Page 69 of 186 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Yep mines about that same size, order guys order it's gonna be epic. ( www.Facebook.com/castleofpower.com )

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Seems like a really LONG way to go if that meter is accurate and we are really only at 2500. Looks like the goal then is 15,000 and I think it is pretty unrealistic that we'll actually hit that... unless of course we get a

WHALE!!!!

We need to call on celebrities again... get Charlie Sheen to twitter that Castle Grayskull is WINNING!!!!

I love that somebody actually created a foam model to show the scale. That was an awesome idea, and it gives you a much better idea than just 2D blueprints. Kudos HORSEMEN!

Well...I'll never own one, but I really hope this goes through and it gets made. I'm crossing my fingers, toes, and swords.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    From Matty
    CASTLE GRAYSKULL SHIPPING UDPATE: On Monday 10/16 at around 1pm we confirmed with our Design team that the best estimate of the shipping weight for Castle Grayskull is 20 lbs. For those of you who placed orders for Castle Grayskull before that time, our Customer Service team will contact you to update your order to the new, lower shipping weight. All orders placed after Monday 10/16 at 1pm are estimated at the 20 lb. weight. Please remember that you won’t actually be charged until the product ships in 2013 should production go forward. If the final product weighs less than 20 lbs., we will refund the difference after the product has shipped. If the final weight is more than 20 lbs., you will NOT be charged more.

i just KNOW that those ass clowns at digital river are going to charge me for 2 grayskulls because of this....
    www.nywcwrestling.com - Best Independent Wrestling on Long Island!

Want:
    SDCC Filmation Hordak w/ Imp and Treasure Chest Imp

Have:
    Goat Man, Loo-kee, and Kowl

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

01e810cd_69311c75_mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpeg

When he pulled up that foam model, my eyes grew wide and my grin grew wider. I can't say the words on this forum. Friends, this has to happen. I know it was a cutout but I can see it...

TBH, I think it probably will go through. As was said earlier (or was it in another thread?), Mattel have probably already given it the green-light. The brand as a whole seems to be moving forward for the better (comics, other merchandise, movie looking like it may finally happen, which itself would re-launch the brand). No way would Mattel set something this big up, only for it to fail miserably (and embarrassingly). My guess is it will be another "2013 Subscription" episode. Scott will post about how it’s struggling, then BAM! It went through at the last minute. I genuinely think that's what will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    01e810cd_69311c75_mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpeg

when he pulled up that foam model, my eyes grew wide and my grin grew wider. I can't say the words on this forum. Friends, this has to happen. I know it was a cutout but i can see it...
    awesome gif!!!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I cannot wait for this! It's huge! Liking what I'm seeing so far. Still curious about the orb room as it doesn't look like anyone but Orko will fit. I can live with it though. So excited! Only thing that sucks is the over a year long wait.

I have sooo many plans for this thing. Gonna be buying lots of duplicate figures to use their accessories to decorate the castle. He-Man's hall of armor is a must for me. SCB (I think) posted a pic with all of Skelly's armor & weapons on the rack (which I have no idea what thread it was in, still learning my way around) and it was awesome. Totally doing that for He-Man!

-Dave
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Hmmm.... I'm wondering if anybody that could never afford the castle would be content with just a highly detailed, yet still 2D, foam 'front of Castle Grayskull' prop? Seriously! It could come with a foam base so it stands up, and it would be one helluva great looking back drop.

It would still be really cool!
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    The size looks great! Please let this thing happen! Just knowing that if this goes through we will get a Filmation Snake Mountain made me order it. I could also see this possibly getting vehicles back on the table. I know they are not the same sku but upper management may consider it again if they sold a playset. Just speculation though.

Regardless this Castle looks like it could be a fantastic addition if not the ultimate centerpiece of a MOTUC collection.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak View Post
    The size looks great! Please let this thing happen! Just knowing that if this goes through we will get a Filmation Snake Mountain made me order it. I could also see this possibly getting vehicles back on the table. I know they are not the same sku but upper management may consider it again if they sold a playset. Just speculation though.

Regardless this Castle looks like it could be a fantastic addition if not the ultimate centerpiece of a MOTUC collection.
    Same here!
    I ordered 2 just because of the mention of the possibility of the chance we might get a Filmation/MYP style Snake Mountain FINALLY!!! lol

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Who said we might get a Snake Mountain?

$121 freight for me to get this! Jeez

If this doesn't go ahead it will be the first time the fans actually dropped the ball IMO. Mattel have blamed us in the past for their MOTU failures but one cant reasonably ask for more than they have offered with the castle

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by claw guy 3 View Post

If this doesn't go ahead it will be the first time the fans actually dropped the ball IMO. Mattel have blamed us in the past for their MOTU failures but one cant reasonably ask for more than they have offered with the castle
    Agreed!

I can understand 'not being able to afford it'... but man, Mattel has really done everything they can this time around.

From the 14 months to pay... to the $0 authorization price... to already having a foam display example to illustrate...

If people can't afford it, then that sucks... but Mattel gets props for this promotion

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by claw guy 3 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Agreed!

I can understand 'not being able to afford it'... but man, Mattel has really done everything they can this time around.

From the 14 months to pay... to the $0 authorization price... to already having a foam display example to illustrate...

If people can't afford it, then that sucks... but Mattel gets props for this promotion
    I also agree. When things have gone south for MOTU things in the past, fans have been unjustly blamed. If MOTUC Castle Grayskull doesn't get made, it will be 100% on us. I mean, sure, everyone would love to see something added here, tweaked there, but it's freaking Castle Grayskull! If that little bit of something is making you hold off, thinking a different or "better" one might come along, it won't. It's this Castle Grayskull or NO Castle Grayskull. Also, if Grayskull doesn't make it, the vehicle fans will most likely never see the Battle Ram...and it would also be a long-shot for us to see any of the diorama pieces Mattel has talked about (nothing's ever materialized, though).

This or nothing, folks.

I hope a lot of people who are on the fence regarding Castle Grayskull end up pre-ordering one. Remember how excited everyone was about the Ikon Hereos Castle Grayskull? The MOTUC one pretty much looks the same as it (the 2 sides, at least) and I don't recall a lot of back and forth regarding how it should look. I DID see a bit of talk about longer teeth, but that's an easy fix (as someone suggested, include optional long or short teeth).

If you really want a Castle Grayskull in your MOTUC collection, I really can't see how someone would pass this (possibly LAST) chance up. We were always told "maybe in a movie year" and everyone would sigh and be sad and campaign for it...well...it's finally here! Mattel listened guys and gals and put their best efforts into it. It's all up to us now.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

The opening post of this thread has been updated with Scott's video. Please don't continuously post the video. thanks.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    is this up to date? looks around 30%. not quite 1/3

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    ------------!!!UPDATE!!!------------

Toy Guru has posted a video comparison of the "Foam Mock-Up" MOTUC Castle Grayskull usign a Vitnage Grayskull and a MOTUC He-Man figure for scale comparison... GOOD GOD ITS HUGE!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GpAEhXAmDs

...PREORDER NOW!!!

!!!!SUPPORT MOTUC CASTLE GRAYSKULL!!!
    Great video, Scott! If you haven't preordered one of these yet, you better do it! DO IT NOW!

I laughed out loud when TG knocked over Classics He-Man when he put foam Castle Grayskull on the table.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Draego-Man View Post
    Who said we might get a Snake Mountain?
    It was mentioned during the Q&A at NYCC. TNI reported it here.

If you want a Classics Snake Mountain in Filmation style the Castle must sell.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Heroic Warrior
    Guys we only have weeks left. Someone tweet this video to Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg!
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak View Post
    It was mentioned during the Q&A at NYCC. TNI reported it here.

If you want a Classics Snake Mountain in Filmation style the Castle must sell.
    TBH, I believe that was in response to a question a fan asked - and I don't put a lot of stock in it. Kind of like how whenever anyone makes a request for X-vehicle, he says, "Best way is to buy Wind Raider!" Kind of his stock answer - they could have very well asked for Crystal Castle or Fright Zone or Eternia Towers, whatever and would have gotten the same answer. And if they set their selling numbers high as they have with Grayskull, there is no way we would sell any of the other playsets nearly as much - Grayskull is going to be the most popular, hands down.

While I too would love a Filmation Snake Mountain (the original toy wasn't really a mountain to me - more of a cliff, LOL), I foresee that having even more issues than Grayskull has had. At least Grayskulls all pretty much have the same basic design, whereas there are quite a few disparate versions of Snake Mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    Yep mines about that same size, order guys order it's gonna be epic. ( www.Facebook.com/castleofpower.com )
    Zombi, is that your model of grayskull a few page back? Do you have any more photos of how it ended up. Unfortunately your Facebook link doesn't load.
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

Just curious more than anything but why the change of heart from Mattel re: Castle Grayskull? We were constantly told that it'd only happen in a movie year or something along the lines.

I think it's great we're getting the opportunity like we are now and i'll be hoping till the last day of pre-orders that CG gets the green light!
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Just curious more than anything but why the change of heart from Mattel re: Castle Grayskull? We were constantly told that it'd only happen in a movie year or something along the lines.

I think it's great we're getting the opportunity like we are now and i'll be hoping till the last day of pre-orders that CG gets the green light!
    Probs because they know that the sub line will be down in both price and slots in 2014,thus the November release date, and testing the water with a pre-order system.

If anyone has yet to pre-order one, this will go down as a nother U.S.S Flagg, super expemsive but will be one of the best toys ever created and will be highly saught after for years and years to come. Just as in vestment it is with.

Folks just order it now and get it over with