Page 91 of 186 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

  1. #2251
    Widget He-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Eternia Animal Shelter
    Posts
    32
    I really hope that the people that are constantly bashing Matty and Gang don't influence too many people to not order.

    I totally understand that people have had issues with things, but to go on and on and on about it just hurts the chances that we'll get this thing made. And some of us DO want it to get made no matter how good it turns out to be.

    I would love to see those comments kept in the "What would it take for you to preorder" thread.

    And yes, this is a Castle Grayskull discussion thread, just maybe be aware of how damaging your negative comments could be to the future enjoyment of everyone else.

  2. #2252
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dog View Post
    I really hope that the people that are constantly bashing Matty and Gang don't influence too many people to not order.

    I totally understand that people have had issues with things, but to go on and on and on about it just hurts the chances that we'll get this thing made. And some of us DO want it to get made no matter how good it turns out to be.

    I would love to see those comments kept in the "What would it take for you to preorder" thread.

    And yes, this is a Castle Grayskull discussion thread, just maybe be aware of how damaging your negative comments could be to the future enjoyment of everyone else.
    And yet you're ignoring why these problems exist and just how easy it would be for Mattel to restore consumer confidence.

    The big problem here is that this is on the tail end of the Hoverboard disaster, where design teams got switched and the quality of it dropped through the floor - mostly due to the design team.

    You say you want one regardless, but tell me honestly, would you still feel that way if it was a lower rung in-house Mattel design team doing it? Even if you would, the Horsemen are a huge reason why people buy MOTUC and with good reason.

    That's the problem here. There's precedent for Mattel pulling design teams from high ticket items (the Hoverboard) and for them pulling the Horsemen from lines (Ghostbusters). Yet when asked for reassurances that that wont happen here; Scott sidesteps the question with a canned response that dismisses the question.

    You seem to be under the impression that all of the negative posts are just "Matty bashing" and who knows, maybe some of them are. However some of them, like mine are frustration at the situation in light of being recently burned.

    The fact is that I would be 90% off the fence and preordering in a heartbeat if Scott came out and gave an iron clad guarantee that the 4H were handling this from start to finish (the other 10% would be that what's on offer on the preorder page has been fully costed).

    Instead of passive-aggressively trying to silence those on the fence who have every reason to be nervous; why not work with those on the fence needing that reassurance (which if Castle Grayskull is "business as usual" as far as the Horsemen and MOTUC is concerned, should just be a mere formality on Scott's part), rather than viewing them as "the enemy"?

    After all, doesn't those of us in that position getting the reassurances we need and preordering, actually help with making it happen?

  3. #2253
    Widget He-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Eternia Animal Shelter
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    You say you want one regardless, but tell me honestly, would you still feel that way if it was a lower rung in-house Mattel design team doing it? Even if you would, the Horsemen are a huge reason why people buy MOTUC and with good reason.
    I hope I get the chance to feel ANY way about it other than disappointed that the preorder didn't meet it's goal.
    Last edited by He-Dog; November 8, 2012 at 03:17pm.

  4. #2254
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    2,809
    Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    And yet you're ignoring why these problems exist and just how easy it would be for Mattel to restore consumer confidence.
    In just a couple of days??

    People are angry and frustrated, and there is NOTHING that Mattel could say right now that would erase the hard feelings. Everytime they TRY... they get called liars and people demand 'proof'... but really, What proof IS there?? Until we get a whole year of perfect figures made exactly how everyone wants them... It won't be good enough.

    There is no soundbite that scott could post that would 'restore consumer confidence'


    Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post

    The fact is that I would be 90% off the fence and preordering in a heartbeat if Scott came out and gave an iron clad guarantee that the 4H were handling this from start to finish (the other 10% would be that what's on offer on the preorder page has been fully costed).
    He has. You don't believe him.

    He has stated repeatedly that the 4H were doing this... the 4H have come online and said they were doing this...

