Page 5 of 186 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledge Hammer! View Post
    Castle Grayskull facia... Perhaps they could even make a facia... if the facia itself proved popular enough

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means..."

200x 2.0 is great. Original does have a cooler skull / door... I mean Heck it has teeth on the Jawbridge, but it looks a lil out of scale. If u like the design of the newer castle it works well... My kids love that castle and have been playing with it for 6 solid years and NOTHING has been broken, They use it for every action figure line they have. It holds together pretty well, and attaching the Battle Station to it is awesome. Don't know why there is no love for that castle... in my opinion, it was the best part of the 200x line!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Oh and as a side note, ive always thought the crown on the skull looked wayyyyy off. The 200x cartoon really nailed castle greyskull, minus the creepy atmosphere of the filmation cartoon.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

That pic is a prime example of why I'd personally prefer to have an in-scale Castle Grayskull facia over an out of scale (too small) opening Castle Grayskull playset. Also just making the front of Castle Grayskull with an opening drawbridge would be considerably cheaper to produce, even at the correct scale, than a fully functioning Castle Grayskull playset ever would. Perhaps they could even make a facia that allowed for future expansion pieces to slot into it, if the facia itself proved popular enough, so that you could perhaps eventually grow a playset out of it at a later date...
    Ummm do you know what a facia is? it`s the ledge that Stratos is standing on It means a long horizontal surface across the top of a structure
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Oh and as a side note, ive always thought the crown on the skull looked wayyyyy off. The 200x cartoon really nailed castle greyskull, minus the creepy atmosphere of the filmation cartoon.
    Castle Grayskull did have the crown in 200X but it was a dome on top of Grayskull in the comics it wasn`t present in the toon though
    Last edited by adam03; December 6, 2009 at 02:02pm.

Heroic Warrior
    ***Please be sure to remove images when replying with a quote, Thanks***

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means..."

So rather than contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way you instead choose to do nothing other than to go out of your way to correct me on my word usage? And for what reason? Just to make me look small? To have a dig? To make yourself seem smarter by comparison? Wow, thanks so very much teach, things like that are always highly appreciated. After all, everyone loves being talked down to. And doing so in such a stereotypical way to boot, actually going to the effort to find and post a picture just so that you can 'movie quote' me... Wow. And now you've got people joining you in your belittlement crusade. Congratulations. If we had any big thumbs up emoticons I'd be using one right here, right now.

I'd go on about how in building slang facia can refer to any exterior material covering of a main structure, such as render or faux brickwork, particularly in relation to frontages, or at least it does in this country, on the building sites I used to work on, but I will admit even so I was playing a bit fast and loose with the word in question, but that said it still got the point I was trying to make across, which is all I was ever trying to do. Didn't realise I was being graded as well. I wonder, do you mark down or up for my Dyslexia? Doesn't matter I guess, I'll just have to go out of my way to be more exacting and precise with my terminology from now on. Anyway I'd better shut up now, or else I might get scolded for verbosity on top of everything else.
    Last edited by Sledge Hammer!; December 6, 2009 at 02:09pm.

So rather than contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way you instead choose to do nothing other than to go out of your way to correct me on my word usage? And for what reason? Just to make me look small? To have a dig? To make yourself seem smarter by comparison? Wow, thanks so very much teach, things like that are always highly appreciated. After all, everyone loves being talked down to. And doing so in such a stereotypical way to boot, actually going to the effort to find and post a picture just so that you can 'movie quote' me. If we had any big thumbs up emoticons I'd be using one right here, right now.

I'd go on about how in building slang facia can refer to any exterior material covering of a main structure, such as render or faux brickwork, or at least it does in this country, but I will admit even so I was playing a bit fast and loose with the word in question, but that said it still got the point I was trying to make across, which is all I was ever trying to do. Didn't realise I was being graded as well. I wonder, do you mark down or up for my Dyslexia? Doesn't matter I guess, I'll just have to go out of my way to be more exacting and precise with my terminology from now on. Anyway I'd better shut up now, or else I might get scolded for verbosity on top of everything else.
    I appologise, I corrected you as well, but it wasn`t to correct you persay more than it was unconfuse myself as to what you meant. No disrespect was intended and I did it before I even saw the other post.

Heroic Warrior
    Thank you, I appreciate that, and I'm sorry if I can across a bit harsh, though my comment wasn't aimed at you, and you used an emoticon to be good humoured about it, which makes it fine in my book. And so if I had just read your comment I wouldn't have taken any offense at that at all actually. It's just that in the post above I felt as if I was simply being intentionally belittled for no real purpose, other than that, which never feels great, and there was no smiley or wink to say 'this is meant in good humour' to counterbalance that, and so call me crazy, but it rubbed me the wrong way as I just don't appreciate that kind of thing, regardless of whether I happen to be wrong in someone's eyes or not. Call it a character flaw I guess.

I can admit my mistakes, and perhaps I shouldn't have used the word I used, as apparently that slang usage doesn't carry, and we are on a worldwide forum after all, and so if what I said was confused by that fact or caused any confusion then that's my mistake, and I apologise, but if someone feels they must correct someone else on something as simple as word usage or grammar, and on the internet of all places, then at least do it good naturedly with a wink or a smile, so the intent is clear, and offense isn't as easily taken. That's all I ask.

Anyway, I'm over it, moving on...
    Last edited by Sledge Hammer!; December 6, 2009 at 02:35pm.

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    So rather than contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way you instead choose to do nothing other than to go out of your way to correct me on my word usage? And for what reason?
    It made me laugh.

Sorry it upset you so much, I really was just poking fun.

id buy a castle greyskull as long as it wasnt more than....$500! i think id be able to lie to myself and justify that price but anyways, i loved the filmation castle greyskull, it was weird, almost looked like it had little spider legs too from the side. made me think of something ancient, but the paint on the original MOTU greyskull always kind of annoyed me, i like the colors of the 200X one better!

Can we all agree that without the proper "Talon fighter" attachment tooling, a new castle would be a waste?
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Ah, yes, one must be able to attach Point Dread to the castle!

God, I want a big Grayskull that looks like Scare Glow's reliquary.

(I loved the Inigo quote, by the way, regardless of how it was meant.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Ah, yes, one must be able to attach Point Dread to the castle!

God, I want a big Grayskull that looks like Scare Glow's reliquary.

(I loved the Inigo quote, by the way, regardless of how it was meant.)
    Itd look cool if they did away with the random step that leads to nothing and the little peg ontop imo

Court Magician WaitsForTheSummer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash77 View Post
    The original is the best exterior, but it's too small. However I do like the 200x Battle Station in people's photos/displays...it fits better than either castle imo.
    I agree. And I'll add that is a great option for anyone who does not have the space to display a full Castle Grayskull.

Can we all agree that without the proper "Talon fighter" attachment tooling, a new castle would be a waste?
    Agreed.
    And I do agree that I'd be just as satisfied if not more satisfied with just the front 'facade' of Castle Grayskull as opposed a 'complete' castle playset.
    And it could in fact be engineered to harness a future "Point Dread And Talon Fighter" add-on, and further, could also even be planned to attach the rest of the Castles facades if they were to ever be produced so that they could all be collected to form a complete castle playset (...if we'd ever be so lucky that is.)
    – No comment.

I'll take a MotU Classics Castle Grayskull in the form of a larger version of the castle capstone on the reliquary that came with Scareglow. THAT would be the perfect Castle Grayskull!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

NOT EVEN CLOSE. What?!

How can anyone think that the above picture is the definitive version of Grayskull?
    Last edited by invaziondrummer; December 7, 2009 at 01:09am.
    "All of the figures in the new MOTU Classics line will have a look that is an homage to the original toy lines from the 1980s." - Scott "Toyguru" Neitlich

BAND
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-O0lmC1Y0E
    http://www.myspace.com/thesickpleazures
    ART
    http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/c...tworkgalleries
    PHOTOS
    http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/1723839/0

lol, well for one.... the castle was ment to be a place of ruleing and peace for KG... so i cant see how a full on bone bridge and creepy bone structures everywhere along with claws holding up his castle make sence.

80 percent of the old mini comics have greyskull randomly in a desert without any abyss... wich is just stupid.

The longer fangs IMO look fantastic, if only to make the jawbridge more menacing.

The filmation one was cool at a young age, but when you interweave its history and story telling... it just doesnt make sence. The slant too has always been awkward to me..... why would you build the front of your castle at a 75 degree angle?

Im in no way saying the 200x castle is the best, but its structures are a improvement to add a dash of a real castles structure to the story. The 200x toy however should have had a bigger skull thus making the bridge bigger and eliminting the middle top railing (despite its lame gimmick of break away).

My main hatered of the original castle was the side towers. They werent even..... wich really just always bugged me... and im sure we'll get them again, but meh. Even the tower on the left wasnt fully round just... the toy was a mess. To this day i still have a blast with the original, but it should look more important IMO then awkward.

I sure everyone was waiting breathlessly for another schmo to weigh in

The 200X Castle is a good backdrop because its more compact. So if shelf space is a issue. You can set more in front of it. It has nice detail. The only thing that is bothersome to me is balconey. I just never liked it.
    I just prefer the vintage Castle Grayskull look more. Its more of a fortress. It didn't need to be surrounded by an abyss to be defensable.
    Well to each his/her own.
    Good day to ya all!
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

Heroic Warrior
    Personally I prefer the 200x, though it is not perfect (because I prefer the original box art design)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by invaziondrummer View Post
    How can anyone think that the above picture is the definitive version of Grayskull?
    Not everyone likes the vintage castle.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Absolutely the original Castle Grayskull! I love it!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    It made me laugh.

Sorry it upset you so much, I really was just poking fun.
    Don't worry about it, I was probably just being overly grumpy anyway, I've been having some health issues so I likely haven't been the perkiest of campers lately. It's all good pal.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Not everyone likes the vintage castle.
    But that IS Castle Grayskull. That said, my question isn't really "Who likes the original castle?", but more like "Is there really anyone who likes the MYP castle?"
    "All of the figures in the new MOTU Classics line will have a look that is an homage to the original toy lines from the 1980s." - Scott "Toyguru" Neitlich

BAND
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-O0lmC1Y0E
    http://www.myspace.com/thesickpleazures
    ART
    http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/c...tworkgalleries
    PHOTOS
    http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/1723839/0

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by invaziondrummer View Post
    But that IS Castle Grayskull.
    The MYP Castle is Castle Grayskull as well.

That said, my question isn't really "Who likes the original castle?", but more like "Is there really anyone who likes the MYP castle?"
    I'm certain the 200X Castle has it's fans.

As far as CG's go, 200X's Castle is probably the best one to use (over the too small 80's Grayskull and the cardboard CG that King Grayskull came in), seeing how many fans are using it in the photo thread.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I'm using the 80's one. It just has a far better look than the 200x toy. Sure the 200x playset is bigger, but i've really grown to dislike it's appearance, especially that logo on the skull.