to keep in mind, these two pictures are still not at the same angle.

http://media.screened.com/uploads/0/..._grayskull.jpg

http://www.poeghostal.com/wp-content...AYSKULLART.jpg
    Amazing point right there

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzchuck View Post
    Grayskull is Grayskull to me. The Castle changes from painting to painting within the cartoon and other media. Just like every artist draws a comic character slightly differently. I understand having a preference, but I don't really understand passing up owning Grayskull because of the shape of the eyes or teeth. Lot of people wanted chrome legs on the new Voltron, but he was based on the cartoon where he had gray. I would have bought either because It's a 23" tall Voltron.
    My sentiments exactly
    Most Wanted MOTUC's not shown: Quake, Sagitar, Dark Dream, Filmation Garth (post transformation), Filmation Evil Seed, MYP Miro, Lord Masque

Standing solitary in the desolate lands of Eternia®, the legendary Castle Grayskull® offers sanctuary for He-Man® and those who stand for all that is good. An essential component in the original Masters of the Universe® toy line, this long-awaited icon is finally available for pre-order. Whether you’re a dedicated fan of the original series or new to the Classics line, no collection will truly be complete without Castle Grayskull®!

Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Standing solitary in the desolate lands of Eternia®, the legendary Castle Grayskull® offers sanctuary for He-Man® and those who stand for all that is good. An essential component in the original Masters of the Universe® toy line, this long-awaited icon is finally available for pre-order. Whether you’re a dedicated fan of the original series or new to the Classics line, no collection will truly be complete without Castle Grayskull®!

I agree completely. Until we have Castle Grayskull on our shelves, then no collection will be complete without Snake Mountain, then the Firght Zone, then Crystal Castle, the the Three Towers....

Here's a fun photostrip promoting the Castle pre-order:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...cfm%3Fid%3D470

And how about Stay-Puft hanging out with a Castle Mock-up for scale:

MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

Heroic Warrior

Absolutely true.

However, you can find out what the most requested items/versions is, and when it's ignored, it's hard to understand why (Frosta in Gray is the perfect example of this).

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Lynch View Post
    Here's a fun photostrip promoting the Castle pre-order:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...cfm%3Fid%3D470

And how about Stay-Puft hanging out with a Castle Mock-up for scale:

http://www.castlegrayskull.info/images/scale01.png
    Nice comparison size wise, but did you photoshop Stay Puft?? I thought he was yellow?