Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Talon Fighter not part of early access? - now back in stock

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar

Talon Fighter not part of early access? - now back in stock

For once, I actually remembered EA, but the Talon Fighter isn't part of it. Did I miss that announcement (sorry, search function brings up dozens of threads and I don't have time to go through all of them)?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Yea they announced that the TF is NOT on EA .....WHY? i have no idea...but it stinks!
    The revolution will not give your mouth sex appeal
    The revolution will not get rid of the nubs
    The revolution will not make you look five pounds thinner
    Because the revolution will not be televised, Brother

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    They put this up on Mattycollector last week - no mention of it not actually being in EA, so was hoping it was "common" misprint by them, obviously not..

Posted by Admin on November 5th, 2015

By Tara Z.

Here’s your friendly reminder that our 11/16 sale is coming up soon…

Early Access 11/12
    •Thursday, 11/12 from 8 a.m. PT to Friday, 11/13 at 8 a.m. PT (subscribers only)
    •Masters of the Universe« Classics Clamp Champ«*
    •Masters of the Universe« Classics Geldor™*

All Access 11/16
    •Monday, 11/16 at 9 a.m. PT (everyone)
    •Masters of the Universe« Classics Clamp Champ«*
    •Masters of the Universe« Classics Geldor™*
    •Masters of the Universe« Dragstor™ (Club Eternia« monthly figure)
    •Masters of the Universe« Point Dread & Talon Fighter Set™

*Subject to Early Access sellout.

Club 200X
    •Masters of the Universe« Queen Grayskull™ (Club 200X™ monthly figure.) Queen Grayskull™ will be shipped to subscribers only and won’t be available during November 2015 All Access or Early Access.
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

like it really matters anyway, you will save shipping later on, it will be for sale for a couple of years

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Not a big thing. I just wondered since the ad on the top of the Matty home page gives the dates/times for both EA and the regular sale, and the Talon fighter is very prominently displayed in said ad.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    Despite that hit and run face teela I will try to buy this set.
    Hope I manage to grab one on monday

Yeah, I made the same mistake.
    Ah well, don't expect they'll be tricky to pick up on Monday.

Not supporting this product after the insult of including Butterface Teela.

I'm not too concerned about getting the set on Monday, with that said I'm sure they didn't make as many as Castle Grayskull. So…who knows how long they'll hang around…
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I just hope it lasts long enough don't wife to grab one for my Christmas present...
    (I'm not particularly worried.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    This should have been part of EA. What is the point of EA if items outside the sub are not offered there? This was a BIG part of the appeal of Early Access, and has been something we've been told all along is a perk of subscribing. I'm sure it won't be difficult to get during All Access, but it is disappointing to not have the ability to get this in EA.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I'm not too concerned about getting the set on Monday, with that said I'm sure they didn't make as many as Castle Grayskull. So…who knows how long they'll hang around…
    Yeah, but they haven't sold out of Castles, either.
    My 'Collector's Choice' Wishlist:

FILMATION: Kittrina, Dylamug, Zilora, Ileena

SPACE MUTANTS: Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Lizzor
    CONCEPTS: Red Beast, He-Man (Guerrero Proto), Zodax (200x)
    VEHICLES: Stridor, Attak-Trak, Roton, Sagitar

Wow, Geldor is more expensive that Point Dread!
     photo geldor_expensive_zpsl6vtqjqi.png

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Wow, Geldor is more expensive that Point Dread!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by imonmywayup View Post
    like it really matters anyway, you will save shipping later on, it will be for sale for a couple of years
    thats a good thing, I dont have the money now but I'm gonna buy this in a 2 years from now
    heck! I still need to buy CG playset so I'm definitely not worried
    Last edited by Triklops 1; November 12, 2015 at 04:21pm.
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

Whats next ?
    -------------------THE GREATEST MOVIE IN THE GALAXY ------------------------

Early Access is pointless at this stage in MOTUC. It is only helpful to snag the Chase figure first. Nothing is selling out at this point. If the Talon Fighter was available today, I still would have waited to purchase it with Dragstor to combine shipping.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, HAWKE, UNCLE MONTORK & DREE-ELLE, TUVAR, BADDHRA, KARG

Since non-sub items are now not offered in EA, then EA is useless because I sure don't want to end up paying for shipping two packages that should have been one. It's not a perk anymore, and it also stinks that they didn't just say they were doing it instead of sneakily changing their policy without comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    Early Access is pointless at this stage in MOTUC. It is only helpful to snag the Chase figure first. Nothing is selling out at this point. If the Talon Fighter was available today, I still would have waited to purchase it with Dragstor to combine shipping.
    HA! Nothing but the SDCC exclusive two pack!
    Last edited by gbagok; November 12, 2015 at 04:55pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

This will be the first time I do not a vehicle on the first day it comes out, I'm going to wait.

I did expect this early access. I do not mind that it is not but it is surprising. I am sorta worried that it will "sell out" and that will not please me.

I still have to get the Battle Ram and it's still around, maybe we should wait on this? Anyone think it will have a large enough run to be around at least for a little while? I wouldnt mind (if I have the scratch) to pick it up Cyber monday at some point even if it is not itself being sold at sale prices.

Do I recall correctly that non sale items were pulled during Cyber Monday last year? I expect it not to matter.

So what do people think about availability? Should we expect a sell out of sorts? Expect a lingering sale like Battleram, even if not as long as that?

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    This has always been my concern. What if they didn't make many at all...?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I did expect this early access. I do not mind that it is not but it is surprising. I am sorta worried that it will "sell out" and that will not please me.

I still have to get the Battle Ram and it's still around, maybe we should wait on this? Anyone think it will have a large enough run to be around at least for a little while? I wouldnt mind (if I have the scratch) to pick it up Cyber monday at some point even if it is not itself being sold at sale prices.

Do I recall correctly that non sale items were pulled during Cyber Monday last year? I expect it not to matter.

So what do people think about availability? Should we expect a sell out of sorts? Expect a lingering sale like Battleram, even if not as long as that?
    Hopefully it isn't another case of Rotar and Twistoid...
    MASS REJECTION
    www.facebook.com/massrejection

Join my Official REJEKTOR (created by Jim 'BUBBLOR' Johnston) Facebook page! www.facebook.com/Rejektor

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by imonmywayup View Post
    Next year

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    This will be the first time I do not a vehicle on the first day it comes out, I'm going to wait.

Same here, Im waiting till next year on this one...
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

I don't know...things could get tricky for now on. A lot of you are using logic from the past and how things have been for awhile now, but that doesn't necessarily apply to the future or the "standalone" based runs.

As some have mentioned, look at the Twistoid pack.....Totally separate run from anything subscription based and it came and went. Perhaps it was pulled, but perhaps not....One thing is for certain though, Matty has been sitting on extras for quite some time now with practically NO sell outs and that's obviously not good for them.

They will NEVER get full price for so many of those/these items so the only alternative is to just make a smaller run. It wouldn't make sense for them to make so many of anything anymore when the sales just simply aren't there.

I wouldn't be surprised if they've tweaked numbers within recent times especially on the non-subbed stuff as it would only benefit them, rather then sitting on so much extra product. With the sub based stuff they've got X amount of people forced into it regardless. Who knows....maybe the sub based DOS items are more or less gravy so it's not as much of an issue when/if it gets marked down, but with stuff like this and no guaranteed buyers to even pay for a base it's a gamble to how many will actually pull the trigger when push comes to shove so it pays not to over due it.

Of course we don't really know one way or another, but here's to speculating.

For instance....I'm 100% certain that there will be NO WHERE near the amount of Snake Mountains made as Castle Grayskull especially if they run a Pre-Order.

It's just too costly to sit on that many extra units with out guaranteed buyers for that amount of time.

Add this to the already large list of screw ups from the Scott-less Matty team.

I already addressed this in another thread but not including it in EA is just ludicrous.
    Last edited by Bonehead; November 12, 2015 at 11:14pm.
    Transparently Yours,

Bonehead

I think I'm going to hold off and have the wife grab this for under the Christmas Tree. I'm definitely going to pick one up but I'm not compelled to grab it day 1. I'm pretty sure it won't sell out unless Matty takes it down.

I Have Seen Similar (But Different) Things During Scott-Full Team's Regime...... So Nothing New !!!

And wOw !!! People Were Disgusted About This Set Over & Over, Claiming That They Won't Buy It & Now...... They Are Angry That It Is Not Available In EA ???

Last edited by TUC138; November 13, 2015 at 02:29am.
    In My Canon, Skeletor Has No Duck Feet !!!