Page 45 of 186 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Agreed. My only problem with this playset is that it isn't bigger.
    No doubt. The possibilites would be endless.

Heroic Warrior
    Things I'd love to see with this Grayskull:

The robot as a figure included
    sculpted hands/tentacles coming through dungeon door
    the turret gun
    the throne chair (which could be re-decoed and sold further down the line on its own as Zodiac's chair)
    a place to put Grayskullman

These are merely things I'd like to see, honestly I'm good either way no matter what

Bring on the B Sheet, hold off on the bull sheet. Let the only surprises be good ones with this project. A Castle-Grayskull sized QC or CS disaster is not something we can afford. All cynicism aside, I'm really looking forward to NYCC.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    Things I'd love to see with this Grayskull:

The robot as a figure included
    sculpted hands/tentacles coming through dungeon door
    the turret gun
    the throne chair (which could be re-decoed and sold further down the line on its own as Zodiac's chair)
    a place to put Grayskullman

These are merely things I'd like to see, honestly I'm good either way no matter what
    AGREE! The only thing I would add is maybe a place for King Grayskull Bronze and the orb stand, otherwise this sums up what I want as well.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

Oh man! The details that Scott said he wants to get into it (in Dan's walk through) sound AMAZING.

• 2 sided. 4-sided costed out too much.
    • Removable Minaret on top
    • The play mat
    • The torture rack
    • Bat jet pack
    • Red Skull on top of the elevator
    • 3 levels - Bottom, middle and top - gang plank on top for more display options
    • Hidden chamber for the orb
    • Revolving hidden door where the ledge is

So... amazing...

I still don't plan on ordering one but it does sound awesome. Grayskull robot might get me to do it though.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I hope EVERYONE that plans ot get a Castle Grayskull goes and snags a Weapons Wrack NOW!

As I would bet that the MOTUC Grayskull wont come with that part with that already released.

..By The Way for those that just realized they need one, they are "almost Gone" on matty right now as of this posting... better rush over an snag one in case u plan to order Grayskull.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    A FourHorsemen made Grayskull? What else does anyone need to know that they need to sign up for this? It’s gonna knock all our socks off.

This has EVERY potential to capture the lightning the first one did 30 years ago.
    And if it’s half as cool as I can imagine it will be with them doing it? It will replace all previous Grayskull playsets. Even the vintage. (But not Icon Heroes, as well… I’m biased. And the playset likely won’t have the other sides and roof. Plus, the IH Castle has more display options.)

Just stop and think about what the FourHorsemen are going to do with this… Think about the wall treatments, the floors, the computers, the armor, the DUNGEON… Just think that through some, and try and tell me it will suck. It won’t.

They’re passion for this playset means it will be the crown jewel in any MotUC…Nay any Masters of the Universe collection.
    Great post Nate (and great meeting you at Power-Con, BTW)! I have no doubt the 4H will blow us away with Castle Grayskull! It will be the must-have center piece of MOTUC!
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

I'm looking forward to the inside, more than the outside. Can't wait to see that vintage throne room, those computer consoles, hopefully that spinning-punching thing, etc. Plus all the other stuff they're talking about. All the cool interiors the 4H could sculpt will rock. Scott seemed really excited talking about it.
    I'll be honest, I could do without the playmat, though I understand why they want to make it. I'd rather have a 3rd wall.

What's this torture rack thing people are talking about? Any pics?

In the slide from PC theres a yellow thing that looks like a bed. I'm thinking they'd it but I have never seen that pic before and I don't think anyone here has a bigger version of it.

Actually it's red. I can see the bat jet pack now!
    Last edited by hlinhk128; September 27, 2012 at 03:41am.
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Oh man! The details that Scott said he wants to get into it (in Dan's walk through) sound AMAZING.

• The play mat
    • The torture rack
    • Bat jet pack
    • 3 levels - Bottom, middle and top - gang plank on top for more display options

So... amazing...
    Right? Those things alone get me to want to buy it.

I'm also hoping for a dungeon with actual bars on it, maybe like in the comic "Danger at Castle Grayskull" when Trap Jaw was rusted shut by He-Man throwing water on him. Yo, how cool would it be to have a bucket in the dungeon as a throw-back to that scene?

I think it would be smart for them to NOT include the weapons rack since it was released as a seperate item. By not including it would help keep the cost down.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Does anyone have a good pic of the Mark Taylor prototype interior?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Dude, I just spent an hour trying to find it on the Internet, and could not find it. I'd love to see a high-res pic so I can zoom in and look at the table, etc.

Here's hoping someone has it....
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    Dude, I just spent an hour trying to find it on the Internet, and could not find it. I'd love to see a high-res pic so I can zoom in and look at the table, etc.

Here's hoping someone has it....
    there's a pic of the slide with interior on the first page of the Powercon reveals thread-- don't know if it's a good pic, per se. Kinda small, and hard to make out the details. Hopefully the original poster has a higher res pic they can upload...
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    There's a very good picture of it in the Power & Honour catalogue, on pg 121

You also get a good view in Pixel Dan's Power & Honor Grayskull review (around 3:11) http://blip.tv/powerandhonor/power-h...t-1982-6372471
    Last edited by Crusader; September 27, 2012 at 10:54am.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I will be getting 3 Castle Grayskulls and maybe 4
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    I started a poll, check it out here so we can keep track:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...r-Tally-You-in
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

I will buy CG 100%!
    Just thinking of getting 2 castles. mmmmhh lets see. :-)
    A new Motu line, again at last!

From what I understood from Scotts Walkthrough with Pixel Dan when the topic turned to Castle Grayskull, scott made the statement that they would need about the numbers they got for the 2013 sub to do the castle and thats a lot since many fans bought multiple subs. Also that the castle could run $250.00 and they won't know till NYCC with the B-sheet. We also need to Remember when we preorder this that Digital River will add on sales tax plus shipping cost to the Authorization so this isn't just a simple $200.00

What would be amazing in the castle would be two things Scott said he would like to see (1) A place for the Orb stand (2) a rotating wall to hide something. Me personally I would love the Rotating wall so that Castle Graysullman could have his own hidden chamber where he's kept.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    No way to know how much of the "hoped for" stuff will actually cost out, so I'm not counting on much more than the castle and a few pieces for the inside. And I'd be satisfied with that, truthfully; cost is going to be a big thing here, and I don't think they could go much beyond the $200 mark and still have a vaible, sellable piece (although I had doubts about the $180 Legion set, and that flew out of Matty faster than a speeding bullet, so i might be wrong there).

I'm surprised at this, but it is actually a fairly smart move. No way were the grand poobahs going to put the money into this without something solid to go on, and this seems about the only solution I can see to the dilemma. It's also, I think, a good gauge of how much general support for the brand remains. The subs aren't a fair measure as a number of things there have driven away former subbers, and the whole idea of "the line can't exist unless everyone is willing to buy everything we make" was the best way I can imagine to ensure the decline we've seen. No strings here, just an MOTU item that is central to the collection. If this goes over, it might be a good arguing point for having a full line-up in 2014 (fuul being at least twelve monthly figures).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I really don't want a two walled CG. I'd rather have the front and two "half walls" than the front and one full side wall. I imagine the vast majority of us are buying this for display anyway, and I really don't want this to be another product that visually suffers due to a stubborn commitment to the 80s aesthetic.

Heroic Warrior
    Upon hearing about this I was so excited and in disbelief

however I know think this will be a huge let down due to not being able to pre-sell enough of them

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    There's a very good picture of it in the Power & Honour catalogue, on pg 121

You also get a good view in Pixel Dan's Power & Honor Grayskull review (around 3:11) http://blip.tv/powerandhonor/power-h...t-1982-6372471
    Thanks, I thought so, but I haven't gotten the book out since I've been home.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    I really don't want a two walled CG. I'd rather have the front and two "half walls" than the front and one full side wall. I imagine the vast majority of us are buying this for display anyway, and I really don't want this to be another product that visually suffers due to a stubborn commitment to the 80s aesthetic.
    I kind of agree, and the 200x Castle was this way. However, as I thought about it, the split wall would limit some of the interior possibilities, so I'm ok with going with the old design. Heck, who am I kidding? I'll take anything related to CG!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post

• The play mat
    • The torture rack
    • Bat jet pack

So... amazing...
    Yeah, and he said something about accessories, too...

...too bad the final won't have half of all that when they finally cost it out and get done eliminating things.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Montork View Post
    Yeah, and he said something about accessories, too...

...too bad the final won't have half of all that when they finally cost it out and get done eliminating things.
    let's be hopefull, shall we? 200 bucks is a lot of money. Look how many articulated parts we got on Battle Cat and the price was reasonnable.
    I really think they're going to blow us all away with the ultimate playset!

I for one am super excited about what Scott said about the secret chamber for the orb (or the sword!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.