Page 84 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 4573

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Some fans grew up with Filmation and want that Castle. Others want the original toy. We have fans who want an Alcala/Taylor prototype castle.

Almost everyone wanted Castle Grayskull, but you simply CANNOT please everyone.
    The most well received toys in this line have been the ones that amalgamate Filmation with toy, mini-comic, 200X, or 8back designs: Bow, Beast Man, He-Man (i.e. the Filmation color of his armbands), Swift Wind, Shadow Beast, Bubble Power She-Ra (when combined with the 1.0 style guide head), and Orko, just to name a few. Our complaint is not so much that Mattel didn't do a completely Filmation castle so much that as they didn't incorporate any Filmation elements into its design. Mattel should have done what Icon Heroes did with their statue and make an impressive blend that had a little bit for everyone.

When we're talking about three hundred non-refundable dollars, it doesn't cut it to say, "We might put in some Filmation elements, even though we haven't shown a single one on any of the official artwork, so put down that massive wad of cash just in case!" This was poor planning on Mattel's part.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    You know, the more I think about it, the more I just do not want the castle. Sure, it would be awesome to own, but also all it is is a background prop to stand my figures in front of for pictures. That means I am paying $300 for a backdrop. I can do that by printing out a picture of the castle's front itself and putting my figures in front of it for maybe $30. I just cannot justify the cost of the castle for something that is essentially going to be wallpaper.
    This is another problem I have with the castle. Yes, I still play with my figures, but are any of us really going to get enjoyment out of making our figures ride the elevator like when we were small children? Instead of remaking play features, the budget should have gone into recreating details from artistic interpretations of the castle that we've always imagined using for our figures. Imagine every detail of the movie or Filmation throne room, the 200X crystal basement containing the orb, or mural from the 200X Power of Grayskull episode, instead of that jail cell and bat armor. At this stage in our lives, I think the majority of us are more impressed with detailed, sculpted set/diorama pieces than a traditional playset.
    Last edited by Sword-of-Grayskull; November 5, 2012 at 04:37pm.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Snappy Threader
    I would like to hang my hat on preorders from toy sites, but they are all charging over 100 dollars more than Matty so idk.

Matty says we are at around 65 % right know 1 week before the deadline, so come on people, order your grayskull now, and you will also get a free poster with all the figures in one size comparing to the sub-posters!!

"MOTU Fans,

As if the fact it’s Castle Grayskull® isn’t enough, we’re sweetening the offer with a deal even Skeletor® couldn’t resist… if we meet the 11/12/12 minimum production goal date and production moves forward, every pre-order placed between 10/16/12 and 1/3/13 will include a first-ever exclusive Masters of the Universe® Classics cross-sell poster!

Featuring all MOTUC figures released at the time of production and printed in beautiful full-color, this illustrative poster will be consistent in size to the Preternia and Subternia maps created for Club Eternia® (approximately 30”w x 20”h). You’ll want two of them – one to frame and the other to track your collection! Although some sets will be available at MattyCollector.com after pre-orders are filled, the price will be higher and they will not include this authentic collector must-have poster. The only way to get both Castle Grayskull® and the poster guaranteed is to order during the pre-order period, so don’t wait. (And if you’ve already pre-ordered, yes, you’ll get the poster, too.)

There’s only one week left to hit the target goal needed to make sure production moves forward! The original Castle Grayskull® was offered in 1981, making it over 30 years since it’s been available… don’t risk waiting another 30 years. Make sure you check out all the details, including pricing and features, and get your pre-order in right away because the pre-order minimum production goal needs to be met on November 12th at 11:59pm PT or Castle Grayskull® won’t go into production. Remember, when it comes to Castle Grayskull®, it is you who truly has the power!

–Matty"

- - - Updated - - -

By the way,what has happend to castlegrayskull.info, they did not do updates for quite a while!?

Snappy Threader
    Matty needs to get some videos out or something....

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    i actually dont want to hit the minimum!......I WANT TO BLOW PAST IT LEAVING IT FOR DUST! do i want a castle costed out to the bare minimum? no, i want one with extra add-ons easter eggs and nods to the toons comics and even the movie but that cant happen unless we subscribe

how many of you missed out on the original castle and paid through the nose for it later, again with the 200x castle how many vintage fans bought that castle to go with your collection (i bought it to go with my classics!)

this is going to be a limited item at best yes its 250 when buying from matty but how much will it be on ebay amazon or the rest

this isnt just a castle grayskull for classics the vintage figures will be able to hang around it (vintage he-man on battle cat will more than likely fit through the door, 200x characters will have huge sword spinning jumpy battles over it, and thats not even including what comes next!

classics will be replaced one-day and if it is a smaller line then it is very unlikely we will get a castle, so the future walting talking remote control action he-man and skeletor will need somewhere to fight too!

all im saying is dont look at this as classics grayskull look at this as our chance to get the greatest and mabye final tribute to a castle of mystery and wonder that has enflamed all our hearts and entertane familys around the world!
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

WE NEED FAN VIDS!!! Come on guys!!!

PLEASE!!! Buy your MOTUC Castle Grayskull preorder!!! DONT WAIT!!!

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    WE NEED FAN VIDS!!! Come on guys!!!

PLEASE!!! Buy your MOTUC Castle Grayskull preorder!!! DONT WAIT!!!
    I echo this, Don't wait, Palpitate!!!

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    I echo this, Don't wait, Palpitate!!!
    Where is Daniel Benedict at?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Where is Daniel Benedict at?
    Judging from the Castle Graykullman review, I would guess he's laying unconscious in Pixel Dan's basement somewhere.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by geooco View Post
    Judging from the Castle Graykullman review, I would guess he's laying unconscious in Pixel Dan's basement somewhere.
    HAHAHA! Indeed!!!

Hey Dan! Go toss some water on him an tell him you will let him go if he makes a MOTUC Grayskull sales promotional video!!

Why doesn't the 200X Castle Grayskull count? Anywho poster deal is cool but if they sell it on Matty like they are saying it loses exclusivity. I just wish today was the 12th.

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    Why doesn't the 200X Castle Grayskull count? Anywho poster deal is cool but if they sell it on Matty like they are saying it loses exclusivity. I just wish today was the 12th.
    ...[confused].... so... you wish today was the 12th because you want it to fail?...or what? ....as we are only at 65% bud....if today was the 12th MOTUC Grayskull would be dead in the water...

...[confused].... so... you wish today was the 12th because you want it to fail?...or what? ....as we are only at 65% bud....if today was the 12th MOTUC Grayskull would be dead in the water...
    I wish it was the 12th so we can finally get the results. I was the same way at the end of the sub drive. I can't stay off of here because I want to see if we are still buying them. I just want to sleep until then lol and wake up to great news. I seriously want a Grayskull!!!

I wish it was the 12th so we can finally get the results. I was the same way at the end of the sub drive. I can't stay off of here because I want to see if we are still buying them. I just want to sleep until then lol and wake up to great news. I seriously want a Grayskull!!!
    OH OH!!! OK, totally my bad. I didnt understand what ya meant bud.

OH OH!!! OK, totally my bad. I didnt understand what ya meant bud.
    No problem man. There is a lot of excitement right now and I am really looking forward to the future of MOTU.

No problem man. There is a lot of excitement right now and I am really looking forward to the future of MOTU.
    oh man, I totally hear ya.... I am excited an COMPLETELY nervous now over this low Grayskull %'s at the moment... PLEASE LET THIS GET MADE!!!

Come on guys!!! MOTUC Sale Drive!!!!

If the Castle and the poster does go through, I hope that for the poster, they use the Fimation head for She-Ra instead of the upside down mask and the mustached head for Bow.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    If the Castle and the poster does go through, I hope that for the poster, they use the Fimation head for She-Ra instead of the upside down mask and the mustached head for Bow.
    Be cool if they can show all versions (meaning all heads etc)

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    IF Mattel is giving us correct updates (and not skewing the numbers) then I personally don't see CG happening....unless Mattel eases up on their minimum order requirement.
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

Well, would Matty extend the deadline if we are, say, 85%-95%? Maybe with another week or two we can get there.

But right now, I have a bad feeling about this.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    What is stopping them from leaving the pre order up until we hit the minimum? Then go forward with cg then??? Just a thought...

- - - Updated - - -

What is stopping them from leaving the pre order up until we hit the minimum? Then go forward with cg then??? Just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post

- - - Updated - - -

They have to have the goal met by November 12th so that Management will release the resources to have the Horsemen sculpt the castle. This is going to take some time to sculpt to do it right and to put the love into it the Horsemen promised us so November 12th is the deadline.

Mattel's own crappy business model.

J

- - - Updated - - -

They are leaving the preorder open after the deadline...but it won't continue unless the minimum is hit on 11/12.

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I am VERY worried about the size of the box that will be needed to ship Castle Grayskull. I am trying to help out a few international friends, but I am worried the box will be too large to ship to some countries (Australia, South America, etc.) due to the size/ girth restrictions making this a huge gamble.
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778