Page 89 of 186 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    Oh, we are getting so close! I cant wait for Monday to see the final graphic and hopefully we make it!
    They will keep us in suspense until noon time Tuesday I bet........we will all be going crazy.

Heroic Warrior
    Awesome stuff guys, the roughness in how you guys handle your figures really makes me laugh and cringe at the same time then when zodac had no head I just bust out laughing, good job fellas.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    How many can they possibly be selling? They are selling it for $120.00 more than Matty and it is STILL for sale on Matty. Makes no sense why they would go to BBTS.
    I haven't seen a lot of this, but some peeps say they just won't order from Matty regardless because they don't want to deal with Digital River anymore. I haven't had issues, but some have. Plus, I figure some toy sites will order a few to sell high later as well.....

Heroic Warrior
    Someone`s already got his MOTUC Mosquitor in the outtakes video

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    How many can they possibly be selling? They are selling it for $120.00 more than Matty and it is STILL for sale on Matty. Makes no sense why they would go to BBTS.
    That's a great video, and I sure hope it will help raise awareness. We are in crunch time and I want this to happen so bad....so very bad.....

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    That's a great video, and I sure hope it will help raise awareness. We are in crunch time and I want this to happen so bad....so very bad.....
    Right there with ya bud... we NEED MOTUC Grayskull to happen!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Someone`s already got his MOTUC Mosquitor in the outtakes video
    I saw that, too. Where is the review vid for that one?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I saw that, too. Where is the review vid for that one?
    lol, you can bet MAJOR $$$ that Dan is doin something special for that video review... lol

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    If you guys paid attention to the end of the Castle Grayskullman review, you would have already seen my Mosquitor teaser!

And yes, I'm taking some extra time with that one. Patience!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    If you guys paid attention to the end of the Castle Grayskullman review, you would have already seen my Mosquitor teaser!

And yes, I'm taking some extra time with that one. Patience!
    Did you only receive Mosquitor? Not Procrustus or Granamyr?

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Love the video.

Also here's a graphic of all the thermometers that I have on my web site:

(It's animated, wait for it)

(I didn't have the blank one, so I had to recreate it, if anyone has the original blank one please send it to me or post it here)

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    YES!!! YESSS!!! FINALLY!!!! ROTFLOL

Thank You Guys!!!

Liked! Shared on Facebook!
    I told you, Replikator. Man, I'm getting tired of being right all the time...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Sorry if this has been mentioned (I don't remember reading it, though) but today I was in TRU and saw that they had a Star Wars Millenium Falcon re-issue in it's classic box. It cost... $250. The Millenium Falcon is decently sized, but not huge. Certainly not as big as this sucker is going to be. Just food for thought when thinking about the relative value of Grayskull.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Sorry if this has been mentioned (I don't remember reading it, though) but today I was in TRU and saw that they had a Star Wars Millenium Falcon re-issue in it's classic box. It cost... $250. The Millenium Falcon is decently sized, but not huge. Certainly not as big as this sucker is going to be. Just food for thought when thinking about the relative value of Grayskull.
    EXCELLENT bit of info about the TRU Millenium Falcon.

Hopefully that will help some ppl to better understand the true value of this playset an why we need it made!

Awesome job guys!

All right you fence-sitters, this is it! Order a Castle Grayskull!
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Did you only receive Mosquitor? Not Procrustus or Granamyr?
    Just Mosquitor.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    That video is awesome. I wish I would have won the CAC contest, but I think Masque was picked for more than just his idea, he's saving the line too! It was pre-ordained by the Elders. Fan power!

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    It's not a reissue of the original. It's the Big Millenium Falcon (or BMF as it's often nicknamed on Rebelscum.Com ... any similarities to certain slang terms are purely coincidental ) with the TRU-exclusive vintage-style packaging. It's $250 of amazing movie accuracy, sounds, lights, and play features ... and Hasbro's quality control. Just food for thought when comparing it with ToyPrototypeOnly!Castle Grayskull.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    It's not a reissue of the original. It's the Big Millenium Falcon (or BMF as it's often nicknamed on Rebelscum.Com ... any similarities to certain slang terms are purely coincidental ) with the TRU-exclusive vintage-style packaging. It's $250 of amazing movie accuracy, sounds, lights, and play features ... and Hasbro's quality control. Just food for thought when comparing it with ToyPrototypeOnly!Castle Grayskull.

I'm so glad this is back out!! I waited too long and missed it the first time and they are crazy expensive on Ebay. I will be grabbing this thing for sure. Thanks for the heads up.

Oh do you guys remember when Scott attacked Hasbro's QC because the figure of Luke with the part on the wrong side? Say what you want but Hasbro is a much better company than Mattel. I'd gladly preorder a Terrordrome or Jabba's Palace or Cobra-La playset from them based on a drawing, and I wouldn't be worried about what I would end up with.
    Last edited by wundarwarrior; November 7, 2012 at 11:28pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I think with the exception of people with serious money issues; noone is disputing how awesome the Castle could potentially be.

The problem here is where things go from the preorder stage to the final product. Many of us have very recent memories of being promised the world then being screwed over on the Hoverboard and so we're understandably more than a little nervous about the final product.

It would be one thing if Mattel had come out guaranteeing that this will be the Horsemen's baby virtually from start to finish and that they've already talked to the Horsemen and that this has been properly costed and those features listed will be included in at least 95% of their entirety (where the remainder could be offered as pieces in an "add-on kit" if worst came to worst).

Yet we're not getting that. What we're getting are not only canned lines from Scott, but canned lines where Scott hopes this is on par with the disaster that is the Hoverboard. That just does an absolute number on my trust with Mattel.

It's frustrating, because on one hand, I'd love to preorder one, but on the other hand, I'm reminded of the old saying "fool me once; shame on you. Fool me twice; shame on me!" I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who feels that way either....

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    I think with the exception of people with serious money issues; noone is disputing how awesome the Castle could potentially be.

The problem here is where things go from the preorder stage to the final product. Many of us have very recent memories of being promised the world then being screwed over on the Hoverboard and so we're understandably more than a little nervous about the final product.

It would be one thing if Mattel had come out guaranteeing that this will be the Horsemen's baby virtually from start to finish and that they've already talked to the Horsemen and that this has been properly costed and those features listed will be included in at least 95% of their entirety (where the remainder could be offered as pieces in an "add-on kit" if worst came to worst).

Yet we're not getting that. What we're getting are not only canned lines from Scott, but canned lines where Scott hopes this is on par with the disaster that is the Hoverboard. That just does an absolute number on my trust with Mattel.

It's frustrating, because on one hand, I'd love to preorder one, but on the other hand, I'm reminded of the old saying "fool me once; shame on you. Fool me twice; shame on me!" I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who feels that way either....
    My big question is, why aren't the 4H sculpting already? I was under the impression they did the 200x stuff and King Grayskull before Mattel told them to. I personally would have started sculpting if I were in their position because I'd want to see it/own it even if it was one of a kind. I just feel like they are being reined in on what to be doing so they must wait on Mattel to tell them what to do. Scott has stated twice now that we will be getting at least what has been shown, no less. So he better keep his word.

Ohhhhh.... that's pretty neat. The packaging looked so much smaller than the BMF. That's pretty cool, then and not as outrageous as I thought. LOL. I still think the comparison is pretty good though. Just some people were saying they didn't think the price was right for what we get. I think it's pretty comparable.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post

I've been ignoring these many posts about the Hoverboard but this is the last straw... I have to say something!

I'm amazed how much poo poo this prop is getting. It looks awesome. It has lights, it has sounds. As for the lenticular sticker and that whole pink fur / velcro thing, there are a lot of different props in a movie. Some are for close ups, some are for action scenes etc etc. i.e. there isn't just 'ONE' hoverboard. And from what I believe, Mattel really worked with the people who designed the prop. If fans think they know better than the original craftsmen who actually created the prop, then it's getting a little ridiculous as far as I'm concerned. And if a fan really wanted a hoverboard, why would he change his mind just cause a sticker's missing? People feel so entitled sometimes!!!!

As for Castle Grayskull, I'm sure people will wail to the heavens about whatever thing that they REALLY THOUGHT they were going to get not being included in the finished product... How dare they not give us the torture table! How dare they not do this, that, blah di blah.

I'm happy we're getting a castle Grayskull. If you don't want one because of the prospect of what new disappointment / betrayal you may be able to complain when it comes out, suit yourself. And I'm really not saying that in a mean way. I just mean it like 'do whatever you wanna do'.

I for one would have loved Mattel to END ALL PRE ORDERS on 12th of November instead of extending it to January, so that only the true believers and the ones who pre ordered would get the castle. And a year from now the ones who hesitated and didn't preorder would basically be consumed with regret and bitterness 'cause the Castle is GOING TO KICK ASS!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Pixel Dan and Daniel Benedict are pure win!! It makes me really wish I had a friend that gave a crap about this stuff!!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"