Page 33 of 186 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

I think it would be best for them not to add electronics. No electronics would mean that the largest amount of fans will be able to purchase the castle. If they add electronics and it can't be shipped outside of North America it would really hurt the sales.

J

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    This is based on the hoverboard vs Grayskull thread TG was listing out things they have to factor in and announce and he mentioned lights, sounds etc. That made me think about it and I really wouldn't want lights and sounds with a new Grayskull. I'd rather they make more mechanical based features. I'd like the original action features and more.
    how about you guys?
    I can do without electronics, I would prefer some cool accessories.

I know a lot of people want certain features or gadgets or whatnot....I would be happy with a correctly sculpted and scaled shell of the front of the castle. That is all I need. Anything else is just driving up the cost on something that would barely pay for itself. Even those of us who play a little could deal with a good prop over not getting it at all!
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Nah, no electronics, no springs...I'd like some hinges. I don't want a Castle Greyskull playset as much as I want a Castle Greyskull interior/exterior display diorama.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

HELL YES!!! If Mattel ever does make a Castle Greyskull I know they're going to charge us an arm and a leg so I want them to throw in everything possible and kitchen sink.

The original didn't have any. Put me in the "I don't care what's in it, just get it done" camp!

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    No electronics needed in my opinion. Just a nice castle and props. Even though it will be expensive electronics will just jack up the price. I don't need my castle to make sounds or move on its own or light up. I just want a nice updated version in the correct scale so figures can properly display on and in it. Why add features that are not needed in a line that boasts no action features?
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Heroic Warrior
    No, I'm more interested in a superior sculpt...

I don't want electronics or action features
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    No, but it sounds like toyguru does...
    THIS!

Honestly, I don't remember one customer anywhere asking for electronics. While that would be a nice to have, it doesn't strike me as a dealbreaker. Folks want an inscale CG to display with their figures, and I would hazard a guess most would be thrilled with a facade with the jawbridge over nothing.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid and Tung Lashor

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    I think it would be best for them not to add electronics. No electronics would mean that the largest amount of fans will be able to purchase the castle. If they add electronics and it can't be shipped outside of North America it would really hurt the sales.

J
    excellent point.

Also, I don't want any electronics. Only stuff that the original had, like the elevator & trap door.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    No interest in electronics. The 200x electronic Castle Grayskull was neat, but non-essential. Even the Snake Mountain in the 80's was fun, but didn't make me want it more. The sculpt, size, and cool little visual details is what it is all about.

No interest in electronics. It would surely just jack the price up anyway. No electronics. I'm interested in sculpt, scale, and paint apps, mostly.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    Nah, no electronics, no springs...I'd like some hinges. I don't want a Castle Greyskull playset as much as I want a Castle Greyskull interior/exterior display diorama.
    I want it this way too. I want to be able to add point dread and the talons fighter to it too. Might as well include them with it.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    noooooooooooooo!!!! no electronics...thats needless money spent on a display piece.

Not necessary.

But while we're on the topic, why couldn't Mattel market Castle Grayskull as a Halloween prop? Maybe have a built-in fog machine or the Spirit of Grayskull speaking as the jawbridge lowers. Halloween outlets would order this, no?

I definitely don't want electronics in it. While I appreciate what the 200x castle had going on, I felt that most of the electronic customs took away from some of the design, and was meant more for child play. This is an "adult" line, and I'm far more intrested in seeing the $ spent on a flawless visual design, than interactive electronics. Just my opinion anyway!
    Proud member of the Arizona MAZTERS since 2003

Electronics are not needed for Castle Grayskull in my opinion. They will simply drive up the price and not allow international fans to buy it (never understood that whole thing).

What I do NEED Castle Grayskull to have is:

Opening drawbridge

Working lock, like vintage CG (One of my favorite features of the vintage CG).

A tower window big enough for The Sorceress to stand at it and be seen, like in Filmation.

The Sorceress's throne, more like Filmation then vintage toy (If it has a full interior and in not just a shell). And The Sorceress figure needs to be able to sit in the throne.

I could live with a display shell of the front but would rather have both a exterior and interior to display in.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Heroic Warrior
    Definitely not. The figures don't have action features and neither should Castle Grayskull. Furthermore, wouldn't electronics prevent exporting? I'm sure something else on Matty Collector was blocked from international sales for this reason.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    NO!!!!

It would make it cost more and it would screw over all our international friends and we can't have that.

Get a 200x Castle Grayskull if you want electronics!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    (lame gameshow host voice) HE-MAN, Greyskull and awaited your return.

Yeah, recycle that one.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

I know that I am in the minority, but I really hope that they don't make a Greyskull. There is no way that I would be able to afford it, so I'd rather just stick to my 200X version.

Hell yea it would be so cool...but hell no. For a few reasons

1 the price will be way o freaking high. I can tg's excuses for the high price tag.

2 I dont think it will pass customs for our European friends. and we need to keep them in our thoughts about this.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Snappy Threader
    I would prefer it to not heave electronics. One because if it has electronics, they will just say they can't ship internationally and our overseas friends would be out of luck, two because I just don't want them included. Just me, just me.....

Nah, i don't see why CG would need it? It'll only be a display piece so they may as well make it look real good... And it'll drive up the price i assume.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor