Page 97 of 186 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    I would like a CG, but I just don't feel committed to preorder before tonight's deadline. I'm pretty sure at this point that the castle will be made, but I'm not going to commit to something until I know it is 100% going to happen. So, if CG does get green-lighted after today, then I will put in my preorder. If it doesn't happen, then I just saved $300+ next year.
    I'm really not trying to be rude here...but the only kind of sense this makes is non-sense. It will only got through if we reach the minimum orders, if people don't order it then the minimum orders will not be met, therefore, everyone who wants one needs to order one to give it the best chance of going through.

If you don't want one then don't order it, if you do, it really makes no sense at all to wait until after the 12th.

Maybe my head is in the sand, but I still dont get all the hate towards the hoverboard. I think it looks great and will be a fun toy. There are something like 30 different props made for this thing, Mattel went the toy route instead of what we see for like 5 seconds on film. Personally I cannot wait for mine as its exactly what I wanted, A hoverboard toy. I saw the Battle Ram in person at SDCC back in 2010. I talked to Cornboy I think (I get them all confused) about it. I have total faith that this Grayskull will be the center point for my MOTU collection. I also have been collecting long enough to realize this is it, probably the last great playset I will ever get to buy new. The age of the playset is barely alive. It would take a mega push like the current turtles to get something half of this and even that is a TRU exclusive and 130 bucks. I would never try and convince someone to buy something they just dont feel. But for me I ordered my two and will keep my fingers crossed that we get this.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    While I appreciate your intentions, the problem is that you're ignoring the elephant in the room. The initial design team Mattel had on the Hoverboard was just like the 4H are with MOTUC (if you look at the NYTF version, it is vastly superior to the SDCC and NYCC versions).

Yet that design team we got was vastly inferior. Like the Hoverboard during the preorder stage; the Castle Grayskull preorder is being touted as a 4H design project - a design team as brilliantly capable of meeting the design brief for Castle Grayskull as Mattel's original design team was at producing a 100% movie accurate prop replica. As you said, everything the 4H touches with regards to this line turns to gold.

The problem comes when someone in senior Mattel management - the same individuals who made the terrible call to gut the Hoverboard design team - makes the potential call to take the 4H off this on the grounds of "profitability".

Would such a decision be popular with those who love the brand in Mattel? Hell no- what happened with the Hoverboard is proof of that. But it's clear that the weak link in the chain here has no, or minimal interest in their properties Mattel has and is primarily and most likely, solely interested in Mattel's bottom line.

That's the scary possibility here and for those of us being burned, we need reassurances that those individuals are being fully "managed" where Castle Grayskull is concerned.
    But do you really think that Mattel will pull the 4H off Castle Grayskull? The 4H sculpting the best and biggest Castle Grayskull ever is Mattel's top selling point. They have sculpted everything in this line from figures to vehicles to beasts to accessories. Now, this is the Four Horsemen specifically.

Another concern is if someone in Mattel design decided to screw around with the 4H's Grayskull prototype to "make it pop". We better not see anything like this.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Card View Post
    Maybe my head is in the sand, but I still dont get all the hate towards the hoverboard. I think it looks great and will be a fun toy.
    It was not sold as a toy, it was sold as a prop replica. Thats the problem. They had the originals in house, and it turned out nothing like them. Thats the long story short.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    While I appreciate your intentions, the problem is that you're ignoring the elephant in the room. The initial design team Mattel had on the Hoverboard was just like the 4H are with MOTUC (if you look at the NYTF version, it is vastly superior to the SDCC and NYCC versions).
    I think the elephant in the room that you are refusing to acknowledge is that, besides a few people, nobody else is concerned about the issues you continually, across several treads, multiple times a day, list. Change in design team, possible changes in deco or design from the b-sheet, and loosing some features (which we have been assured will not happen and will hopefully get more than shown) are just not concerns that most of the fans here are worried about. I really am sorry the Hoverboard did not meet your expectations or needs, but the issues with the Hoverboard are not issues that a vast majority of Castle Grayskull fans are concerned about! No matter how many times you post your issues with the Hoverboard and how you think they apply to Castle Grayskull this will not change!
    Last edited by Jinxieman; November 11, 2012 at 01:33pm.

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    I would like a CG, but I just don't feel committed to preorder before tonight's deadline. I'm pretty sure at this point that the castle will be made, but I'm not going to commit to something until I know it is 100% going to happen. So, if CG does get green-lighted after today, then I will put in my preorder. If it doesn't happen, then I just saved $300+ next year.

This doesn't make sense to me. You will not be paying for it until it is ready to ship, and if preorders are not met, then it will not be produced at all. So, if it doesn't happen, even if you preorder, you have saved that money. But, if you're going to go ahead and order if it is greenlit, then why wait?

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    I think the elephant in the room that you are refusing to acknowledge is that, besides a few people, nobody else is concerned about the issues you continually, across several treads, multiple times a day, list. Change in design team, possible changes in deco or design from the b-sheet, and loosing some features (which we have been assured will not happen and will hopefully get more than shown) are just not concerns that most of the fans here are not concerned about. I really am sorry the Hoverboard did not meet your expectations or needs, but the issues with the Hoverboard are not issues that a vast majority of Castle Grayskull fans are concerned about! No matter how many times you post your issues with the Hoverboard and how you think they apply to Castle Grayskull this will not change!
    Very well said.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTripper View Post
    This doesn't make sense to me. You will not be paying for it until it is ready to ship, and if preorders are not met, then it will not be produced at all. So, if it doesn't happen, even if you preorder, you have saved that money. But, if you're going to go ahead and order if it is greenlit, then why wait?
    It makes perfect sense for me. I won't miss something that doesn't get made. I'm planning on a new baby by next fall, so that $300 could be useful......so I'm taking a gamble. Don't worry.....my waiting for 1 order will not prevent a CG from being made.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    It's no secret that I'm quite the Matty Apologist™, but even I have to say that I think the whole thermometer thing is BS. Especially since THEY update it, it doesn't update automatically based on sales.
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    It's no secret that I'm quite the Matty Apologist™, but even I have to say that I think the whole thermometer thing is BS. Especially since THEY update it, it doesn't update automatically based on sales.
    thats been my one complaint about the "image" thermometer. A Java based thermometer [which DO exist] that updates via live sale numbers would be more trusting on there part.
    But we are talking about a very big business... so numbers "fudging" to improve profits [which is what they care about] is to be expected.

It probably passed the minimum earlier in the week. Of course, I could be eating my words tomorrow.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    It probably passed the minimum earlier in the week. Of course, I could be eating my words tomorrow.
    It could have, we have no idea. Being 5 ticks down, this is exactly how someone would write it up to boost last minute deadline sales. Other than the internal worry as fans, I think it's the best thing for the line (a good marketing ploy). Whatever happens, I hope we get enough to justify more vehicles and playsets. A successful Castle Grayskull tells me that management will be happier to provide more resources/skus for 2014. The Castle will provide us all the power in the universe!

I'm really not trying to be rude here...but the only kind of sense this makes is non-sense. It will only got through if we reach the minimum orders, if people don't order it then the minimum orders will not be met, therefore, everyone who wants one needs to order one to give it the best chance of going through.

If you don't want one then don't order it, if you do, it really makes no sense at all to wait until after the 12th.
    It makes perfect sense to me....I won't know if I can get money together for next year being a $500 (plus shipping) sub, plus a $250 (plus shipping) toy playset....I have a set budget for toys, the rest goes to bills and everyday life, and I am planning to move and buying a new car, and then no one knows about how a job might turn on them....therefore I don't know what extra expenses come up....I will have a better idea after the first of the year....therefore not everyone can afford $300 a year in advance, even with that year to "save" when everyone can't save, because it falls outside their budget, and unless money can be freed up, no way it will happen....

So, yeah, to me it makes perfect sense, sorry there are those who can't understand everyone has different financial obligations and can only spend a certain set amount on luxury items such as plastic guys that sit MOSC or on shelves gathering dust....I won't be able to commit until the first of the year....if then. Not everyone can go buy 30+ subs you know, let alone a $300 plastic lump that will just sit there, gather dust, and likely take up too much room, that I don't have anyway....

That being said, I do really want one, and if I can get the money figured out, I will buy one.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    It makes perfect sense to me....I won't know if I can get money together for next year being a $500 (plus shipping) sub, plus a $250 (plus shipping) toy playset....I have a set budget for toys, the rest goes to bills and everyday life, and I am planning to move and buying a new car, and then no one knows about how a job might turn on them....therefore I don't know what extra expenses come up....I will have a better idea after the first of the year....therefore not everyone can afford $300 a year in advance, even with that year to "save" when everyone can't save, because it falls outside their budget, and unless money can be freed up, no way it will happen....

So, yeah, to me it makes perfect sense, sorry there are those who can't understand everyone has different financial obligations and can only spend a certain set amount on luxury items such as plastic guys that sit MOSC or on shelves gathering dust....I won't be able to commit until the first of the year....if then. Not everyone can go buy 30+ subs you know, let alone a $300 plastic lump that will just sit there, gather dust, and likely take up too much room, that I don't have anyway....

That being said, I do really want one, and if I can get the money figured out, I will buy one.
    Yes, that makes sense, but what nato was originally saying was that he is only going to order it if it goes through...but nato has now added a little more information: "It makes perfect sense for me. I won't miss something that doesn't get made. I'm planning on a new baby by next fall, so that $300 could be useful......so I'm taking a gamble. Don't worry.....my waiting for 1 order will not prevent a CG from being made."

I would assume based off that, that nato is waiting because he doesn't want to pay that much and doesn't want to contribute to the count that get's it approved but if it does go through he will have to get it because he will need it for his collection if it is produced...like most of us will. That I understand!

I hope it goes through and I hope you and nato can both find the finances to get it. I completely understand with the child coming...I have two My wife is only letting me get it because I am getting a significant raise in January and by this time next year we hope to be in a much better financial place. I asked her if I could order a second one, either to sell next year or for play with my boys...but, although she didn't say no, I could tell she was not as supportive as that idea as I would need to go forward with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    It was not sold as a toy, it was sold as a prop replica. Thats the problem. They had the originals in house, and it turned out nothing like them. Thats the long story short.
    It was sold as a toy, hell it was a toy in the movie. They never said we would get an exact replica, or if they did I ignored that. I remember them saying we would get a hoveboard like what was in the movie. Low and behold I am getting a hoverboard like what was in the movie. Not exact but close enough for me to have fun with it, and yes it is like the originals, just not exact. So no lenticular and the strap is different, big woop it still looks like the movie. They even made a cool box for it. Im sorry your not happy with it but they did let anyone who wanted to cancel it. I mean how can you be mad at that, they gave you an out. There is no need to keep bringing up how much you dislike the board, no money was wasted and everything is all good. And for those of us that like the board we spent our money and are happy. Really the board is a no lose situation, except for Mattel if they happen to get stuck with any. It also has nothing to do with the castle, im sure if there is a radical change and people throw a fit they to can get an out from their preorder. I think the problem with the board is some people were expecting some perfect hoverboard with all the bells and whistles, rarely is anything perfect. None of the Ghostbusters props were perfect, but they were cool none the less. Again there is no reason to keep being angry as no money was spent if you didnt like it. I warn you now the castle will not be "perfect". The original is not perfect, hell my GiJoe Flagg is not perfect, but they are both oh so cool. It will be a cool playset with some action features, but by no means perfect. I for one will continue to look forward to it and know that it will be the center point for my masters.

Yes, that makes sense, but what nato was originally saying was that he is only going to order it if it goes through...but nato has now added a little more information: "It makes perfect sense for me. I won't miss something that doesn't get made. I'm planning on a new baby by next fall, so that $300 could be useful......so I'm taking a gamble. Don't worry.....my waiting for 1 order will not prevent a CG from being made."

I would assume based off that, that nato is waiting because he doesn't want to pay that much and doesn't want to contribute to the count that get's it approved but if it does go through he will have to get it because he will need it for his collection if it is produced...like most of us will. That I understand!

I hope it goes through and I hope you and nato can both find the finances to get it. I completely understand with the child coming...I have two My wife is only letting me get it because I am getting a significant raise in January and by this time next year we hope to be in a much better financial place. I asked her if I could order a second one, either to sell next year or for play with my boys...but, although she didn't say no, I could tell she was not as supportive as that idea as I would need to go forward with it.
    Well, the if it doesn't get made thing, no....I for one will miss it, because I'll know it could have been, and wasn't. I wish I could PO it now, but I just can't commit to it for financial reasons just yet, so I do hope it goes through, so I can pop on it, a little later.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

It was sold as a toy, hell it was a toy in the movie. They never said we would get an exact replica, or if they did I ignored that. I remember them saying we would get a hoveboard like what was in the movie. Low and behold I am getting a hoverboard like what was in the movie. Not exact but close enough for me to have fun with it, and yes it is like the originals, just not exact. So no lenticular and the strap is different, big woop it still looks like the movie. They even made a cool box for it. Im sorry your not happy with it but they did let anyone who wanted to cancel it. I mean how can you be mad at that, they gave you an out. There is no need to keep bringing up how much you dislike the board, no money was wasted and everything is all good. And for those of us that like the board we spent our money and are happy. Really the board is a no lose situation, except for Mattel if they happen to get stuck with any. It also has nothing to do with the castle, im sure if there is a radical change and people throw a fit they to can get an out from their preorder. I think the problem with the board is some people were expecting some perfect hoverboard with all the bells and whistles, rarely is anything perfect. None of the Ghostbusters props were perfect, but they were cool none the less. Again there is no reason to keep being angry as no money was spent if you didnt like it. I warn you now the castle will not be "perfect". The original is not perfect, hell my GiJoe Flagg is not perfect, but they are both oh so cool. It will be a cool playset with some action features, but by no means perfect. I for one will continue to look forward to it and know that it will be the center point for my masters.
    I wanted to stay away from the Hoverboard fiasco, but you're wrong. The Hoverboard was sold as a prop replica.
    From the Matty page:
    Great Scott, film fans! You won't need a flux capacitor to fulfill your density because the first ever Hoverboard prop replica from the classic Back to the Future™ trilogy is coming to MattyCollector.com in 2012!

Movie-accurate down to the smallest detail and fully sanctioned by Universal Studios
    Not sold as a toy. The Toy is the 1:12 Hoverboard that was a "gift" to those who pre-ordered the big one. If the highlighted statements had not been in the Hoverboard page, People wouldn't have complained on the bait and switch that is scaring some from getting Grayskull.

Now my thoughts in general on the whole Grayskull vs hoverboard: (not aimed at anyone in particular)
    Grayskull is a slightly different beast since we're getting a reinterpretation of the Definitive Grayskull, so there is no SINGLE source to define it (they're basing it mostly on the prototype, but specified that it wasn't an exact replica of it, unlike the Hoverboard) I can only hope that Mattel sticks to their word and deliver the awesomest Grayskull yet. I understand why some may be wary, but all we have right now is two choices, take a leap of faith, or not. If you preorder, cool! If you don't, cool! Whatever you choose it's your choice and it doesn't make you any more or less of a fan than the person who chose the opposite thing.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I think the elephant in the room that you are refusing to acknowledge is that, besides a few people, nobody else is concerned about the issues you continually, across several treads, multiple times a day, list. Change in design team, possible changes in deco or design from the b-sheet, and loosing some features (which we have been assured will not happen and will hopefully get more than shown) are just not concerns that most of the fans here are worried about. I really am sorry the Hoverboard did not meet your expectations or needs, but the issues with the Hoverboard are not issues that a vast majority of Castle Grayskull fans are concerned about! No matter how many times you post your issues with the Hoverboard and how you think they apply to Castle Grayskull this will not change!
    Slow clap.... ----^
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

I just wanted to share these links to an interview that http://www.actionfigureinsider.com did with Toy Guru about the Castle Grayskull Preorder...

[Part 1]
    http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/m...ch-interview-1

[Part 2]
    http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/m...ch-interview-2

Come on guys!!!

DONT WAIT, PREORDER NOW!!!

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    It was sold as a toy, hell it was a toy in the movie. They never said we would get an exact replica, or if they did I ignored that.
    lex-luthor-wrong1.jpg

No but really, it was noted as a prop replica. It looks NOTHING like the real one. Trust me dude, ive seen the real deal, they even HAD the real deal in their office..... this is not a replica, this is a toy, not a prop, a toy. Yes, its a toy in the movie, but in prop form. When you change EVERY detail on said prop, it is no longer a replica, but a bootleg toy. Hope this helps.

Also with the cancelation, please refer to multiple accounts of the hell people had to go through to cancel. It wasnt easy, you had to actually threaten them with legal action. Take whatever Matty is telling you, ignore it, and trust the fans who have delt with the fiasco.

The ghostbusters stuff was the right specs. They didnt change decals, they did everything respectfully and went beyond the call of duty to hide anything that may have looked toyish. Ok, the ribbon on the trap looked stupid, but it poped right off. Easy fix. This........ thing...... beyond customizable.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Does everyone really think there's a chance this won't get made now? I would be willing to bet that it will be just like what happened with the 2013 subs. Mattel will go right down to the wire saying they might not make it, and then tomorrow Toyguru will post a video with another party hat on saying that they got 150% of what they needed . . . or more.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

Quote Originally Posted by gummi View Post
    Does everyone really think there's a chance this won't get made now? I would be willing to bet that it will be just like what happened with the 2013 subs. Mattel will go right down to the wire saying they might not make it, and then tomorrow Toyguru will post a video with another party hat on saying that they got 150% of what they needed . . . or more.
    I dont think so, I think there may be some deception in the thermometer... but not anywhere on the level ppl are thinking it is.

COME ON PPL!!! PLACE THAT PREORDER!!! ITS LAST MINUTE HERO TIME!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    I dont think so, I think there may be some deception in the thermometer...
    Honestly, that's fine with me. I don't mind the deception if it encourages the continued success of this line.

Quote Originally Posted by Customikey View Post
    Honestly, that's fine with me. I don't mind the deception if it encourages the continued success of this line.
    I agree, as long as it gets made... I COULD CARE LESS! lol

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Granamyr video! See his size in relation to Castle Grayskull and the other Mattycollector.com giants!

Last edited by MegaGearMax; November 11, 2012 at 06:24pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)