    Ironclad guarantee??? That's insane and entirely unreasonable. No company anywhere would give you an absolute guarantee that XXXX will still have a job a year and a half from now. ANYTHING can happen. I somehow doubt YOU have an ironclad guarantee that you'll have a job next year... I know "I" don't!

    As for costing... THey've said that TOO. What we have been shown is the bare minimum and nothing will be taken away.



    Sooooo really, these demands are either met, or fall into the catagory that some people have posted about 'wanting scott to come to their houses personally and apologize for everything that ever went wrong...'

  5. #2255
    Heroic Warrior Spitfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    133
    I think the amount of MOTUC fans tainted by the "Hoverboard-gate" represent a tiny minority of possible CG buyers and are over represented here in these threads.

    I for one would like to get back to discussion of the actual Castle Grayskull.

  6. #2256
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    He has. You don't believe him.
    No, I don't trust him after he met my request for reassurance with dismissive spin. If he actually gave me a straight answer, I'd give them a chance on this.

    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    He has stated repeatedly that the 4H were doing this... the 4H have come online and said they were doing this...
    There's a difference between doing this at the beginning and getting pulled from it, and them being there til the end. Considering the last preorder we had, the switched design teams on those of us who preordered, wanting reassurance that it wont happen here is entirely justifiable.

    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Ironclad guarantee??? That's insane and entirely unreasonable. No company anywhere would give you an absolute guarantee that XXXX will still have a job a year and a half from now. ANYTHING can happen. I somehow doubt YOU have an ironclad guarantee that you'll have a job next year... I know "I" don't!
    Really? We're being locked into an iron clad contract (this is not a design we're offered on release, this is a preorder contract) to purchase this sight unseen [barring "acts of God"], and it's "insane" and "unreasonable" to expect them to be equally locked into said contract [barring "acts of God"]? Wow. Just... wow.

    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    As for costing... THey've said that TOO. What we have been shown is the bare minimum and nothing will be taken away.
    Again, with the Hoverboard we were promised on thing and what we got was significantly less. Wanting reassurance that there's a very slim chance of that happening here (remember the promise made about the Hoverboard after SDCC that proved to be hollow) is again, entirely justifiable.

    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Sooooo really, these demands are either met, or fall into the catagory that some people have posted about 'wanting scott to come to their houses personally and apologize for everything that ever went wrong...'
    For some people maybe. For me, I just want rock solid confirmation from him that I wont get burned again like I did with the Hoverboard - to the point where I've posted a follow up to my question, asking straight up whether he could guarantee the Horsemen would be on this from start to finish and asking about how rock solid the costings are on it. If he gives me the right straight answers, then I'll be preordering one.

  7. #2257
    Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    LOS ANGELES
    Posts
    1,583
    Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    No, I don't trust him after he met my request for reassurance with dismissive spin. If he actually gave me a straight answer, I'd give them a chance on this.



    There's a difference between doing this at the beginning and getting pulled from it, and them being there til the end. Considering the last preorder we had, the switched design teams on those of us who preordered, wanting reassurance that it wont happen here is entirely justifiable.



    Really? We're being locked into an iron clad contract (this is not a design we're offered on release, this is a preorder contract) to purchase this sight unseen [barring "acts of God"], and it's "insane" and "unreasonable" to expect them to be equally locked into said contract [barring "acts of God"]? Wow. Just... wow.



    Again, with the Hoverboard we were promised on thing and what we got was significantly less. Wanting reassurance that there's a very slim chance of that happening here (remember the promise made about the Hoverboard after SDCC that proved to be hollow) is again, entirely justifiable.



    For some people maybe. For me, I just want rock solid confirmation from him that I wont get burned again like I did with the Hoverboard - to the point where I've posted a follow up to my question, asking straight up whether he could guarantee the Horsemen would be on this from start to finish and asking about how rock solid the costings are on it. If he gives me the right straight answers, then I'll be preordering one.
    Then don't order one. You really don't have to. i'm amazed how people can write pages and pages about a toy they're not sure they want.

    I will love my castle grayskull no matter what. Will it have everything I want? Probably not. But that's life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

  8. #2258
    Heroic Warrior Krueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    2,858
    ^ Schadenfreude. They want to see it fail, so then they can feel self-important and turn round and say "Told you".

  9. #2259
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    Then don't order one. You really don't have to. i'm amazed how people can write pages and pages about a toy they're not sure they want.
    If that were the case, do you really think I'd be "write pages and pages" if I didn't really want what is proposed? However by the same token I can't ignore issues with the Hoverboard which may pop up here as I have yet to get a straight answer that they wont also rear their ugly head with Castle Grayskull. If/once I get that confirmation, I'll preorder one. How exactly is that a wishy washy position?

  10. #2260
    Heroic Warrior Replikor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    2,266
    I wonder if we didnt get enough sales since yesterday for a meter update or not.. OR is TG waiting now?

    Thoughts guys?




    ...stress of this preorder is gonna kill me yet.... lol

  11. #2261
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,636
    Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    Then don't order one. You really don't have to. i'm amazed how people can write pages and pages about a toy they're not sure they want.
    I think that he really wants to get a Grayskull, but was burned on the antics from the Hoverboard pre-order. Understandable, but I don't think that stuff will happen here.

    1) The Four Horsemen aren't going anywhere
    2) MOTUC is the flagship line of Mattycollector.com

    The only way Mattel will be able to restore any goodwill is to have an impeccable 2013 with no QC problems, Digital River shenanighans or screwy creative decisions. That's too soon to sell fans on the Castle.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; November 8, 2012 at 04:55pm.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

  12. #2262
    Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    LOS ANGELES
    Posts
    1,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    ^ Schadenfreude. They want to see it fail, so then they can feel self-important and turn round and say "Told you".
    My thoughts exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

  13. #2263
    Heroic Warrior Replikor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    2,266
    Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    My thoughts exactly.
    Then dont let them!!!! Spam this on facebook, Twitter an talk ot local comic shops and online vendors!!! CALL PPL!!! I did!!!

    COME ON GUYS!!! STEP IT UP!!! WE [CAN] do this!!!

  14. #2264
    Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    965
    Not trying to be a jerk, but IS there a back-to-the-future.org? I didn't even order a hoverboard and I feel wronged by "hoverboard gate" because so many threads on HE-MAN.org are now full of hoverboard discussions.

    Castle Grayskull will be fine. He-Man will be fine. The Hoverboard is apparently, NOT FINE, but I would like to learn about that on its own dedicated thread OR on another website. Sorry.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

  15. #2265
    Heroic Hyperborean NorthCoast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,964
    Ok, bowspearer, we get it. You have made your point and the solution is simple...don't buy one.

    Now, please let this thread get back to discussing Castle Grayskull in these final critical hours of the presale.
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

  16. #2266
    Snappy Threader
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,530
    A little under 4 days to go. Let's do this!

    Side note, the 4H didn't do the hoverboard did they? Castle Grayskull will be fine.....

  17. #2267
    Heroic Subscriber He-Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Posts
    794
    I think they are mad because their "Movie Accurate" hover board doesn't really hover...

  18. #2268
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,956
    Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Yes but to draw on the same analogy; you're still talking about fruit growers (Mattel). You're saying this is going to be the 4H, but do we know that for sure? The big issue with the Hoverboard is that they started out with one design team and then gutted it after the preorder period. What guarantee do we have that Mattel wont pull the same stunt on this and pull the Horsemen off this after the preorder period too? That and the costings of this are the two big issues with this preorder.

    Yes I am 100% Sure and to back up my Statement that the Four Horsemen are Sculpting Castle Grayskull here is the message from the thread The Four Horsemen started.


    Four Horsemen speak up on Castle Grayskull

    The Four Horsemen have sent the following message to fans, encouraging you to preorder the MOTUC Castle Grayskull:

    One of the main things we've dreamed of doing since we very first pitched the idea of Masters of the Universe Classics to Mattel is to get the chance to re-create one of the most iconic playsets of all time, CASTLE GRAYSKULL! Well, the time has come, and we've got the chance to not only re-create Castle Grayskull so that it fits in with the level of detail and styling of Masters of the Universe Classics, but this thing's gonna be HUUUUGE! Plus, we're going to include all of the features and fun details of the original, and try squeeze in as much cool new stuff as we possibly can as well.

    Here's where you all come in. Unfortunately, this incredible playset isn't going to be cheap to purchase and we understand that. But the price Mattel's going to be selling it for is the only way we're going to be able to make it and get it into the hands of Masters of the Universe fans. Mattel has to have a certain amount of pre-orders before they can even have us start building the thing. If they don't meet the minimum number of pre-orders required to set this process in motion by the deadline, then Castle Grayskull for the MotU Classics line will never happen. It's as simple as that.

    So, obviously what we're asking from you is, if you can afford it, get over to MattyCollector.com right now and pre-order this monstrosity of a playset before it's too late. All of the details can be found at this link.

    You can also watch Mattel's own Scott (Toy Guru) Nietlich show off a foam-core mock up of the castle in a video he made recently by clicking here. Even though the mock up is very two dimensional, it'll give you a pretty good idea of just how massive this thing will be when it's finished!

    We're pretty darned excited about the possibility of making this beast of a toy and we'll promise you right now that if we get to create Castle Grayskull for you, we're going to put every ounce of heart, soul and creativity into it that we can to try to make it worth every hard earned penny that you're going to be spending on it. We've already been going over the blueprints and planning our direction of attack so when (not if) Mattel gives us the green light we can dive right in. Now all we need is you. This time you truly DO have the power! Thanks in advance.

    -FOUR HORSEMEN-

    I truly hope that you fans that are on the fence really come through for He-Man and Company

  19. #2269
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    2,809
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    I think they are mad because their "Movie Accurate" hover board doesn't really hover...
    That's why "I" didn't order one

    Lights and sounds are just TEASING at THAT point If they had one that actually FLOATED... Even if it DIDN'T hold my weight, i STILL would have been first in lind

  20. #2270
    Heroic Warrior orbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,386
    Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    If that were the case, do you really think I'd be "write pages and pages" if I didn't really want what is proposed? However by the same token I can't ignore issues with the Hoverboard which may pop up here as I have yet to get a straight answer that they wont also rear their ugly head with Castle Grayskull. If/once I get that confirmation, I'll preorder one. How exactly is that a wishy washy position?
    I know that Mattel produced the hover board, but it is not the same design team as MOTUC is it? If not, then you cant really compare the two can you? If you can, then I can say with pretty good confidence that CG will be awesome, because Mattel has made some pretty awesome Barbies.

  21. #2271
    Angast's #1 fan Bonehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Windy City South Suburbs
    Posts
    3,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    ^ Schadenfreude. They want to see it fail, so then they can feel self-important and turn round and say "Told you".
    Agreed.





    I seriously think, or at least hope, that this will be just like the Club thermometers earlier in the year that "magically" jumped on the last day. By holding out on updating the thermometer, Mattel thinks they will get a surge in sales from people who "cave in" at the last minute and they are probably right.

  22. #2272
    Heroic Warrior Jinxieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Longview, WA
    Posts
    735
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Yes I am 100% Sure and to back up my Statement that the Four Horsemen are Sculpting Castle Grayskull here is the message from the thread The Four Horsemen started.


    Four Horsemen speak up on Castle Grayskull

    The Four Horsemen have sent the following message to fans, encouraging you to preorder the MOTUC Castle Grayskull:

    One of the main things we've dreamed of doing since we very first pitched the idea of Masters of the Universe Classics to Mattel is to get the chance to re-create one of the most iconic playsets of all time, CASTLE GRAYSKULL! Well, the time has come, and we've got the chance to not only re-create Castle Grayskull so that it fits in with the level of detail and styling of Masters of the Universe Classics, but this thing's gonna be HUUUUGE! Plus, we're going to include all of the features and fun details of the original, and try squeeze in as much cool new stuff as we possibly can as well.

    Here's where you all come in. Unfortunately, this incredible playset isn't going to be cheap to purchase and we understand that. But the price Mattel's going to be selling it for is the only way we're going to be able to make it and get it into the hands of Masters of the Universe fans. Mattel has to have a certain amount of pre-orders before they can even have us start building the thing. If they don't meet the minimum number of pre-orders required to set this process in motion by the deadline, then Castle Grayskull for the MotU Classics line will never happen. It's as simple as that.

    So, obviously what we're asking from you is, if you can afford it, get over to MattyCollector.com right now and pre-order this monstrosity of a playset before it's too late. All of the details can be found at this link.

    You can also watch Mattel's own Scott (Toy Guru) Nietlich show off a foam-core mock up of the castle in a video he made recently by clicking here. Even though the mock up is very two dimensional, it'll give you a pretty good idea of just how massive this thing will be when it's finished!

    We're pretty darned excited about the possibility of making this beast of a toy and we'll promise you right now that if we get to create Castle Grayskull for you, we're going to put every ounce of heart, soul and creativity into it that we can to try to make it worth every hard earned penny that you're going to be spending on it. We've already been going over the blueprints and planning our direction of attack so when (not if) Mattel gives us the green light we can dive right in. Now all we need is you. This time you truly DO have the power! Thanks in advance.

    -FOUR HORSEMEN-

    I truly hope that you fans that are on the fence really come through for He-Man and Company
    I don't think providing Bowspearer with "facts" will do anything to quench his rant...

    Besides, I'm really confused Bowspearer, are you trying to convince others not to preorder the Castle or are you trying to justify your reason for not??? Because whenever someone counters your argument you come back with a new argument. The Hoverboard and the Castle are two very different things. Hoverboard = Movie prop based off actual movie props and very easy to mess up colors on decals, missing Velcro, and misplaced screws. Castle Grayskull = Toy based off multiple previous incarnations and heavily influenced by the toy prototype with artistic leeway in sculpt, color, paint apps and content.

    Toyguru has already said the castle will include all elements included in the b-sheet and hopefully more, and the 4 Horseman already confirmed they are sculpting it. The team behind the Hoverboard and the team behind the castle are different teams! All your concerns have been addressed! Lets move on and encourage everyone to preorder what is sure to be the most awesome piece of awesomeness that will be included in any toy collection!!!

    Very different animals that are NOT in the same zoo! They are on different continents!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    I know that Mattel produced the hover board, but it is not the same design team as MOTUC is it? If not, then you cant really compare the two can you? If you can, then I can say with pretty good confidence that CG will be awesome, because Mattel has made some pretty awesome Barbies.
    The only thing they have in common are they are both pre-orders and they are both sold through Mattycollectors.com.

  23. #2273
    Heroic Warrior Spitfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    133
    How do you guys feel about CG containing both technology and magic accutrements? The filmation CG seemed to be more magical inside than the vintage playset which had more tech.
    I kind of think of CG as where they stored the old magic power that caused problems in the past. Now the kingdom has moved toward using tech. So seeing a lot of tech inside the playsets throws me off. Would you guys like to see more magic related extras inside the playset? A balance?

  24. #2274
    MOTUClassics.Com Daniel Lynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,022
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    Not trying to be a jerk, but IS there a back-to-the-future.org? I didn't even order a hoverboard and I feel wronged by "hoverboard gate" because so many threads on HE-MAN.org are now full of hoverboard discussions.
    I was starting to think we were at some sort of BTTF.Org! Goodness!
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

  25. #2275
    Heroic Warrior Replikor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    2,266
    ...the SEVERE slowdown in the number of preorder's placed now on, has me more than a little concerned with us still needing 29% sales to hit the minimum goal.

    Do you personally think that someone... somewhere... will place a SUPER large order at the last minute an make up 4-to-6 marks? As thats ALOT of $$$ !

    Do you think that the general MOTU community seems almost too confident that we will make the deadline and minimum Mattel demands in the sales numbers?

    Personal thoughts or opinions on the matter anyone/everyone??

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •