Page 18 of 183 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Heroic Warrior
    They're not going to remove things that are working for 1 thing that they have doubts about. If they end up doing a castle, it'll be in addition to anything else.

They probably aren't sure if they'd sell enough. People who buy multiple figures now likely won't be wanting multiple castles. I know for sure that I won't be wanting 3 $200 Grayskulls!
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

MOTUC Castle Grayskull for 200 to 300.00 - Would you buy it?

hi guys,

i just want to know your thoughts re: castle greyskull. will you support and buy it with the said price points?? or pass and save you money for a whole year subscription?

ps. sorry for the typo "CASTLE"

Whoa! That's an awful lot of money for Castle Grayskull! I'm not quite sure I'm hardcore enough to pay that much.

I really don't think I could justify spending that much on Castle Grayskull with my current budget. I think it would literally have to hold within it the power to become He-Man!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    I'd probably buy one.
    Huh, who am i kidding? I'll surely buy one, after all 300 aint that scary, that's just about 270 Euros, once in a while it does not hurt.

I assume that at that price it would recreate the whole playset at the classics scale. I don't really want the whole playset, just the front facade to use as a display backdrop. I'd still probably buy it at that price but I doubt there are enough others wiling to do so to justify Mattel putting it into production.

Nope! Unless it comes with a life size Metal Replica of the Power Sword.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

I would be willing to pay 300+, whether I would be able is a different story.

That would depend on what it is exactly.

Is it just a backdrop?
    Or is it a full blown playset like the old one but "updated" with better sculpting on the inside and sturdier stuff. Real cloth flag, sculpted dungeon monsters and sculpted armor and such.

If it's like the playset I described, then yeah, I would try somehow to find a way and save up the $$$ needed for it.

But if they ask $300 for a shell backdrop piece. M'bye.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

With the amount of stuff that companies like Sideshow have that far surpasses this price point, I think it would be totally feasible. If we're going to get a decent size and decent quality one that is. I think a lot of MOTUC collectors are new to the "adult collectable" world and can't fathom spending any more on something than it would cost as a cheap, mass produced thing you would find at Wal-Mart. But I would happily pay premium prices and have them get it right!

I also don't care if it's the "playset" since in my display I'll never see the inside. I just want the outside of the castle as a display piece. A hopefully several feet tall display piece!

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    That would depend on what it is exactly.

Is it just a backdrop?
    Or is it a full blown playset like the old one but "updated" with better sculpting on the inside and sturdier stuff. Real cloth flag, sculpted dungeon monsters and sculpted armor and such.

If it's like the playset I described, then yeah, I would try somehow to find a way and save up the $$$ needed for it.

But if they ask $300 for a shell backdrop piece. M'bye.
    All agreed. I'm not sure if I'd even be able to resist the backdrop if that were the case.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    It depends. Will it include the real "POWER" ?
    No? Then nope!

$300 it would have to be pretty fantastic and modular.

MOTUC is at the top of the list of stuff I buy, as the monthly MOTUC bill has been rising over time it means I got to not buy a lot of other things... at $300 it really had better be how TG has described it (with the detail and scale fans want). This price though is really a kick to the nads as Grayskull is the one thing I wanted to buy a second of. Customs is going to be death - I'd get one Grayskull, but not sure about a second now.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    i would buy one if it blows the other Castles out of the water. if its like the other 2 then ill pass

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    With the amount of stuff that companies like Sideshow have that far surpasses this price point, I think it would be totally feasible. If we're going to get a decent size and decent quality one that is. I think a lot of MOTUC collectors are new to the "adult collectable" world and can't fathom spending any more on something than it would cost as a cheap, mass produced thing you would find at Wal-Mart. But I would happily pay premium prices and have them get it right!

I also don't care if it's the "playset" since in my display I'll never see the inside. I just want the outside of the castle as a display piece. A hopefully several feet tall display piece!
    I'd agree IF Mattel would deliver a Castle Grayskull of High Quality and not an Outer shell with a few bits of plastic and cardboard thrown here and there as "nods to the original CG". After seeing first hand the QC of their "adult collectibles" I'd expect an overpriced CG that was meant to be a cheap mass produced thing that would be found at Wal-Mart.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

NO WAY!!!... that's way too much$$
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

Heck! for $300 they better make an amazing CG with lights, sounds, laser beams, ACTION FEATURES!!!, and hell, they better even add lightning and music and it has to be huge and gigantic not "vintage size" to include rooms and basements. High details including fooliage, CG base(Terrain like), and an outside bridge like in the filmation...environment is a must, plus add a scent to the walls...just to justify that price! and I'm not kidding!
    What, they want to sell us a hollow plastic box for $300 and say it has to be based on the vintage one?

I would probably buy it.

'Course if they keep going with the "parts of Grayskull" like we're seeing in the Weapon's Rack, then by the time you've bought the rack, the throne, the armor and computer console, the training... thing, the elevator, the flag, the cannon, then you just buy a "shell" of the castle with some floors and a trap door... The shell could just be $100 and you've still put in close to $300 over time with the inside stuff.

I'd be fine with that actually.

It'd need to be big though, at least over two feet tall.

Speaking of size, do we know how big that weapons rack is next to figures?
    I guess one could figure it out by the size of the weapons huh...
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Evil Spaghetti Eater Kobra Khan's Avatar
    If it's a whole castle with furnitures and all (not just a diorama piece) I'll buy it for sure even if it costs 300$.

I would not pay $200 or $300 for it. Not in this economy. Not with Mattel's QC. Not going to happen with me.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    $200 - $300 for MOTUC Castle Grayskull? If it was in scale and superbly done...bring it. I can handle it...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

$ 300 is a lot, it would have to be really awesome. A vintage or 200x castle in just a larger scale is not worth $ 300 to me.
    It has to be unique, awesome in all ways, painted, not just a two colour mold.
    I wonder if we could get a in scale CG front (maybe with sides), without any playset functionality sooner and for less?!
    I don't need the back of the castle to be a playset like the other versions are.
    Would be cool if we'd get separate CG room displays/dioramas. It doesn't need to be all in one castle for me.

$300 would be insane for a Castle Grayskull. Heck my gf already thinks paying $28.00 shipped per figure is a lot. I'd pay $300 for it if it made my coffee in the morning!

It sounds like a lot, but it may not be. I remember in the 90's paying about $100 for Hasbro's Star Wars AT-AT.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210