Page 112 of 186 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

I will basically sound like an echo of most people's concerns here, but maybe with enough noise The Powers That Be can have enough time to fix it!

OK, I am over-all very impressed with Castle Grayskull. But here are things I want fixed/changed:

1) INCREASE THE ENTRANCE HEIGHT! This is an absolute must for me. I cancelled my pre-order. But I would reconsider if the entrance height was increased. Like others have mentioned, there must be a way to cut into the base, re-tool it, and then re-sculpt a bigger jawbridge door so that it's flush with the very bottom of the base. Yeah, the figures will have to "step up" into the castle, but so what. This could add 2 inches to the entrance height, plenty for me.

2) Sculpt detail on interior walls. This is an easy fix, and might already be in the works since TG mentioned the castle was not 100% complete yet. I just find it hard to believe that we can get a very detailed Wind Raider but then the flagship Castle Grayskull has some parts plain.

3) Loose the bat-jetpack and warrior-trainer. Maybe if these two things are gone, the budget for them can be applied to increasing the entrance height.

Anyway, that's it for me. The small entrance killed it for me. I'm just really, really, really bummed about it. Everything else is so awesome about the castle, why can't it be perfect?
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Well, it's a prototype and hasn't even come close to going to tooling yet, right? The only thing I really, REALLY hope they change is the entranceway height. Hopefully this can be easily accomplished by cutting into the base a little with the jawbridge, thereby heightening the entranceway.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Snappy Threader
    Me too, everything looks amazing except the height of the Jaw Bridge.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    I will basically sound like an echo of most people's concerns here, but maybe with enough noise The Powers That Be can have enough time to fix it!

OK, I am over-all very impressed with Castle Grayskull. But here are things I want fixed/changed:

1) INCREASE THE ENTRANCE HEIGHT! This is an absolute must for me. I cancelled my pre-order. But I would reconsider if the entrance height was increased. Like others have mentioned, there must be a way to cut into the base, re-tool it, and then re-sculpt a bigger jawbridge door so that it's flush with the very bottom of the base. Yeah, the figures will have to "step up" into the castle, but so what. This could add 2 inches to the entrance height, plenty for me.

2) Sculpt detail on interior walls. This is an easy fix, and might already be in the works since TG mentioned the castle was not 100% complete yet. I just find it hard to believe that we can get a very detailed Wind Raider but then the flagship Castle Grayskull has some parts plain.

3) Loose the bat-jetpack and warrior-trainer. Maybe if these two things are gone, the budget for them can be applied to increasing the entrance height.

Anyway, that's it for me. The small entrance killed it for me. I'm just really, really, really bummed about it. Everything else is so awesome about the castle, why can't it be perfect?
    yeah i agree, i think they can increase the height of the entrance and make a new door.

Quote Originally Posted by tenno View Post
    The robot! There's no way I want a $27 robot. This is perfect.
    I really like this solution. Better than cardboard! I figured they were just going to skip it. Maybe down the line they can tool a whole new figure (WAY down the line) that you can replace this with. But I think it's a good solution for now.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontroller View Post
    I've thought of an "easy" solution for the infamous CG small entrance: add a lower part to the jaw bridge, make it a little taller and "carve" the rocky base underneath.
    The problem at the moment is that once open the door gets in the way (like a step) in the entrance and takes away too much space. Result: the figures aren't able to pass through.
    By "carving" the rocky base underneath the spot where the jawbridge "falls" when it's open and by lowering the hinge, the door would not become a "step" any more and about an inch will be saved. This would allow the figures to pass and would not be too bad design-wise.
    What do you think?
    yep i hope they really consider this idea.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    That video was awesome! I think that ledge that Orko is on isn't on right. It's not even.

I really hope the walls have the same detail as the exterior, but I am REALLY hoping the dungeon monsters don't get scrapped! Seeing that in plastic form was one of the coolest parts of the Castle to me.

We could be getting POINT DREAD too?

I would LOVE a Spirit of Castle Grayskull "figure".

Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    The hollowed out CG Robot is lame. I would have excluded it and then released it as a fully articulated figure. What a HUGE let down that is.
    If the line lasts long enough, you might eventually get a Castle Grayskull Robot figure that you can replace it with. Like the Keldor Swords, just because a toy comes with one thing doesn't mean that it can't get upgraded into something else later.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

OK, here's my two cents on the Castle:

I think the sculpt is a masterpiece and I'm very happy with it. I do have two minor issues, but none of them is a deal breaker for me

1. The size. It's a bit too small, especially the door. There's an easy solution for this:

Quote Originally Posted by Kontroller View Post
    I've thought of an "easy" solution for the infamous CG small entrance: add a lower part to the jaw bridge, make it a little taller and "carve" the rocky base underneath.
    The problem at the moment is that once open the door gets in the way (like a step) in the entrance and takes away too much space. Result: the figures aren't able to pass through.
    By "carving" the rocky base underneath the spot where the jawbridge "falls" when it's open and by lowering the hinge, the door would not become a "step" any more and about an inch will be saved. This would allow the figures to pass and would not be too bad design-wise.
    What do you think?
    You're absolutely right!
    The main problem is that the base is way too thick. If it was thinner, the walls and of course the jawbridge could be a little higher and voila, problem solved.

2. The dungeon pit:
    Instead of adding a prison cell and/or that completely useless and pointless Wind Raider stand, they should have included the pit. It has much more nostalgia value than the new items added.
    I mean, honestly, what's the point of that Wind Raider thing? It's so stupid and useless. I can't get over it.
    Awesome sticker included!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    That video was awesome! I think that ledge that Orko is on isn't on right. It's not even.
    I think it's like that so that it'll be under the roof of the throne room when you close it up. But it looks really odd to me. I'd rather it be a piece you have to take off and then put back on when you close up the castle.

I do agree I'd rather have the dungeon than the Wind Raider stand, which seems odd and pointless. However, I doubt it's an even trade off. The Dungeon would require a lot of paint apps to do justice to all those creatures. The WR stand is just a flat piece of green plastic.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I dont like the bat jetpack. It looks a cheap piece of plastic in order to add more items-

I prefer to add the dungeon piece...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Quote Originally Posted by PaTrIcKfOgArTy View Post
    Excellent! Putting things in perspective people...
    Looks absolutely amazing!!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

I would sacrifice a lot of interior details for increased size (at least the entrance height).

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Excellent! Putting things in perspective people...
    Looks absolutely amazing!!
    It looks amazing. No one is saying otherwise. But to be fair, the figures are equally larger, so this comparison does nothing.
    Check out my blog about toys and food: http://toysandbacon.blogspot.com/

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    I would gladly loose the Windraider stand, Jetpack and Orb holder to get the dungeon!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    I would gladly loose the Windraider stand, Jetpack and Orb holder to get the dungeon!
    Who wouldn't?

More poor choices being made at Matty.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    Who wouldn't?

More poor choices being made at Matty.
    This is a terribly false choice though. All those require minimal (if any) paint. The dungeon would require a LOT of paint apps to do properly. I too think the grate should be in there, but I can see why it's not.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    This is a terribly false choice though. All those require minimal (if any) paint. The dungeon would require a LOT of paint apps to do properly. I too think the grate should be in there, but I can see why it's not.
    Agreed. Fans need to be reasonable with certain things.

I personally love the interconnectivity with the Wind Raider (now) and the idea of Point Dread down the road.

I'd rather exclude the things that could EASILY be added later in an "add-on" pack.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Well, per TG over at Matty, the grate with the creatures WILL be included!!!!

.........as a sticker.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Well, per TG over at Matty, the grate with the creatures WILL be included!!!!

.........as a sticker.
    ...a sticker that will either be applied haphazardly, arrive already peeling, or will come with extra scotch tape to hold it down...

Heroic Warrior

Agree with the above great post!!!!

I'm TOTALLY ok with loosing the Wind Raider floor/stand thing...for other features. sculpted dungeon grate!

Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    Kontroller, yep this sounds perfectly feasible, but the door would need to be re-sculpted, to retain the aesthetics, also the base section would, once altered, need to be remoulded.
    They could I guess alter the base in it's ' hard form' using a sculpting compound that hardens so they could save costs on the remould, but it wouldn't be worth the risk of sending it away to China only to have the re-modelled piece break out in transit.
    Like others have mentioned, there must be a way to cut into the base, re-tool it, and then re-sculpt a bigger jawbridge door so that it's flush with the very bottom of the base. Yeah, the figures will have to "step up" into the castle, but so what. This could add 2 inches to the entrance height, plenty for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    You're absolutely right!
    The main problem is that the base is way too thick. If it was thinner, the walls and of course the jawbridge could be a little higher and voila, problem solved.
    Thanks guys for giving credit to my idea!! I believe that until CG is a prototype, the 4H and mr Neitlich will do what they can to fix minor issues like this, which are easily fixable though, if left as they are, might lead to lost pre-orders.
    I'm persuaded we can do without certain items but, as fans, CG entrance height is a MUST!!
    Last edited by Kontroller; February 11, 2013 at 04:31pm.
    -Kontroller: Evil master of Tram tickets -

Toyguru, I mean come on, you guys HAVE to know the door is WAY too small. I have read your excuses as usual. Here I went again and bought 2 castles thinking it would be done right. It has been, with everything EXCEPT the door. It looks like you cut the teeth off so they would not comb He-Man's hair as he walked through. If you can change things from a design point like colors and black plastic. This can be changed. You CAN drop some of the accessories to make this happen. I mean WHY does the Windraider even need to be inside the castle? DROP it. You guys SAY the fans demanded a filmation sub. You allowed us to vote on it, put this to a Vote. IT CAN BE DONE! Don't make an excuse and say it can't. It's molding another inch or 2 to the bottom of the castle. I have read your answers and am SURE I will get the same thing but it is a lame attempt on Mattel's part to justify this. I IMPLORE you DON'T let this be like the Hoverboard. Put this on the forums at MATTY. I am SURE it will get the SAME lame excuse.
    Currently Looking for:
    MOC:
    Dragon Walker with tattoo he - man MIB.
    Parts I need:
    Zodak Calves, Feet and Loin Cloths.

Might wanna check this guys........ apparently NOW, at no point did he offer the dungeon as part of the stickers to 3D sculpting upgrade!!!

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...408#6901023408

...but dont worry!!! YOU STILL GET A LANDING PAD "inside a closed off building with no open roof" to land your wind raider inside tho!!

...is it just me, or does anyone else CLEARLY remember him saying that all stickers would be 3D sculpted now in a classics version back when he was selling us on this classics line version back at the con when the Bsheet was shown?!

If you say that your upgrading the stickers to 3D... that means ALL stickers... not part of them!

The Dungeon was the COOLEST sticker from the entire vintage playset!!! How can u cut that???!

Scott on the size of Castle Grayskull. (28:15)

Okay so we know the size is smaller than the B sheet, but WHY is it smaller? No one asked that question for some reason.

Yes, it looks amazing, but right now it needs work before it's fit to be considered a MOTUC Castle Grayskull. Here are my suggestions: