Page 41 of 186 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

I was totally thinking the same thing!!!

Make a little pedestal for Castle Grayskullman to stand on or perhaps King Grayskull statute.

They could also add a small wall painting of the Horde-Snakeman battle from the MYP episode.

Make a place for the orb holder from TOD S

Since we have the weapons rack, give us the smaller one with the red weapons with the rusty deco to match the rest.

The only reuse I could see is the white Preternia version or perhaps the throne being repainted and used for Zodac's flying chair
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

My favorite cannon is the first 4 minicomics, and Grayskull looks very macabre and creepy in the pages inside. But I still think the Jutting maw and gnarled teeth could get a boost from other inspirations, as many have said, the box art for vintage Castle Grayskull is very awesome. And who doesn't think the Filmation Castle is amazing? (If you just think of the Forced perspective shot of He-man Changing you aren't giving it's design enough credit and need to see all of the shots of its exterioors and bridges etc, it is phenomenal.) Hopefully the Horsemen will make everyone happy and have a Killer Sculpt. We will just have to wait and see when we get more info before the Pre-Order.

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    That's what the preorder is for: to see how many people would be interested. They wouldn't be taking any risk by simply opening up preorders for a $300-$400 full castle. I know I would be totally interested and superexcited in a full castle (Icon Heroes at Classics scale) and wouldn't mind the price tag if done right. And I do know I am not interested at all in dropping $200 for a lame half-castle clamshell; we already have the vintage and 200X castles for that at a much lower price point.

Mattel are probably going to lose many potential customers, who would be more than willing to pay more for a truly awesome full castle, by not doing the castle right. I'd much rather pay $120 for the amazing Icon Heroes statue and use it as a blueprint for a custom Classics-sized full castle (3D-scan it, upscale it, tweak around a few details such as removing the anatomically-odd middle tooth and smoothing the brow ridge out into a more organic look, slice it into four snappable-together pieces, add a Filmation-inspired interior, and 3D-print it out).
    One day, you and reality are going to meet and you are not going to get along. Most of what you said is not possible. You would pay $400 + shipping + customs and end up with a total bill of about $6-700 total.

People on here need to calm down. In about 3-4 weeks we will see the B-sheet and you can judge it based off that. Until then, you don't know what it SHOULD look like, just what they said they PLAN to do. Plans change all the time.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by orkothewizard View Post
    I agree to have preorders and understand mattel needs to make profit but they could do it differently.

If they ask 300 dollars for one cg then you need a third less preorders only to give an example.
    Say preorders end with 70 procent and it doesn't get made, knowing it could have been made if mattel asked 200-300 dollars.
    It's a hard nut to crack but I really hope we have an awesome cg next year

I know nothing either
    Or people would freak at the $300 price and you'd get 50% less orders?
    Horde Lord

Is the Castle to scale with the toys, or is it the smaller version seen previously?
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Scaled for MOTUC.

I welcome it. I have kept to the loose figures I really enjoy and they would go great with a castle. The sculpting is a worry but if it looks good I am good with it. We will find out more next month and with a year more to pay for it a little at a time it sounds well worth the cash. I hope the same comes of the battle Ram. I would still love to have one of those.
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Scaled for MOTUC.
    Wow! I was expecting an ornament....

Trying to find pictures - are there any?
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

Right now it's just an idea. More information will be presented in 3 weeks at NYCC.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Right now it's just an idea. More information will be presented in 3 weeks at NYCC.
    Still, given where this line was just a few weeks ago, to even have the idea of a CG is a pretty spectacular turnaround. Credit due to TG for getting Mattel to buy off on the idea.

Although I have never been a subscriber since I wanna know what item I am paying for, I will definitely pre-order Grayskull without seeing a final sculpt. I have always been for pre-orders and I knowing what the item is is enough for me!
    Matty needs to do pre-orders !!

Heroic Warrior
    I have no use for 4 walls. I don'[t have anywhere to PUT that... You can't sit inside it to set the toys up... Even as a kid when I tried to recreate wall siwht the couch or something it was more trouble then it was worth.

THREE I would have liked... I think that was the ONLY thing I liked about 200x playset, the 'balanced' feel of the tri-opening set....

but Really, I can live with the two ^_^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I think a Castle Grayskull like the vintage box art would be best, like Joe Amaro's custom:

http://www.joeamaro.net/Castle_Revise_B.jpg

...or something similar to Icon Heroes' statue version:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...eroesMOTU4.jpg

The original prototype of Castle Grayskull looks a tad... dilapidated. It looks like it could cave in at any moment, like a haunted house that wasn't taken care of. I would like to own a Castle Grayskull that is even and not slanted and asymmetrical.
    Exactly. I think those are what we can expect They are still awesome looking, but have elements that make them BASED on the prototype

EVERYONE wins

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    but Really, I can live with the two ^_^
    Yeah, that's awesome!

Will it include the weapons, flag, etc.?

We are going to have trouble getting the same amount to buy Grayskull as bought a sub. Many people bought multiple subs but I don't see many people buying multiple Grayskulls. First, the price...secondly, the space...thirdly, no need in your collection for more than one Castle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Yeah, that's awesome!

Will it include the weapons, flag, etc.?
    It should considering Castle Grayskullman is coming with swords based on the ones on the flag It would really tie it all together.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    We are going to have trouble getting the same amount to buy Grayskull as bought a sub. Many people bought multiple subs but I don't see many people buying multiple Grayskulls. First, the price...secondly, the space...thirdly, no need in your collection for more than one Castle.
    Well...Castle Grayskull has some advantages.

Unlike the unknown 9 months of figures in the 2013 subscription, people know what they are basically getting -- an in-scale vintage Castle for their Classics figures. We are probably at least getting 2 Castle walls, throne room with trap door, dungeon, computer room, weapons room with elevator, a ladder and a laser cannon.

The price turned out to be $100 cheaper than the $300 price Toyguru has been throwing around for years.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

It's also much cheaper than a sub.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    I don't know about that. I've already seen countless posts in here and on the Matty boards of people already declaring their intentions to buy at least two Grayskulls. I think it’s mad myself, but each to their own.

I will be slightly bemused if the Grayskull pre-order system doesn’t work out. It’s the only item that people have agreed is a must-have in the Classics line since the line’s inception. So yeah, it would be strange if it didn't make it.

I'm debating whether I'll buy one or buy two. My nephew loves to play the heck out of my vintage Castle Grayskull so I know he would definitely freak out if I got him his very own Castle Grayskull for Christmas 2013 to go with the MOTUC figs I've already gotten him.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I'm debating whether I'll buy one or buy two. My nephew loves to play the heck out of my vintage Castle Grayskull so I know he would definitely freak out if I got him his very own Castle Grayskull for Christmas 2013 to go with the MOTUC figs I've already gotten him.
    I hadn't really thought about this until you wrote it. My son is almost three and he knows not to play with my Classics figures - he has some of his own vintage stuff and I am saving a vintage Grayskull I restored for him to play with when he gets a bit older. I am DEFINITELY in for one Classics CG and maybe now two. I could store it in the attic for a few years until he is old enough to not destroy it within one hour of opening it!
    My sell/trade list - vintage 80's toys - adding stuff all the time! http://www.blujay.com/beastor

My feedback thread. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=202525

My want list http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...70#post2849070

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Is the Castle to scale with the toys, or is it the smaller version seen previously?
    It's much closer to scale. It's to scale the same way the original Castle Grayskull was in scale with the original toys. A truly "to scale" CG would be about 3 feet tall.

Quote Originally Posted by whbinder View Post
    A truly "to scale" CG would be about 3 feet tall.
    Hah. Good point.

It's very exciting news about a Castle Grayskull for MOTU Classics. I for one am not smiling at the price of $200.00 dollars , but since hearing of this news, I have already come to a conclusion that I will "try" to get me one CG. I would love to get more than one Grayskull set, but for sometime now my focus was and still is on the last three months of this year with the sub and, Granamyr.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    One day, you and reality are going to meet and you are not going to get along. Most of what you said is not possible. You would pay $400 + shipping + customs and end up with a total bill of about $6-700 total.
    Not possible? I wonder who's buying LEGO's $399.99 Death Star, then. Or Hot Toys' $250-a-pop figures, for that matter. They must be people from outside reality. Heck, by your logic, one must wonder if all the people who have bought $700 subscriptions are from outside reality. Anyway, even if the grand total ended up at something like $600 with shipping and customs (the latter only for internationals), that's $50 per month, given that there would be one whole year to save up for it.

By the way, did you know the $400 full castle is not a crazy original idea of mine? Toyguru himself had been always teasing us with that possibility, which happens to be what many fans (not merely myself) want: a true jaw-dropping adult collectible, rather than an overpriced children's toy. When the Icon Heroes statue was revealed, lots of people were asking what scale it was, because that is the Grayskull they wanted (in a Classics-compatible scale).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

I'm a broken record here, but how the heck would you even display a to-scale-with-MOTUC castle? It would be at least 2 feet deep, given the dimensions of the Icon model!

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I'm a broken record here, but how the heck would you even display a to-scale-with-MOTUC castle?

With zeal.