Page 94 of 186 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Snappy Threader
    REP!!! Only 5 to go man.....It's gonna happen.........fence sitters, toystores......all will put us over the top....Right?

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I was really beginning to wonder if there was a real chance of it going through, but it is getting very close. Here's hoping.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Holy Schmooley... it looks like this thing may actually happen! We're within a stones throw of the minimum and we still have all weekend and all Monday to do this. I just have to say (and I felt this same sense of 'all for one and one for all' during the push for the 2013 sub) that I have utmost respect for the power, passion, and absolute rock solid devotion to this toy line that my fellow MOTUCers have. You folks are beyond awesome- yes, even the naysayers- and I really look forward to checking out the meter on Tues morning and seeing that we pushed well beyond the minimum needed!
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Snappy Threader
    We are so close. Hopefully they update it Monday morning so we know what the weekend brought us and what to expect for the last day.

Castle is at 81% Straight from Toyguru's mouth since he was a guest on the latest episode of The Great Rebellion Collector's Club Council of the First Ones podcast! 3 more days and 19% left! If you CAN preorder it you should.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Castle is at 81% Straight from Toyguru's mouth since he was a guest on the latest episode of The Great Rebellion Collector's Club Council of the First Ones podcast! 3 more days and 19% left! If you CAN preorder it you should.
    Coolness D04M. Props to Princess Adora in the preorder thread as well for pointing out the 81%. I wonder whn that was?, and, I wonder how today's sales bumped it up? Come on preorders, let's do this.....

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Coolness D04M. Props to Princess Adora in the preorder thread as well for pointing out the 81%. I wonder whn that was?, and, I wonder how today's sales bumped it up? Come on preorders, let's do this.....
    This info is from about 2 hours ago when the episode was recorded. It hasn't aired yet, but we thought this info was important enough to be revealed before the episode, due to the deadline being so close.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by ADPriceless View Post
    You really think they will pull the whole thing if it ends up between 90-100%?? No chance
    Yes. Do I believe their public target is their actual target? Who can say. But whatever their internal target is, yes. They would absolutely pull it at 90%.

Snappy Threader
    This info is from about 2 hours ago when the episode was recorded. It hasn't aired yet, but we thought this info was important enough to be revealed before the episode, due to the deadline being so close.
    Awesome thanks for sharing that. Hopefully today's orders weren't included, and hopefully the weekend orders push us over the top.

All of us who are waiting for the deadline announcement REALLY appreciate you providing this extra info!!

81%!!!!! We're so close! I KNOW we can do this!! MotU Classics Castle Grayskull WILL get produced! I'm sure come the 12th we'll ink out at 105-110%.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    81%!!!!! We're so close! I KNOW we can do this!! MotU Classics Castle Grayskull WILL get produced! I'm sure come the 12th we'll ink out at 105-110%.
    you mean we will be 5% OVER the target an [STILL CLIMBING]!

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    you mean we will be 5% OVER the target an [STILL CLIMBING]!
    Yes, I guess I should have worded it like that. My guess is that we'll be 5-10% over the minimum by the time the deadline comes and goes. Especially since a lot of people were vocal about waiting until the last minute. I can only assume that's an indicator of the overall picture, including those that don't frequent this site.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Yes, I guess I should have worded it like that. My guess is that we'll be 5-10% over the minimum by the time the deadline comes and goes. Especially since a lot of people were vocal about waiting until the last minute. I can only assume that's an indicator of the overall picture, including those that don't frequent this site.

I only hope that this sudden spike isnt ALL of the remaining orders from around the net that ppl have mentioned that retailers are placing on various sites like BBTS an such.

4 or 5 marks 19%... OMG SOOOOooo CLOSE!!! I think I am gonna have a stroke.... COME ONE ALREADY HIT MINIMUM!!! lol.
    Last edited by Replikor; November 10, 2012 at 06:48pm.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    No way Mattel is passing up at least 81% of these orders. I'm also suspicious of TG not pushing Grayskull as aggressively as he did with the sub (his vacation notwithstanding). Grayskull is probably doing so well that he might not be worried.

In any event, I expect that the fence-sitters are going to have to make a choice this weekend.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    No way Mattel is passing up at least 81% of these orders. I'm also suspicious of TG not pushing Grayskull as aggressively as he did with the sub (his vacation notwithstanding). Grayskull is probably doing so well that he might not be worried.

In any event, I expect that the fence-sitters are going to have to make a choice this weekend.
    ...or we could be just right on track for what they are hoping... or even better to think...... maybe this is surprising them as maybe they DID think it would fail an we wouldn't step up and actually place our preorders an hit the minimum!

Well with 604 preordered here, at 250.00 a pop, that's $151,000. No idea what they cost to make but I can't imagine that at least half of that would not be profit. Who knows how many were ordered by people who don't most here. Seems like a lot off money to throw away.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    Well with 604 preordered here, at 250.00 a pop, that's $151,000. No idea what they cost to make but I can't imagine that at least half of that would not be profit. Who knows how many were ordered by people who don't most here. Seems like a lot off money to throw away.
    my money is one somewhere between $50 - $110 to make.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

I expect this is very accurate. We could've very well hit the minimum by now and they are simply sitting back and waiting on more and more orders. We will be told Monday that the project is a go and the peasants will rejoice!!!!

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I find it funny we're over confident about CG one minute, then down in the dumps the next. I'm just as guilty.

To anyone on the fence, order regardless (as long as you can afford it). If we get Castle Grayskull, Snake Mountain might be the next dream come true! We can do this! I feel this pre-order is the next step in MOTUC's evolution. It's make or break time.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I find it funny we're over confident about CG one minute, then down in the dumps the next. I'm just as guilty.

To anyone on the fence, order regardless (as long as you can afford it). If we get Castle Grayskull, Snake Mountain might be the next dream come true! We can do this! I feel this pre-order is the next step in MOTUC's evolution. It's make or break time.

.. I know.... an a Snake Mountain we would get would clearly be a MYP influenced Filmation Snake Mountain... [DROOLS].... [crys a lil]... such a beautiful thought!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    We're a very paranoid, bipolar bunch when it comes to our MOTU figures.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    GOD isnt that the truth!!!

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    ...or we could be just right on track for what they are hoping... or even better to think...... maybe this is surprising them as maybe they DID think it would fail an we wouldn't step up and actually place our preorders an hit the minimum!
    Rep, no failing allowed! I am really encouraged given all of the orders just here on the org today, which would have to add to the 81% number quoted earlier. Just think, if we are so small, the orders must have been steam rolling in all day from other boards....

Yeah you are so right!

WHATEVER! This is a life or death thing!
    the ignore list is my new best friend