Page 73 of 186 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Sorry Nate but thats not good enough for me personally. I didn't come to know He-Man by the toys and early mini comics and media....it was the Filmation cartoon...seeing Adam transforming infront of Filmation Grayskull. Why would a Filmation Snake Mt be appealing to me when there is no Filmation Influance in MOTUC Castle Grayskull design to complement it? I feel the 4H and Mattel have made a poor choice to not work some elements of the iconic Filmation design into the visuals for MOTUC Grayskull. A hybred approach between the Filmation Castle Grayskull & the classic toy box art that included elements from the prototype castle would have cast the net as far and as wide as possible attracting the attention from fans across the board. But Mattel & the 4H have chosen to ignore the Filmation look which was a risky move, hopefully it pays off and there are enough fans of this non filmation/non classic toy playset look to make it happen. Sadly I can't support it.
    Fair enough, I can respect your opinion.
    I'll be honest. I see a fan not buying Grayskull, and I want to try and sell it to you... I'm trying!

Here's another attempt at a lame illustrator being an even more lame salesman... It's a stretch... You never know what the 4H will do! Maybe they'll throw in a swappable throne? A magic portal? Scott did say the blueprints were the LEAST the castle would have!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Max, there has been Filmation influance in the line, enough to personally keep me happy, but to completely cut it out of the much longed for MOTUC Castle Grayskull design when the 4H can now officially use Filmation design influances is very disapointing IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Fair enough, I can respect your opinion.
    I'll be honest. I see a fan not buying Grayskull, and I want to try and sell it to you... I'm trying!

Here's another attempt at a lame illustrator being an even more lame salesman... It's a stretch... You never know what the 4H will do! Maybe they'll throw in a swappable throne? A magic portal? Scott did say the blueprints were the LEAST the castle would have!
    Thanks Nate and you are no lame illustrator..... you know how much I love your work.

The thing is I feel like a bad fan for feeling the way I do about this aswell. I would normally always stand by the brand in situations like this where there is official product to be supported. It's heartbreaking because when I look at the 3rd party grayskull's currently on offer and I can see more Filmation influance in those designs than in the official Mattel design, I feel sad and upset with Mattel and the 4H for not even working in some Filmaton details into the skull and teeth. It feels like they have just thrown the Filmation castle design away without giving it the respect it deserves. I won't post anymore about this, I can feel myself getting more negative the more I talk about it. I just really wanted the MOTUC Castle grayskull to be a design to offer something to all fans of Castle Grayskull not just the fans of the savage cannon.
    Last edited by Angel-T; October 22, 2012 at 06:45pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Grayskull is Grayskull to me. The Castle changes from painting to painting within the cartoon and other media. Just like every artist draws a comic character slightly differently. I understand having a preference, but I don't really understand passing up owning Grayskull because of the shape of the eyes or teeth. Lot of people wanted chrome legs on the new Voltron, but he was based on the cartoon where he had gray. I would have bought either because It's a 23" tall Voltron.
    Support the 2015 Subscription Video

Action Figure Adventures: a blog about toys and everything related to them. Check out our stop motion animated series featuring 80's and 90's toys.

Heroic Warrior
    They updated the image. Close to 50%.

They really need to advertize the Castle on the Matty Collector front page. A micro-sized text link with the smallest font size is not enough, but that is Mattel for you.
    Contact BadVermin for all your customs and repaints.

If they are counting the ball at the bottom then we are over 50%
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I just really wanted the MOTUC Castle grayskull to be a design to offer something to all fans of Castle Grayskull not just the fans of the savage cannon.
    If Savage cannon is the early minicomic one, the face certainly is not from there. It is less symmetrical like Filmation look (with less of a frown however). I am not sure why Horsemen want to make the skull so symmetrical, clean and sharp, maybe due to their roots in 200x. I see no other reason than their personal preference.

I'll only order one if they meet their minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Why?What is the difference?
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

Curious what the logic there is?
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw

I back winners.

Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

I back winners.
    but you don't make winners...?
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Grayskull page meter update image for those that missed it...

I am excited by this, as we still ahve 18+days to go. I hope we can keep this momentum going till we hit minimum soon, as anything we sell after that adds in cool additions.

Last edited by Replikor; October 22, 2012 at 07:24pm.

It went up quite a bit. Also, I don't know if it’s been reported, but the deadline has been increased by two days. Its now 12th November. At least that’s what I just read on the Matty forums.
    Last edited by Krueger; October 22, 2012 at 07:29pm.

I'm guessing so it doesn't end on a Saturday, but on a Monday? Hope of more weekend sales? Can't hurt!

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post

http://news.mattycollector.com/wp-co...meter_3000.jpg

I am excited by this, as we still ahve 18+days to go. I hope we can keep this momentum going till we hit minimum soon, as anything we sell after that adds in cool additions.
    I just noticed that on the CG sales page! QUITE a jump since the last update! I agree Replikor…if momentum keeps up like this we'll hit the minimum in plenty of time!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I back winners.
    Mmmmmkay?

Look at it bro. I know you're online enough to see all the reasons why it's already a winner. We're waitin' on you man! Your 1 order!

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post

http://news.mattycollector.com/wp-co...meter_3000.jpg

That's more like it.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Can I just have the foam model? I'll be quite happy with just that.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bianchi5 View Post
    Why?What is the difference?
    Curious what the logic there is?
    Guys it's just sarcasm, he probably already ordered one

The price tag is high... a US resident after taxes and shipping is still going to pay close to $300... that's on top of what many of us committed to for the sub next year... closing in on a THOUSAND dollars for next year... That is crazy! So I can see how folks are a little hesitant about committing. I would love to get CG, and I am trying to figure things out, I am sure I'm not alone. I also am planning on putting an extension on my house, so who knows. I most likely will get it, I know the 4H are dying to make it and they don't disappoint. If they are the ones sculpting it I am in... if Mattel cheaps out and goes with another in house team to complete CG, I may not be as motivated to buy it.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I personally wait for 2013 or 2014 and buy it on secondary market in Germany for a higher price. I have no faith in the quality anymore, so I won´t buy it blindly. If Mattel doesn`t make it right, or some production errors appear, I have lost no money for an inferior product, when it`s awesome I`ll gladly buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I personally wait for 2013 or 2014 and buy it on secondary market in Germany for a higher price. I have no faith in the quality anymore, so I won´t buy it blindly. If Mattel doesn`t make it right, or some production errors appear, I have lost no money for an inferior product, when it`s awesome I`ll gladly buy it.
    dosent matter to me, if its blastic or not.. as long as its made, I will paint the dang thing MYSELF if I have to. lol

I WILL OWN THIS THING IF ITS MADE!!! lol

Mmmmmkay?

Look at it bro. I know you're online enough to see all the reasons why it's already a winner. We're waitin' on you man! Your 1 order!
    LOL Nate dont ever take anything SCB says to heart

He is one of my favorite button pushers here lol
    the ignore list is my new best friend