The big problem here is that this is on the tail end of the Hoverboard disaster, where design teams got switched and the quality of it dropped through the floor - mostly due to the design team.
You say you want one regardless, but tell me honestly, would you still feel that way if it was a lower rung in-house Mattel design team doing it? Even if you would, the Horsemen are a huge reason why people buy MOTUC and with good reason.
That's the problem here. There's precedent for Mattel pulling design teams from high ticket items (the Hoverboard) and for them pulling the Horsemen from lines (Ghostbusters). Yet when asked for reassurances that that wont happen here; Scott sidesteps the question with a canned response that dismisses the question.
You seem to be under the impression that all of the negative posts are just "Matty bashing" and who knows, maybe some of them are. However some of them, like mine are frustration at the situation in light of being recently burned.
The fact is that I would be 90% off the fence and preordering in a heartbeat if Scott came out and gave an iron clad guarantee that the 4H were handling this from start to finish (the other 10% would be that what's on offer on the preorder page has been fully costed).
Instead of passive-aggressively trying to silence those on the fence who have every reason to be nervous; why not work with those on the fence needing that reassurance (which if Castle Grayskull is "business as usual" as far as the Horsemen and MOTUC is concerned, should just be a mere formality on Scott's part), rather than viewing them as "the enemy"?
After all, doesn't those of us in that position getting the reassurances we need and preordering, actually help with making it happen?