Page 54 of 186 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Nice to see big pics! Man, I really want this to happen so bad. I think it just looks AMAZING. I hope I am in a house by the time Fall 2013 rolls around so I have some place to put this bad boy. It'd be awesome to build a display cabinet with a rotating display stand on top so you could see the castle spin around. That'd cost way more than the castle, I bet, though.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

The more I look at it, the more I love it! It's the perfect look for Castle Grayskull in my opinion. This thing is going to make the best display ever!

Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The more I look at it, the more I love it! It's the perfect look for Castle Grayskull in my opinion. This thing is going to make the best display ever!

http://www.toyark.com/news/attach/1/...1350156067.jpg
    I agree, besides of the Filmation look, this has the best proportions...Awesome design...

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    The big problem is the international shipment... it will be enough 50$ with the DHL system?
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    So, forgive my lazy and probably dumb question, but how do the size measurements compare to the vintage castle? Can we expect it to be the same size? Or larger?
    According to the ads inside the 1983 mini-comics, vintage Grayskull was 18" x 27"--but that appears to be set at fully horizontal. The B sheet refers to Classics Grayskull as 25" h x 26 w" x 28" deep. That suggests about 7" or 33% taller than the original and depending on how they're counting, anywhere from a little less wide than the vintage (if the 26" is for fully horizontal figuring) to nearly twice as wide (if it's based on the walls set at a 90 degree angle, meaning that the width figure would be the width of the front plus the depth of the side, and the depth figure would be vice versa.)

EDIT: And looking at the blueprints from ToyArk, it appears that it will be 17.5" wide across the face, compared to an estimated 13.5 from the vintage, so about as much wider as it is taller, so proportions of the front should be the same, and on the whole, it'll be about 33% bigger than vintage Grayskull.
    Last edited by Matthew L. Martin; October 13, 2012 at 10:58pm.

As an international customer I would really like to know how much I’m going to be charged for shipping before pre-ordering (or at the same time, of course). Of course, its obviouse that the shipping will be beastly (I'm prepared for that, to an extent), but I would just like to know how beastly before committing myself. I think that's quite important.

Wow, what a day! Did you ever really think you'd see this:

mc.jpg

"Castle Grayskull, Coming Soon"

Amazing!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Looks awesome but PLEASE Let it be painted like the vintage box art NOT like the vintage Proto (all light green) or the nasty 200X apps.

Dont be literal with 'GRAY' skull. Its a ruin let it look old.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    The one thing I really, REALLY wanted from the Castle Grayskull prototype, is the playmat thing finally sculpted in plastic. At Power-Con, they had a slide with an arrow pointing to it, indicating it was going to be made...and I was very excited about it!

Seeing as it's not on the B-sheets and they have that plain, small, gray base instead...I think they cut it out. If that's the case, it's a real shame...especially since they upped the price $50.

I'm still looking forward to Grayskull, but I REALLY wanted the abyss to put around it for once.

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Yeah, the base they decided on looks very similar to the 200x one.

If CG goes through with this new "pre-order" experiment, I hope we'll get the chance to see more vehicles and even Snake-Mountain on the table as well before the line goes south in 2014.

I really can't wait to see the proto type of this amazing set.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Though should we get a Snake Mountain Id far prefer this version

The Filmation version is just bland externally, the faces and other aspects of the Vintage design are superb...and a Hybrid like this would be amazing. IMHO.

ka

[/CENTER]

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...396_n-Copy.jpg

The Filmation version is just bland externally, the faces and other aspects of the Vintage design are superb...and a Hybrid like this would be amazing. IMHO.

ka
    VERY NICE!!!
    Is there a bigger picture of this by any chance?
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Seeing as it's not on the B-sheets and they have that plain, small, gray base instead...
    I'm not sure that picture meant it would actually end up gray. Did Scott address that at the panel? I thought the base was shaded that way to highlight it wasn't part of the castle itself for the B-sheet, not necessarily that it would be gray - it just assumed it was greyed out.

I'm really happy with what we've seen from Grayskull so far. LOVE the minicomic elements, they are very important for the interior. However I do think they should add some interior filmation details for fans, as they are also important. Make an interchangeable throne, portal, etc.

As for snake mountain - I don't really care what version they do, I'm unlikely to buy it anyway. The filmation version is okay, but boring, and the vintage toy looks cool on the outside but is crappy on the inside. I do love the look of the jungle playset prototype, however. Wish they would have made that version instead, back in the day.

Court Magician
    Man, I love this exterior, but... I'm really underwhelmed by the interior. Like, really underwhelmed. There are cool features, and they obviously got excited about adding detail, but once again, it feels like the line is imagining a fan demand for an early concept that doesn't really exist and ignoring fan demand for the tie-in media designs. They're fantastic bonuses, but not really something I'm eager to shell out $300 for. It's great that the people working on this line are fans of it, but I think they're too often too in love with their personal discoveries in the archives. Yes, that stuff is cool to find, but when it comes down to the actual toys, that just isn't where the fans' heads are. We're not digging through the archives, thinking, Oh, this was cool! For most of us, that isn't our connection to the material.

I really did expect that they'd go the Filmation route in the interior. Filmation throne, mirror/portal... Nothing really that major from a design/work standpoint, but very significant if you consider that THAT is the Castle Grayskull that people have seen and imagined for 30 years and never had the chance to buy. It's like they're saying, "We can totally do that now! But instead, we'd rather give you this little peg that we saw in the archives and thought was really cool!"

I know that before the b-sheet reveal, I was planning on buying two (to display the interior and exterior). Now I'll probably just grab one, more to support the line than for actual display. I'm sure I'll like it when I get it, but for now, I'm a little bummed.
    Last edited by spoogyrm; October 14, 2012 at 06:49am.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Im an total Minicomic style supporter but a Filmation portal/mirror would be absolute wicked!

The vintage SM was designed to have the play on the outside..so the inside was just three stickers (well 5 if we wanna pedantic!lol) I would like to think that should we ever get a MOTUC version..it would have as much love on the interior as Grayskull. with thrones, dungeons, laboratories etc.

ka

[/CENTER]

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Wow, things are looking good!

I realize this is just an illustration, but I really hope they go for a more "worn" look than we're seeing.

The smooth bricks and sharp lines on some of the edges feels less like the vintage Taylor CG and more like the phony-looking CG brick skin we've seen on all the Classics packaging, which I don't think anyone really cares for.

So yeah, rough it up just a bit more! Give us a more craggy, less precise brickwork look (especially around the eyes and around the door) and this thing will be pretty dang perfect!

I think it's obvious now that the 5.5" measurement for the jawbridge seen on the interior drawing is meant to be the width of the door. The external shot says it's 8.95" tall! That's amazing. Figures are going to have a lot of headroom coming out of the gate. It's going to look incredible.

Thanks to the dudes at ToyArk for getting these very clear and legible shots of the slides out there.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    If not, I'm sure you're just one of a few. Cloth just doesn't sit right at that scale.
    I thought it over and think vinyl might be cool, or plastic like the capes, as much as cloth doesn't scale well, there is a point where the size works, for 12" dolls cloth works well, so with the castle being 25" cloth flags and banners MAY work, scaled to the castle not the figures. depends on how big the banners are. more than anything i'd prefer to not have them be stickers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by spoogyrm View Post
    Man, I love this exterior, but... I'm really underwhelmed by the interior. Like, really underwhelmed. There are cool features, and they obviously got excited about adding detail, but once again, it feels like the line is imagining a fan demand for an early concept that doesn't really exist and ignoring fan demand for the tie-in media designs. They're fantastic bonuses, but not really something I'm eager to shell out $300 for. It's great that the people working on this line are fans of it, but I think they're too often too in love with their personal discoveries in the archives. Yes, that stuff is cool to find, but when it comes down to the actual toys, that just isn't where the fans' heads are. We're not digging through the archives, thinking, Oh, this was cool! For most of us, that isn't our connection to the material.

I really did expect that they'd go the Filmation route in the interior. Filmation throne, mirror/portal... Nothing really that major from a design/work standpoint, but very significant if you consider that THAT is the Castle Grayskull that people have seen and imagined for 30 years and never had the chance to buy. It's like they're saying, "We can totally do that now! But instead, we'd rather give you this little peg that we saw in the archives and thought was really cool!"

I know that before the b-sheet reveal, I was planning on buying two (to display the interior and exterior). Now I'll probably just grab one, more to support the line than for actual display. I'm sure I'll like it when I get it, but for now, I'm a little bummed.
    well add it to the "I want grayskull to have this item" thread, maybe it won't happen but be heard, it's early enough to make some differences and let them know what the fans want to pay for (within reason of course) I'd love the mirror too!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I think it's obvious now that the 5.5" measurement for the jawbridge seen on the interior drawing is meant to be the width of the door. The external shot says it's 8.95" tall! That's amazing. Figures are going to have a lot of headroom coming out of the gate. It's going to look incredible.

Thanks to the dudes at ToyArk for getting these very clear and legible shots of the slides out there.
    Great, I had not seen that pic with the exterior measurement on the door, but that's the size I got with my "scale model" in photoshop. Killer! I noticed the height of the largest tower is 25.425"!

its almost perfect but i would have loved the mouth to be slightly rounded like filmation, even if just a little bit. I hope the eyes and skull dont end up to 'bricky' looking. the insides however need some filmationisation- throne, portals etc.
    i just wish they would realise that for the vast majority of us filmation is one of the main ingredients of he-man , without these iit is like a cake with no iceing or cherry on top

- - - Updated - - -

I would so love this, I like the filmation snake mountain but this is a great hybrid. im not such a fan of the 200x one

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...396_n-Copy.jpg

The vintage SM was designed to have the play on the outside..so the inside was just three stickers (well 5 if we wanna pedantic!lol) I would like to think that should we ever get a MOTUC version..it would have as much love on the interior as Grayskull. with thrones, dungeons, laboratories etc.
    Totally
    The inside of the vintage version is a blank slate for the Horsemen to work their magic without constraints.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader