Page 47 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 4573

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    There is no way they would meet the numbers for a $400 playset. Not all MOTUC fans are made of money.
    So, how come they are made-of-money enough to buy $700 subscriptions (with many doubling, tripling or even quadrupling that amount)?

As far as the "underwhelming carbon copy" comment, I would have a little more respect for the Horsemen's work and craftsmanship.
    Did I mention anything about the 4H's craftmanship? I talked about what Mattel has flatly stated will be the basis for their CG offering. The 4H will surely do their best with updating Mark Taylor's prototype, but that's a completely different matter from the fact that Mattel's design choice (a half-castle clamshell with children-oriented features) is flooringly underwhelming to begin with, and the 4H will not be allowed to significantly improve that. A half-castle will remain a half-castle, no matter how wondrous the sculpt; the overall design will look skimpily compromised and won't stand comparison with true full-fledged collectibles such as LEGO's Death Star or Hasbro's Millenium Falcon.

LEGO_Death_Star.jpgHasbro_Millenium_Falcon.jpg
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    With Grayskull it sounds like aesthetically, we are not getting anything new.
    Well, we know there will be a lot of new things, just from the short list Scott rattled off. Plus imagine the old castle bigger, but sculpted by the 4H. Formerly cardboard/sticker backgrounds fully sculpted and painted. More detailed interiors. 'New' stuff not in the original toy. Easter eggs. The 4H will go nuts!

I mean since when did an ancient castle have a lift and a space suit?
    Since...motu?
    Since when do bees people and snake people walk around, lol. I'm sorry if you don't like the old toy. But that's how the franchise was, ancient and medieval mixed with the futuristic.

I grew up with Filmation and even as a kid I always wished the toys were closer in look to the cartoons. I only had Grayskull back then because of watching the cartoon and that was the only Grayskull released.
    Blame the cartoon, not the toy.

I can't believe how much negativity there is based on such little information. Sheesh let's at least wait to see the B sheet in a few weeks. Personally I'm still in shock. This is Castle freaking Grayskull. What we all thought might never happen is finally a possibility!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

People are now complaining about things that don't even exist yet??...
    That's a new one!!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    I can't believe how much negativity there is based on such little information. Sheesh let's at least wait to see the B sheet in a few weeks. Personally I'm still in shock. This is Castle freaking Grayskull. What we all thought might never happen is finally a possibility!
    I agree. This thing will totally rock, I can't wait to order it. I have never been so excited about MOTU as I am now about this.

To be fair, having watched this thread pretty closely, there are just as many or more who are excited about this.
    Very few individuals are choosing to just complain. And there are a good number who are simply offering their opinions on some aesthetics, which is cool to see, whether I agree with their opinions or not.

I'm still over the moon about this announcement. The world just seems a little brighter knowing that Mattel is actually considering this. I can't wait for the pre-order page to pop up. Can't wait to see the B-sheets at NYCC!

I fully agree with Scott that this is the biggest announcement ever for MotUC. I'm grateful to him for fighting so hard for this! I can't imagine it was an easy sell to the uppers at Mattel.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

There's a huge difference between paying roughly $700 over 12 months vs $400 up front at once, on top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    I know, right? I for one will NOT pay anything more than $250, no matter how cool it is. For that, I am GLAD that it will be only 2 sides. I do not want four sides! I want just the two sides, like the original. I am glad Mattel is doing that.

As far as having a space suit, lift, and computers in the castle: well, this is Masters of the Universe!!! It is SUPPOSED to combine tech with magic!

Like Swifty said: Castle ****'in Grayskull!!!!! Come on!!!! This is too good to be true!
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

I'll buy it no matter what, but perhaps I'm too attached to what my ideal Grayskull would be to be fully appreciative. I mostly just want an awesome display piece.

So thank heavens I have a "FoP" on the way... whatever THAT is...

Are there any unique filmation interiors that could feasibly fit inside?
    All I know is the throne. Maybe they could do interchangeable thrones - one vintage, one filmation, and switch out for whichever one you like.

As for minicomics, I wouldn't mind seeing some of the little details...the cobwebs, little chests, weapons, an iron jail door.

With Grayskull it sounds like aesthetically, we are not getting anything new.
    We're getting the ledge man, THE LEDGE!!!

Hey Matty, finish my Battle Ram, please!

Crystal Moonbeam & Shezar The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...rsecomic22.jpg
    "Too ledge-t, too ledge-t to quit on CG!"

There's a huge difference between paying roughly $700 over 12 months vs $400 up front at once, on top of it.
    There will be 12 months to save up until that upfront payment, so where's the huge difference? People not knowing how to use a piggy bank? And "on top of the sub" is only applicable to those who have chosen to subscribe. I'm betting there would be quite a few non-subscribers (including ex-subscribers, MotU fans not generally interested in MotUC, and also even non-MotU-fans) who would be lured by the jaw-dropping awesomeness of a full-fledged adult-collector-class Castle Grayskull, but who will likely remain unimpressed by a 2-sided clamshell even if masterfully sculpted by the 4H.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    "Too ledge-t, too ledge-t to quit on CG!"
    Thanks MC Hammerfist, just for that I hope you choke on your parachute pants. J/K
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

I will use this post to laugh at the last 3 posts, but for different reasons!
    Hey Matty, finish my Battle Ram, please!

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    There will be 12 months to save up until that upfront payment, so where's the huge difference? People not knowing how to use a piggy bank? And "on top of the sub" is only applicable to those who have chosen to subscribe. I'm betting there would be quite a few non-subscribers (including ex-subscribers, MotU fans not generally interested in MotUC, and also even non-MotU-fans) who would be lured by the jaw-dropping awesomeness of a full-fledged adult-collector-class Castle Grayskull, but who will likely remain unimpressed by a 2-sided clamshell even if masterfully sculpted by the 4H.
    Well you've convinced me that a $400 Castle Grayskull would sell just as well as a $200 one.

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    I agree 100%. Start saving now, you know a year a head of time even if it is christmas. Also and correct me if I am wrong, but there are less figures next year. No 30th anniversary ect.
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Whether it's $200 or $600... time to start saving now!!
    Now Showing
    Two Bad
    Coming Attractions
    Modulok

The MOTUC figures, mostly vintage MOTU, are aesthetically copies of the 80's figures with much more articulation, which is cool because we are getting a more poseable toy. But the figures have their most iconic look.

With Grayskull it sounds like aesthetically, we are not getting anything new. The only difference being the scale. If it is styled after the 80's toy with no other influences then it just won't interest me. I mean since when did an ancient castle have a lift and a space suit? I grew up with Filmation and even as a kid I always wished the toys were closer in look to the cartoons. I only had Grayskull back then because of watching the cartoon and that was the only Grayskull released.
    My house was built in the late 1910...but it has electric heat and a TV now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    My house was built in the late 1910...but it has electric heat and a TV now!
    I can see the point though. As much as we might be able to agree on the exterior of CG, the vintage interior is so out of sync with all the various contributions to its mythology that it will probably be the most challenging project Mattel/4H have to tackle. I mean, after Filmation set the standard for CG bing the abode of the Sorceress and 200X only cemented that concept, there isn't much room for a torture rack or electronic devices. Even the old throne bears no resemblance to anything the Sorceress might sit in, though they could salvage it as Zodac's chair.

It would be far easier to just do the facade, but I have to admire how fearless Scott is about all this. I'm almost positive the interior won't appeal to me much but the facade will be worth the price alone I'm sure.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    "Underwhelming Carbon Copy"? Seriously? We haven't even seen anything yet.
    We don't even know if they've started the drawing the B-sheet!

Have the 4H not earned a teensy bit more respect than that?

People need to remember that all they said was that the proto castle was a starting POINT OF REFERENCE. Not the end all, be all. They never said it was going to be a copy. It's just a starting point.
    To be FAIR... There have been a FEW characters that the 'card back' was the 'point of reference'... that DID turn out to be a carbon copy.

Personaly, I don't think that WILL be the case with this... BUt I can understand a LITTLE concern

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Honestly.... I absolutely HATE the Ledge.

HATE, HATE, HATE.

It REALLY makes the castle look too SMALL. I want my castle to look BIG. Having a broken ledge... that seems to imply someone SHOULD be able to stand on it... but never really could... just ruins the illusion. What was the ledge for? was it attached to stairs like some pictures I've seen?

This also applies to any OTHER doors in the castle. Like the little door on the icon castle above for the left side... That would be like 'orko' size only??

All by itself, it's fine, and makes it look huge... put a FIGURE next to it... and it shatters illusions. I don't like looking at the playsets and saying 'that scale is all wrong'... and TOO many 'little' details can do JUST that.

Besides... if there's a back door... why is Skeletor always messing with the Jawbridge???

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    In a perfect imaginary world, the Throne Room in this Castle Grayskull would resemble the one from the '87 movie ... but even if the budget allowed for such a massive room, I doubt Mattel would want to risk the lawsuit. Perhaps we'll get lucky and the 4HM will be able to give a nod to it like they did with the eagle symbol on the Eternian Guards?

I'll make this promise right now: if the 4HM do manage to homage the '87 movie throne room, I will buy a Castle Grayskull, no questions asked. Even if everything else is a disappointment, even if the black plastic issue isn't resolved yet, I'll be awed enough to place that preorder. That's how much I've wanted a movie Throne Room for all these years.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Are there any unique filmation interiors that could feasibly fit inside?
    All I know is the throne. Maybe they could do interchangeable thrones - one vintage, one filmation, and switch out for whichever one you like.

As for minicomics, I wouldn't mind seeing some of the little details...the cobwebs, little chests, weapons, an iron jail door.
    I'd really like to see the mirror portal to Etheria worked in there somewhere. While I don't think it would work to go "dollhouse" and make the Sorceress' bed, some mirror-like portal with the chance to change the effect (kind of like the Muppet's Pigs In Space playset) would be very welcome. I'd love a nod to SotS in that way.

And then of course a matching one in Crystal Castle.

(Yes, I'm fantasizing LOL.)

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    I'd really like to see the mirror portal to Etheria worked in there somewhere. While I don't think it would work to go "dollhouse" and make the Sorceress' bed, some mirror-like portal with the chance to change the effect (kind of like the Muppet's Pigs In Space playset) would be very welcome. I'd love a nod to SotS in that way.

And then of course a matching one in Crystal Castle.

(Yes, I'm fantasizing LOL.)
    I would like to see a portal in the throne room as well. Would be a cool effect and a great nod to Filmation!

Great suggestion. All these little things for the interior are important reminders, if the powers that be read this thread. Filmation fans need to speak up now, in case something is overlooked. Unlike the outer sculpt, a lot of things from the interior can be optional.
    Even the prefilmation purist that I am recognizes it makes much more sense to have things like that for fans, than a playmat nobody has ever seen.