Page 118 of 186 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Heroic Warrior
    What I don't understand is if it's possible to sculpt the brick work ( and little bird from the lift pulley )on the inside of the windows, then why can't there be sculpted detail on the Walls, a steel mould has to be made for both sides of the castles front and side, so why not have the detail in there
    I could understand it if it was a spray urethane sprayed in to one half of a mould, but it's not, its a injection mould, so that means there has to be two half's, if it only took two weeks to do the sculpt then I'm sure it's not a time issue.

Vintage head clearance
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    What I don't understand is if it's possible to sculpt the brick work ( and little bird from the lift pulley )on the inside of the windows, then why can't there be sculpted detail on the Walls, a steel mould has to be made for both sides of the castles front and side, so why not have the detail in there
    I could understand it if it was a spray urethane sprayed in to one half of a mould, but it's not, its a injection mould, so that means there has to be two half's, if it only took two weeks to do the sculpt then I'm sure it's not a time issue.
    It's not because it can't be done, it's just a cost-saving measure. It's Mattel, they'll squeeze out every penny they can. Sure, some fans will cancel their pre-order over this, but since the castle sold well above expectations they can afford to lose some customers in order to maximize their profit margin.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

I think his specific question was about the interior details. My thought there is that if the interior really is going to just be the negative then those details won't be on the final and it'll just be the negative. But who knows.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I laughed when I wrote that transcription, too.

True. Also, I think nothing should be cut (because TG said nothing would be cut MANY times), plus as of November 13th, 2012, the minimum to go into production was EXCEEDED! The pre-order period was opened until January 4th (the thermometer was not updated since Nov 13th, so we don't know how many were sold) and Mattel has re-opened pre-orders at a higher price point ($250).

If, for some reason, it's costing Mattel more now, they really should eat that cost. In that video, TG said they made it $250 (instead of $200) for that wiggle room, promised nothing would get cut numerous times, and they sold more than required. I don't understand where any problems would be coming from. The Mattel team specifically drew the blueprints and costed it out, to make sure it would be in budget. *shrugs* I just don't get it.

http://news.mattycollector.com/wp-co...you_did_it.jpg
    I'm seriously considering cancelling my order now and quitting the line to boot. Too many empty promises and half truths. I'm sick of it.

Heroic Warrior
    Was going to preorder but after seeing it I can't pay an extra $25 because I preordered later. If I'd had been $250 I probably would have pulled the trigger after the NYTF showing. Not a big loss I guess because I was on the fence to begin with leaning more towards passing.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    I'm seriously considering cancelling my order now and quitting the line to boot. Too many empty promises and half truths. I'm sick of it.
    I personally recommend everyone hold off cancelling your pre-orders until AFTER SDCC, when a finalized Castle Grayskull is shown. That way, if the Four Horsemen/Mattel are able to fix the size issues with Grayskull (figures barely fitting in the entrance and the levels), you won't be left without owning a Castle Grayskull yourself. The new pre-orders are only opened until March 4, and SDCC is in July...so anyone who cancels and then changes their mind after seeing the final product, will be screwed. Mattel said they probably won't do any day-of orders, and if they do, they will be $300 each ($50 more than what the initial people who pre-ordered paid...and we're also getting a cool poster with all the MOTUC characters on it).

I think it's safer to wait until SDCC to make a final decision. Everyone has until August 30th to cancel, and SDCC is in July.

I recommend being very vocal about considering canceling and the reasons why (it might help some fixes take place so Mattel doesn't lose so many pre-orders/sales).

In my opinion, waiting until AFTER you see the final product is the best idea.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    ... I recommend being very vocal about considering canceling and the reasons why (it might help some fixes take place so Mattel doesn't lose so many pre-orders/sales). ...
    I don't think they will fix anything, regardless of how many people demand improvements.
    We will just get the usual excuses:

"It's too late to make any changes."

"It would cost too much to ..."

"The critics are louder than numerous."

"If you don't like it, you can cancel your order."

...In my opinion, waiting until AFTER you see the final product is the best idea.
    Yes. It's the only thing we can do now.

In the end, not many people will cancel. Because everyone wants to have a castle for their Classics
    and having a castle that is not perfect is better than having no castle at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JKM View Post
    I don't think they will fix anything, regardless of how many people demand improvements.
    We will just get the usual excuses:

"It's too late to make any changes."

"It would cost too much to ..."

"The critics are louder than numerous."

"If you don't like it, you can cancel your order."
    I believe we'll just get the above responses as well...
    'If you don't like it, you can cancel your order.'...still can't understand why any business model refuses and doesn't want to listen to its customer base. Fans and customers suggestions will only make the product better which causes sales to go higher. Instead, answers like above will only hinder sales and create a lot of confusion and distrust.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    I personally recommend everyone hold off cancelling your pre-orders until AFTER SDCC, when a finalized Castle Grayskull is shown. That way, if the Four Horsemen/Mattel are able to fix the size issues with Grayskull (figures barely fitting in the entrance and the levels), you won't be left without owning a Castle Grayskull yourself. The new pre-orders are only opened until March 4, and SDCC is in July...so anyone who cancels and then changes their mind after seeing the final product, will be screwed. Mattel said they probably won't do any day-of orders, and if they do, they will be $300 each ($50 more than what the initial people who pre-ordered paid...and we're also getting a cool poster with all the MOTUC characters on it).

I think it's safer to wait until SDCC to make a final decision. Everyone has until August 30th to cancel, and SDCC is in July.

I recommend being very vocal about considering canceling and the reasons why (it might help some fixes take place so Mattel doesn't lose so many pre-orders/sales).

In my opinion, waiting until AFTER you see the final product is the best idea.
    You are absolutely right.

But I really hope they will fix the size issue. Cause that s the most important item in the entire toyline. They cannot afford to make a mistake with it.
    That could attract more collectors and assure the continuity of the toyline.
    I know it s pretty hard for toyguru and mattel to receive a lot of criticism about each figures produced, as they are closed to their customers, and it is impossible to satisfy each customer wish.
    But regarding the castle grayskull, all the customers are ok with the fact the SIZE IS A BIG PROBLEM.
    The sculpture by the 4 horsement is absolutely amazing, but it s VERY SHAME to get this small size. The entrance is ridiculous with he-man's head touching the teeth, in the prison you can just see the chest of the character inside, and you cannot use the windraider as shedulded...
    Just cause the size issue...
    This time Mattel has to consider that like an investment and not to spare any penny they can to make big benefit on this CG.
    Cause wanting to spare to much they can lose much more cause a lot of collectors very disapointed will cancel their pre order.
    And without a great castle grayskull for MOTUC most of them will stop to collect and that will be the end of this toyline...
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

>>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Yeah but it's not like they're gonna go back to the 4 horsemen and say 'oooopsie dooopsie, can you resculpt everything 20 per cent bigger'?
    This is OUR CASTLE, people. I think that's a given now. Aside from maybe fixing the front gate, nothing will change in terms of scale. And I don't really want them to make a bigger door as it wouldn't be proportionate of the rest of the sculpt which is perfect... But too darn small.

Right now all I hope is that they'll improve those awful naked smooth interior walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    Yeah but it's not like they're gonna go back to the 4 horsemen and say 'oooopsie dooopsie, can you resculpt everything 20 per cent bigger'?
    This is OUR CASTLE, people. I think that's a given now.
    Why not? They want our money... I personally want them to make it like they first pitched it to us! There's plenty of time left before it's released.

I think just accepting that "this is our castle" is exactly what Scott wants... it certainly makes his job a lot easier if we just shut up and deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    And to think Scott kept saying that they wouldn't do a just a mere facade but a fully sculpted playset with all the bells and whistles.
    I can't believe I let him fool me again

An interesting point of note (looking at stuff from October 2012), a lot of people were excited about He-Man riding Battle Cat through the entrance of Castle Grayskull and some were freaking out, thinking it wouldn't happen. I didn't realize there was so much talk about it back then. I guess it's not so surprising that it's THE hot button issue right now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kelly Edmonds' video of the Castle Grayskull presale announcement detail/blue prints. Castle Grayskull info starts @ 20:47.

- TG said the $250 price tag was to "have enough wiggle room to put enough into it." Hoping to put more into it, but you're NOT going to see less. Toyguru repeats, multiple times and EMPHASIZES that we will NOT get less than what's shown in the blueprints. He was very insistent on this.
    - "Will there be decals?" Toyguru answer: "I think we're going to actually sculpt everything, like the Wind Raider." (lots of cheering and clapping occurs). Translation - demon grate in blue prints was NEVER a sticker. Interesting point of note, Ruben and his team drew up the blueprints based on notes from 4H, so the playset could be costed out. So...they knew about the grate, because that work was all done in-house by Mattel.
    - Playmat (the moat thing) is NOT included, but they're looking into ways of including it, like a cut-out in the packaging.
    - "...at MINIMUM, this is what you're going to get. So, you can see the dimensions are called out..."
    - "The original Castle goes up to about the eye balls of this one. So, that's how big this thing is. I mean, you're going to need a new room." (laughter ensues).

I officially give up on trying to find the quote about the Castle walls interior though. Sorry guys.
    A simply AMAZING post Well done! Everyone should read this and watch the video!! Please post this to Scott on the Matty forums. He needs to be accountable!

True. Also, I think nothing should be cut (because TG said nothing would be cut MANY times)

[snip]

If, for some reason, it's costing Mattel more now, they really should eat that cost. In that video, TG said they made it $250 (instead of $200) for that wiggle room, promised nothing would get cut numerous times, and they sold more than required. I don't understand where any problems would be coming from. The Mattel team specifically drew the blueprints and costed it out, to make sure it would be in budget. *shrugs* I just don't get it.
    You're not alone. Why is this not being addressed by him?

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    That's awesome! It's nice to have proof in a video. We aren't really that stupid. Who really believes that everything was going to be sculpted except for the dungeon? There was no way that was going to be a sticker, and I will feel insulted if I get that as a sticker sheet in the box.
    Correct! I hope the fandom doesn't roll over this time!! As you said, we have video proof! Scott needs to address this... for real this time!
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    Baby Skeletor (just kidding)

Why not ...this was just a first try, why make it the last one? It only took them two weeks to do the whole thing inside and out. what's another two weeks (maybe less) to fix it or redo it.
    Right now, I find it very small, cramped with unnecessary hollowed objects, stupid and ridiculous ideas (WindRaider stand in the middle and a dysfunctional dungeon), the figures are very large in size compared to the castle size (Syclone and MAA on the top level compared to the foam model, pics below), the walls will be thinner on the final product, even the width of the walls is very narrow, he-man can't stand in the door way because the door opening is too small (even the vintage 80s one had more head clearance), the sorceress might not be able to sit on the throne, the inside walls have zero detailing, more things might be cut off of the final product. But of course we can cancel if we don't like it.

I'm sorry but even if it has a nice outside sculpt but with all the bad things and ideas surrounding it, I think it's a big waste of a good opportunity to get a well designed and crafted Castle Grayskull Classics.

The more I think of it, the more I realize it's too small. Would have given up all the interior design for a bigger gate. Look, the sculpting is gorgeous, truly world class. But motuc Castle Grayskull just isn't in scale with the rest of the line.

As sad as it is, I'm considering a cancellation, because for the same budget I could make a front gate myself. I will waitfor the sdcc version, but I doubt there will be the changes we are asking for.
    Check out my blog about toys and food: http://toysandbacon.blogspot.com/

I wonder how the Horsemen & TG can truly be happy with the door like that. It's like PD's video. Scott couldn't even fit him thorough the door.....
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by JKM View Post
    Because everyone wants to have a castle for their Classics
    and having a castle that is not perfect is better than having no castle at all.
    Exactly the opposite to me. I just wouldn't be happy with it as shown, and I'd see the missed opportunity that it really is. It would make me regret buying it every time I looked at it.

This is OUR CASTLE, people. I think that's a given now. Aside from maybe fixing the front gate, nothing will change in terms of scale. And I don't really want them to make a bigger door as it wouldn't be proportionate of the rest of the sculpt which is perfect... But too darn small.

Right now all I hope is that they'll improve those awful naked smooth interior walls.
    I don't believe that we will see any changes but there is no need to re-sculpt the castle in order to scale it up. They can do this easily with a 3D scan, just like Ruben swapped Dekker's original goatee for Duncan's moustache.

It's a shame because TG initially said he would work together with the fans every step of the way and right now any form of fan input is cast aside, even though the majority is disappointed about the size and that the interior isn't exactly display worthy at the moment.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sizz-Lor View Post
    Exactly the opposite to me. I just wouldn't be happy with it as shown, and I'd see the missed opportunity that it really is. It would make me regret buying it every time I looked at it.
    I second this.

I do hope that the castle will be re-done in larger scale before it goes into production. The current size is too small in my eyes.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Sizz-Lor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I second this.
    Thirded! Do it right or don't bother at all!
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    Baby Skeletor (just kidding)

Court Magician

Disappointment of new castle grayskull

and here is the proposed blueprints:
    http://castlegrayskull.info/?p=33
    I find it hard to believe that the front of the prototype is 28.3" wide as proposed in Mattels blueprints and this thing sure doesnt seem as grand as Scott proposed when he wanted us to shell out $300 plus...
    I felt cheated when I was viewing the video and still do and to be honest I probably wouldnt have pre-ordered one if I knew. Scott made promises of it being molded inside and out...it looks like a cheap garbage recreation of the 82 one. While I would have liked an 82 version..I would have wanted updates and more space..it looks super cramped and all those videos and foam mockups were all a load of marketing B.S. and I feel weve all been had. At $99 the ninja turtles sewer playset is a much grander and useful playset.
    dont get me wrong...the fascia sculpt is beautiful...but the castle is too small (he-man and battlecat cannot fit in doorway) but is also overall way too narrow which cramps interior space and scott even mentions how some pieces will be hollowed out like the space suit (no..not to fit on figures..but to save plastic) dont be surprised if thats not the only only piece of the castle thats gonna be hollowed out in final version..just as our wallets were hollowed out.

Heroic Warrior
    where did u find the TMNT play-set for 99$, all the toy r us stores i went to had it from 179$ to maybe if u were lucky to find it on sale for 150$?

Court Magician
    I find it conveniently hard to pull up the grayskull pre-order video on youtube....you know..the one with all the promises! Playmates came through for their turtles fans big time.

Heroic Warrior
    If the Castle was bigger, being able to fit He-Man riding Battlecat through the door, people would complain that the castle is too big and that they have nowhere to display it.

Also, the turtle's lair has cardboard pieces and hollowed out plastic in the pipes.

Court Magician
    what I would love...is for one of our members (or anyone) to go to a convention, call him out on all this and record it ..then post on youtube...Id love to see his response.

- - - Updated - - -

+1 on a pre-order cancel..I can build a better one myself.